#101 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:12 AM

Nooooo...
Why Ryo-chan have to??

But i remembered when Manaka said in ger blog last night, Kenshuu Hokkaido is not a permanent unit, have to prepare for the worst.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#102 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1531 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

That's disappointing... I haven't been on the forum in a few days, but I knew what happened when she wasn't in the announcement video for the spring recitals. Well, I hope she's successful in whatever she does next.

#103 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:30 PM

Two months later I just found out about this. Too bad, she was the only Hokkaido KSS member I was interested in.

#104 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:40 PM

Kitagawa Ryo is now a member of the newly announced Sapporo, Hokkaido idol group @ria (Aria; アリア). The group was announced on 9/2/2019. There's a crowdfunding campaign to support the launch, and it looks like their first single should be released sometime in November/December.

You can see her in their first livestream at 16:05 here.

Ryo's twitter:

https://twitter.com/ryou06_

Group socials:

https://twitter.com/aria_likey_news
https://www.tiktok.c...aria_likey_news

Crowdfunding:

https://camp-fire.jp...cts/view/140715

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#105 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:48 AM

im happy she didnt leave entertaintment industry!

#106 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:41 AM

Image / behind the scenes photoshoot video for Ryo.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#107 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:04 AM

This group dynamic feels really fun. I'm glad Ryo seems to be finding her own way. Even for the short time that she was in the HKSS, she was one of my favorites in both trainee programs. It seems like it isn't too far off, particularly since Twitch is becoming more popular in the east, but I feel like we're getting closer to a time when former idols will eventually be able to capitalize on their name recognition even outside of the traditional entertainment industry. Although I'm always happy to see instances like this where a KSS makes a reappearance still trying to live the idol dream, I often worry for those who may want to make a comeback, but may not know how to leverage the start that H!P gave them towards something more substantial in the future. A social media presence is always a good start though, whether it's managed or not.

#108 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:36 AM

Kitagawa Ryo will be graduating from @ria after their factory live event on March 2nd and moving to Tokyo. I wonder if she'll be joining another local idol group, or if this could mean that she got a callback from H!P  :ph34r:

https://twitter.com/...796137222684672

#109 Curlymckay

Curlymckay

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

^It'd be interesting if she was coming back to H!P, maybe it's a sign they're trying really hard to debut a new unit?

But also, if she joins H!P it'd be a fun mix with Kitagawa Rio now lol

Oshis Ogata Haruna, Kudo Yume

MM21 Homatan - ANG Shionnu - BYNDS Honorin - GRAD Sayumin, Rihoriho, Yanamin

LOONA - SNSD - aespa- Love Live!

#110 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:35 PM

Considering the that cutoff date for singing up for ANGERME’s audition is actually tomorrow.... I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#111 Mikansei Girl 17

Mikansei Girl 17

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:59 AM

^

The application deadline is February 25  :c18:

Morning Musume
odasaku.png

#112 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:24 AM

I feel like with Ryo's situation, if they wanted her as a selection, then they could be contacting her if she showed any interest in the audition without necessarily having to go through the normal audition process. It could be a bit of a risk to have her present in later rounds with other participants leaking her presence if they already had any inclination towards bringing her back. With her @ria activities, it would also make sense to contact her early so that local @ria fans could get a proper good-bye without suddenly severing ties with the group, and having her appear in later audition rounds for other participants to see her would make speculation even more rampant. Even more importantly with preferential treatment in mind, there's no guarantee that it would be Angerme-related even if it were Hello! Project that made the call. Inoue Rei has to go somewhere after Kobushi Factory disbands. If she doesn't get placed in another group like Juice=Juice, it's also very possible that Ryo could be a favored selection to join ReiRei's new group along with other KSS selections.

All of that said, it is heavily speculative and the only hint that this could have anything to do with H!P is that she's moving to Tokyo and that H!P has an ongoing audition with an ability to travel to Tokyo being a requirement for the process. Admittedly, that is a bit of a stretch. Whether it's her parents' jobs, a relative, or even just that she or her parents chose a specific school they want her to attend, there are any number of reasons she could be going to Tokyo before ever considering her own career. There are just so many possible paths that she can take once she gets to Tokyo if she plans on being an idol that it wouldn't even necessarily need to be H!P. Even before considering the numerous local-ish idol groups, Ichii Sayaka's project right now has requirements that perfectly fit for Ryo, with one of them also being the ability to practice in Tokyo.

The one major problem I see that could mean that there's no involvement with H!P at all is precisely the reason that people are speculating that she could be rejoining H!P. Her letter in her graduation announcement from @ria explicitly mentioned that she's moving to Tokyo. Simply saying that she was moving would have been sufficient, and no mention of where would have been required. If H!P wanted to keep this hidden until late March or April, she likely would have been warned to avoid being too open about the specifics. She's young though, so it's possible that she just didn't think it through that people would make those kinds of connections... or she did it intentionally and, also because she's young, thinks it was vague enough that they couldn't blame or punish her for it.  ^^;

While there are a lot of things to be uncertain or hopeful about, I would like to see Ryo in H!P again. I'm personally hoping that she was called to join a new group with Rei, Kanami, Minori, and other current KSS/Unit members.

Edit: It looks like she may not get that chance for a final good-bye with her current group anyway. The event is currently postponed because of health and safety reasons. Understandable, considering the new cases in Hokkaido, but still rather sad for Ryo and her fellow group-mates. https://twitter.com/...175020388347904

#113 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:52 PM

Since the Factory live event was postponed, Ryo-chan's graduation ceremony will be done in a YouTube live event. Announced with @ria's channel going public:

https://twitter.com/...914745910960131

#114 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:21 AM

Aw, I'm glad they found some kind of work around to see her off together.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#115 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

I think seeing her involved in H!P again is a pipe dream, but we'll see if your fantasies are anything but that.

This made me curious about one thing: name-wise, what is the difference between a Kitagawa Ryo and a Kitagawa Rio? Phonetically speaking only, no Kanji obviously.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#116 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:54 AM

i remember thinking she was super pretty, but i wasnt super crazy about her , but this girl is constantly on my mind, to see her rejoining would be incredible

#117 Curlymckay

Curlymckay

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:15 AM

^^

From what I can tell, 

Rio is pronounced like Ri - oh (2 syllables) 

Ryo is pronounced like Ryoh ("Yo" with an "R" sound in front of it, 1 syllable)

Oshis Ogata Haruna, Kudo Yume

MM21 Homatan - ANG Shionnu - BYNDS Honorin - GRAD Sayumin, Rihoriho, Yanamin

LOONA - SNSD - aespa- Love Live!

#118 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:15 AM

^Oh, I c, thanks.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#119 give me aiai

give me aiai

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:19 AM

I've kept meaning to bring this up, but always forget.

When I heard Ryo was moving to Tokyo, my thought wasnt for H!P but for ]the new open Love Live audition, and in general better access to recruiters/companies probably. Of course we won't know for sure until we see her.

#120 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:13 AM

It's crazy how now there's a Kitagawa Rio in MM. I wonder what she thinks of this irony. I follow her Instagram and I like to see her updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users