259 replies to this topic

#1 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Dear friends and idol lovers,

as promised a few weeks back we have been working on a new tracker especially dedicated to Japanese idols.
Now that the testing phase has been successful it is time to go public.

Due to some regretful circumstances we have not been able to integrate the old database after all.
It will be possible to do that at a later time but we do not know if or when that will happen.
But we feel that it is important to have a place solely for our little community and do not want to wait any longer.

I am sure you will find some bugs and have requests for improvements.
Feel free to give us your opinions in the forum on our site.
Just be patient about it as we all are normal people who have to work for a living and can't respond 24/7.

The (hopeful) arrival of hundreds of people will also put an untested stress on our site and server.
So bear with us in case of prolems resulting from this.
We are new to creating and running a tracker. But with everyone's help and enthusiasm we will be able to make this a success story!

We have tried to make the tracker feel as close to the old one as possible.
The most prominent new feature are freeleech torrents that count only towards you upload stats which will help users with slow connections.

We have also decided to make the site as camouflage as possible to the outside.
The main portal therefor is just a login site and the inside will not be approachable for search engines.

Now without further ado go ahead, register and feel at home at:
https://aidoru-online.org/

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#2 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:48 PM

Ooooh, interesting. I just registered. Looking forward to seeing how this new site will develop

#3 meds

meds

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Don't look, just develop. Upload videos and such, write to forums, report issues, support maintainers.

#4 Jpopfan-Australia

Jpopfan-Australia

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

thank you for your efforts :good:

thank you for your efforts :good:

#5 OM617

OM617

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

We have also decided to make the site as camouflage as possible to the outside.
The main portal therefor is just a login site and the inside will not be approachable for search engines.

Thats a good idea for the short-term, but long term how do you plan on people finding it beyond word of mouth?

Thank you! I am ReniChanFan on there.

#6 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

Ours is a small community. Word of mouth is exactly how this should spread

Talk about it on the forumsm blogs and sites you visit. That'll do

If we don't want to have an invite-only tracker we have to protect ourselves a bit

Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#7 rolca

rolca

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:10 AM

Thank you!!!!   :good:  ^-^

Saludos

rol'ca

#8 nbajammer

nbajammer

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:46 AM

Thank you everyone for putting this together. Requirements look very reasonable. Looking forward to getting caught up on my shows. Will help seed as long as my bandwidth cap allows. I am signed up as nbajammer.

#9 Meroron♥

Meroron♥

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:11 AM

Oh, first time I'm seeing this!

The fall of H!O tracker was a bit less catastrophic than I feared it would be since uploaders seem to have somewhat migrated to JPS and Nyaa, but I do find it more practical and organized for the long term to have an idol-specific tracker up again. Thank you so much for the initiative! I just signed up.

#maavision

#10 Zabieru

Zabieru

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:14 AM

Awesome! It's a shame we lost the old tracker and we can't integrate this one into the site, but I'll check it out. Thanks! 

2NsEwYR.png

#11 Rogre

Rogre

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for this

suzukisig1_zps49f105df.png?t=1375106594

Set made by Ugly-chan

#12 frozenswinub

frozenswinub

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:28 AM

Ours is a small community. Word of mouth is exactly how this should spread

Talk about it on the forumsm blogs and sites you visit. That'll do

I think this is rather small-minded. I don't post on any forums, whether it be these or those of another site regardless of interest, and I know I am not alone.

Neither did I find idols and this site through word of mouth. I would not have become and stayed a fan of idols if I had not have found this site through a quick google search.

Not only are you restricting your user base to those who have already latched onto idols enough to want to go out of their way to find your new site, but are also limiting the growth of the foreign idol fanbase by doing so.

We may be a small community, but there is no reason to, nor should we, keep it this small.

#13 rka001

rka001

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

Hi,

thanks for setting this up.

So, i set this my accout, tried to log in, but failed because of password error.

Even after triple checking, triple password-reset, selecting the easiest password of all time, making sure that caps/lock is off and after cookie deletion,

the server says my password does not match to the username.

Which is a bit ridiculous. Anyone else have this problem? Is a three-character-user name a problem?

Curiously, everytime i have deleted cookies or have changed the browser, the counter of failed login attempts is reset to 5.

Also, there is no "password has been changed successfully"-prompt after retyping the password.

#14 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:56 AM

but there is no reason to, nor should we, keep it this small.

You do know that torrenting releases and even TV shows is illegal and we're all breaking the law, don't you?

Simple googling is one proven way for copyright owners to find out where their stuff is posted.

There's a reason why jpopsuki was gone a few years back and d-addicts and others closed permanently

Be happy that ours is still an open tracker

Ayaya3.jpg

#15 frozenswinub

frozenswinub

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

You do know that torrenting releases and even TV shows is illegal and we're all breaking the law, don't you?

There's a reason why jpopsuki was gone a few years back and d-addicts and others closed permanently

Then how was it that H!O's tracker stayed up for as long as it did?

#16 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

Yay!!!

And thanks!!!

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#17 akb48princess13

akb48princess13

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

yay thank you so much for your effort :good: i'll check it out

王女 <3 :king: ٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و

#18 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

Then how was it that H!O's tracker stayed up for as long as it did?

Just because H!O was never shut down doesn't mean it wouldn't have happened.
Might I remind you that Haku shut down the H!O tracker because of this exact fear...

The Japanese are anal about piracy. You should know this. How are you even complaining here dude???

Think about all the YouTube videos that get taken down ALL. THE. TIME.

Keeping the tracker hidden is really important - it keeps the content AND the users safe.

Getting into Japanese idols is pretty easy seeing as there are multiple forums, threads on 4chan and even Subreddits on reddit.
There are loooooads of videos on youtube and dailymotion as well.
There are also many direct download websites to gain access to the music - like Youshikibi for instance.
This is definitely not keeping the community small and if you are into idols enough to know about and want to watch their shows,

then you will definitely be looking at forums, which is hopefully where you will be introduced to the tracker.

Spread the word. Be active in the community. Upload and seed torrents.

Your complaints are unwarranted...

#19 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

You guys were so fast in setting this up! Thanks for all the work and time you invested for this fandom!  ^_^

6DYNteh.png

#20 xibo

xibo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:28 AM

Thanks to Matt and all the others involved at setting the new tracker up.

Want us to populate it with the old (H!O) content?

Btw, is "Anonymous" a user name, or are we able to post torrents on aidoru-online without using our profiles?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users