Photo

H!O Tracker closure let's talk about alternatives.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1006 replies to this topic

#41 Kuroki Pyon

Kuroki Pyon

Kawaii Gumi Russia R. G. Member

• Senpai
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

However, they will not create an Idol category.

How to sort files then?

Posted Image

#42 mikachuuu

mikachuuu

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

- Ask the admins to make H!O/Idol category on Nyaa

- Make the tracker tab on H!O redirect to the Nyaa H!O/Idol category

--> Now we have an open well working tracker that anyone can find

I don't see a reason why the people on Nyaa wouldn't want more traffic on their site.

For your information - and this goes to everybody else reading: 

I have been talking to Nyaa staff. 

They are positive to uploaders coming from H!O to their site. 

However, they will not create an Idol category.

For those who are reading this and thinking of uploading on H!O: 

- nyaa can hide your username when you upload a file. This is an option you can use. 

- nyaa can also let you upload without an account. 

- If you're an uploader here, you could contact me via PM, and when you've registered on nyaa, contact me again with your username information, and I will contact the staff on nyaa, and they can make you into a trusted user there. This of course being an option for those here who have regularly uploaded files. If you use the hide username feature, your torrents will still appear as a trusted torrent. This is basically a mark of quality that they use.

- Furthermore, they do not store/save IP's

So, as far as being a public tracker, aside from the fact that idol files are a minor thing there, they have many good options for users. Can upload without an account, can upload with a trusted account and hide your username, the site does not store IP's. And so on. 

I'm not sure a completely public tracker is a good idea. There are uploaders who need to remain anonymous mainly from Japan and we can't allow to lose them. JPS should be the primary replacement until we can figure out how to move on IMO.

Not to mention torrents die way too fast on public trackers.

See my above post. 

They have options that seem to mirror what H!O have offered.

Oh dude <3 good work!

#43 Ready2

Ready2

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Okay so guess anonymity won't be such a concern. Still without categories things can get very cluttered but my main concern is that torrents die so fast on nyaa usually.

#44 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

So I guess Nyaa is the popular choice right now then? Is this likely to be a permanent thing or is it more of a stopgap with the view to setting something up as an actual replacement for the H!O tracker?

Just thought I'd ask because I've only had a chance to skim the comments on the announcement and didn't see this asked.

#45 vemene

vemene

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:34 PM

I'm not sure a completely public tracker is a good idea. There are uploaders who need to remain anonymous mainly from Japan and we can't allow to lose them. JPS should be the primary replacement until we can figure out how to move on IMO.

There is also the problem that the hosting service I run my seedbox on flatly prohibits seeding to/from public trackers; it is private tracker seeds or nothing with them.  This is why their prices are so low -- less risk on the host's end.  And this sort of policy is typical among the more-reliable hosting providers.

Also, as an additional consideration, seeding torrents downloaded from public trackers pretty much *requires* using a blacklist on your own machine, unless you are a clueless n00b or live in a data haven country.

#46 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

There is also the problem that the hosting service I run my seedbox on flatly prohibits seeding to/from public trackers; it is private tracker seeds or nothing with them.  This is why their prices are so low -- less risk on the host's end.

Also, as an additional consideration, seeding torrents downloaded from public trackers pretty much *requires* using a blacklist on your own machine, unless you are a clueless n00b or live in a data haven country.

That's a good point actually, my seedbox plan doesn't allow seeding on public trackers. That could hinder my ability to upload a bit.

#47 anonim59

anonim59

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

I just need a H!P ver of this site since I can Download from google drive/YT with jdownloader

for torrent i think the best solution is nyaa.se

http://www.jpfans.co...ex.php?f43.html <--good place is you using japanese/googletranslate

Hopeful this happen (since 2014)  ---> 羽賀朱音 for モーニング娘。'20 member at 第三十二回オリンピック競技大会 "Opening/Closing Ceremony" 

Since 20 January 2016                    ---> Supporting 小片リサ 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Yoo Jae Suk fans who loved variety show like Infinity Challenge, Running Man, 2 Days & 1 Night, the return of superman, Mechaike,  and anything show that make me laugh to death 

my first and fav idol until now is Yaguchi Mari (since 2007)  -----   I NEED H!P ver of THIS SITE     -----      MyTwiter

#48 Wlerin

Wlerin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

The lack of an idol category on either nyaa or jpopsuki is a major problem to be frank.

#49 M83

M83

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Moving to Nyaa sounds pretty good, but public torrents seems not right, somehow. I believe H!O can keep the seeds alive for a long time mainly because we have to keep it alive for the ratios purpose.

I'm fine with JPS since I've been there for a while, but it's like a graveyard for idol videos/variety compared to H!O, so at the end of the day it's pretty much depends on where all the uploaders want to go.

For now, Nyaa seems to be the best short solution, but it's not gonna hold..

#50 Wlerin

Wlerin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

oops, double posted, disregard.

#51 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Plus a lot of people are on slow upload connections or in places where it's not possible, and would never be able to do that without a seedbox

That's exactly why JPS has a bonus point system were you get rewarded for seeding torrents, no matter if you actually upload much data or not. If the intend to seed is there you will get rewarded in points which you can exchange for upload. I can understand why people want to make sure the main business moves to nyaa instead of JPS, but spreading lies is not the way to go.

The lack of an idol category on either nyaa or jpopsuki is a major problem to be frank.

What? JPS have a much better system than H!O actually had. You could get notifications for artists (or idols, whatever) you follow as well as set yourself as fan of that group. You'd not miss a single torrent. Again, please don't spread lies just because you want to lead stuff in a certain direction.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#52 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

Well, 

I've done what I can do so far today. 

JPS is open for registration so far. Yes, it's a ratio based invite tracker with its own set of rules. Some of which may be stricter than here. It's one alternative. 

Then there's Nyaa. I've talked to staff there now, for over an hour, gotten good feedback, plenty of help and answers to my concerns and questions. We won't get an Idol category, there's the Live action category if we use that site. But other than that it offers nice anonymous protection, etc. as I explained above. 

KickAssTorrents is also an alternative. I have not talked to staff there, and doubt I will. It's also a public tracker. 

I have looked at options and been thinking about this since I first read this message my time 16:45. It is now 22:40. I need to clear my head, I will read this thread later today, and continue where I left off tomorrow, hopefully with replies from the uploaders I've contacted, whom I will give more information. 

My request to you guys reading and participating in this thread, is to discuss actual alternatives, strategy, and similar. Things that are helpful to people from all over the world. This way we can probably find solutions in the end that helps as many people as possible.

Thanks.

#53 Ready2

Ready2

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:42 PM

I think someone (probably Krusha) should poll the major uploaders. They should be the ones who decide where we move.

#54 vemene

vemene

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:46 PM

I think someone (probably Krusha) should poll the major uploaders. They should be the ones who decide where we move.

...and the high-ratio seeders too, please.

I have never uploaded a single file to the H!O Tracker, but I still burn through nearly 10TB/month of bandwidth seeding for y'all.

(And remember that BitTorrent can still work without a tracker using DHT and PeX, which is another option our top uploaders and seeders can fall back to if necessary.)

#55 eo396b29v

eo396b29v

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

There is also the problem that the hosting service I run my seedbox on flatly prohibits seeding to/from public trackers; it is private tracker seeds or nothing with them.  This is why their prices are so low -- less risk on the host's end.  And this sort of policy is typical among the more-reliable hosting providers.

My seedbox prohibits public trackers too, but Nyaa actually works. In my experience seedbox companies mostly just ban the big public ones (Pirate Bay, Kickass Torrents, etc.) Usually the smaller public one seem to slip by. It's worth checking if yours works there at least.

#56 xibo

xibo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

On this occation, can we talk to the admins of whatever tracker we're moving to add predefined tags to torrent searches? As of now some uploaders name their uploads something like "(group/member) title" while other people use "date title" and others name it "title (group/member)", creating a mess, not to mention names being misspelled, such as tsuginaga momoko, EMIkamisama wa totsuzen ni, idol youkouchou matsuri, cute vs c-ute, s/mileage vs smileage...

If the admins/mods add group tags (not even need member ones) this would allow up- and downloaders to "less errorously" classify torrents while allowing virtually any number of keywords for a torrent without having to bloat the torrent name, and the number of keywords would likely stay within "browsable" dimensions - important if you're looking for "station" idol group instead of h!p-/music-/smile-/...-station, or ange☆reve withouth the ability to input the star-character (searching for ange will find almost exclusively angerme files).

#57 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

What about if the descriptions of uploads from people who came from here had [H!O] at the start of the filename? Or just [Idols!] or something? That could help in searching.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#58 Wlerin

Wlerin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

What? JPS have a much better system than H!O actually had. You could get notifications for artists (or idols, whatever) you follow as well as set yourself as fan of that group. You'd not miss a single torrent. Again, please don't spread lies just because you want to lead stuff in a certain direction.

Ah, I was mistaken. AKB48 doesn't show up when searching the Artists section (because it wants tags, not names). I guess I should have just used the Artist search box instead of clicking Artists.

I would still prefer a new tracker. I don't think JPS will suit the majority of people using H!O. (One minor issue for me personally, I'm not converting my entire library to Given Name Family Name).

#59 goodchao~

goodchao~

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

I'm fine with JPS since I've been there for a while, but it's like a graveyard for idol videos/variety compared to H!O

It's like a graveyard probably because H!O exist. Usually I've seen ts file available on JPS first before someone else uploaded it here. Raw provider seems like to hangout there.

#60 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:52 PM

I was with avistaz as long as with H!O. They are private tracker. Mostly Asian movies and series there, but there are some 48G and Jpop there.

If Krusha wants to check it out, I have some invites. Unless they have open registration it is by invite only.

https://avistaz.to/

not much shown there. Perhaps someone also there, or could invite 1 or 2 people.

They have bonus point system, huge torrent free download or half. If you are willing to spend few bucks you can up ratio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users