• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

I'm really looking forward to this. Those covers are really good.

#42 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

Updated member profile images
Yuu Maeda 

Spoiler

Aoyama Reiko
Spoiler

Murakami Rumina
Spoiler

Minato Akane
Spoiler

Okamura Akina
Spoiler

Hayashi Yuzuka
Spoiler

Mizuno Mai
Spoiler

Matsumoto Runa
Spoiler

Sawaguchi Keiko
Spoiler

Sakurako
Spoiler

I really love the look of these, even if they are huge! :D 

#43 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

The music video is out!!! This is incredible!! I love the song and the video. 

A new tour "backstage/interivew/preview" has been released. 

I really hope they will release a new live DVD one day, maybe of the tour final in Tokyo Zepp.

#44 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

I was at work when I saw that the new PV was out and immediately went into OMG I need to listen to this but then figured I've annoyed my coworker enough with my Japanese music so far  ^^;

he's not getting away monday tho I'm totally playing this at work

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#45 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:48 PM

^^ Wow. I'm completely blown away by this monster of a song!

So this is what happens when you let a classic rocker at heart compose and arrange a dance track!
This almost sounds like a jpop equivalent of synthwave - essentially 80's 'metal' with synths instead of the usual instruments.

Not what I expected after 'Tears again' and 'Baby Kiss'.

Also, once again quite a big solo part for Sakurako! She's doing great, but the real stars are both our leading ladies.

^ this one is NSFW

#46 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

^^I would have loved to see your coworker's reaction to that MV. When I played it at home my mother actually approved of the song. I told her that she would hate it and that I should turn it off and then she started to dance to it. Not at all the reaction I had expected!

^To me both The Call and Kindan no Masquerade are beasts. I would have been incredible to have them both on the same single, I think they match each other well. Sakurako is getting more and more moments to shine and I love it. Speaking of Tears Again the latest tour video showed Sakura's moment in just that song. 

We better be getting a DVD of the Tokyo Zepp show, it has been 3 years since the last one. I don't know how well it sold but it has been sold out everywhere I have looked for it. 

I am curious about the single's B-sides Yukiyo no Bambina (雪夜のバンビーナ) and Giri Love (ギリラブ). I thought Setsuna no Yoru no Naka de has perfect B-sides so I hope this single can live up to that. 

#47 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

20170102「 NATASHA 」New Year Premium Party

#48 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:09 PM

I found this live with Giri Love at around 11 minutes in. I did not expect that kind of song.

#49 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

The other b-side is much more like Predia's usual style, so hopefully a song to look forward to.

#50 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

^The other B-Side was much better.

Now that the single is out I think it is good, the only thing stopping it from me to consider it their best one are the b-sides. Setsuna no Yoru no Naka de remains as my favorite because the A-side and B-sides were great. I think Kindan no Masquerade is their best A-side and I really like how they put more spotlight on Sakurako, I love her voice and her delivery of all her lines. Yukiyo no Bambina is a nice song in the Predia style but I don't find it outstanding. Giri Love is not a song that fits my taste, it is a nice and cute song I guess, but it is not the kind of song I wanted them to release. 

Oricon Charting:

24/1: #6 (Not sure why it ranked on that day when the release was on the 25th... Maybe I am missing something there?)

25/1: #27

26/1: #20

27/1: #12

28/1: #16

29/1: #9

30/1: No longer in top 30.

iWJCoopp.png

EWuePIaH.png

aHue6DHd.png

2xo903b9.png

#51 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

^ That's how oricon works it's always a day before releases (why I have no idea).

#52 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

^Intresting and thank you for explaining. If they have always done it like that it feels like something I should have known. I gues I never paied enough attention to the dates and just the actual sales. 

#53 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:59 AM

It has been a while since I was here. I am planning on going to their tour finale on the 2nd of July (as long as it does not clash with another concert.)

So I had been thinking to myself "when will the release a new single?" and it turns out that a date for a new single has been revealed today! 

1. Nouvelle Cuisine

2. B side (Satin Doll wa Kataranai)

3. To be announced

The single will be released on the 21st of June and I will go to the release event for sure. 

I wonder what the new single will be like, I have really loved their past three albums a lot so I am hoping this one will deliver too. 

#54 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Album covers are out and according to Tower Records the 3rd b-side is titled Paradise

C-jGcKmUwAA7MSe.jpg

C-jGcLKUwAEdRzw.jpg

C-jGcLfUIAARjLH.jpg

#55 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

^ There's a live version on youtube -> predia170423 @19m13s

[edit]
A-side: 
Nouvelle Cuisine - 
The thing I dislike the most about the song is that it's such an obvious attempt to repeat the (relative) success of Utsukushiki Koudokutachi. It's almost the same song. So to me it's just a lesser copy of a song I don't like very much in the first place. 

On top of that, all kinds of visual elements seem to be copied from previous singles (the food, the wine), plus the obligatory 'Ahh!!' following the chorus, Reiko's sexy voice gimmick...it all does't make a very inspired impression unfortunately.  

On the other hand, if it sells a decent amount by playing it safe, who can blame them.

B-sides:
Satin doll - has a great beat/drive; sounds more a like showcase to highlight the main vocalists singing abilities instead of a catchy song, but still pretty good.
Paradise - really nice verse/prechorus, pity about the monotonous chorus, which makes the song fall flat about halfway. 

#56 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

^I wish I had seen it before but I decided to not check out any live stages because I thought it would make the song better. After watching the PV I have changed my mind, I should have looked at live versions first because other than the fact that the PV is red and the outfits I don't like it much. I feel that it is promoting their Predia wine that they are selling at their lives more than an actual stand alone song. It feels like a CF deal PV but for their own product.

The song is alright, their weakest title since Mitashite Amore in my opinion, but I already like it more than that one. This one is pretty much entierly saved by the guitar for me. I am hoping it will be a grower. It was funny that I ate grapes when I watched it. :lol:  

#57 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

I'm rooting for DreamMonster (last 3 -> Setsuna/ The Call / Satin Doll) to do the next single. Or the mysteriousTlexiA.
Jazzin' Park (Bambina/ Nouvelle/ Paradise) lost its mojo...

[edit #3.02] New single 'Ms. Frontier' release date is October 25th. So it's a Jazzin' Park song again (hmm).

Spoiler

#58 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

I have not been here in months. I will start this off by saying that Nouvelle Cuisine grew on me a lot as a song but I still dislike the PV. Satin Doll on the other hand is a great song that I am listening to often these days. Now the PV for Ms. Frontier is here and I feel a bit let down. The song is good, not great but good. But I do feel a bit let down. They have always had PVs that have been a bit weird but recently it feels like their budget keeps dropping. The last PV was all about the wine they were selling at their tour and now the stupid album cover for Limited A. I know that sexs sells and their concepts are why i like the group in the first place, but this feels like the wrong way to go about it. Hopefully the B-sides on the single will be good.  
predia-frontier-a.jpg?w=764

This was also released a while ago and it is quite nice. 

#59 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:22 PM

I don't mind them basically making the same MV over and over again (a combination of performance + a lot of sexual innuendo), as long as they put their budget towards great songs. But I just have the feeling these last songs by the Jazzin' Park guys (including this one) are made on autopilot, making use of an old recipe of how to make a catchy tune. 

Maybe 'Shade of you' shows a bit more ambition and can be the 'Satin Doll' of this release. Let's see who's the composer of that one.
[edit: it's Y.Shirato -> nice]
Because I read 'Close to you' is a 'cute song with a central role for acoustic guitar', so that doesn't sound like a typical Predia song to me.
[edit: yes, sounds like a cross between 'Tears Again' and 'Baby Kiss' -> ...]

#60 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Predia posted the entire HD registration of the 7th Anniversary Tour Final on their YouTube account.

They also announced their 2nd Major album called 'Fabulous' (how about that for raising expectations)
to be released on Feb 14th 2018.

It contains a total of 13 songs; the latest 3 singles, b-side Close to you + 9 new ones.

[edit] It must have been hard but they managed to come up with even more ridiculous cover artwork than last time! Congratulations to the fabulous super women Reiko and Akane, aka the Jokers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users