you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#62 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

Predia released a number of live songs in glorious HD, taken from their sold out tour final.

Cleopatra | 70's disco on steroids. A powerslave by the rivers of Babylon. All hail empress MaiMai!

Fabulous | Soothing verses followed by a rude awakening during the chorus and a catchy hook that brings back the proverbial calm before the next storm.

Suiyoubi no uso | This one has the trademark pulsating Predia beat and a great melody on top of that.

Super Women | 1-2-3-GO! banger of epic proportions, a crowdpleaser shamelessly bereft of all subtlety.

#63 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

Sorry I have not been here in a while. Wil be moving to South Korea in a month and I have been busy recently. Will update the first post once I have posted this. New single Curtain Call (8/22), covers and PV are up. I don't like the covers they have done for their last two singles. I wish I could see the group and they feel a bit tacky. I am not a big fan to Curtain Call either but hopefully the b-sides will be great. 

Tracklist:
A-side: Curtain Call (カーテンコール)
B-sides: WAKEARI
Re-Make

605px-Curtain_Call_type_A.jpg

605px-Curtain_Call_type_B.jpg

605px-Curtain_Call_type_C.jpg

#64 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

Since Passpo doesn't make any new music anymore their producer got heavily involved in Predia.
He composed/wrote lyrics for about half of the last album and also composed 2 songs for the new single, including Curtain Call.
Let's say it's quite different from their signature style.

Re-make is also composed by the same man, but is more kawaii like Baby Kiss / Close to you.

[15/8] WAKEARI is a song by the duo that brought us the last two a-sides; Nouvelle Cuisine and Ms.Frontier (and Paradise as well).

#65 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:33 AM

^ Didn't he always do that, as far as I know always wrote songs for all the Platinum Passport groups - he was never exclusive to PASSPO.

Checked, looks he composed about 8 songs for them and wrote lyrics for a few more.

https://ja.wikipedia...org/wiki/阿久津健太郎

#66 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

^ 11

Curtain Call 12.5K sold. Back to 5 figure sales, so the downward spiral is broken.
So it looks like the decision to go for something fresh turns out to be the right one. Not that Wakeari is bad, but it would have been more of the same.

Hopefully next will be a CD registration of the acoustic show.

[edit v2.0]
Next release: 'THE ONE' best of CD+DVD; 16 songs. Let's hope for anything interesting, not just a compilation of 16 previously released songs.
Release dec.19.

Please at least correct the epic failure of not making an MV for your biggest anthem. Let's see if the JP fans agree!
[edit v3.0] no! Close to you wins.

#67 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

Happy 8th anniversary!

To celebrate this milestone the entire tour final of their 2018 "Fabulous" tour has been published.
Now most of the recent songs are already on YT, except...

'Secret of Light' and 'Shadow Play'. Light and darkness.

Both are considered to be opposites but at the same time, one cannot exist without the other.
The power of light, and the power of darkness all combine to become a radiating light to illuminate the void, and they all gather together as THE ONE.

[edit 27 dec] Akina, Yuzuka, Reiko and Runa thank you very much and the best of luck with whatever your plans are for the future.

#68 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:50 PM

It was revealed today that four members will graduate at the tour final 2/2 in Tokyo Dome City Hall. 
Link to Predia's site
Graduating members are: Akina Okamura, Reiko Aoyama, Yuzuka Hayashi and Runa Matsumoto. 
After going to two of their events last week this is very sad news. Interesting that they are graduating after the Best Of album just like Terumi and Megumi did. I am hoping the concert will be uploaded on youtube after the event like they have done with recent tour finals. 

#69 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:07 PM

Last year when Predia released the MV for 'Curtain Call' I had some hope they were moving away from the cheap erotic stuff towards a more girl power direction. In hindsight, it turned out to be just an exception in a string of increasingly distasteful releases resulting in this all time low piece of sleaze.

I'm surprised they decided to take the voyeurism of 'Naked' even a step further.

I would think that eight years of singing your heart out, that lead to multiple performances of the national anthem at pro-baseball games, karaoke battles on national tv and numerous great performances all together would earn a person some respect.
But looking at the last two Predia MV's, the main impression that I get is that every idol just has to conform to the rules dictated by the Japanese idol industry.

Tldr; tiddies:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8-3qAKnqCCk

#70 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:55 AM

^ Predias whole concept was always to be a lot more sexy than other idols.

#71 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

Please have the decency to remove that personal insult. Thank you.

#72 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:31 PM

Let's not fight in the forums, guys.

Maybe Moklar should apologise so that we can... MAKE IT RIGHT XD

5XZhqGy.jpg

And yes, I'm enjoying this MV lol

#73 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

Joe, I'm sorry if you perceived that as a personal attack.

#74 Joe C

Joe C

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

It's cool man.

It's good we don't have to ask Mai to intervene because I see she already has her hands full at the moment.

#75 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 12:03 PM

Just discovered the group recently and i really like their songs. Tokyo Madonna and Glass Umbrella are my fav so far.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#76 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:26 PM

I haven't listened to Predia in a few years, I remember really enjoying listening to them a while ago. Then for some reason I just stopped.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users