• Please log in to reply
4126 replies to this topic

#41 Toffe

Toffe

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:16 PM

Hey, I strongly suggest you watch that concert (Live Revolution 21). It's really moving and Yuko is better than ever. I got a little surprised of how moving this graduation was. It made me like Yuko like never before. I think her graduation was more moving than Maki Goto's and that was surprising for me. I'm being honest here now... I cried at both those graduations, but Yuko's actually hurted the most :crying .
If you cried from that other clip, you will cry for weeks watching the Yuko graduation... ::P:

I so totally agree with every word Toffe! "Mr. T" :D Yuko's grad was super-sad... :crying :crying

Wee! Fun that you have seen it! :D As said it's great... It's strange really, that graduations can make you like an artist even more :unsure . Before I saw it I was quite neutral about Yuko, I mostly liked Mari, but that changed after that concert. Anyway I really hope that Tsunku uses his common sence (for once?) and gives Yuko a single in 2006. (And of course I uploaded one pic twice in the last post... ::D: Fixed now...)

And I agree with you Himalia too, it's great seeing many Yuko fans here! :o

Posted Image

#42 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

Ive really started to get into her older stuff now i never realised just how much solo stuff she had done.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#43 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:09 PM

Just reading through this topic im glad to see that im not the only one that gets upset by the endings in the graduation concerts in particular how moving Yukos one was.

#44 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:45 AM

Oh no, you definitely are not the only one. I cry during each and every single graduation. It might not always be the graduate leaving that gets me to shed tears, but just seeing all the other members crying is enough to have me bawling :crying :D
Posted Image
~ ikkaikiri no seishun ~ oh yeah! oh yeah! oh yeah! ~ dakara ii jan ~
Posted Image

#45 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:39 AM

Thats the worse part i dont like seeing any of them that upset.

#46 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:04 AM

Heres one of my fav pictures of Yuko from a PV its from Renai Revoloution 21. Do you have a fav video with Yuko in ? Im not talking about the song here just the video.

Posted Image

#47 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 11:51 AM

My favorite of her solo Pvs is definitely Junjou Koushinkyoku. I don't really know why, but I just never get tired of watching it. It's really beautiful ...

Posted Image

It's harder when it comes to Momusu PVs. I really love her in I Wish, because she looks really cute and happy ...

Posted Image

... but I also really love her in Summer Night Town, for a completely different reason, though.

Posted Image

Soooo sexy :blush
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

She always looks good but if we are only talkin PVs here then i would go with something like Karasu no Nyoubou. Its just Japanese girls look so good in Kimonos for some reason (as a rule) westerners dont i guess its down to there build.

Posted Image
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#49 tetsuhighrose

tetsuhighrose

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

I prefer Yuko brown hair color than yellow/golden,do you think Makoto follow her style? hehe.

#50 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:26 PM

I prefer Yuko brown hair color than yellow/golden,do you think Makoto follow her style? hehe.

I also prefer her with darker hair! There was a phase when she was just too blonde (Kuyashi namida porori).

I'm not sure about Makoto, but I've heard a lot of peple commenting on how Mako's haircolor seems to be influenced by Yaguchi and I guess Yuko definitely had some influence of Yaguchi's hair color back in the days, considering how close they were/are!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

She looks great no matter what she does with her hair she has the goods to be a fantastic model.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#52 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

I recently bough the Sayaka Ichii and Yuko Nakazawa Folk Days concert and i have to say im totally in love with it. Wonderful i cant give words to describe how good it is. A particular highlight to me was Yuko Nakazawa doing a live preformance of Furusato. I love that song and had only ever heard the audio of for me seeing it preformed made it so much more special.

#53 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

She looks great no matter what she does with her hair she has the goods to be a fantastic model.

So true. Even my mother, who's not into H!P at all, is always in complete awe when she sees Yuko. She says she's remarkably beautiful and she usually doesn't say such things! :o

Himalia, I envy you for that FS1 DVD. The only part I've seen of that concert is Koibito ga Santa Claus, which is now one of my favorite live performances.

I have FS3, though, and Yuko in hotpants :c16: and cowboy hat :c16: makes up for it being the only FS DVD I own :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:36 PM

The Folk songs 3 one is pretty good but i cant help but think that Folk days will always be my favourite. Certianly a combination you would not of thought of tho for folk songs 3. Ok Yuko Nakazawa but i didt think Miki Fujimoto and Maki Goto. Im assuming you picked up the dvd on the recent rereleases that were cut price ? Thats what i did.

BTW have you even heard the solo of Furusato by Yuko Nakazawa ?

#55 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

The Folk songs 3 one is pretty good but i cant help but think that Folk days will always be my favourite. Certianly a combination you would not of thought of tho for folk songs 3. Ok Yuko Nakazawa but i didt think Miki Fujimoto and Maki Goto. Im assuming you picked up the dvd on the recent rereleases that were cut price ? Thats what i did.

BTW have you even heard the solo of Furusato by Yuko Nakazawa ?

Actually, it was cheap on ebay :lol: That's where I got it! FS1 is also my favorite, by far, and I can't even say why. It's just such a great album!

You mean the Furusato from her second album? Or the live version?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:10 AM

Either version i guess.

#57 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:19 AM

I'm really fond of the version on her album because it's such a different Furusato. :c16:

All the other versions use the same original arrangement, which gets a bit boring!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 sfc1971

sfc1971

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

Well the good news is that Yuko has not disappeared, she was the MC for the christmas special so her disappearance before does not have to mean anything EXCEPT that she might just have been very busy with other stuff.

I think that after she left MM has become younger and younger wich has two problems. Young girls just don't have the personality to be intresting or funny and worse they are having to fight the older girls.

Just look at the christmas special, most of the old girls are there and they totally overshadow the newer members.

While it is great to see all our favorites again it also prevents the younger ones from growing and us from getting attached to them.

Yuko was/is an old lady for idol standards and in fact MM itself was a bit offbeat by idol standards. Sadly it seems that for some reason or another the later generations became younger and younger. 5th and later especially are kids basically. 4th at least had some reasonably strong personalities from the start.

I hope that the new year will see another talky like segment with Yuko. We just have to hope Yuko was to busy not that she has been written out.

#59 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

I think that after she left MM has become younger and younger wich has two problems. Young girls just don't have the personality to be intresting or funny and worse they are having to fight the older girls.

I don't think they have gotten younger. In the beginning there was a 12 year old, Asuka Fukuda. Second gen had 14 year old Sayaka Iichi. Goto was 13, Nono and Aibon were 12. After Yuko graduated no one was younger than 13 until the newest member Koharu.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with age. I think the main problem is the number of them. There is just not enough time per episode to focus on all members. Ai-chan has hardly gotten any attention on H!M for a very long time and she is one of the older ones. Erin created a huge fan base last year and she is one of the youngest.

Posted Image

#60 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:22 AM

I don't think they have gotten younger. In the beginning there was a 12 year old, Asuka Fukuda. Second gen had 14 year old Sayaka Iichi. Goto was 13, Nono and Aibon were 12. After Yuko graduated no one was younger than 13 until the newest member Koharu.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with age. I think the main problem is the number of them. There is just not enough time per episode to focus on all members. Ai-chan has hardly gotten any attention on H!M for a very long time and she is one of the older ones. Erin created a huge fan base last year and she is one of the youngest.

I think sfc1971 was not referring to the youngest member of each gen, who, as you pointed out, were of similar age in each gen. I think that the point was that there was no one older than 15 joined MM after the second gen.

I think that age has less to do with it than the concept of MM being idol training. Looking thru jpop, idols generally have a short shelf life ... Mainly because with these things, after the initial infatuation, it's easier to build negatives against them than positives ... Hence the general negative perception of H!P among some jpop fans.

Another problem is that UFA is a bit too activity oriented. As soon as a group is promoted, minimal time is spent on training, more on work. HP members seem to be some of the hardest working people in the idol / jpop biz. But because of that, additional training is less and you generally see less growth (musically / dancing / etc ) in the girls other than yogurth :lol:
Comprehensive 2006 Jdrama fansub index | 2007 Jdrama fansub index
HP Chinese FC Website guides: Free membership | Paid FC membership | shopping
Yes! You can join from pretty much anywhere in the world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users