Photo

Rare photos of Onna-bugeisha. Good history of female warriors.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:29 AM

I've had great experiences with Ebay sellers from Japan.  1 out of 3 have thrown in a bonus... I recently I spent WAY too much on a sealed double DVD of the 2006 H!P Sports Festival.  The guy threw in two brand new CD singles (C-ute & Berryz).  I don't really need them since singles don't have exclusive b-sides anymore, but it was still really cool and it took off some of the sting from the price I paid :P

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#22 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

$1.04 bid + $4.00 shipping = $5.04 purchase.  :king:

s-l500.jpg

#23 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

^ that's insanely cheap 0.0
Then again, singles aren't as valuable since they dropped b-side exclusivity in my opinion.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#24 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

You are so right.  Why buy CD's when DVD's are available?  I just wanted to see if I could actually buy a new release AAA side CD for $1.   I came close!  Maybe this seller was using the "Lost Leader" concept to boost overall sales.
What I like the most are "Dance Shot Version" DVD's.  I guess those are gone to never be seen again.  If ever there was a song that needed a Dance Shot Version, it was Jinsei wa STEP!

I sent him a message asking if buying from him would count on the Oricon Charts.  As in the products were delivered to his Japanese address, and then he re-sells to the public.  We'll see.

#25 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:19 PM

Dance shot DVDs are gone??  Are you sure?  My most recent one is Angerme's A Girl's Counterattack from 2015.  I agree though, I LOVE dance shot vids... its when you finally can see 'everything' and not be a slave to the camera edits.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#26 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

Hmmmm.  Okay.  Where there any dance shots out with °C-ute's latest release?

#27 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:28 PM

I don't know, I haven't been following C-ute lately simply because with them I can always count on ALBUMS, so I just wait until their next album, then next MV clip Blu ray compilation. It's much more economical. Hence why I'm still posting stuff about their past and not focused on what Airi said yesterday or leaked out info on the forthcoming single, etc.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#28 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Triple A sides don't get danceshots. Your last ANGERME purchase was a double A side.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#29 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:14 AM

^ That is good to know Juandaoyn.   :respect:   I am still a little confused about Dance Shot versions.  Are there are and fast rules for dance shots?  Like, do all A & AA releases get dance shots?

Buying from this guy will not count on Oricon Charts. http://www.ebay.com/...e,ext=ext,bu=bu

#30 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

^ ah, yes - I've bought from dora_ts17 in the past... the one who threw in the bonus for me recently was iluvhelloproject.  I've shoped via that Ebay seller frequently as well.

And since this thread has gone on a major tangent... enjoy this entire page dedicated to your quest:

https://www.pinteres...75660894574317/

"Cute, sassy, and holding a sword. What more do you want?"

b37daa7e105158455f7035ca1afa6b97.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#31 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

^ ah, yes - I've bought from dora_ts17 in the past... the one who threw in the bonus for me recently was iluvhelloproject.  I've shoped via that Ebay seller frequently as well.

And since this thread has gone on a major tangent... enjoy this entire page dedicated to your quest:

https://www.pinteres...75660894574317/

"Cute, sassy, and holding a sword. What more do you want?"

b37daa7e105158455f7035ca1afa6b97.jpg

Well, it is my discussion topic thread, and it's basically just you and me, so I didn't see the harm in going off topic as long as the conversation was a good one.   :good: 

Thank you for the photo page of Samurai wielding cuties!

Photographers love to put people into some really bizarre forms and poses when they take pictures of sword-fighters.  Most are pure fantasy and real swordsmen would lop their arms and legs off.

#32 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

something new from Gaki's twitter

tumblr_o7f5v6JikE1rzhx51o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7f5v6JikE1rzhx51o2_1280.jpg

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#33 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:02 PM

That almost looks like Meimi Tamura. Who is Gaki?

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#34 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

That almost looks like Meimi Tamura. Who is Gaki?

Niigaki Risa  ^^;

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#35 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Not familiar with her, but thanks

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#36 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the photos Kecham!!

Niigakai Risa is a 5th gen member of Morning Musume.  She was 12 when she joined.  She was so tiny all the older girls nick-named her "Bean".  Gaki-san went on to be one of MM's lead singers, and finally the head of the Hello! Project.  She graduated and now is very busy in Japanese theater.

http://helloproject....ki/Niigaki_Risa

Being able to play fight with two swords on stage, and make it look real, takes lots of practice!!!  I never even attempted it.

One time my son's karate senpai had his practice (NON-edged) samurai swords out and invited me to show him what I knew.  I was just working up a storm and having a blast when I accidentally clipped my right ear.   *sigh*  Good thing it was non-edged! XD XD XD

#37 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

I don't know if anyone has posted clips from the girls' sword play from Kaikyoku 15 Shuunen Tokubetsu Kikaku COOL JAPAN ~DOU~ but I finally got the DVD and boy was I surprised.

I thought it was going to be like a DVD magazine where they just slowly follow an instructor step by step.  By the clips you'll see why I was surprised.  I just grabbed a few short highlights to give anyone interested an idea.

I also posted this in the C-ute thread but figured it was quite relevant to share here.  If you don't want anything spoiled then just don't hit play.

First a demonstration of how Maimi's samurai skills were the best!

I think Naki gets 2nd place!

Here's an exercise/dance routine...

A few more clips or on my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube....OFtOUIQlTCEpJuw

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#38 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

I have watched all of them 3 - 4 times.  Great stuff!!!  :respect:

#39 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

I'm so glad to hear it was appreciated (=

Here's a segment of them discussing the Habaki (blade collar) and later the Mekugi (bamboo pin) that I'm hoping to get translated and then I'll add subs, but for now I'll post it anyway... some great funny moments with Saki, plus near the end Mai decides to hold the sword by the blade lol.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#40 Sey255

Sey255

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users