3 replies to this topic

#1 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:19 PM

Synopsis

In AD 2067, human and Zentradi were colonized over an half of the galaxy and over 400 planets and made contact with various alien races. However, a mysterious sickness "Vars Syndrome" is spreading across the galaxy. It causes people lose their sanity and creating destruction on every planet

Five girls form the "Tactical Music Unit" Walküre, the first major songstress group in the Macross anime franchise.  The Walküre group battles the Var Syndrome that is consuming the galaxy, and there is also the mysterious Aerial Knights Valkyrie fighter team of the Kingdom of Wind.

Source

-------------------------------------

Macross has always been an idol-y franchise but it's so so idoly this time. I haven't started a new anime for some time now, and I admit I wasn't as hooked with the first episode until they sing the last song, and Freyja's involvement. Ikenai Borderline is really cool. I also like the idol girls saving everyone while singing (former Mermaid Melody PPP fan) but those weird holograms dancing were so off. The CG battles were horrible. 

As for the characters, I thought I'd like Freyja since I liked Ranka the most last time in Frontier, but she's a bit too much. I do hope she ends up with Hayate, no matter who the other girl is, for reasons. I kinda dislike the heart thing she has in her hair, as far as the design goes, but super curious about what that heart anthena actually is. Mikumo and Kaname are the ones that caught my eye as interesting characters, and I like Hayate's design, I hated Alto's. Also why is Mikumo the only one with gorgeous magical hair while the other stay ordinary even when transforming. 

Anyway, I love love triangles and idol songs, so even if I do have some meh reactions about the first episode, since I adore Macross Frontier I want to watch this til the end. I expect so many songs considering how many singers they are this time, and all seem to have such good voices. 

so good <3

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#2 The-OtakH!P

The-OtakH!P

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

I loved everything from this serie it was far better than Frontier in my opinion, also in 2018 we are getting a new Macross project can't wait to see what we will got  :good:

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

1498590307-kaedysignaturebanner.png

<3 KAGA IS LOVE ! KAEDY IS LIFE - The-OtakH!P  <3 

#3 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:45 AM

I think Frontier had a more decent plot, while Delta was all over the place. Some of the secondary characters in Frontier were developed better. But I like Delta way more anyway lol especially the characters. The final was resolved too easily. And the final couple <3 that made the series worth it to me, they had an amazing development together.

Didn't know about the new Macross project! I'll investigate. I want more songs!

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#4 The-OtakH!P

The-OtakH!P

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:58 PM

Speaking of Macross Delta I was searching if there were torrent or video uplaod of the real life concert of Walkure performed with the Voice Actress themselves ?

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

1498590307-kaedysignaturebanner.png

<3 KAGA IS LOVE ! KAEDY IS LIFE - The-OtakH!P  <3 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users