29 replies to this topic

#21 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

Juri Matsu<3, 

Akimoto isn't wasting any money at all. He is getting paid for official usage of his current idol concept, the 48 groups. For there to be a foreign 48 group in the first place, it has to be accepted by AKS etc., and its standards must adhere to Akimoto's concept and philosophy. The only thing he may be wasting, is time and energy, as he will necessarily have to be involved somehow, and I honestly don't care at all about any of the foreign 48 groups, and think he should instead be spending time and energy on the Japanese 48 groups, and here there's just too much to mention. So yeah, he makes money on this.

#22 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

I wonder how much he makes off of SNH, since they pretty much do their own thing.

Makes me wonder if he makes more from JKT than SNH. Hmmm.

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#23 Juri Matsu<3

Juri Matsu<3

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:07 AM

Juri Matsu<3, 

Akimoto isn't wasting any money at all. He is getting paid for official usage of his current idol concept, the 48 groups. For there to be a foreign 48 group in the first place, it has to be accepted by AKS etc., and its standards must adhere to Akimoto's concept and philosophy. The only thing he may be wasting, is time and energy, as he will necessarily have to be involved somehow, and I honestly don't care at all about any of the foreign 48 groups, and think he should instead be spending time and energy on the Japanese 48 groups, and here there's just too much to mention. So yeah, he makes money on this.

There. I misunderstood. Thanks for the correction Krusha! :D

#24 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

It seems people aren't as excited about MNL48 as I am...

This is slightly off topic but how successful are SNH48 and JKT48?

From my observation since I am living in those countries. SNH seems getting there especially nowadays. JKT has been successful for a while.

I think they do the research on the (48G) fan base before decide where to go. Perhaps from the visit to their sites.

#25 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

I wish there could be a 48 group in my country...

Do you think Nogizaka46 will ever get an overseas sister group?

How about multiple sister groups per country (other than japan of course)?

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#26 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

Where are you from?

Perhaps if there is good fanbase, 48G sister could be spawned.

Yes, SNH will have BEJ (Beijing) and GNZ (guangzhou) expansion.

JKT been rumoured but nothing solid.

#27 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

Where are you from?

Perhaps if there is good fanbase, 48G sister could be spawned.

Yes, SNH will have BEJ (Beijing) and GNZ (gangzhou?) expansion.

JKT been rumoured but nothing solid.

I'm from Britain so it's pretty unlikely (Maybe in the distant future...)

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#28 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

Britain... good base but like US I think it won't work since westerners are very individual people and big ego (I said it before). I think you remember the Spice Girls. Worked at the beginning then felt apart.

#29 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

I think the Japanese idol concept is better fitting to Asian countries rather than American/European, etc. Too large a difference culture-wise.

#30 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

I think it could work in my country (and maybe other western countries too but I can't really speak for them) with a few tweaks

1. No members under the age of 16 - to avoid any pedophilia comments

2. All the front members should be vocally talented - I don't think British people would be able to accept a group with many vocally untalented members

3. If they had an ABK style variety show I can see them crushing it in Britain (British TV is really boring, we'll literally watch anything)

4. I think an origional member count of about 20 would be managable (as long as they have a TV show so fans can get to know them) but any more than that might cause problems. I could see the number increasing over time as people get used to the concept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users