Ced8HhBW4AAu-Vl.jpg

Ced8XeIWEAAvupy.jpg

Ced8pJhXIAAbX-R.jpg

TPE48 = Taipei, Taiwan

BNK48 = Bangkok, Thailand

MNL48 = Manila, The Phillipines

Article about the news

http://natalie.mu/music/news/181201

Not sure if there's more news to it than this, so please fill in anything I don't know.

creator of j-pop line distribution channel jpopheaven

#2 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

It was announced at the Takamina concert last night.

TPE was old news, hopeful it is a reality now. MNL been rumoured few months ago with the development of the theater complex.

#3 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

I'm so glad MNL48 is becoming a thing, I love fillipino music!

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#4 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:01 AM

Apparently Akimoto mentioned on his 755 that he didn't know about all this until the morning of the 26th.

http://akb48-daily.b...ml#.VvcwfuYfhRo

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#5 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:31 AM

This empire just keeps getting bigger. I wonder if we'll see any girls from the Japan based groups get transferred to any of these. If they do I would hope the girl(s) fare as well as Nakagawa Haruka did after her transfer to JKT48.

#6 Ian905

Ian905

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:37 AM

Woot!! So hyped for this!! Hopefully they don't end up just doing covers like JKT48 has been doing.

Fan of the 48 Family, Linda III Sei, Tokyo Performance Doll, THE Possible, and Seifuku Kojo Iinkai.

My last.fm

#7 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

^ side track .. eh .. my fav ICM .. Reirei .. I wonder what happen to her ..

back on track ..
My thoughts is Taipei has the most chance of success, follow by Bangkok then Manila ..
For me .. I came from a culture that my first idols are all from Taiwan .. that is where the hub for MandoPop is at ..
The Taiwan pop culture and language accent is different from that of China even if all are Chinese and it kind of follow more of a Japanese Kawaii culture .. so its more appealing to me ..
So I may go for it .. its half the journey compare to Japan..

Can I throw the first speculation in ..
Maybe Miyuki is going Taipei? since like she has been throwing in ideas that she will not be in NMB48 in time ..
I actually hope she go there .. it would be a Taiwan wota massacre .. XD

Bangkok would be nice to go for as it is a short trip over and many people in my country love going to Thailand as a short holiday ..
Just that the country's political instability is always the worry ..

For Manila .. I know nuts so I wouldn't comment ..
So any fans from the Philippines can tell me if they think it would work? :)

#8 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

Anyone think an NYC48 or LAG48 will be formed in the near future?

Posted Image

#9 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

^ well .. its up to your own understanding of your own culture if you are from there ..
Like I do not think that it would work in my country .. even though in 2010 Aki-P did announce that idea and other countries in my region.. but basically I think only JKT48 happened ..
Its because (1) My country market is too small that's why AKB48 theater, Cafe and shop fail in my country (2) people in my country does not really have the culture to go for regular live shows basically we are rich but cheapo when it comes to this stuff (3)Going gaga over young girls is unacceptable in my country and I think the girls in my country don't like the idea of grown men going nuts for them and no parent will allow their daughter to do this job ... so ...
sorry its culture ..

#10 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

^ well .. its up to your own understanding of your own culture if you are from there ..
Like I do not think that it would work in my country .. even though in 2010 Aki-P did announce that idea and other countries in my region.. but basically I think only JKT48 happened ..
Its because (1) My country market is too small that's why AKB48 theater, Cafe and shop fail in my country (2) people in my country does not really have the culture to go for regular live shows basically we are rich but cheapo when it comes to this stuff (3)Going gaga over young girls is unacceptable in my country and I think the girls in my country don't like the idea of grown men going nuts for them and no parent will allow their daughter to do this job ... so ...
sorry its culture ..

That's what I think too. Also, Japan is much more of a collectivist society than America's individualist one, so a group with more than eight members would be ineffective. Too many members to keep up with. America would focus much more on the music and if the group just did covers it wouldn't take off because, let's face it, bubblegum pop isn't in right now. Idol groups are different than performing groups, and with so many amazingly talented performers barely selling, an American AKB would be laughed at because everyone wouldn't be polished starlets. Revamping the group would help, but then it would just be a girl band. And younger aged girls would freak people out.

But as a short-lived gimmick, maybe...

Posted Image

#11 Juri Matsu<3

Juri Matsu<3

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:52 PM

I can't wait for MNL48 to be formed, but will they do Filipino or English songs? Will they do both? @_@

#12 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

^

Maybe do like JKT and have one main song that is done in English?

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#13 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

JKT has additional track in English for sometimes now. I lose count, 4-5 singles.

>
In US, I don't think the concept will work. Too much ego, independent individual people and with that many persons in the group it will be confict all over.

#14 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:12 AM

For Manila .. I know nuts so I wouldn't comment ..
So any fans from the Philippines can tell me if they think it would work? :)

Obviously I'm here to answer that question.

@Matt, why'd you forget MNL48?

Some guys in 2ch were jokingly saying Tano should be in MNL48.

This'll be a long post so please bear with me.

Spoiler

#15 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:57 AM

^ .. thanks.. :D
I am kind of waiting for your respond .. :)
I could relate to the singing part as many Philippines international singers are well-known for their abilities and have hit western market like USA for years.. :)

#16 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:00 AM

^^ Part of the reason why they go there is because there's not much to be had here.

#17 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:33 AM

Anyone think an NYC48 or LAG48 will be formed in the near future?

One of the dudes from NSYNC formed what is by American standards a very large group and they've gone absolutely nowhere:
http://www.girlradical.com/home.html

So, no. Plus any girl worth her salt won't join a group like this in the US.

#18 arden

arden

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:43 AM

im from Manila, and i could say, this wont work here. but im very excited for this. if i am wrong and MNL48 would do great, they could change the long stagnant type of filipino music which is full of Ballads and Alternative Rock.

#19 Juri Matsu<3

Juri Matsu<3

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:36 AM

im from Manila, and i could say, this wont work here. but im very excited for this. if i am wrong and MNL48 would do great, they could change the long stagnant type of filipino music which is full of Ballads and Alternative Rock.

I agree with you but I'm leaning more on the "it will work here" side. I've made some of my friends here in the Philippines who are into k-pop or who aren't really familiar with j-pop listen to some AKB songs and they ended up to be more obsessed with AKB than I am(lol).

I think the "it'll work part" will heavily depend on the publicity they'll be doing for the girls. If they aren't properly publicized, Akimoto-san will waste money on MNL48.

#20 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

It seems people aren't as excited about MNL48 as I am...

This is slightly off topic but how successful are SNH48 and JKT48?

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users