293 replies to this topic

#161 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

This is gonna be a long one folks, so grab some tea or something lol

As angry as I am about Kanji not performing at the Budokan, It's impossible for me to see this as a 100% management decision this time, rather than the girls influence. I know there are girls like Uemura, Yuipon and Zuumin who have voiced their want to change kanji so it's not "techi and friends" and have confidence in performing without her, and there are a lot of members who have voiced their wish to perform with everyone. Since the Budokan is a special venue the girls may have wanted to do it as 21 or not at all. It's only a theory, but it seems likely given the attitude of the group. Let's remember that Techi has missed a performance before last year, and Kanji were only performing for one day at the Budokan, so this would be no different to that time except this time, they can prepare for it. That's why I find it hard to believe that techi's absence will make management completely pull Kanji out of the 3-day live. On the other hand, I recall the last concert (I think it was Zenkoku?) which was prepared 1-2 months prior. The concert was very theatrical, and was based as a story with techi as the center of that story (also confirming that the singles were all linked together, being built from Saimajo, focusing on techi's story until Kaze ni, where they hint a supposedly new center for the next single). If techi wasn't present, it would be very difficult to pull off..pretty much impossible. If this concert was anything similar to that, it also would have been very difficult to continue without her. A very weird analogy, but i sometimes compare Keyaki to Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is a franchise that has 15 titles, all holding different stories and sub-stories. FFI's story is different to FFII, FFIII as so on. Keyaki is the same, we're focused on Techi's story right now, in the "next chapter" we might focus on Neru's or Zuumin's story which has been built on since debut, or Uemura or Yuipons stories that are so unknown it puts all cards on the table in terms of keyaki's style change. 

At the same time, a lot has to be said about the way they have promoted the group thus far. Rotating every member's position for 5 consecutive singles except Techi only widened the gap between her and the group. The only way to possibly fix that "gap" would be to change center. I can compare it to Nogi where during the first 5 singles, we had Ikoma at center, but their fukujin was quite solid as well, so when the center changed it wasn't a huge deal. Up until now, even on the performances Techi is absent from, they never "replace" her position, so it's like an empty void or a double center by whoever was beside or behind her, never a "official" center. The groups motto of "humility, kindness, bonds" has made them take an approach of "no one can be replaced" as seen when they didn't sub Zuumin. In a way, both the groups ambition to stay in a 21-formation, and managements poor handling of these situations, has caused this problem that seems almost in-repairable. If they get a new center and the song doesn't do well, they lose momentum. If they mix kanji and gana's, fans and members might get angry and sales will go down. If they have a double center, the essence of a center is destroyed. If they give Gana's their own A-side, it wont do well. There are so many disadvantages that it seems like mangement doesn't want to risk it, and when the group is constantly on the rise, why should they? 

Lets be honest, Keyakizaka46 right now, is Kanji. Hiragana's have been put on the back burner since the group was formed, and only grew popular when Neru herself became popular. She became so popular that SHE became Hiragana, so they just moved her to Kanji where she always belonged. Hiragana members are amazing and have been given lots of cool things like a new Drama and features on Keyakitte, along with their own one man live which they did very well, but it's never been on the level of Kanji who have been in the spotlight since debut. If they're serious about being a separate group, giving them the opportunity to have a 3day live at such a prestigious venue is a great way to asses their popularity. If they can sell out in less than a month, and hold an amazing performance, I think management will be confident in finally pushing them to do an A-side (be it a double a-side, a senbatsu, or a completely different single) which would further push the group. This leaves me excited to see the performances despite the exclusion of Kanji. 

I'm mostly worried about the members, Hiragana must be feeling the burden of performing 3 days on their own, knowing their history of being in the shadows depends on this concert, but also sorry for the Kanji's who have essentially "handed the budokan concerts to them on a plate". The Kanji members must feel frustrated and lost, maybe even useless or helpless that they can perform on their own. Techi especially will be feeling the brunt of it all as the report made it seem like the cancellation was because of her injury (bad wording from management tbh, 0/10 for effort). Physical injuries will heal, but it will effect her mentally. She's still only 16 years old. 

From a business standpoint, I can see why the decision was made. As a fan, I can understand why fans don't like this idea. Personally, in all honestly I wasn't too thrilled to see them announce a budokan so shortly after the kouhaku incident, and I was worried for the girls and their health. Rehearsals for concerts can take a lot out of them, and we've seen how much the kanji's push themselves, so I feared they wouldn't properly give themselves the rest they needed. Essentially, they have the next two weeks off, and it gives Hiragana's a chance to shine and prove to us that they're on the same level as Kanji and should be treated as such. So i'm neither happy or sad. Excited? Maybe. Looking forward to what else the group throws at us this year lol ^^;

I hope Kanji can be Techi's lightning rod, and I wish for Hiragana's to be Kanji's too, even if only for the 3 days. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#162 Naru-chan

Naru-chan

Buono!-wota ♥ Fukuhime-lover ♥ Risachan-oshi ♥

• Validating
  • 918 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

^

That's a nice, long post. :D But it made me see things from a slightly different perspective. Also, the singles make a story thing is quite interesting, but I can totally see it! Now I'm seriously hoping for a new center, because adding this Kaze ni hint to the story... well, it would be epic to me. :D

Also, reading Stage48, somebody jokingly said Katakana Keyaki should come and save the day. These fanarts are hilarious. XD

https://imgur.com/jdtCno7

https://imgur.com/faeAr7c

(Also, is the girl Zuumin? It looks like her, but I don't understand the reference yet.)

Buono! = Forever the elite unit of the kingdom idol
buono.jpg
MM: 譜久村聖
, 森戸知沙希, 石田亜佑美, 横山玲奈, 加賀楓, 小田さくら, 野中美希  A: 上國料萌衣 川村文乃,  竹内朱莉
J=J: 段原瑠々, 稲場愛香, 金澤朋子,  井上玲音 TF: 谷本安美, 新沼希空, 小野田紗栞, 小野瑞歩 B: 西田汐里, 里吉うたの
OG: 夏焼, 島村嬉唄, 田村芽実, 鈴木愛理, 矢島舞美, 嗣永桃子, 工藤遥, 飯窪春菜, 梁川奈々美, 宮崎由加, 和田彩花, 山木梨沙, 小関舞, 室田瑞希, 広瀬彩海, 浜浦彩乃, 船木

#163 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

All this drama around Keyaki is frustating... I would feel so angry if Techi is center for the next 190292 singles, I mean, I LOVE Techi but if they continue push her so hard she probably gonna be so exhausted (more) and she could decided to graduate early. With this said, I understand the fears of so many fans about the "if Keya change center the sales will down!", It's a risk, of course, but that's why it should not be taken? I want a new center, there are girls that, ok, maybe don't have the level of Te, but man, stop to seeing her almost someone unattainable! I'm very very very sure that if the management give the chance to another girl she will do it a great job.

I am a mess right now T_T 

(Also, is the girl Zuumin? It looks like her, but I don't understand the reference yet.)

I wonder the same  ^^;

MM- Ogata/10ki. Angerme- Kamiko. J=J- Ruru. Kobushi- MinaMina. Tsubaki- Risamaru. 

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#164 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

You know, I don't want to be mean but I'll say it:

KEYAKIZAKA IS A MESS!

A completely mess right now, at least the kanji team, and tbh I was getting a bit bored of them last year because, even tough the 2017 songs weren't bad at all, the songs from last year were the same thing (Yurina and friends) and as somebody who became a fan of Nogi, I really want to see some variation, I thought that letting all the members being in 1st row would be a good move and  even better than the Fukujin system Nogi has, at least with Futari Saison I got that feel. But after the 3rd single all became around Yurina, I tehy all really became back up dancers and even if a member gets to be next to Yurina in the formation, she'd be like an back up dancer. I'm against the idea of having the same center for first 5 singles, but I nedd to see there are more prominent members than just the center, like Nogi with its Fukujin system, I still can't believe that system really worked well and now they have many prominent members (like near half of the whole group). Now with the news of Kanji being out of the Budokan concert and being replaced with Hiraganas has PROS and CONS.

PROS: The Hiraganas can promote more and gain new fans and even to get part of the senbatsu for the next single. (BTW, I've see many people discussing if Hiraganas are a sister group or Unders, I think they are for Keyakizaka as Team 8 is for AKB, being a team inside another group but getting treated as if they were a sister group and getting its own singles, so eventually some of the Hiraganas would get into senbatsu).

CONS: We'll see many members graduating. What's the point of having a hit song if people don't recognize you as part of the ones behind it? I'm really anticipating somebody announcing graduation, specially if for the next single Yurina gets another solo center.

I can't help but feeling pity for Keyaki members.

Morning Musume'19

#165 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

As a crazy CRAZY fan of Techi don't want a "Techi and friens" (How I hate this concept XD), and at the same time, I doubt as up to what point is true. If Techi really overshadow all members, why are Berisa, Pe, Neru, Zumiko, Yuipon so popular? I don't like Nogi system but that is a thing that I can't control if staff suddenly decide to create a mixed senbatsu, 

Also Techi don't decide to be center every single, you know (gosh, you just need to see her face every time that her name comes along with "center" in the senbatsu announcements).

I apologize beforehand.

MM- Ogata/10ki. Angerme- Kamiko. J=J- Ruru. Kobushi- MinaMina. Tsubaki- Risamaru. 

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#166 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

I feel like a lot of people believe it's the staff behind keyaki who are making this decision based of the idea of "techi and the backup dancers" but it's clearly, once again, not the case...

http://www.keyakizak...=0000&cd=member

Sato Shiori has said in her blog post that all the members came together with staff and decided on this themselves, it wasn't purely management's decision. They want to perform at the budokan as 21 members (they probably would have been 19 if zuumin fell ill again, even lower if another member became sick). 

EDIT: Uemura also wrote on her mobame that the members and staff discussed a 20 member formation but decided against it. 

As I predicted, Kindness, Humility, and Bonds has been the reason for Kanji cancellation. Their desire to stay as 21 forever is starting to show many problems (the first being the hiragana situation). I love the idea of them wanting to perform at such a special venue with all members, however there is a limit to how much you can uphold those efforts, especially as an idol group. 

Both Techi and Yuuka also made formal apologies for the situation. Techi pretty much confirmed on her radio show that the injury was due to the first fukyouwaon performance which caused the "hyperventilation" during the second performance (it was just techi trying to bare the pain, probably causing nausea which made her waddle around the stage trying and failing to dance..). I'm going to assume they either hoped it would heal in time for the show, or she aggravated the injury while rehearsing. 

#167 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

6th singleeeeeeeee!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

DUt9S68VAAEI3Up.jpg

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#168 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

ahh, the dreaded moment is here lol, i'll make a thread for it. 

i really hope this year works out will for them whelp.

#169 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

All Kouhaku-Budokan mess made me tired v_v 

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#170 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:42 AM

^literally lol. i had to take a break from them for a while (gave me time to get to know NMB's 5th gen and Nogi's 3rd gen more lol). it was only like 2 weeks but it was a good time off from all the drama lmao 

#171 Colours

Colours

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Hiragana are getting their own album! Release TBD. 

ki4pRBA.jpg

Set by Snipey

#172 Naru-chan

Naru-chan

• Validating
  • 918 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

6th singleeeeeeeee!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

OMG YASS. I can't wait to see the senbatsu. *hoping for Habu not being in the 3rd row again* :ph34r: Also can't wait to hear the songs. :) What's the process usually? I never experienced a Keyaki release myself. Is it similar to H!P like we get event rips and radio previews?

Hiragana are getting their own album! Release TBD. 

Well deserved, Hiragana-chans! <3 Congrats! :gitaa: (I was hoping for this since I saw that some other groups's Unders got their own album earlier.)

buono.jpg
OG: 夏焼, 島村嬉唄, 田村芽実, 鈴木愛理, 矢島舞美, 嗣永桃子, 工藤遥, 飯窪春菜, 梁川奈々美, 宮崎由加, 和田彩花, 山木梨沙, 小関舞, 室田瑞希, 広瀬彩海, 浜浦彩乃, 船木

#173 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

Keyaki will be holding a 3-day live concert to celebrate their 2nd year debut anniversary!

DXXpc-1VAAA-rAn.jpg

It will run from April 6th-8th. It's not said whether this will be a full 3-day kanji affair, or if hiragana members will be present. More info here (japanese) > http://www.keyakizak...E00202?ima=0000

Profiles have been updated 

400_320_102400.jpg 400_320_102400.jpg 400_320_102400.jpg  400_320_102400.jpg

i did a very quick pic spam on some keyaki member threads, all kanji, so next time i'll focus on hiragana members (still no 2rd gen hiragana threads welp)

#174 Naru-chan

Naru-chan

• Validating
  • 918 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

^

I really hope we'll get to see the concert somehow. ^_^

The profile pictures are great! Kanji-chans are very cool, though I can't get over Habu's hairstyle. ^^" Somehow I don't like the styling in this particular photo. But I hope she's happy with it, that's more important. ^_^ Mona's blonde is still stunning! :o Hiragana-chans, to me, look like they're from AKB. (Well, same agency, after all. x'D) This outfit is very cute. <3 Kumi's haircut made her gorgeous! The 2nd gen girls are still all so beautiful! :o And yay for Hiyorin, she's adorable. <3

buono.jpg

#175 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Keyaki website just confirmed that Hiragana Keyaki will not be present in the 2nd year anniversary lives, it will be Kanji 3-day live only. 

Also, due to "conflicting schedules", Hirate Yurina will not be present either, so it will be 20-nin. 

Pretty much confirms that they couldn't do the budokan because they had no time to re-choreograph the kanji concerts in the even of their center being absent, but they have since prepared for that scenario (as seen with garasu wo ware's first performance with yuichanzu center) and can now perform their songs without a center (or with a replacement). Also confirms my previous theory that the budokan 3-day live concerts would have been similar to the zenkoku concert where techi played the protagonist to the story (with the songs being linked as if it was telling her story....pls release on dvd lol). My honest thoughts? i'm devastated we wont see a 21-nin concert, and even more devastated that Hiragana's can't be present for THEIR OWN GROUPS 2nd year anniversary concert. it's sad lol.

If they want to make Hiragana's a complete parallel to Kanji, give them their own singles and let them celebrate their anniversary on hiragana's debut with a 3-day live.

If they want to take techi out of every event keyaki is present in this year, just make her go on an official hiatus. Since her situation seems to be similar to Paruru's (where she didn't show up to performances of handshake sales, but was able to attend press conferences or radio shows, i.e things that don't take a toll on you physically), i would rather they just say this is the case for techi, a lot more fans would be more accepting if they did so, rather than leaving us in the dark on her condition just as they did with zuumin. 

ugh, whatever. 

#176 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:41 AM

Keyaki members for Non-no! 

DYX4zRvU8AADnfi.jpg

spot the fake member!  :ph34r:

Spoiler

#177 Naru-chan

Naru-chan

• Validating
  • 918 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

^

I was thinking for a while, who the middle girl is (before reading the text). Even though I SAW that Keyakake episode. ^^;

buono.jpg

#178 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

Hiraganas got their own show  :gitaa: Congrats!

DYldIRqVoAEmsDY.jpg

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#179 Naru-chan

Naru-chan

• Validating
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

^

I can't express how happy I am now! <3 Keyakake got me into Kanji, this will get me more into Hiragana. Happiness~

buono.jpg

#180 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

I'm delighted too! Their version of keyakitte will air right after kanji's, so we basically get an hour of keyaki goodness! Nice to see them get keyabingo4 too, but i feel like, if we're separating the groups so much (separate albums, separate concerts, and now separate tv shows) we should at lease have one show where we see them together, so from keyabingo5 i would like to see it be a mixture of kanji and gana members ^^;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users