• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#221 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

Is it common for girls to graduate immediately by surprise like this? Or is there something happening behind the scenes?

#222 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

i'm so upset rn... techi's my oshi :( i can't believe management pushed her so much, this is what they get for putting all of their eggs in one basket and paying the other members dust. ugh, i don't even know if i can continue to follow keyaki after this, what management did to techi and the group is just so unbelievable. ugh

#223 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

For those who aren't aware, there is never really a 'surprising' graduation from Keyaki. All but one (Yone) have gone on some sort of hiatus or had something happen before they announced their graduation, so the announcements aren't surprising. Quick rundown. 

Imaizumi Yui - went on hiatus twice due to physical health > went MIA for months > announced grad as usual

Shida Manaka - went on hiatus > mini dating scandal > went MIA for months > grad effective immediately 

Kageyama Yuka - went on hiatus (now part of Hinatazaka, but she's still not active) 

Yonetani Nanami - announced grad as usual 

Nagahama Neru - went AWOL for months > announced grad as usual 

Oda Nana - mini dating scandal > went MIA for months (pulled out of tokyo dome) > grad effective immediately

Suzumoto Miyu - went AWOL for months (except tokyo dome) > grad effective immediately

Hirate Yurina - went on ongoing 'hiatus' > active again > withdrew

Sato Shiori - went on hiatus 

The only person who has gone on hiatus and returned was Harada Aoi. 

Which is why most fans just accept, if their oshimen goes awol/mia or takes a hiatus, the chances of them coming back is slim to none. Which is why Techi's withdrawal may be surprising, despite all the issue's she's faced, one because it seemed as if things were looking up with the senbatsu change and revolving centers for performances, and two because she was made center of an unreleased single, and was participating in all events (which is rare for her) and doing solo activities as recent as yesterday. But when you consider everything she's been through, I'm not surprised she decided to withdraw. Just upset its come to this. 

In terms of the difference between a graduation and withdrawal in Keyakizaka, there isn't much of a difference, as Keyaki don't do the whole last live appearance thing like Nogi does. The most they get is a final HS date, and part of an episode of Keyakitte Kakanei dedicated to their graduation, but that's it. However, only the girls who formally announced their graduation have received this (so Zuumin, Yone and Neru). The girls who 'graduated from today' don't receive this treatment, they just leave with a blog post and that's it. This is why fans are confused as to why they used 'Withdrawal' instead of Graduated for Techi, since she'll probably receive the same treatment as OdaMon. Some translations have said it was her choice to word it that way but i can't confirm it. 

For anyone interested, @toomuchidea on twitter has translated all of their blog posts/comments on the situation, including techi's SOL appearance. 

To answer the 'behind the scenes' question, Seed & Flower (management) fucked up greatly over the course of 2018/19 and instead of trying to fix the issues, they ignored them while focusing on Hinata's growth instead, pushing back singles, not announcing anything (or announcing things late/after it happens), making the girls literally beg fans to continue supporting them, made Mon lose her passion (as said in her blog), made Shiichan look at another path (studying abroad), forced Oda to leave because they weren't willing to bring her back, and made Techi finally give them the finger lol. I can explain more if needed.

If we want to look at the bright side, I guess we can say; 

- Finally techi can rest 

- Mon can find a new passion elsewhere 

- Shiichan is pursuing her passion and may return 

- The group will be forced to have a new center and change their system 

- The group can finally progress with 9th single and pushing 2nd gen 

For me personally, Mon, Techi and Shiichan are my top 3, so this sucks :) 

But i'll keep supporting them, I just won't update as often or until 9th gets released.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#224 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:10 PM

Can I ask why you think Mon said that? Was she overworked or was she given nothing on stage? (I read the blog but idk)

Reading this & considering Kohaku maybe Hirate did all those cause she knew it was ending? Even non fans that are into idols know about her situation so it's a bit of a collective 'at last'. I'm sure if she comes back she'll get stuff to do so hope she takes care of herself now.

Unrelated but is Neru doing something now?

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#225 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

^It could be anything really. Mons idol career has been interesting.. She started off being a highly pushed member since debut but wasn't received so well by fans as compared to other members. She consistently ranked mid tier in popularity polls and HS statistics. Then around the autumn of 2018 she had a surge in popularity (remember the monbivalent performance?). People began to notice her performance skill and her being a candidate for next center who could pull off the cool image Keyaki has. Then suddenly, 2019 brings Kuroi Hitsuji, and mon gets shoved into the back row. Weird considering all the love she'd finally been given by fans after mgmt kept pushing her so hard. Then came the 9th single senbatsu announcement where 2nd gens joined the lineup, and mon actually gets cut from senbatsu. Considering all of that, I can understand why she may have lost passion being an idol. Seeing Oda's situation probably made her feel worse since she loves Oda a lot lol. 

Yeah, Techi's Boku wa iyada in kouhaku 2019 sounded not like a cry for help but a 'you can hate me but please dont hate keyaki' type of cry. Like she knew the damage she was causing to the group just by being there. Personally, techi can go the soloist route and still do well, she has that star power, but I can also see her going the yamaguchi momoe route, she always wanted to marry in her early 20's lolol. 

Neru is retired from the entertainment industry now. Last I checked she was studying! 

#226 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:56 PM

I just saw the news, I just can't believe it, I don't even know what to say. This is so unexpected, especially Techi's retirement. I guess it was true that there were serious problems internally. The rumors about Oda and Miyu graduating were also true. It's so sad how this group is doing now. I hope this issue can lead them to a better future. This is so sad.

BTW, I guess they'll have re-announced the senbatsu for the 9th single right?

Morning Musume'19

#227 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:40 PM

^They've lost their center and Shiori so they'll definitely reshuffle, also.......... 

We have 6 new keyaki members!! 

Keyakizaka46 2nd Generation (2nd Gen '2.5'), these are the girls who auditioned around the same time as Keyaki 2nd gen, but were held as Sakamichi KKS to further develop their skills. Manatsu (nogi) said they are still considered Keyaki's 2nd gen (similar to Mariko from AKB still being 1st gen even tho she's 1.5, or Neru being Kanji 1st gen even tho shes 1.5).

Endo Hikari
Ozono Rei
Onuma Akiho
Kosaka Marino
Masumoto Kira
Moriya Rena

#228 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:21 AM

ooh, this is very exciting! i hope that keyaki getting new members is a sign that the group will be continuing after techi and won't just be left to rot, lol. pictures of the new sakamichi girls were tweeted on the official sakamichi kenshusei account (i think it's official?), and i'm pretty sure the 2nd picture is the new keyaki girls, so i've embedded the picture here.

i wish their name tags were more readable so i could tell apart each girl though, but from what i can tell the 3rd to last girl (or the 5th girl if you're counting from the left) is endo hikari. correct me if i'm wrong though! but she looks very cute, so i'm really excited to see more of her. all of the girls look really good actually, i'm hoping the best for keyaki's future <3

tavzkp.jpg
(source)

#229 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:31 AM

It's the 27th which means its officially been 1 year since the last single, Kuroi Hitsuji was released! 

Obviously, fans started to complain at hitting this milestone, but management were able to quite us down quickly after announcing.. 

Keyakizaka46 will release their first Documentary movie 'Our truth and lies' on April 3rd!

It will go through everything that happened during Keyaki's 1st chapter (their formation, neru joining, debut, hiragana, budokan, kouhaku, zuumin grad, neru's grad, 2ki, tokyo dome, techi withdrawal) 

Oha! report - https://twitter.com/...754494519119872

#230 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:23 PM

oooooooh this is pretty interesting, i wonder how they're gonna cover the controversial parts like techi's withdrawal lol

#231 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

Yesterday, Nagasawa Nanako announced her graduation from the group. She will graduate at the end of this month (i.e, Tomorrow). 

Naako was one of the few members who continued to have many solo activities and work outside of the group during their long year of inactivity, and it seems like she wants to continue that momentum on for this year and put 100% into those solo gigs. While not management's favorite, she's always been a popular member with solid HS sales, fans love her. She might have struggled as a performer but she kept up with the other members and her variety, cooking, and mangaka skills made her stand out from the rest. I'll miss her a lot but I wish her the best for the future! 

Techi and Mon's private mail will be removed tomorrow, so here's a little reminder to download whatever content you need before it shuts down! 

#232 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:16 AM

It's been a while since the last update but since many of us are still in some sort of lockdown/quarantine regulations, i figured it would good to post some content to keep us keyaki fans entertained! 

Watch!

Keyakitte Kakenai! The keyaki girls have been working really hard on their variety skills lately and it shows so well in their Keyakake episodes! They're making the new 2ki's feel comfortable in the new environment and being genuinely enthusiastic about the future of the group, it's great! If you don't know about it yet, KEYAVIDS is a great website to watch subbed keyaki (and hinata!) videos, so check them out for the latest eps! 

http://keyavids.com/...akitte-kakenai/

Read! 

Some of you may know 'we tried subbing' the keyaki subbing group who provide english translation for us international fans, they just posted a few recent translations from members magazine appearances! Give them a read down below! 

Follow! 

The girls are posting recruitment videos to get more fans to follow their mobame! You do have to subscribe to it, but their content has been improving since they have to be more creative lol

Also, recent graduated members have made instagram accounts, go follow them here if you havent already! https://twitter.com/...565068730736640

Suzumoto Miyu - https://www.instagra...zumotomiyu1205/

Oda Nana - https://www.instagram.com/odanana924/

Nagasawa Nanako - https://www.instagra...ako_nagasawa__/

News! 

Sato Shiori announced a while back that because of the covid pandemic shutting down most forms of travel and work/study relations between countries, her trip abroad to study art has been put on hold, so she is continuing with keyakizaka activities as a full member until such time she can go on her hiatus. Her mobame has reopened too! 

The Recording Industry Association of Japan debuted its streaming certifications and Keyaki had two songs Certified Gold (50,000,000 streams) and Silver (30,000,000 streams) for Silent Majority and Fukyouwaon respectively. More info here: https://aramajapan.c...reaming/106754/

Keyaki's official youtube channel will broadcast their Keyaki Republic 2017 concert on the 29th and 30th at 8pm JST! Don't miss it! 

#233 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:41 AM

ooooh thanks for writing all of this!!!! i've meant to watch keyakitte for a while but haven't gotten around to it, do u know what ep introduces the new 2kis? i wanna get to know them more but i can't seem to find ep summaries anywhere so idk where to start lol

#234 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:10 PM

No worries! I've got a lot of free time on my hands lmao ^^; 

This one here welcomes them!

EP 226 http://keyavids.com/...rs-english-sub/

And this is one from a couple weeks later where they battle against 1st and ori2nd gen members in multiple games! 

EP 231 http://keyavids.com/...-1-english-sub/ (Part 1)

EP 232 http://keyavids.com/...-2-english-sub/ (Part 2)

#235 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:20 AM

ahhh thank u sm!!! i'll definitely watch these <3

#236 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

NAAKO IS GETTING MARRIED IN AUGUST!!!!!!! 

Im so happy for her im gonna cry T_________T

#237 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

Some more graduated keyaki news!! 

After graduating from the group last year, Neru has returned to the entertainment world! 

https://nagahamaneru.jp/s/nn/?ima=2642

Like Techi, she remains under Seed & Flower management (same company that manages Keyaki) 

I'm so happy!!! this is so exciting, keyaki's graduated members are doing so much this year despite all the restrictions, lets hope the main group can gain this same momentum 

#238 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:23 PM

Looks like they're all "graduating" lol  :c18:

Important Announcement 

Keyakizaka46 will officially cease activities with the name Keyakizaka46 from October, and make a fresh new start with a new name. All current member will be in this group. 

Please note this is not a disbandment but a 're-brand', similar to S/mileage's rebrand to Angerme. They will only change the name and image of the group. 

Their final single as "Keyakizaka46" will be their 9th, titled 'Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka? / Who rings the bell?'. Released digitally on August 21st. Kobayashi Yui center. 

-

I personally think this is unnecessary and just further proved to us that it was indeed, the techizaka show, and management clearly think the group cannot go on without her so they're changing their name to rid themselves of that pressure. Sugai said there are some members who still can't accept it. And they showed pretty much everyone crying so i'll leave it up to you guys to decide whether it was the girls who came to this conclusion or not :)

Seed and Flower fucked up the group and would rather let it die and start over than fix it. It's truly unforgivable. I hope the girls remain strong and I hope fans continue to support them through this. 

#239 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:59 PM

well that's super extra, i didn't see that coming. it's good they're finally getting a 9th single but idk a rebrand means they gotta start from the beginning again, at least they'd have some background with the keyaki name but now they're a whole new group. i just hope they aren't changing their dark concept bc then i'll probably lose all interest in them, but otherwise it's good they're not just gonna disband cuz techi's gone

#240 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:09 AM

^^Welp, the management pretty much centered everything around Techi that they can't even basically make the group work without her, it's so disappointing. You're right, the rebrand just meant Keyaki is Techi's own. A rebrand with the same concept and rotating centers is far better imo but may get a backlash from hardcore Keyaki/Techi fans

They should have introduced a W center since Glass wo Ware to ease up Techi's pressure. 

Untitled-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users