• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

I have sensitive skin, I used to have acne and eczema but my mother "cured" it when I was younger so I don't need too worry too much about that. During winter my skin gets kinda dry and during the summer it gets oily so i guess it's a combination? lol. The products I use are based in the UK or Asian products. I have two products for each "step" and use one or the other depending on whether my skin feels dry or oily. My skincare routine + products are: 

Morning:

Wash face w/ warm water to open pores

- Face wash (Nivea Refreshing Facial Wash Gel - Normal/Combination skin - Helps maintain the oils on your face/reduce spots)

Rinse face w/ cold water to close pores (so that my makeup doesn't sink into my skin)

- Toner (Superdrug Vitamin E Skin Care Refreshing Toning Mist - Normal/Dry skin) or (Lush Eu Roma Water - Normal/Sensitive skin)

- Spot Treatment (Fucidin H Cream - prescription cream, helps with break outs/acne. You can get it from your doctor or over the counter in Pharmacy's) 

- Moisturizer (Nivea Rich Moisturizing Day Cream - Dry/Sensitive Skin) or (SK-II Basic Care Facial Treatment Milk - Suitable for all skin types but great for Oily skin bc it's lightweight)

I don't use SPF cream bc I live in the UK lol but if its very sunny and over 17 degrees i'll use Solait Clear Protect in SPF50 - Suitable for Oily skin

Evening (It's a lot longer than the morning routine bc I tend to use products that you can leave on overnight 

- Make up remover (Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water - Sensitive Skin. They have options for Dry/Oily skin too. I use the same Wipes if i'm lazy lol) 

- Face wash (Same as above)

- Exfoliate (I use 'Mask of Magnaminty', or 'Cup O Coffee' depending on how I feel lol, from Lush - Use 1/2 times a week)

- Toner (Same as above)

- Emulsion (Skin Food Peach Sake Emulsion - All skin types / I tend to skip this though bc i'm lazy lol)

- Face/Sheet Mask (I use any face mask from Etude House, Skin Food, The Beauty Diary, Laneige, The Face shop, or 'Rosy Cheeks' and 'Oatfix' from Lush)

- Spot Treatment (Same as Above)

- Night Cream (Nivea Regenerating Night Cream - Sensitive Skin / It's a very thick cream so I wouldn't recommend to Oily prone skin, Great for Dry skin though)

- Sleeping mask (Laneige Water Sleeping Mask - All skin type)

I linked them all if you guys want to buy them ahhaa, I swear by pretty much all of these products, they're the only ones I actually repurchase because they have actually improved my skin instead of destroy it (like Neutrogena cough). 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#22 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

Minaeshi, it's a common belief but the idea that pores open and close is a myth. And the UV rays still affect your skin through the clouds. You should always wear sunscreen.

#23 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

^Really? I always heard it was true hmmm, i'll look more into that! 

And honestly i don't think anyone in london wears sunscreen except from in the summer. most days the sun isn't even out, it's just rain/cloud/freezing cold weather so i never really feel the need to wear it. i should probably be more cautious though ^^; 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#24 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

There are two beauty vlogs that I follow: The Beauty Breakdown and MEEJMUSE

They break down things really well and explain the products. 

I'm an old fart, but I have pretty decent skin (oily/combination). I didn't have acne issues in high school but now my skin sometimes acts like teenage skin. I use preventative products so i only have to deal with the occasional break out here and there. My face got really bad when I was pregnant both times....you know that whole "glow" that pregnant women get.....I got it like x100 (all it is is extra oil....which my face did not need and my whole face broke out---and after having the baby, my skin magically went back to normal). Other than that, I'm pretty much blessed with 'good' skin. I like watching people's expressions when they find out how old I really am (he he he). 

As of right now, this is my routine:

Evening: 

• Vitamin E oil to take off my make-up --- it sounds counterproductive; but actually using oil on my oily skin works wonders.
  • Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up remover----takes off mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner...basically everything and it's not harsh at all 
  • Body Shop Tea Tree facial wash 
  • Holika Holika 3 Seconds Starter
  • Body Shop Tea Tree toner
  • Burt's Bees Renewal Smoothing Eye Cream---I actually JUST started to use eye cream....preventative measures (so many young people are using it now)
  • Rosewater Spray----I just do a quick spritz and pat it into my face....since it's winter, I figure a little extra moisture wouldn't hurt. I probably won't use it during the summer when it's super humid
  • Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream---a nice light moisturizer for sleeping. 
  • Aloe Vera Gel or Vaseline----I put this on my eyelashes overnight

Morning:

• Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser
  • Holika Holika 3 Seconds Starter
  • Body Shop Tea Tree Toner
  • Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream
  • Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturizer
  • Make-Up (I keep this simple: Concealer under the eyes and any red spots, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and a bit of lip gloss)

I just bought The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Water and I can't wait to try it. I'm also getting the Elizavecca Milk Piggy Carbonated Bubble Mask....it looks quite interesting. There are a few other things I want to purchase, but that'll come later. 

What do ya'll think about sheet masks? I mean, I've seen good things about them; but this only comes from people with dry skin.

I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#25 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

I have a Tony Moly one but I've yet to use it because I'm lazy. I find that a really nice moisturizer does the trick for me but I'll probably still use it for the novelty.

#26 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

Oh my god, are most people's skin care routines this long? Maybe that's why everyone's skin looks so much better than mine...hahaha

For me, I put some lotion on in the morning and night, and lately before I go to bed I have been using a clinique anti-redness wash that seems to be working pretty well! I didn't even know anti-redness cleansers were a thing until two weeks ago. That is probably my biggest problem, so much so that boyfriend calls me Tomato-chan sometimes haha. My skin gets dry really easy but this new wash doesn't dry it out at all so I love it already :)
I envy all of you that have enough discipline to have such a complex daily routine! You all rock!

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#27 Da-manta-ray

Da-manta-ray

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1306 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:47 AM

^ lol my thoughts exactly, though my skin isn't super great, so I admire the dedication.

My skin is somewhat oily and I do get the occasional pimple when I get too stressed (I used to get waaaay more when I was a teenager and in college). I do have a good number of pockmarks and scars from having no self control as a teenager and popping pimples.

These days, I have exfoliating scrub (Ocean Salt) and a clay face mask (Cup O'Coffee) from LUSH. The scrub I use maybe once every couple of days, and the clay mask sporadically on weekends. I also have these FaceQ masks I got when I went to Taiwan which I also use sporadically on weekends. I'm not sure if it's working, but my skin hasn't been causing me too much trouble.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with scars, might try some of the recommendations here.

My Favourites!

MM OGs: Suzuki Kanon, Yoshizawa Hitomi ~ Current MM: Iikubo Haruna, Makino Maria

Berryz: Tsugunaga Momoko ~ ANGERME: Meimi ~ Country Girls: Ozeki Mai ~ Kobushi Factory: Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako

#28 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

Since I am a guy my routine isn't that long:

• Night:
  • Wash face with warm water thoroughly
  • Apply Amrita lotion with a cotton tampon (clears the pores and shrinks them)
  • Apply Amrita corrector on existing pimples and if I notice a spot where the pimple is going to appear soon (it's becoming red/it's becoming a little bump)
  • Apply SVR Sebiaclear Cicapeel on existing post acne spots
  • Apply White Cream Rachev if I have any squeezed pimples (it actually does miracles, it sucks the pus out and doesn't leave a wound)

• Morning:
  • Wash face with warm water thoroughly
  • Sometimes I apply SVR since it works best if it's applied twice a day, but if I have school I don't because even if it's transparent it's kinda glossy
  • If my skin is dry I also apply some Rose Water

#29 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

Oh my god, are most people's skin care routines this long? Maybe that's why everyone's skin looks so much better than mine...hahaha

I envy all of you that have enough discipline to have such a complex daily routine! You all rock!

^ lol my thoughts exactly, though my skin isn't super great, so I admire the dedication.

I actually used to do the bare minimum when it came to my skin regiment......but after getting pregnant with my 2nd child and knowing that my skin would explode, I started to do a bit more. I've only really had a routine for the past 2 years. 

It's part of my night-time routine. 30 minutes before I go to bed, I start with my face. It only takes about 15 minutes total and then the rest goes to my hair and brushing my teeth. And my morning routine doesn't take that long either....less time than at night. Do what works for you and then build on it if you want to. I just tested stuff and found what works for me. 

PRODUCT UPDATE: Yesterday, I got the Rice Water Bright Cleansing Water in the mail and used it last night..............OMG!!!! THIS STUFF IS AMAZAZING!!!!!!! It just glides across my skin and it makes it feel so soft!!! It picked up all the make-up that my cleansing wipes left behind (I was lazy last night). And I thought my wipes did a pretty good job. This stuff rocks!!!

I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#30 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

Haha same! I wash my face with water and a bit of soap (simple soap without any additions) in the morning and do the same in the evening (+ removing make up). I usually only use cream after showering because that's the only time my face gets dry (and itchy).

You guys really are impressive, honestly.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#31 MaaDuu

MaaDuu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

Not pimple-prone at all but super dry skin here, especially in the winter months. I'm so jealous of you guys for having access to sheet masks ... Can't find them for my life here in Germany. Not even thin cotton sheets to make them myself  :c03:  .... any tips? 

I have dry skin to begin with. Couple that with the dry winter air and my skin feels like it's being stretched. I was really fortunate to not suffer from acne and only got the occasional pimple or two when I was a teen, so maybe this will help you as well: 

I've found coconut oil works for me. Where I am I can buy a jar of organic coconut oil for around $6 and it will last for months (smells wonderful as well ), since you only need a little bit. I use it as a makeup remover and deep condition my hair with it as well. 

I melt some, slather it on my face and massage it in for a couple minutes. Afterwards I wet a washcloth with hot water and "steam" my face. I repeat this 3-4 times then pat dry. I'm left with soft skin that feels hydrated and I've noticed a big difference overtime. I spent half the winter using sheet masks, but for some reason, despite them dripping with serum, my face feels tight after. Ever since I started using coconut oil again I don't see fine lines around my mouth and my nose isn't flaking anymore. I used to use coconut oil once a day a couple years ago, but I started getting pimples because I didn't rinse my face properly.

I'm warning you I've heard some horror stories from those whose skin got even worse after using the oil cleaning method. I've also heard great things for those who suffer from acne whose faces have cleared up after using the OCM. It works for some, it doesn't for others. Do your research, or feel free to pm me and I'll provide you with more information for anyone who is interested.

#32 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

Coconut oil is especially comodogenic. Definitely needs to be tested.

#33 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

^^  I'l try that ... doesn't even cost me anything because I always have a jar of coconut oil for my hair like you haha :D (also use it for my legs and arms, works amazing for me).... sounds like we pretty much have the same skin condition!

Also, motivated by the discussion in here I  spend some time on amazon and found cotton sheets you can cut yourself a sheet mask from. I'll make myself lotion masks from now on as well. Maybe it'll work out :)

http://www.amazon.de...ailpage_o00_s00

I swear these weren't sold a year ago but apparently are widely used now, mainly for e-cigarettes XD ... well, that's lucky for me I guess :D

There are also pill shaped, compressed cotton masks. You can soak them in lotion and they'll expand. I'll try these too.

http://www.amazon.de..._dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

...I know these are German links, but maybe they'll give an idea to people who don't have access to sheet masks :)

6DYNteh.png

#34 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

I have super dry skin. I only really use two things on my skin: L'Oreal Age Perfect Cleansing Milk (I'm 26 but the anti-ageing stuff works best for me. I used to use a different L'Oreal milk, which was AMAZING for me, buuuuut they discontinued it :() and L'Oreal moisturiser for dry skin. I forget exactly which one it is.

And that's it. Anything else dries my skin out so much. I used to use a St Ives scrub for my face buuuut it still gave me problems. I got some sample packets of Cure Aqua Gel off ebay and tbh I think I'm going to have to shell out the 20+ quid for a full bottle, as it actually seemed to help my skin. I don't think any kind of similar products are sold in the UK :(

Never been able to find a face mask that doesn't turn me into a desert, either.

Annoyingly I've also been suffering from terrible cystic acne for the past couple years, and no idea what to do about it because all acne products are made for oily skin, which I can't use. But I finally found what the culprit was - my birth control. Hormones were messing me up. I got an IUD today, so lets see if that helps improve my skin. :D

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#35 Ian905

Ian905

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:23 AM

Ooooh boy I have tried all sorts of skin care routines.I really wanted to get back to basics though so for the past while I've been using Neutrogena Deep Clean facial wash and Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3. I don't really NEED to moisturize often but I do just because it's a good habit to have to prevent wrinkles and stuff. So when I moisturize I use either Pond's Dry Skin Cream or The Body Shop Vitamin E night cream.

I also like to use masks on occasion, usually ones from The Body Shop or 10-0-6 Deep Down Detox mask.

Recently though I've been using more Asian skin care products! I use the same Clinique Clarifying Lotion but for a face wash I use Naive Peach two-in-one cleansing foam (a little bit drying but I've just started using it so I will withold judgement until my skin adjusts!) and every night I use Baviphat AC Apple Sleeping Mask, which I sometimes layer with Tonymoly Appletox Honey Cream. I am currently waiting on an ebay order of Aritaum Baby Face All-In-One Cream which I look forward to trying. :)

I also started to use Kose Clear Turn Babyish Moisture sheet mask which has a nice result but I find it kind of awkward to apply to my face since it's hard to put on straight and it end up wrinkling in to itself lol.

During the day I just use a BB cream and powder. Sometimes a pore minimizer, mattifying cream and mineral water spritz.

My skin type is combination-oily btw. ^_^

Fan of the 48 Family, Linda III Sei, Tokyo Performance Doll, THE Possible, and Seifuku Kojo Iinkai.

My last.fm

#36 Ribon

Ribon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

I've never really had a problem with acne or oily skin, so my skin care routine is pretty simple.
I wash my face everyday using St. Ives Even and Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin scrub, rinse off with cold water, afterwards I pat my face dry and gently apply some unrefined ivory Shea Butter to keep my face moisturized.

Every now and then I'll use a Biore deep cleansing pore strip on my nose.

I prefer to spend all my money on hair care products

243euza.gif

CG: Manaka 

KSS: Ayano, T. Kurumi

#37 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:19 PM

Same, but that stopped once I got a straight perm lol. Now that I'm back to curly I've found less is more for my hair. It's very fine so I can't put too much in it.

#38 Ribon

Ribon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

Spoiler

243euza.gif

CG: Manaka 

KSS: Ayano, T. Kurumi

#39 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

I use African Black Soap by Shea Moisture as my face wash and oh my gosh, my bumps have completely disappeared. 

I don't know what type of magic this soap is, but it's amazing. I wear makeup everyday, and this really helps to cleanse it in a gentle way 

Get it at WalMart or Target for the cheapest price! (For Americans). Link below for anyone else

http://www.amazon.co...ican black soap

Also, I apply a light lotion to my face like twice a day!

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#40 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

A little intimidated now, but I'll post (lol)

I wash my face once/twice per day, and I use Dove sensitive skin soap. I still have acne but the zits are flat, small and aren't a huge problem and they're coverable with foundation (they're just stress/teenage hormone zits anyway.) Sometimes when my skin is very dry I use noncomedogenic Lubriderm. Sometimes when I have a few problem zits I put on Clearasil acne cream I've had for like 4 years. And sometimes I'll use toner. But intermittently- not all in one night. Actually, I've found I have the best skin when I don't put anything on it at all- the zits come and go without any external help from me mostly. And, strangely, some days when I'm exhausted I go to bed with my full makeup on and I'll wake up with (some of the foundation set into my pores, but...) softer and a little clearer skin. Crazy how nature do dat.

cleardot.gif
Most products don't work on me, because I have very sensitive skin. For example, I broke out into a rash after using Biore Charcoal Cleanser. Gotta keep it light.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users