30 replies to this topic

#1 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

tumblr_o1o6ez8LQE1rsdzkio1_540.jpg

That's right, kiddos; we've had metal idols, chubby idols, grandma idols, but did you know there's also gothic idols? There really is an idol group for everybody these days, huh?

So anyway, here's NECRONOMIDAL. They were formed in 2014, and their music style is a mish-mash of darkwave, metal and other genres.

The current lineup consists of:

Attached File  Kaki+Full (1).jpg   639.41K   0 downloads

Kakizaki Risaki (柿崎 李咲)

Member Colour: Azalea 

Birthday: October 25

Blood Type: A

Attached File  20150606-DSC_7398.jpg   691.12K   0 downloads

Sari (瑳里 )

Member Colour: Transparent (??)

Birthday: January 15

Blood Type: B

Attached File  download.jpg   724.9K   0 downloads

Tsukumo Hotaru (九十九ほたる)

Member Colour: Light Purple

Birthday: December 28

Attached File  download (1).jpg   791.93K   0 downloads

Kusaka Karen (久坂華恋)

Member Colour: Dream (???)

Birthday: November 11

Attached File  Hina+Full.jpg   855.38K   0 downloads

Yotsuyu Hina (夜露ひな)

Member Colour: Blood

Birthday: June 7

They've released a few MVs now, their Youtube also has concert footage and a cute video of them dancing to BiS' Nerve.

Attached Files

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#2 ajeossi76

ajeossi76

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

I've followed them since the beginning. Really good songs, like: Azathoth, Skulls in the Stars, Lamina Maledictum, Puella Tenebrarum... They got nice "Lovecraftian" & horror feeling on their songs. Also their metal is more old school, than any of these power metal/happy metal bands that I usually don't... like... at... all. Lyrics are pure cosmic evil, not rebel girls stuff etc., which is nice. They are so different compared to any other "idol" band, which is refreshing. I hope they release full length album soon.

P.S. Hotaru is a treasure! Psycho panda.

#3 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

There wasn't a thread for this group already? I would have thought there would be since they have been around for a while and people seem to like the, They have some really cool dances and their wota do some crazy stuff. For a lot of these groups seeing them I feel out of my element because there are so many movements that the wota do during songs from air guitar to getting down on their knees and bowing to raising imaginary swords and so on. They have some really cool songs also.

Sari is probably my favourite since I got on board with this group I love that whole visual kei look she has going on.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#4 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

• Their producer, Ricky, is American and has muttonchops.
  • Hotaru is actually kind of insane. Also good friends with Shion from Guso Drop. Also if you let her keep a cheki to scribble on it or decorate, never expect to get it back.
  • Karen is great fun to talk to and no problems being a spanner and/or doing wotagei at a second's notice.
  • Hina is kind of cold.
  • Sari is really nice.
  • Don't think I've ever spoken to Kakizaki.

I like Necroma. More than gothic idols their theme seems to be mental instability though.

#5 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

I love this group, from the aesthetic to the music, just everything about them is great. They're a pretty hard sell for anyone who doesn't enjoy gothic/metal music but that doesn't stop me from trying to get people into them.

They have their debut album coming out next month right? I'm definitely going to grab a copy.

#6 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

Oh they have an album coming? Awesome. I managed to pick up all their singles at least I think it's all of them . Their cover designs are really cool. I really wish I'd taken the chance to get some cheki with them when I saw them the one time. I tried to go again but it ended up clashing with something else. The time I did make their show I wasn't feeling well and was being moody for really dumb reasons so I left shortly after they finished singing.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#7 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:50 AM

Yeah, it's called "NEMESIS" and comes out on February 17th. From what I've heard, they're also completely re-doing all of the old songs that are going to be on it.

Dl41vsn.jpg

#8 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

This is my first time hearing them, but I like them a lot already. There music videos have a very creepy feeling to them.

#9 arwald

arwald

Special Agent of Idol BAU

• Senpai
  • 676 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

As you probably know, "あたいの爪痕" song is based on traditional Japanese children's tune "Tōryanse".

I'm not a fan, but for me this band is definitely interesting one. "あたいの爪痕" was their first MV that I saw and considering that I'm into Black Metal, obviously I liked it. Both music arrangement and video editing is really good. Didn't like much other songs though.. But I'd rather listen to Necronomidol than Babymetal or other so-called "metal idol bands".

d6d030144586.jpg

bb1451efadcd.jpg

ps: off-topic but since this group (and probably her fans) are somewhat into mental instability stuff, I want to recommend watching "Metachaos" by Alessandro Bavari. 

official website

official youtube channel

official twitter

Facebook page

Kakizaki Risaki's blog

Necronomidol subreddit

Idols are adults' toys © Pikarin

#10 momo9

momo9

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:05 AM

I LOVE this group.

I can't wait for their album

#11 Telepathy/Overdrive

Telepathy/Overdrive

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

New video uploaded today!

#12 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

NECRONOMIDOL are doing a crowdfunding thing for a new video. They say international supporters are welcome but I think you have to have an address in Japan to sign up on the site. If anyone could shed some light on that, that'd be cool.

http://domeschick.jp...p?product_id=79

#13 ajeossi76

ajeossi76

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

From Necronomidol facebook page:

NECRONOMIDOL is taking part in a crowdfunding campaign to create a new short movie!

The movie will be two parts - the first will be live action and the second will be animated.

The animated segment will feature an amazing three-way collaboration between NECRONOMIDOL as well as the pixel animator m7kenji and the legendary manga artist Toshio Maeda!

Toshio Maeda is most well known for creating Urotsukidoji as well as La Blue Girl - all-time classics of the anime world! He will be doing art design/creature design for the animated part of the video.

m7kenji is the amazing pixel artist who has worked with artists like TORIENA (on her Pulse Fighter and Kandi Pixel Z videos) and is currently exhibiting at pixiv Zingaro gallery in Tokyo

https://youtu.be/SiTazCUPBGM

The crowdfunding campaign is up on the Domeschick! site and is international supporters are welcome!

Please be aware that some of the supporter bonuses include events (all of which will take place in and around Tokyo) and we cannot provide travel or accomodations for those events. Supporter bonuses can be shipped internationally and we recommend those for international fans!

http://domeschick.jp...p?product_id=79

Thanks from NECRONOMIDOL for all your support!!!

#14 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

Weird they say that international supporters are welcome, but you need a Japanese address to sign up on the site. Wonder how that's supposed to work.

#15 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

Lol unfortunately things in Japan are never really set up with the international in mind. I'd like to hope one day they change things but I imagine that most businesses just prefer excluding non Japanese residents rather than deal with the hassle. If there are problems they need people who speak other languages to deal with them and I don't really know the logistics of accepting foreign credit cards and addresses.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#16 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

^Yeah, from what I know, most Japanese businesses, while perfectly fine with people ordering from overseas, simply don't have the time, staff or resources to cater to customers outside of Japan. At the very least, the overseas consumer base just isn't big enough to justify it. It's why Hello! Project have made videos explaining how overseas customers can order their products through Tenso, but won't actually allow overseas customers to order from them directly (if I remember correctly, the Vanquish site also has a little thing on there explaining what foreign customers can do if they want to order, without actually offering overseas shipping themselves. I just ended up using FromJapan when I wanted to buy a tshirt from there though, lol). 

I think it's mostly to do with credit cards and stuff. Most Japanese sites require a Japanese credit card.

But anyway, I'm really excited about this movie! If I had some spare cash (and a Japanese address, lmao) I'd be happy to donate!

Maybe by international customers but need a Japanese address, you could probably use Tenso? They give you a Japanese address right?

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#17 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

I'm sure if you really wanted to do this you could request it from a proxy seller either way and they'll handle the donation on your behalf sending you any rewards you get from it after they receive them. It's just a ball ache to arrange and pay all the extra fees to do it unless you really badly want something.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#18 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

Necronomidol released a new MV!

#19 arwald

arwald

Special Agent of Idol BAU

• Senpai
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:18 PM

I was kinda ignoring Necronomidol songs, except "あたいの爪痕" but after listening to this album I must admit that I like how it sounds.I really want them to perform more songs in Black Metal style ("あたいの爪痕" sounds quite like "Astarte"), but their darkwave/electropop songs are also quite good (general atmosphere).

are they having audition?

Idols are adults' toys © Pikarin

#20 cyborgpanda

cyborgpanda

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:16 AM

Yeah, Karen is leaving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users