Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#61 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

^

^

IMO that's also getting a bit old. You basically know what to expect for each single ^^; It takes away some of the fun and the excitement of a new single. Oh, it's time for the Sakura single, here comes a ballad about old life>new life. Reminds me of this XD

florals.gif

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#62 Da-manta-ray

Da-manta-ray

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1306 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:31 AM

I wasn't originally going to post here, but I might as well get a couple off my chest:

I'm somewhat surprised that Ishida Ayumi's singing has not improved all that much, considering how many opportunities she gets to sing in singles. She is often a minor vocalist in most of their singles and has inherited a good number of lines, but she still sounds really shouty and slightly off-key. I still like her though, and her dancing is top-notch. It's also possible that maybe I'm missing some key performances (Ayumi fans, feel free to fill me in).

Nomura Minami is one of the most underrated members in Kobushi Factory. She's probably not the top in any discipline, but I still think that she is a solid performer. I thought she would be a lot more popular than she is right now. This might be my biased-ness talking though since she was one of my favourite KSS before she debuted. 

My Favourites!

MM OGs: Suzuki Kanon, Yoshizawa Hitomi ~ Current MM: Iikubo Haruna, Makino Maria

Berryz: Tsugunaga Momoko ~ ANGERME: Meimi ~ Country Girls: Ozeki Mai ~ Kobushi Factory: Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako

#63 callirae

callirae

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:28 PM

Takechan is a very strong vocalist, but is often overlooked because of her chipmunk voice.

Fujii Rio lives on in my heart.

Ikuta Erina . Nakanishi Kana . Kanazawa Tomoko . Yamaki Risa . Inoue Rei . Akiyama Mao

#64 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

Takechan is a very strong vocalist, but is often overlooked because of her chipmunk voice.

? I think somebody describing her voice as sounding like a goat was closer XD https://youtu.be/OxD6mmJaYqk

TEAM TAKECHAN

#65 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

Unpopular opinions? Boy I could get into trouble in this thread. :c18:

I don't care about dancing ability at all, dance club? Formation dancing? Yawn.

The EDM is old and needs to go away, though that might not be an unpopular opinion anymore.

MM isn't very interesting right now even though it still has interesting members, the group dynamic just isn't there for some reason. I don't see how a new gen is going to fix that.

Berryz were bored with being idols, they only revived at the end because they knew it was almost over.

Momohime is a total showbiz kid and I don't like it at all, so of course she's really popular and will probably be put in a group asap.

Moe isn't moe at all.

H!P just added too many members too quickly.

The music in 2015 was the worst since I started following H!P. Too much of it was generic idol music that any idol group could have put out.

I think that's enough for now.

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#66 fukuhimespider

fukuhimespider

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 770 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

>Oda doesn't have an impact as a solo gen. She's a great singer, but that's about it. Oh, she's also a great 2nd voice too.
>They need more songs from Takui. Tsunku's focusing too much on giving deep and thought provoking songs.
>The dance team is pretty much worthless if you're just listening to Oh My Wish on your mp3 player.
>Zukki's been on 5 or 6-month rebound by now. She has not shown any signs of slimming down after she got that eye injury. I'm afraid she has lost her only window of opportunity.
>I miss the whoooo the hooou, and the fu-fu they used to do in old songs.
>Sayubee is best singer in J=J.
>C-ute members are like anime character stereotypes. Airi is female lead, Chisato is the tomboyish childhood friend, Maimi is the stern and powerful older sister, maimai is the baby sister, and Nacky is the tsundere bestfriend of the female lead who hates the main character.
>Despite what most people I know would say, I still prefer H!P's music over other idol groups. I like idol groups, but I don't like Idol songs too much.
>I wish they'd just continue with the Girl's band club. I want to see them perform and even record a song.
>I miss shuffle groups. :(

I JUST GOT BACK AND I AUTOMATICALLY JOINED THE MIZUKINGDOM~

#67 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:26 AM

I like the Tsunku-less era (2015-) better, and it irritates me when arrogant people try to correct me saying I'm wrong. Then they try to write a paragraph on why Tsunku-less era songs are shit, say that every group needs songs made by Tsunku, and comments on how much they miss Tsunku and wants him to became the main guy behind H!P again.

It's just an opinion. Even if there are songs that I don't like either (Choice & Chance, Wakatteiru no ni Gomen ne, etc.), I just love the vibes each groups delivers. No one feels out of place at the moment (expect for Tsubaki, but they're indies atm).
モーニング娘。'18 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ つばきファクトリー

生田衣梨奈横山玲奈佐々木莉佳子梁川奈々美小野田紗栞・山崎夢羽

#68 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

Tsunku is a bit of a one trick pony as a writer. All his songs are about going through puberty and experiencing first love/sex for the first time. Didn't Akimoto once say he has the mind of a middle school girl? lol. Though after he got really sick he started writing more depressing songs it's like "Hey I just realised I'm not immortal now girls go sing about my misery!"

TEAM TAKECHAN

#69 Friday

Friday

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:01 AM

^I'm glad I don't have to hear his background vocals anymore. Hearing him ruined quite a few back-in-the-day songs for me, and I wasn't a fan of his singing to begin with.
^I'm glad I don't have to hear his background vocals anymore. Hearing him ruined quite a few back-in-the-day songs for me, and I wasn't a fan of his singing to begin with.

#70 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

I wanted to make a real post, so

C-ute:

-The only thing I find noteworthy about them is how comfortable they are in their roles and on stage, everything else is lacklustre to me.

MM:

-I completely preferred Sakura's look from around when she joined compared to now, and I don't really like her selfies

-"Utilizing" Miki's English is already annoying

-I like Akane's voice a lot

-I don't really think 12th generation were a flop?? Project generations are hardly a new concept lmao, and no this isn't purely oshi bias

ANGERME:

-1st gen are the 2nd most overrated thing in H!P history

-I actually like the proverb thing

-that said, Taiki Bansei needs to die 6 months ago (though I think this is becoming more popular of an opinion every week)

-I liked crappy little Kanana more

Juice=Juice:

-Karada is way better than Next is you, obviously

Country Girls:

-Uta was good but not THAT great jfc (I was Uta oshi)

-After the initial hype I've failed to care at all lol

Kobushi Factory:

-GROWL MORE

Tsubaki Factory:

-EDM was a horrible mistake and now their image is a murky disaster

-I can see them disbanding/restructuring before I can see them debuting

Overall:

-I don't get why people think Tsunku's music sounds SO DIFFERENT compared to the other recent writers, it's all crappy idol pop

-Ruru would be a bad soloist and I don't understand why people think otherwise besides "Ruru sing real good"

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#71 arnoriang

arnoriang

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

Tsunku haters out in full force. Tsunku wrote a lot of crap but these guys are acting like he didn't write some amazing pieces....

#72 AitorKamei

AitorKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5940 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:24 PM

^

No one other than Tsunku could write songs like Love Machine, Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisanai darou or Be Alive. And S/mileage 4-nin and 6-nin era songs were pure gold (and that was all Tsunku). Also Juice=Juice and C-ute songs written by Tsunku are the best... AH, and let's not forget Berryz Kobo songs. Those are all masterpieces. Well, if I were to make a list of all the masterpieces written by Tsunku it'd be way too long :v

My opinion, but I don't think it's unpopular ;3

32ziadw.jpg

MM: Sato Masaki, Ogata Haruna, Kudo Haruka, Oda Sakura ; ºC: Okai Chisato;

A: Sasaki Rikako,Wada Ayaka, Katsuta Rina ; J=J: Uemura Akari & Kanazawa Tomoko. CGs: Shimamura Uta; KF: Hirose Ayaka, Taguchi Natsumi; TF: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno

#73 arnoriang

arnoriang

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

Yea Ame Fura is "crappy idol pop" apparently.

Also after furusato he had to write a idol pop song or its all over, thus love machine happened.

#74 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:17 PM

Imo 2014 was just such a bland and boring year for Tsunku music so when we got consistently good songs in 2015 it was a nice improvement. He's come out with tons of legendary songs but I'm happy with the current H!P songs. At the end of the day I think Tsunku lyrics are my favorite tho. More so the lyrics about being a teenage girl because they make me feel nostalgic about things that never even happened during my teen years. Grand Demo, Kare to Isshou, Thank you creme brulee, and Otome no Timing are some of my favorite lyrics right now. They feel like basic love/teenage angst songs but Tsunku just has something about him that makes me appreciate his lyrics. "You can remember Pi, but you can't remember our anniversary" might be the most iconic line in H!P history but Kodama Ameko still has a long way to go to match Tsunku's talents

MizukiRina

Twitter

#75 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

I thought this would be a "post your opinion, no discussing over opinions" thread :arrow:

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#76 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

It's turning into the Tsunku thread the guy has his own thread for popular opinions and circle jerks XD

TEAM TAKECHAN

#77 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

Yea Ame Fura is "crappy idol pop" apparently.

I meant everything in H!P is crappy idol pop, Tsunku or not. As in, it's all shallow pop music to me? I wasn't insulting his songs specifically lol

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#78 maxperkins84

maxperkins84

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:53 AM

While I know idoldom is all about idol charas and stuff; I've never been so annoyed by one chara as I'm with Reina Tanaka's. She's neither the rebel yankii she always portrayed in MM, nor the rock chick she pretends to be in Lovendor... and her voice grates my soul

I think you misunderstand Tanaka's chara. In MM it was that of "an honors student with a crush on the rebel yankii lifestyle" (quoting Tsunku). Now in Lovendor she's a straight-up idol "without reason or regret" (quoting Brian Moser), something she couldn't be during her MM years. Lovendor is probably the most genuine idol group they have under UFA now - in the original sense that dates back to Pink Lady etc. I'm not a big fan of that myself, but Tanaka seems like she's enjoying it.

#79 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:54 AM

I don't think half the people in the dance club should even be allowed in the dance club

I wish Buono! Didn't have a comeback. I feel like its only to promote miya at this point.

I am happy that C-ute has outlasted a 9th gen member

J=J Is so boring I hope they get new members added to their group SOON!

I hope MM announces a graduation soon

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#80 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:05 AM

Anyway, just a change of air at least,

I feel they should just tell a girl in KSS and tell her bluntly, backstage "We have to honestly tell you but you're just not cut out to be an idol." Personally, I find the KSS group to just cut short a little the red tape that is debuting as an idol kind of routine. As much as the UF company still exerts some weight in the overall idol industry, if there's anything to credit a girl's success or entry into an idol group, it would be her own effort.

I feel that if a girl has not debuted despite the 3-4 years that she has been as a "trainee" it would be better off giving her the boot and at least having the company recommend her into another group instead. That would save her some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users