Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#41 GabiUsagi

GabiUsagi

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:42 AM

Idk if it's unpopular but I only like Tsubaki because of Kiki. I don't even know the names of other girls.

#42 Nyuchandesu

Nyuchandesu

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:09 AM

Just one. I enjoy Kobushi Factory's grunting. I hope it will eventually turn into growling and then they will rename the group  KobushiMetal. 

My blog *I started writing about the Japan Expo experience*

headbarsiggy-1.jpg

#43 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

A disclaimer like "Leave all your whiny tumblr drama on tumblr and let people air their own opinions since you asked for them or if this makes you unhappy don't read the thread or make it in the first place"?

It's like this thread is a "confession thread with user names fully accountable for."

Another unpopular opinion: That Tsunku make an AKB48 et. al song and Akimoto Yasushi make an H!P song.

#44 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

tbh the whole point of this thread is literally to post your unpopular opinion, so everyone who posts on this thread should realize that whatever they say here will be judged by other people, and everyone who reads this thread should realize that they are going to see something they dont like and if they don't like the idea of that they shouldn't look at the thread.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#45 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:41 AM

tbh the whole point of this thread is literally to post your unpopular opinion, so everyone who posts on this thread should realize that whatever they say here will be judged by other people, and everyone who reads this thread should realize that they are going to see something they dont like and if they don't like the idea of that they shouldn't look at the thread.

True.
Some of these made my eye twitch though lol.

I feel it wouldnt be the H!O user way if I didnt argue with someone and feel entitled for my opinion

#46 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

You asked for it and made the thread, now you shouldn't complain.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#47 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

I've been avoiding talking about C-ute I know a lot of people who are into them some of which I count as friends and honestly I don't mind them at all I even enjoy several of their songs and find some members attractive. The idea of them dropping the idol thing and trying to be serious artists is laughable though. What so they are going to tell all those wota that propped them up for 10 years that they don't need them and all their events then say they want to be taken serious as artists. How exactly? They can't write their own songs or compose music they would still presumably be depending on the same company to do all that as they do now so in what world would they be artists? Like the rest of H!P their singing level is just above karaoke and they can be taught decent dance routines I just don't see who would take them seriously outside of the idol context. Idols have a lot of leeway on being not very good at things the idea is support of improvement like an ugly caterpillar that becomes a butterfly but an artist is expected to create art. The only reason they are where they are is because they are idols. Outside of that they don't have much else going for them. They are going to be idols until the end of time because Up Front likes keeping people under contract forever barring any scandals.

I think Reina is the most honest idol H!P ever had. She doesn't even need to pretend to be friends with everyone in the company or comment on them she just takes care of herself.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#48 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

Now I feel bad, sorry guys. :'(

But I do agree that the point of this thread is to post unpopular opinions without getting into fights over it. I mean, even with the anonymous confession blogs on Tumblr there will still be huge arguments over it. Unless someone posted something truly awful like "I think ______ member should kill themselves" then the point of this thread would be moot if we started arguing over opinions we disagreed with. Like when I said I wouldn't care if Eripon graduated; I've got nothing against her, I certainly wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her, I just don't really feel enough attachment to her like I do the other members, so if she said she wanted to graduate I wouldn't be too upset like I would the other girls, unless of course she was graduating over something awful like health problems or a scandal. But under normal scenarios...

Also on that note, my unpopular opinion is pretty damn obvious from my avatar and signature, but even though most fans have turned against Kago Ai now, I honestly don't think I'll ever stop being a fan unless she did something truly despicable (murder, child abuse, that malarkey). I'm getting tired of the many scandals but it hasn't put me off her, just caused me a lot of despair, lol.

Also I agree with Nyuchandesu, let's just turn Kobushi into a metal group.  :lol:

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#49 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

^

Lol the thing with Aibon is everybody knows how talented she is and we hate seeing her pissing it all away to go partying with old men or having affairs or whatever else she gets up to. She fell into a bad crowd and it ruined her career and she doesn't even seem to give a damn about that. It's just a waste.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#50 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:26 PM

^Lol, to be fair (I know we weren't meant to argue our cases lol) since she had her daughter she seems to have settled down and is working towards rebuilding her career again (divorcing her yakuza-husband, starting a new idol group, appearing on variety shows). The last few scandals were more from things her husband did than anything she was directly involved in (I was so angry when I read that fans were blaming her for the domestic violence issue because "she deserved it", no, she did not deserve to be assaulted stfu), so now he's out of her hair I'm hoping things should run smoothly this time. Sorry, I'm very passionate about Aibon  ^^;

#51 Tsubasa♀

Tsubasa♀

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

Um... I would like to state some of my (what I think are) my unpopular opinions, though I'll try to do it as nice as possible. 

Edit: So I re-read this like 5 times and there are things that didn't sit well so I'm going to edit it (I'm going to put a * on what's new) So I apologize if I upset someone or if my word choice did because English is not my first language.

MM: 

- I don't think that Eripon's dancing is anything near "good". She looks really lazy and like she's not even trying. But I supose her cool facial expressions and acrobatics make up fot it. 

- Mizuki's singing is something I would call "decent enough". She's consistent and that's it. 

- I don't see the greatness of the 12th generation and they still need to prove (at least to me) why they are MM material (except Miki). Like, really. The have been in H!P almost the same time as Anju's 3rd generation and Country Girls, but they still are so green it's ridiculous (again, except Miki, she blending in well with the group). 

- I want Momusu to be fun again. No more formation dancing! I like easy going Momusu, i want them to have fun and actually look like it. 

C-ute: 

- Chisato's singing is so bad. She gets off tune easily, her voice sounds so strained that even my throat hurts. her vibrato is good yes. but a good vibrato doesn't make a singer. 

Anju: 

- In my opinion, Murotan's dancing is better that Rikako's. 

CG: 

- Manakan's dancing it's too explosive, too over the top. I don't like it. She can't isolate a movement correctly. Maybe her explosive dancing it's what got her with EXILE, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. *She's still an amazing dancer and a favorite of mine, or maybe I still need time to warm up on her dancing because i want to enjoy her dancing.

- I love Wakatteiru no ni Gomen ne, it's original, catchy and cute. 

Ju=Ju 

- I don't have anything to say about them because they still doesn't pick my interest as a group. But I like Aari and Tomoko lol. xx 

KF: 

- Reirei has a good voice, and a really great "musical ear" (like Ayaka), but I wouldn't put her with H!P's best vocalist YET. Her voice and vibrato still get shaky and she gets out of tune sometimes (but that's normal). *(Forgot to add this) BUT she has so much potential it's scary so I believe in her 

- Minami deserves some recognition, she's not even near my top 3 of Kobushi but I still think her voice it's great and her energy it's so contagious. 

- *This group needs more love!!!

TF: 

- Kiki's smile scares me, I don't like to talk about the girl's physical appearance and this is my only opinion about that, but it's the truth, I don't see what's the greatness about her *beside her performance and I don't see whatever resemblance she may have with Ai-chan 

- Riko's dancing needs more love. She's an amazing dancer. 

- I hate their EDM style, it doesn't suit them. They look like a group with more Lady-like music. BUT, at least their two singles are good.

- Why Ami got chosen? Yeah she's beautiful. But as of know she can't sing, can't dance, has cero stage presence and her face is always blank. I just hope that she can improve and prove me wrong. 

KSS: 

- I love Kaede and Ruru, but they aren't MM material, they are great singers and really talented but that's it. 

- *Remember that when these girls enter they don't have guaranteed (that's the word right?) a debut. So it's not like, this girl and this girl deserve to debut, it should be more about earning your debut and who management likes more

H!P as a whole: 

- Personally, I love the MVs! Sure, sometimes they can be plain and boring and they all have the same standard but they showcase the girls well. And in a positive note, they make us more apreciative of good MVs! 

- Cool Hello is the worst idea management has ever done. 

- I want sub-units between members on in a same group to happen again, something like Minimoni, Buono!, Tanpopo, etc. 

Edited by Tsubasa♀, 12 February 2016 - 05:59 PM.

Someday I'll make a good banner to put on here

#52 mashaki

mashaki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

^ omg I agree with you with like 80% of the things ^_^

~  Miki ☆ Kamiko ☆ Riai  Ami  Ichioka  Kirara  ~

MiyaChii fan forever [:

avy by: AmaSusE

#53 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:42 PM

The KSS is an opportunity to debut, not a guarantee. Stop the "she deserves to debut" talk.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#54 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

You asked for it and made the thread, now you shouldn't complain.

T'was a joke

Im having legit fun rn

#55 bloop7676

bloop7676

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

I've been avoiding talking about C-ute I know a lot of people who are into them some of which I count as friends and honestly I don't mind them at all I even enjoy several of their songs and find some members attractive. The idea of them dropping the idol thing and trying to be serious artists is laughable though. What so they are going to tell all those wota that propped them up for 10 years that they don't need them and all their events then say they want to be taken serious as artists. How exactly? They can't write their own songs or compose music they would still presumably be depending on the same company to do all that as they do now so in what world would they be artists? Like the rest of H!P their singing level is just above karaoke and they can be taught decent dance routines I just don't see who would take them seriously outside of the idol context. Idols have a lot of leeway on being not very good at things the idea is support of improvement like an ugly caterpillar that becomes a butterfly but an artist is expected to create art. The only reason they are where they are is because they are idols. Outside of that they don't have much else going for them. They are going to be idols until the end of time because Up Front likes keeping people under contract forever barring any scandals.

I think Reina is the most honest idol H!P ever had. She doesn't even need to pretend to be friends with everyone in the company or comment on them she just takes care of herself.

I think people say the thing about dropping the idol concept because if they don't they would probably be disbanding in the not so distant future.  It's not exactly like they'd be turning their backs on the wota since the alternative would be that they wouldn't be performing anymore at all.  To some extent, I think it could work, because people seem willing to accept groups like Perfume, Babymetal, and E-Girls as something artist-like (or at least not exactly idols), which is probably close enough.

The thing about idols having leeway in terms of being bad at things also made me think of one of my probably unpopular opinions though.  I think that the attitude of lowering standards because it's an idol group is an unhealthy thing for the industry.  It's no wonder that people used to look down on idol music when even its own fans basically were okay with things being poorly done, and not having credibility with the general public probably limited the fanbase of idol groups a lot.  This was fine with the 48G because they were the first to really get their system of gimmicks going, but I don't think that success will be duplicated again.  When you look at the success of groups like the ones I mentioned above, it seems that groups that take the effort to make something with more artistic integrity are the ones who are rising the fastest; this is the direction to be going in now imo.

I also agree with what others have said about MM needing to be a happier group.  I've been watching the μ's seiyuu concerts quite a lot lately, and there's a feeling of fun, happy energy that really seems missing by comparison from more recent MM live shows.  Being cool at the expense of being fun is probably not the best tradeoff for an idol group, especially because if you're like me, trying too hard to be cool is pretty much the least cool thing there is.  Plus, there's been so many changes that it's probably time to transition out of the Colorful Era, so a drastically different style is probably in order.  Some people say that being happy results in too many generic genki idol songs, but I think the "cool EDM" style has a lot less creative range than genki stuff.  Groups like Momoclo and Dempagumi are genki as hell, yet way less generic than Colorful Era MM.

#56 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:38 AM

When you see someone getting robbed but then you remember they dissed your oshi in the unpopular opinions thread

13290188.jpg

MizukiRina

Twitter

#57 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:22 AM

When you see someone getting robbed but then you remember they dissed your oshi in the unpopular opinions thread

13290188.jpg

When I go to the unpopular opinions thread and rinafest is lowkey trying to start drama

nvrmnd.gif

#58 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:42 AM

I think people say the thing about dropping the idol concept because if they don't they would probably be disbanding in the not so distant future.  It's not exactly like they'd be turning their backs on the wota since the alternative would be that they wouldn't be performing anymore at all.  To some extent, I think it could work, because people seem willing to accept groups like Perfume, Babymetal, and E-Girls as something artist-like (or at least not exactly idols), which is probably close enough.

I also agree with what others have said about MM needing to be a happier group.  I've been watching the μ's seiyuu concerts quite a lot lately, and there's a feeling of fun, happy energy that really seems missing by comparison from more recent MM live shows.  Being cool at the expense of being fun is probably not the best tradeoff for an idol group, especially because if you're like me, trying too hard to be cool is pretty much the least cool thing there is.  Plus, there's been so many changes that it's probably time to transition out of the Colorful Era, so a drastically different style is probably in order.  Some people say that being happy results in too many generic genki idol songs, but I think the "cool EDM" style has a lot less creative range than genki stuff.  Groups like Momoclo and Dempagumi are genki as hell, yet way less generic than Colorful Era MM.

To be fair, didn't Perfume state that they did not want to be called an idol group, anyway? They release idol-like music, they still have somewhat of an idol-like image, but not to a full extent. I'd imagine if C-ute graduated from H!P and dropped the idol concept, they'd probably end up being something like Perfume.

Also, agreed with MM needing to be happier. Like, golden era momusu got pretty damn genki at times, but that's also when they released some of their best, most memorable songs. Plus, a lot of fans are getting tired of the EDM thing. I get the feeling UFP must have been put off by the poor sales of Pyoco Pyoco Ultra and were like "nobody likes the happy stuff anymore, scrap it", lol.

#59 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:09 AM

The thing is though, Non cool songs doesn't mean it has to be Genki songs. With the "cool" image they limit themselves to a whole range of styles they could show us. That's one of the reasons why I find myself comparing MM to AKB a lot (i know i shouldn't, but its difficult not too lol). With AKB, they have a different themed single with each release. They went from Cool Ballad (Green Flash) > Cool dance track (BokutachiwT) > weird disco track (Halloween Night) > idolly (KiBemyBaby) > Sakura themed single (KnMelody). There is always a new style with each single and it keeps fans excited to see what kind of song they'll come out with. Angerme is a similar comparison. Each A-side is the opposite of each other and it works. Energetic Taiki Bansei / Weird ass Otome > Powerful Nanakorobi / Genki Gashin / Anime song > Rock themed single Desugita / Donden + Idolly grad song. Fans always expect something new. 

With MM, for a long while now it's been the same theme of Cool EDM song + Slow ballad EDM song. The songs are great but the same structure gets boring after a while. Overall I think MM looks kinda static and stale compared to other groups in H!P and it really shows in their performances. They're all talented but the songs and formations being so similar can only keep a fan interested for so long before they sigh and wait for the next group to perform. 

I'm just rambling though lol.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#60 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:27 AM

MM used to try new genres and concepts almost every single before Platinum era, then it got a bit repetitive, Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game and Renai Hunter feel like the only songs that jumped into an entire new genre since then. But like you said we still get our fix for those kinds of things from the other groups

Formation dances have gotten beyond frustrating tbh. The era of One Two Three ~ Brainstorming was the best because we got dance shots uploaded first which created hype. And those dances were super easy to learn. Idk all around it was a good time for MM

MizukiRina

Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users