Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#4381 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:07 AM

Interesting opinions about J=J.......being a mega Ruru fan I eventually see her taking over the group (after all the 20+ girls leave) so I see the group's future in her (and ReiRei's) hands. And, as good as she is, they'll do fine.

Anyway, my latest "unpopular opinion" is weight loss. I preferred Chel when she had more meat on her bones and I'm not overly pleased with this latest pic from Maro. Girl, start filling up on some carbs!

Attached Files

#4382 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:07 PM

I'm so-so about it. It's very difficult to become a popular member if you weigh just a little bit more than other members, so I understand why girls try to lose it. Unfortunately, there seems to be no healthy limit. With Chel at least we know that she lost most of it with sports and training and not with starving herself (which I think is visible; Sayuki did the same). In general, I think more girls are trying to tone their body nowadays, for example with weight training.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#4383 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

^^ I agree with the Chel thing, but Maro looks fantastic in this pic. Lately she is on the top of her beauty. 

And no, i´m not being ironic.  ^^;

#4384 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:11 PM

I'm not overly pleased with this latest pic from Maro. Girl, start filling up on some carbs!

This reminds me of a certain pic of Maro that made quite a stir.

The voluptuous eroticism of Maro

Fukuda%20Kanon-490997.jpg

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#4385 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:56 AM

Maro looked so good when she was thicc  <3

Now she just looks like every other girl. Not even her personality could make her attractive or stand out. Sorry but that's my opinion

Chel has lost weight yes. But she is so much healthier now. She lost it by doing weight training and not just starving herself like some other girls *cough*Haa-chin*cough*. So she still looks thicc as there was no muscle atrophy 

#4386 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:57 AM

The latter pic of Maro.......yes! She looked great like that.

As for others, there can be an issue of being too big (thankfully UF/H!P doesn't overly pressure the girls to lose weight), we know who they are w/o dropping names.

But I just have a problem with girls thinking they need to be super skinny when they look perfectly fine. Just use Fukuhime as a model, she's in perfect shape yet she's not skinny.

Chel is the only one in MM who I think looked better before. Yokoyan looks cute being a bit plump but she could stand to tone up her thighs a little bit.

Edit: I did recently see some of Chel's swimsuit pics from her PB (offshots?) and she looked perfectly fine, no complaints from me.

#4387 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:17 AM

I don't like how all H!P groups are now generational, apparently. I like it for Morning Musume, but do all H!P groups have to do it? I'd rather that old groups just died when most of the original members leave. New girls should get their own new groups with their own new songs. Unless a new girl is really exceptional, new members to existing groups just get like scraps of leftover attention from more established members.

#4388 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 05:49 AM

i agree! i feel like it also takes away from MM concept and it stops being special for both them and the groups becoming rotational.

to be completely honest i would like to see anju and juice closing their chapter eventually.

#4389 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:18 PM

^^ This. As much as I liked Nanami, I've lost any interest in J=J when they introduced 2nd gen

caCYGi9.jpg

#4390 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 01:16 PM

They really should graduate at least 2 girls from MM. I was watching Hina Fes and thought that the group still looked very full with 12 members, and didn’t looked like they were lacking.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#4391 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:56 PM

Rotational groups were fun when it seemed like they each had their own unique identity. Angerme used to have this thing where they would alternate between normal auditions, and adding full KSS generations, then it seemed like they would be keeping the group stable with nine members (more of a substitutional system than a generational system). 

I feel like the problem came when Ayano, Ruru, Kurumi, Reina, and Momohime were stuck in limbo and the company scrambled to find somewhere to put them, along with the situation with country girls. The solution became just shove the members into whichever rotational group has the space for them and call it a day. Now both groups feel more like the consolation prize for girls who are too popular to let go of but there isn't room to cram them into Morning Musume (because none of the senior MM members are graduating), nor the budget to let them go solo, or lead new groups. 

No shade on any of the post 2017 additions however. Ruru, and Ayano have grown into some of the best idols in the company. It's just I wish their additions hadn't started a trend in h!p management of adding new members to groups that don't need them. It throws off the group dynamic. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#4392 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:28 PM

They really should graduate at least 2 girls from MM. I was watching Hina Fes and thought that the group still looked very full with 12 members, and didn’t looked like they were lacking.

The thing is, the girls chose when they graduate, not the management.

Nowadays, leaving MM pretty much means leaving HaroPro, there is no back up plan, so any member who feels like she is not done with being an HP Idol won't want to leave. 

Back in the days, MM was more of a stepping stone before moving on to something else, think W or V-U-DEN (though this one is a special circonstance..) or going solo. There was plenty of money back then, now the situation is different and they can't keep adding new groups. Soloists won't do either.

Though, a new group lead by graduated MM member(s) would be cool.

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

#4393 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:37 PM

The thing is, the girls chose when they graduate, not the management.

Nowadays, leaving MM pretty much means leaving HaroPro, there is no back up plan, so any member who feels like she is not done with being an HP Idol won't want to leave. 

Back in the days, MM was more of a stepping stone before moving on to something else, think W or V-U-DEN (though this one is a special circonstance..) or going solo. There was plenty of money back then, now the situation is different and they can't keep adding new groups. Soloists won't do either.

Though, a new group lead by graduated MM member(s) would be cool.

Oops, forgot about the fact that it's the girls who decide when to graduate these days.

It's unfortunate that I can see none of the older girls leading new units. I feel like MM probably treats the girls very well these days since it's been forever since we've had a graduation (longest period in MM history without a graduation actually), and I don't want management to force girls to graduate or for them to treat girls worse, but it would be nice to see more lineup change. I'd especially like one of FuuSakuMaa to graduate. I'm not picky who, tbh.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#4394 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:53 PM

I wonder if the girls would even want to lead a new group given the option, seeing how Country Girls was treated as soon as Momochi was out the door. I was thinking Masaki could probs lead a group if she wanted, but I feel like any member leading a new group would want the other members to have a strong future without them. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#4395 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:00 AM

Probably unpopular, but this is actually my favorite Angerme lineup since they were 4nin S/mileage.

#4396 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:46 PM

^

I agree; I really liked 4nin S/mileage, and Maro was my only interest in 6nin.

Take-chan started growing on me and now I really like all the current members.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#4397 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:18 PM

I agree as well. I basically lost interest in S/mileage/Angerme after they weren't 4-nin and this is the first lineup that really drew me in.

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#4398 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:13 PM

It's crazy to think how much s/mileage has changed. Even tho I'm happy with how ANGERME has turned out, part of me wonders what H!P might have looked like today if Saki and Yuuka had never left. 

#4399 Sielde

Sielde

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 02:52 AM

A very shallow unpopular opinion, but here it goes: I know that Tanimoto Ami is generally seen as very beautiful, maybe one of the most beautiful members of H!P, but I just think she's kinda bland. I mean yes she's definitely good-looking, above average, but imo, just...too conventional? I've looked back at her younger pics and think she was pretty cute, so I think part of it is that I'm not really into the style of makeup she's been doing for a while.
MM: Yokoyan - Miki - Mei || ANGERME: Rikako - Ayano - Shion || J=J: Ruru - Riai || Tsubaki: Yuumi || BEYOOOOOONDS: Miyo - Rika

#4400 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 09:52 PM

^ Japanese audience likes the bland look. See Sayashi Riho. The minimalism of bland faces fits Japaneses' liking, also there is little to criticize on such a face.

On the contrary, I really like her makeup style though.

My UO, from reading the audition thread, is that I find Runo and Ebata perfectly placed and wouldn't have them switched at all.

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users