Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#4281 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:44 AM

i actually agree, she has one of the best faces from Momosu girls, she is stunning

#4282 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:28 AM

Kimagure Princess

Haha I thought about that.. It's kinda sad if she did that only because of this.

Maybe even the management requested this from her. To lose weight in time for the PV shooting and such. that would be aweful. ><

(sorry for going of topic in the thread, but it is an interesting subject..)

Here's a theory:

I feel like maybe the management told her early 2015, even before the new singles came out, to lose weight for their new image now that Sayumi has departed. Then she hurt her ankle and had to sit out for the video shootings, being replaced by karin in the Seishun probably pushed her even more to lose weight because of the backlash UFP was getting. UFP saw her progress in losing weight and decided to confirm their decision in making her center for Oh My Wish!

Early to mid 2015 was an exciting time for me as a Morning Musume fan. I miss those days...

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#4283 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:07 PM

H!PUO:

Even after the 15kis joined, Chii-chan is still the cutest member of MM.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#4284 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

13ki have made a stronger impact within the group than 12ki's, but i feel that 15ki's will be one of the strongest generations we've seen since 10th gen. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#4285 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:27 PM

^^^exactly my thoughts!!!!

#4286 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:48 AM

Done watching Hinafes, why the hell do they give Ayumi so many lines? I love the girl as a dancer but she’s certainly not a singer. Her tone is insanely annoying to listen to.

I mean, it’s not as if there wasn’t anyone who sounds better than she does. 

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#4287 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:52 AM

^hehe, that's far from an unpopular opinion. More like a rant. Her singing voice is definitely grating.

#4288 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:12 PM

pyoco pyoco ultra is a fun bop that will never get old. i'm even listening to it right now lol

#4289 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:53 AM

Sometimes I wonder how some MM members would do in a kpop group if they weren't in MM. 

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#4290 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:28 AM

UO:

Murotan wasn't as good a singer as people said she was.

Rikako wasn't as bad a singer as people said she was.

Ai-Ai just wasn't a singer.

#4291 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:47 AM

That first statement is definitely unpopular. 

The other two not so much

#4292 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:56 PM

I know how “Angerme” is supposed to be pronounced, but every time I see it I still read it as “anger-me” (like make me angry). Thought I would get used to it, but nope, still think it’s a dumb name. Apparently it sounds dumb in French too.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#4293 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:47 AM

i always read it like that too, and i dont even try the actual pronunciation bc i know i'll just sound stupid doing it lol. i prefer s/mileage a lot more but i get why they changed it (didn't really fit their cooler image), though if they were able to make it work with mystery night idk why it was that big of a problem

#4294 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:00 AM

i'm bored so heres some Unpopular Opinions™ lol (also ik this is a double post but the last post is older so like idk if this is allowed but i'll merge it if i need to)

• with the current lineup i really don't think there's a truly bad singer in momusu. even with the girls who are known for being bad singers (maria, akane, ayumi, yokoyan, etc) it's not like they're so bad it literally hurts to listen to them sing. i mean they're not sakura but at the same time they're not sayumi (and even then tbh sayumi wasn't that bad either, but that was probably the result of a lot of vocal lessons lol)
  • similar to the last i don't think anyone in tsubaki's bad at singing either, basically the same thing as above but with tsubaki. they all sound fine to me tbh, none of them are utahimes but they're decent singers and honestly singing isn't all there is to being an idol, or talent in general. i know h!p's known for being talented but they're also known for good music, and imo tsubaki has one of the best discographies in h!p which more than makes up for their singing
  • idk how unpopular this is if at all but i actually like the momusu renaming year thing, it's made remembering lineups and singles/albums a lot easier tbh. the only thing really annoying about it is how it messes up my lastfm scrobbles lmao
  • i honestly don't see kobushi/tsubaki as berikyuu successors, they just feel like their own thing. i mean of course there's the parallels (kobushi losing 3 members like c-ute, tsubaki having a solid lineup like berryz, etc) but their music and images are just way too different from berikyuu for me to see them as successors or anything. tbh i see beyooooonds and juice=juice as successors to berryz and c-ute more than kobushi/tsubaki

also one thought i had while writing this but it's not technically an unpopular opinion so it's under the cut:

Spoiler

i thought i had more but i'm blanking out so idk i'll just end it here

#4295 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 04:53 AM

here's mine: Kitario gets too much praise for her vocals lol, she is good, all of 15th gen are in my opinion, but i've seen people comparing her to Sakura, Sayubee or Ruru...she still needs to grow, and also, this started since their introduction when she said that she wanted one of Sakura's lines and everyone assumed she was an utahime without even hearing her first.I also think Homare sounded better during Only You in the auditions, but i do agree Rio has supassed her now, and Mei is also really good.

#4296 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:25 AM

New rule: All current and future Musume incarnations may perform past catalog songs only up to ten years prior. Everything older is locked in the vault for the OG groups. No more "Love Machine" and "Shabondama" for this generation. Let them carve their own million sellers.

--30--

乾杯 BABY!

#4297 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:10 PM

^

I would help fund this if it meant I wouldn't have to hear another performance of Love Machine again. Lol

I got a few of these:

1. H!P is going to struggle if they don't step up with releases. Even smaller idol groups can manage to squeeze in at least two releases a year. And now that the idol market is getting so saturated with both J-pop idols and K-pop idols who are releasing in Japan, H!P is going to fall behind more in the market than they already are.
  2. They also need to start pushing Tsubaki Factory and BEYOOOOONDS a lot more. Out of all the H!P groups currently, I feel like these two are the ones who are consistently selling well (Tsubaki) and the ones who are gaining public recognition (BEYOOOOONDS). If H!P isn't going to bother to promote their flagship group, they might as well start promoting their other two solid groups.
  3. I know this might sound rude, but the best thing that could happen to Morning Musume right now is the 9th~11th generation leaving. I love them (especially 9ki) but until they leave, the remaining 9 will remain non-existent in singles. The 12th gen has been in the group for close to six years, but really don't have much to show for it. I'm confident that they could hold their own but I feel like a combination of the same singers and the group's rigid hierarchy is holding them back.  

#4298 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 09:53 PM

I also agree. H!P needs more releases and 9-11ki needs to go. I love 9-11ki, and 15ki helps, but it feels like the group's been stagnating for the last few years.

Also yes please please PLEASE no more Love Machine.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#4299 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:43 PM

Lately (since late 2019) I also got the feeling that a lot of 9-11ki girls are just... over their prime. Masaki shines, and Ikuta had a big glow up last year, but the other 3 are stagnating or even... getting worse.

Ayumi could have gone into dancing and doing choreographies (or go the Riho/Funakki way, just later maybe), but she's stuck with MM's good but not exactly challenging choreographies.

Sakura is a great singer and the top of H!P definitely, but she's been on that level for years. She could have gone into professional singing (like Ayaka does now), but she's missed the mark.

And Mizuki, well, she's been on that level for 5 years now, basically since Riho graduated.

I often wonder what 12th gen would be like if they actually had to step up their game. Sayumi got a big appreciation boost around the time it became clear she was going to become the next leader. Mizuki has grown a lot since Sayumi graduated, as did the other girls from 9th to 11th gen. 12th gen however has been stuck in the junior department despite being in the group for nearly six years.

Just as a reminder, 12th gen joined/debuted before:

- Anju 3rd gen (Maho aside, Rikako pretty much is ANGERME at this point visually and Mizuki is already doing the next step in her career) and 4th gen (Moe needs to be mentioned as well, since she's been in a similar place of seniority to 12th gen)

- all of Country Girls besides Momoko (All of them have become legends in their own way)

- Kobushi Factory

- Tsubaki Factory

Maria is pretty popular of course, but neither Miki nor Akane have broken out of their shell yet. After six years.

(This is nothing against the girls, but mostly against management or rather Morning Musume's strict hierarchy system.)

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#4300 reinayokos

reinayokos

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:25 PM

New rule: All current and future Musume incarnations may perform past catalog songs only up to ten years prior. Everything older is locked in the vault for the OG groups. No more "Love Machine" and "Shabondama" for this generation. Let them carve their own million sellers.

--30--

Lol i agree with this. I don't like MM performing Shabondama at all now, they should retire every old song sung by Golden Era and do something from their recent years.

48G + H!P =  <3

my ultimate idol: watanabe mayu 

yokoyama reina  kobayashi honoka kitagawa rio  sato masaki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users