Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#4221 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:28 AM

^I guess i can kinda relate to that? I loved funakki in CG but she's dead last in my Anju rankings rip 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#4222 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:56 AM

Mine is worse, i love Country Girl's Morito but i "hate" Momusu's Morito.  

^ same. Unless an idol is assaulting me during a handshake, there's no reason to hate her. At worst, I'm indifferent, but no hate.

Man, If an Idol assaulted me during a handshake, she'd become my absolutely kamioshi for the rest of my f*****g life.  :ph34r:  

I was talking literal assault, not sexual assault.

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#4223 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:32 PM

You'd be surprised at what some people find appealing  :c18:

#4224 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

^I guess i can kinda relate to that? I loved funakki in CG but she's dead last in my Anju rankings rip 

Idk what is it with Funa but she is the only of the transfers that feels out of place. Like she is obviously in the right place as in how her character is and how she totally fits as an Angerme member, but idk! Like, somehow I didn't want Ayano in Angerme but totally warmed up to her and feel she adds something and blends in really well, but with Funa I can't see it even if she obviously fits lol. Maybe it's cause her character type was kinda covered in Angerme by many people? 

It's weird but I think it's not happening to many people, most were weirded out about Nanami and I was totally fine with her in JJ.  

As for not liking members, it kinda happens. I've experienced warming up to some members but tbh there are some that up to this day I wouldn't have debuted, even if I think they are nice people. I don't like when said member is definitely good at something and your dislike for the member kinda blurs that? Like for instance, I don't dislike Moe but I also don't like her as much as I want to, yet I know her vocals are more than good. When it comes to someone I kinda dislike (to name someone, I can't see anything appealing in Riko) I try to mention said member as little as possible. Sometimes  it will revert in time (like Minami!) but if it doesn't you'll keep adding how much you dislike said member or wish she didn't get certain parts, so it just adds negativity that's useless. It is definitely hard if the member is a lead though, and even more if she is a lead and you feel she doesn't have the skills for it. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#4225 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:05 AM

I've certainly felt apathy towards members where I've had minimal exposure, but I can't say I've ever actively disliked them.  I've certainly never hated a member so much that I would voice harsh negativity towards them for their fans to see.  When I see some of the more pointed negativity towards specific members sometimes, it's disarming because it falls outside of my expectations.  If I wouldn't want people disparaging someone I care about, I wouldn't want to make someone else feel that way either.  Disliking the attitudes of some of their fans or how a large portion of their fans may talk them up while putting down others is something that comes up often enough that frustration towards those fans is something that I can understand.

As for general apathy, I'm mostly cured of that by exposure.  Maria is a perfect example since I didn't have that much of an interest in her for quite a while.  As far as I could tell, she was just someone that liked baseball, had heavy push from the office, and got a lot of magazine/photobook opportunities.  She was popular, and that means money, so it never bothered me that she got attention, lines, etc.  The more I listened to her or got to laugh at her antics though, she grew on me just as everyone in the H!P family does.  By this time... a year and a half ago I think, I didn't have much of an opinion on Risamaru either, because I'd only ever seen her in Triangle or in the occasional solo shot for the Tsubaki indies.  Now I think she is hilarious and appeals perfectly to my sense of humor.  It takes waiting for something of a "flavor of the week" kind of moment like that for me to start warming up to some members and to really click with them, but with the nature of idols, it just never bothered that someone else was popular.  Once that moment does happen though, they are like family, and I only want the best for them both inside and outside of Hello! Project.

Edit: ^Note, this wasn't directed at this particular round of conversation specifically, but more on the general idea of disliking or feeling apathy towards idols.

#4226 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but once Harunan graduates, I think MM should allow the girls to change their member colours if they want too.. Of course, most of them probably won't bother like but I feel like the newer/younger members might want to have a colour that they missed out on having due to past members of the group. Also, the colour scheme is looking kinda dark right now when you get rid of 3 bright colours in a row lol. Maria could finally grab 'Sayu's Pink'. Akane or Reina could decide on either Orange or Yellow. The option for Reina or Haachin's blue is still there, and though unpopular, Green is an option too. 

#4227 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

I know it's called gold but Reina is definitely yellow when it comes to everything from clothes to goods. Gold would be well...goldenish which it kinda never is. And why Haruna's yellow became light yellow all of a sudden.

I think the colours fit them good I don't think they need any change, I would have given Green to Kaga though. Maria as light pink was a mistake. Should have given her plain pink. Especially with Chii's white in the group now.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#4228 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

The whole thing of "we can't give a new member the same colour as a recently graduated member, so lets just give them the same colour but call it something different" is effing stupid. I don't see a huge need for a colour shuffle right now but if it would be to get rid of that system I'd be down.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#4229 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 07:06 PM

^Agreed. I mean, Kaede's color is red. Calling it "Italian Red" out of some fear of offending Riho fans is stupid.  Like I can see how it might be necessary to distinguish between "Light Blue" and "Dark Blue" if you have two different shades of a color in the group, but other than that, just stick to normal color names.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#4230 cjkuma

cjkuma

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

I feel like we see a lot more growth from girls who join ANGERME and other H!P groups as opposed to Morning Musume.

Like, as much as I love Haga (probably my 2nd favorite Momusu member ATM) for example; I feel that Muro and Rikako (who joined around the same time) have just grown so much more than her as performers. I attribute that to the fact that other units really do try and spread out the chances that the members get in terms of solos, dance positions, and other stuff like that. 

I'm not saying that Momusu just breeds a bunch of talentless idols either, because they have had some girls come in AWFUL and end up becoming a really great member; it's just that when I look at the growth of members in other units, I feel like there's a definite difference and I can't help but feel like that's because the other units try to give everyone a little bit of focus.

i mean eri has been a member this long and hasnt been the focus of a single song

Morning MusumeKaga KaedeMorito ChisakiIikubo Haruna / ANGERME:  Katsuta Rina, Takeuchi Akari. Kawamura Ayano

Juice=Juice: Miyazaki YukaMiyamoto Karin, Kanazawa Tomoko / Tsubaki Factory: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, Ono Mizuho

Country Girls: Ozeki Mai / Kobushi Factory: Wada Sakurako, Hirose Ayaka / Other: Kiyono Momohime, Takase Kurumi

KSS: Ono Kotomi, Yonemura Kirara

#4231 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:09 PM

but honestly, Akane has grown more than Muro or Rikako, not cause she is a better performe, obviously, but Muro and Rikako were good since the beggining while Akane was pretty bad and grew into a nice performer

#4232 Althea

Althea

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:28 PM

But I think the point they are trying to make is that out of all of the H!P groups MM is the one that gives the “background girls” the least amount of chances to shine. Maybe during concerts they have more lines but in singles it feels like now it is mainly Mizuki, Sakura, Masaki, and now Maria. Maria has been getting a lot of push lately because of her popularity but her gen mates have barely been featured in singles.

#4233 Xxevilbunnyxx

Xxevilbunnyxx

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

Honestly, I think majority of MM (starting from 9th gen to now) background girls didn’t have the right amount of talent for the company to depend on them enough like how they would with Riho (performance), Sakura (singing), or Ayumi ( dancing); Miki had the voice but management was t ready to use her yet.

Compare to AM majority of the girls had the talent to perform or sing (expect 2nd gen, excluding Meimei). Though, I also think vocally they weren’t much better than any other group due to the lack of vocal powerhouse (which was Meimei and now muro & Funaki). Akane to me, wasn’t even close to muro and a bit behind Risako in terms of talent and performance.

Plus if the management did a better job the background girls would be useful for tv or variety, especially if the girl wasn’t suited to singing, dancing, or just performing to at least above average. Like any team a coach would put out their best players and only give the lesser players when it’s most appropriate to suit that person’s skill set to help slowly hold their performance.

#4234 cjkuma

cjkuma

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:18 AM

But I think the point they are trying to make is that out of all of the H!P groups MM is the one that gives the “background girls” the least amount of chances to shine. Maybe during concerts they have more lines but in singles it feels like now it is mainly Mizuki, Sakura, Masaki, and now Maria. Maria has been getting a lot of push lately because of her popularity but her gen mates have barely been featured in singles.

This is what I'm getting at pretty much. I think there is a point in saying that a girl is probably a back girl because she can't sing or dance, but I think you won't see improvement if you never give them the chance to even try. I've sat through Momusu concerts that have like, a 20 song setlist and some girls will get ONE solo throughout that entire thing.

I think they need to take a page out of ANGERME's book where the songs on their singles have a focus on like 2-4 girls each. I don't see why Furari Ginza couldn't have given solos to like half of the group, and then Jiyuu could have given solos to the other half WHILE keeping the FukuOdaMaa front girl antics.

Morning MusumeKaga KaedeMorito ChisakiIikubo Haruna / ANGERME:  Katsuta Rina, Takeuchi Akari. Kawamura Ayano

Juice=Juice: Miyazaki YukaMiyamoto Karin, Kanazawa Tomoko / Tsubaki Factory: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, Ono Mizuho

Country Girls: Ozeki Mai / Kobushi Factory: Wada Sakurako, Hirose Ayaka / Other: Kiyono Momohime, Takase Kurumi

KSS: Ono Kotomi, Yonemura Kirara

#4235 Althea

Althea

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

This is what I'm getting at pretty much. I think there is a point in saying that a girl is probably a back girl because she can't sing or dance, but I think you won't see improvement if you never give them the chance to even try. I've sat through Momusu concerts that have like, a 20 song setlist and some girls will get ONE solo throughout that entire thing.

I think they need to take a page out of ANGERME's book where the songs on their singles have a focus on like 2-4 girls each. I don't see why Furari Ginza couldn't have given solos to like half of the group, and then Jiyuu could have given solos to the other half WHILE keeping the FukuOdaMaa front girl antics.
I completely agree. Reminds me so much of my love-hate relationship with Resonant Blue. One of my all time favorite MM songs but in the MV or performed at concerts it’s a two person show with backup dancers. I get the whole “but those girls are the strongest singers and are meant to be in the front” but a part of what makes idol groups so special, at least to a fan like me, is finding something to love in each girl. Getting to follow them and watch them grow. But with MM it’s almost frustrating if you like a back girl. Kanon was my oshi for the longest time and then she graduated. Then Maa became my new oshi and she just SO happened to blow up in popularity which I couldn’t have predicted. My other favorites being Haga and Yokoyan I feel bad that they’ve had hardly any solo lines (more understandable for Yokoyan since she’s newer). And I get that idol groups are not ALL about singing, but coming from a MM fan we need more singles like “Oh My Wish!” Where they experiment with other girls in the group.

#4236 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

When it comes down to it, it's pretty crap to be in a group for 4+ or 7+ years and you only have a couple solo lines or feature songs to your name. Since Anju was formed they have made an effort to make the line distribution and camera focus equal for the most part, and it's clearly working in their favor for all of the girls. MM on the other hand have a clear hierarchy distribution system where, unless you're above average in skills like Riho, Ayumi, and Sakura were, you will be placed in the back until the older members graduate. Apart from Eripon and Harunan who seem to be forever back girls, 12th gen onward have to wait a long time until they get the spotlight, and until a leader or a member of staff steps up and makes smaller attempts to change that, this system isn't going to change anytime soon. 2015 was a step in the right direction but then they took 3 steps back once Riho graduate, which I don't understand at all as that would have been the perfect time to experiment some more with all those lines and center positions going begging but whatever lol 

#4237 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:17 AM

^You put everything I was going to say in a wayyyyy more civilized way.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#4238 Althea

Althea

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

I don’t think they are utilizing Ishida Ayumi’s voice enough in singles. Out of all of the girls in the current lineup she has the most standout, unique voice. Not the strongest but her voice always adds something to a song. I don’t know how to explain it. In a way it reminds me of Risa and how unique her voice was in the Platinum era lineup.

#4239 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1249 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:15 PM

I don’t think they are utilizing Ishida Ayumi’s voice enough in singles. Out of all of the girls in the current lineup she has the most standout, unique voice. Not the strongest but her voice always adds something to a song. I don’t know how to explain it. In a way it reminds me of Risa and how unique her voice was in the Platinum era lineup.

I don't know, Haruka and Kanon had somewhat deeper voices like Ayumi, and they were more controlled. I only listen to Renai Hunter updates, and cringe at Ayumi struggling to sing her lines. Yes, in the right song her voice could be nice, but usually she just sounds like she's struggling... or maybe that's the way her voice always sounds.

MRkgm6i.png

#4240 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3175 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

Just to kind of touch on the member color thing (sorry to drag it up when the convo has clearly shifted), I never pay mind to the color names. Before 9th gen's addition, depending on the tour, they'd change color tones for members all the time. Aika might've been any shade of purple, Risa a lime or medium green, Linlin teal or more of Reina's later light blue, and Sayumi any damn shade of pink on the spectrum. Seriously, look at Aika's purple on the cover of Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game and then check Erina's purple for Niigaki's graduation tour DVD cover. Same shade, only Aika's color mysteriously went light purple without any fanfare. For the Rival Survival tour, Sayu was a hot pink, then Mizuki joined and she went to light pink. More recently, we see it all the time with Masaki's color... I don't think they even know what emerald green looks like sometimes lol.

My bet is that Akane's color becomes a more standard orange and Reina's your typical yellow. A small color shuffle would be good if only to get Morito something other than white lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users