Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#3821 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

I find it a little funny that other people think it's funny that there are people who have a more liberal, healthy and widespread stance on what it means to be beautiful than they do.

But different strokes, I guess.

#3822 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

I find it a little funny that other people think it's funny that there are people who have a more liberal, healthy and widespread stance on what it means to be beautiful than they do.

But different strokes, I guess.

That's not what I meant. I meant that they don't understand that Japanese idol fans, as a whole, do not share their views. My opinion or your opinion is going to have zero influence on who management decides to push in a group.

And someone who is baffled that say, Sakurako, who is quite a good singer, doesn't get given many solo lines by management. Or that Ogawa Makoto, who was a great overall performer was dropped as a push. Or, Miyazaki Miho or Tashima Meru in AKB being dropped as a push,  to bring up some outside examples.  They don't realize that weight is a big part of it.  What matters is the opinion of the Japanese fans and management and they generally do not appreciate idols who are overweight.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#3823 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:59 AM

I find it a little funny that there are people out there that thinks being a bit on the heavy side for an idol is okay when they are in an image-driven industry and culture in where they also take part in many physical activities including dancing.

We should be thinking about what is best for the idols, not what WE think is best for them.

#3824 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

fat people can dance

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#3825 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

I think it's a little funny how some people still endorse the "bigger people can't do anything sporty" mindset.
Also chubby girls are literally a type, so if you want to cater to the largest audience possible, ya need a chubby girl lol

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#3826 Siiseli

Siiseli

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

From what I saw, no one said fat people can't dance etc. It's just that most Japanese fans don't like their idols on the bigger side, which directly affects their popularity and the opportunities they are given. No one's saying they deserve it, but that's the reality of it and there isn't much we can do about it.

To avoid too much off-topic discussion, have a very unpopular opinion:

Tanaka Reina does not have a pleasant singing voice, and hasn't had since around Kanashimi Twilight came out.

#3827 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

I find it a little funny that there are people out there that thinks being a bit on the heavy side for an idol is okay when they are in an image-driven industry and culture in where they also take part in many physical activities including dancing.

We should be thinking about what is best for the idols, not what WE think is best for them.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#3828 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

I think it's a little funny that people find it funny when people say or do things and continue to say that they find it funny.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#3829 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

This conversation is getting weird! :unsure:

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#3830 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

I think it's a little funny that people find it funny when people say or do things and continue to say that they find it funny.

WE CAN GO FURTHER!!!  :w00t:

I find it funny when people find it a little funny when people say or do things and continue to say that they find it funny.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#3831 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:29 AM

I think it's a little funny how some people still endorse the "bigger people can't do anything sporty" mindset.
Also chubby girls are literally a type, so if you want to cater to the largest audience possible, ya need a chubby girl lol

From what I saw, no one said fat people can't dance etc. It's just that most Japanese fans don't like their idols on the bigger side, which directly affects their popularity and the opportunities they are given. No one's saying they deserve it, but that's the reality of it and there isn't much we can do about it.

8ae.gif

#3832 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:22 AM

I find it funny when people find it a little funny when people say or do things and continue to say that they find it funny.
I find it funny when you find it funny when people find it a little funny when people say or do things and continue to say that they find it funny.

#3833 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

I find it funny that i may have misunderstood something, I apologize :)

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#3834 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

I find it funny when you find it funny when people find it a little funny when people say or do things and continue to say that they find it funny.

I find it funny when you find it funny when they find it funny that I find it funny when people say or do things and continue to say that they find it funny.

I can't stop laughing.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#3835 arcothewonderdog

arcothewonderdog

6th gen member

• Validating
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Tanaka Reina does not have a pleasant singing voice, and hasn't had since around Kanashimi Twilight came out.

I 10000% agree. She's very talented and has amazing control of her voice, but she used to have such a passionate, ringing kind of tone to her voice that she changed out for that kind of... breathy, weaker, almost kind of "old lady" sound that just does her no justice at all. Her Memory Seishun no Hikari from the Best Shot was gold that she'd never really be able to best again in my opinion, which I find a shame since I adored her voice during her early years.

Sometimes I wonder if she purposefully changed it because she and Eri started to sound a lot more alike as Eri improved as well.

#3836 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

Idk if this is unpopular, but I find Katsuta a better singer than Nakanishi lol

I8dtEOy.gif

#3837 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

Idk if this is unpopular, but I find Katsuta a better singer than Nakanishi lol

This is the most disrespectful post I've ever seen.

Spoiler

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#3838 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

They both have good voices, they're just different styles.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#3839 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

This isn't really an unpopular opinion, but it's a thought I had that I'm not sure that many people share (more like an uncommon opinion?)

I would really like to see a unit made up of Haga Akane, Ozeki Mai, and Sasaki Rikako. I just think those 3 would be really cute and energetic together. Perhaps if I'm really lucky it will get picked as a hinafest unit.

#3840 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

^ I would love to see that, though i’d add Natsumi as well.

For Rina, she’s pretty much at the bottom of my top but i love her voice, one of my favorite voice from the group with Moe and Akari XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users