Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#3541 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

^ NP, NP. She's my oshimen, but it's not really bias... They named her the ace in interviews and articles. Aichan was referred to as the leader (and I guess, also center) so I think that's the only reason they named her the ace... the leader can't also be the ace? or smth lol.

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#3542 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

Nonaka Miki's voice > Sato

Proud Usachan Creep

#3543 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

^ NP, NP. She's my oshimen, but it's not really bias... They named her the ace in interviews and articles. Aichan was referred to as the leader (and I guess, also center) so I think that's the only reason they named her the ace... the leader can't also be the ace? or smth lol.

Takahashi wasn't always the management favorite of her gen. Reina was, if you don't count Miki. I think that contributes a lot to that particular thinking, although Takahashi took over her gen mates pretty quickly.

#3544 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

Nonaka Miki's voice > Sato

I totally agree.  She is still behind both Sakura and Mizuki in the group right now, but with experience and opportunity she will surpass both of them in due time.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#3545 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:10 AM

UO: I find Miss Henka annoying. I love Maaduu, but i really don't think they sound good in it. the Miss Henkaaa~ part always sounds just a little off for me. 

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#3546 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

... nobody just draws your eye to her the way Riho did on stage ...

To be perfectly honest, I never understood the Riho hype. Only reason my eye was drawn to her was because they stuck her in red (the most eye-catching color) and had her in front dancing/singing as the camera's focus. Otherwise, I don't feel her dancing or singing was that spectacular - but perhaps that's because I'm spoiled by K-POP dancing and H!P dances are nothing special. She did a good job being thrust out there, but I never felt like "omg this is an ace". 

#3547 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

^ I feel like I might be biased, but the reason Riho became my oshi is because I literally couldn't notice anyone else as much as her on stage. She just had that confidence in her eyes and dancing that no one else had at that time (IMO)

I agree about the Kpop thing, but they shouldn't be compared. Idol choregraphies aren't anywhere near as complex. If they were trained like Kpop idols from a young age, they could definitely develop more than they do now.

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#3548 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

^I really believe that being an idol held Riho back from her full potential as a dancer.  She might have benefited more being in LDH, but then again we would not have enjoyed seeing her as an ace in MM.  And yes, she was one.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#3549 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

... nobody just draws your eye to her the way Riho did on stage ...

To be perfectly honest, I never understood the Riho hype. Only reason my eye was drawn to her was because they stuck her in red (the most eye-catching color) and had her in front dancing/singing as the camera's focus. Otherwise, I don't feel her dancing or singing was that spectacular - but perhaps that's because I'm spoiled by K-POP dancing and H!P dances are nothing special. She did a good job being thrust out there, but I never felt like "omg this is an ace".
I can see why a Japanese dude would fawn over her but I'm always surprised when literally anyone else bought into the major hype. Other than dancing she was outclassed by other members in every other category.

#3550 Friday

Friday

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

Takahashi wasn't always the management favorite of her gen. Reina was, if you don't count Miki. I think that contributes a lot to that particular thinking, although Takahashi took over her gen mates pretty quickly.
(Aichan was 5th gen, not 6th gen but I'm not sure if you meant those to be 2 seperate statements) but you're def right. Makoto surprisingly was management's favorite before Aichan took her spot not even a few singles later.

Honestly Riho mostly stood out because MM had just lost 3 members and needed someone 'GOOD' to take the future spotlight from Ai and Reina whom everyone swore was graduating soon. She was the best of the 5 girls from what we saw of the auditions so at the time her being deemed 'ace' made sense.

I truly wonder though, if Riho had joined MM at an earlier gen (pre-6th gen) would she be considered an ace, or just a really good dancer?

#3551 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

(Aichan was 5th gen, not 6th gen but I'm not sure if you meant those to be 2 seperate statements) but you're def right. Makoto surprisingly was management's favorite before Aichan took her spot not even a few singles later.

Honestly Riho mostly stood out because MM had just lost 3 members and needed someone 'GOOD' to take the future spotlight from Ai and Reina whom everyone swore was graduating soon. She was the best of the 5 girls from what we saw of the auditions so at the time her being deemed 'ace' made sense.

I truly wonder though, if Riho had joined MM at an earlier gen (pre-6th gen) would she be considered an ace, or just a really good dancer?

I read it as two different statements. Even Risa was favored over her at first. It was Makoto -> Risa -> Aichan -> Asami. Aichan overtook the others and took a very big role in MM quickly as she developed her skills more.

I think she would still be a generation favourite, because they liked her shy awkward charm, and the gap between her stage persona and her real self. Kinda like Aichan, in a sense, despite the talent levels being totally different. Ace though? I don't know about that, but remember, they considered Abe an ace.....lol. Abe was bland and IMO never the best singer/dancer/personality in the group at any point... Riho has her dancing skills at least, her goofy personality, and her cute traditional looks. 

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#3552 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

If talent and personality doesn't matter I guess ace is just someone who is more popular than the rest. Since Riho left the front girls have been kinda equal, that's why we haven't had an ace since.

#3553 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

I'm sorry this isn't directed towards anyone in particular, but I hate when Miki's personality just gets limited to her ability to speak English. It's prominent in her career because that's literally how she was introduced when she first joined, "the first Morning Musume member to be fluent in English" (that was active in the group). Just like how Maria's baseball fandom is a prominent part of her career, or Sakura as the utahime. It's been shown time and time again that Miki has somewhat of a character outside of her English speaking ability, her awkwardness and her clumsiness. Yeah, it's not as shown off as her English but it's still there if you watch any interaction Miki has made, ever. I don't know, it's just silly to me to complain about her English character when you're not really trying to get to know her beyond that because believe it or not, homegirl does have substance.

Usually I'll call out "vent" posts but I like Miki so I'll reply anyway.

If her character is knowing English and she gets screen time I'm all for it. Miki's a dork, even some casual fans know that. Yeah but how many times do MM appear in mass media to show her dorkiness?

Even without media you can also get them in shows lead by the idols themselves so they can be themselves. It'd be nice if MM got their own show, even if it's just on Youtube or something.

NOTICE HOW OUR COMPLAINTS ABOUT H!P IDOLS IN SOME WAY SHAPE OR FORM LEAD BACK TO THE MANAGEMENT???????

Really gets the noggin joggin

#3554 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

I didn't get the Riho hype until I saw them live, and then I couldn't look away. It wasn't her talent, she just had a special charisma that most idols don't have imo. I also think it might not be as obvious in videos?

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#3555 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

Takahashi was and always will be my ace

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#3556 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

For the first time ever, I had someone in the active membership tie Ai-chan in my ranking battle this month and it made me feel a little sad.  Although I still follow the professional careers of former MM members, most of their career still exists within the vacuum of their time with H!P for me.  Once she ends up releasing another CM, I'm certain it'll push her well back into the lead, but it just disturbs me to think how much I'm affected by the excitement of the present in being able to rival such a long-standing bias.  Most people have nostalgia goggles, but I seem to just have tunnel vision.

#3557 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:00 AM

I didn't get the Riho hype until I saw them live, and then I couldn't look away. It wasn't her talent, she just had a special charisma that most idols don't have imo. I also think it might not be as obvious in videos?

She was pretty funny too.

A really goofy girl who just stole the scene every time she entered.

SHE'S ONE OF THE BEST ACE IN RECENT HISTORY HATERS GONNA HATE

#3558 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:09 AM

H!PUO:

I really liked Tsubaki's OL outfits.

Hello_Project-671254.jpg

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#3559 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

A lot of talk about her skill but let's not forget that a big reason she became an ace was because she looked adorable upon entering the group. Sayu was swooning over her.

#3560 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yupp, she was adorable. And she already had fans from her time at ASH.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users