Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#3321 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:13 AM

I feel like Haachin's voice would be better suited for cute songs, like old S/mileage type songs. But it's Morning Musume, so that's probably not going to happen. lol

I feel like the most overrated Morning Musume song for me is Silver no Udedokei. I never have cared for it, but it seems to be pretty popular.

#3322 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

I just need some insight here, but what do you guys honestly think is the most overrated Morning Musume song? In my opinion, I think it's Wakuteka Take A Chance. I know they don't perform it 24/7 like One Two Three, Love Machine or RR21 but it's still kinda prominent among their tours and it's honestly not a good song overall. It's very dull for an EDM song in my opinion, and the dance isn't as good as One Two Three/Help me!!/Brainstorming/Wagamama/Ai no Gundan/What is LOVE?/Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai/Password is 0. It was one of the lowest selling songs of the Colorful Era so I hope after a while they just stop performing it since it isn't one of the most iconic singles of that era.

Definetly a lot of truth in this. Wakuteke take a Chance is remembered fondly partially because it came during the peak of CE music. If Seishun Kozou was swapped with it people's perceptions would be different

MizukiRina

Twitter

#3323 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

Nanchatte Renai is pretty boring, Tokisora is just ok not the masterpiece a lot of ppl describe, Aruiteru, Kanashimi Twilight

#3324 SZA

SZA

the love galore

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:54 AM

What is love, Wagamama, tokisora are overrated.
Sato Masaki <3 Ishida Ayumi

#3325 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

UO: Wakuteka take a chance better than One Two Three

#3326 Chibishi

Chibishi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

I've honestly hardly liked any members in Morning Musume from the 7th gen and on..... :whistle: (really just 2 or 3)

VM0mgGh.png

My new graphics thread >here<

#3327 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

>Ogata is the worst singer in MM

> mfw

The reality is the whole dang group needs better training or singers but Ikuta is still the worst singer in MM

#3328 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

^Which makes me want to add another unpopular opinion... which you might share... ^^;

Ikuta's singing is still bad and it annoys me to no end that people put her in the "decent singer" group nowadays. She's got a more powerful voice than other members but she's still off many times and her voice is annoyingly nasal.

(The mukidashi recordings might not be an indicator here though... because most members sounded horrible here ^^;)

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#3329 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

A pleasant voice will get you far in the fandom. A lot of people still act like high pitch = bad, low pitch = almost Adele.

She's not the only nasal voice that gets a lot of credit, though. Rina gets quite a bit of praise for her singing too. As does Kana, and to a lesser extent Rikako.

#3330 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:12 AM

low pitch = almost Adele.

tumblr_njclckWB0z1t7knc5o2_250.gif

LOL

Kana and Rina arent too bad tho.

I havent heard of anyone praising Rikako of her singing. I stan Rikako and I think her singing needs work

#3331 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

I read some praises towards Rikako, especially in the song with Moe-Muro and some praises were kinda over the top especially compared to Moe/Muro. I do think she has improved her singing in a decent kind of way for one of the worst singers of the group. Like, she doesn't sound off tune or strains much but she isn't good either for her to get more than she gets or ignored the best singers for her to get that line. 

Ikuta to me has shown the most improvement regarding the bad singers (like her line in I'm Lucky Girl sounded great compared to Fukuchan imo) enough for her to not to be that girl that sounds awful that stands out for that in particular, which is why I think people react better to how she sings at least one liners than with other girls. Like, she is in a group that has some good moments but generally you won't trust them with hard lines and even with simple lines they can sound weird (Maria, Ayumi). Before she was less than the average singers and of the two worse. I wouldn't say she is good but I think she won't butcher a one liner. 

I don't see how Ogata could be worse than Ikuta currently, at all. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#3332 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:07 AM

>Ogata is the worst singer in MM
> mfw

The reality is the whole dang group needs better training or singers but Ikuta is still the worst singer in MM

I know this is an opinionated thread but are you tone deaf or...? You'd put Ogata over Ikuta? Like neither are great singers but Ogata doesn't top a single member in the group lol

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#3333 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

The stars have to align for Erina to sound good but it's possible, and the stars are aligning a lot more often lately.

I think all of the girls in ANGERME are competent enough to handle the way they divvy up lines. Akari gets the biggest lines because shes guaranteed to handle them. However I don't have a lot of faith in Ayano just yet but I would love to be proven wrong.

MizukiRina

Twitter

#3334 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:28 AM

I read some praises towards Rikako, especially in the song with Moe-Muro and some praises were kinda over the top especially compared to Moe/Muro. I do think she has improved her singing in a decent kind of way for one of the worst singers of the group. Like, she doesn't sound off tune or strains much but she isn't good either for her to get more than she gets or ignored the best singers for her to get that line. 

Ikuta to me has shown the most improvement regarding the bad singers (like her line in I'm Lucky Girl sounded great compared to Fukuchan imo) enough for her to not to be that girl that sounds awful that stands out for that in particular, which is why I think people react better to how she sings at least one liners than with other girls. Like, she is in a group that has some good moments but generally you won't trust them with hard lines and even with simple lines they can sound weird (Maria, Ayumi). Before she was less than the average singers and of the two worse. I wouldn't say she is good but I think she won't butcher a one liner. 

I don't see how Ogata could be worse than Ikuta currently, at all. 

Rikako is a talk singer which is always going to work against her until she works her way out of it, especially since I think just her general tone won't ever lend well to being a lead. It's not even an issue of technique, she just stands out like a sore thumb because she's 16 but sometimes sounds like she smoked a pack before recording. Whereas I don't see Eripon ever getting any praise from someone who doesn't lean towards MM more than the other groups lol. I think a lot of the 9th gen fans are building her up now that the two who were most popular with the western fans are gone.

Also Ogata couldn't even talk in rhythm when she first joined, and I just want to say that that is a special kind of bad.

#3335 Chuchusummerparty

Chuchusummerparty

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

UO: Wakuteka take a chance better than One Two Three

I agree! Wakuteka is one of my favourite CE songs.

#3336 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

^ What? This is an unpopular opinion?? Wakuteka is awesome compared to the mess that is OTT, in my opinion XD. To this day I can't understand why One Two Three of all songs managed to start the upswing for Morning Musume. I completely and utterly despise it XD

6DYNteh.png

#3337 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

You know what... you guys probably all thought that Pyoko Pyoko Jump was a good debut single so I'm not even gonna get mad.

Spoiler

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#3338 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

As for why I feel OTT got popular:

Semi-fashionable member-color themed outfits (easier to tell members apart), easy to remember hook (no weird syncopation like Only You), easy to remember dance (big increase in the odottemita on youtube), newish sound (though really, even Ren'ai Hunter started the new sound), and launched at a fashion show (lots of buzz over this new song they were performing) lol. It had a lot of things going for it that are friendly to the general public.

My UO on overrated songs? This Wakacchanai song. I seem to be the only person who could do with never hearing it again (or any original song from the 14th album).

#3339 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

My overrated answer will always be JKM. It was actually one of my first MM songs and to this date is still my least favorite. 

#3340 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

UO: OTT was only good with Reina in it, after she left they somehow managed to autotune it even further and without her presence and vocals it overall doesnt really feel like the same song.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users