Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#2801 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:41 AM

Country Girls only have one good song in their discography, Koi wa Magnet. The group is stale even though it has an ever changing lineup.

Mousou Rehearsal  ;) Nice try..

MizukiRina

Twitter

#2802 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

I have to agree Country Girls don't interest me at all. I've listened to their songs and I have Doo Datte Ii no and Good Boy Bad Girl and even then I skip them now and all of their other songs are meh :/

Don't know whether it's an unpopular opinion but despite what people seem to think I think J=J has had a lot of great treatment even if their singles have had the longest amount of time between them.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#2803 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Country Girls only have one good song in their discography, Koi wa Magnet. The group is stale even though it has an ever changing lineup.

that song is a joke compared to the absolute masterpiece that were their first 2 singles

g8aHT2F.gif

#2804 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

I feel like J=J being treated badly is more of a foreign fandom thing? Because a lot of the things they've done between singles (the non-stop concerts and drama) can only really be appreciated by japanese fans. Also quick reminding that when they first debuted they had a single every month, it was crazy.  

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#2805 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Ive never seen negative opinion about Mikan tbh. Ive always assumed its one of the fan favorites.

Mikan was pretty much hated like crazy when it first came out, it's just now that it started getting the appreciation it deserves.

Even though it was a good concert song, I remember even Koharu saying "it's one of my fav momusu songs, but I guess fans hated it..."

g8aHT2F.gif

#2806 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

I think it suffers from a cheap mv, if the mv was better I think more people would like it. It's not an amazing song but it's fun and energetic. A song that's kind of forgettable (but not necessarily bad, like Sou Janai and if I'm honest half of MMs A-sides these days) really needs a good mv.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#2807 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

CG has the true idol sound and everyone legit kawaii.

Y'all haters

#2808 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

Not so unpopular? Opinion: I think that the H!P KSS and Hokkaido KSS should just get their own Station series. Like yeah, keep the member introductions on Hello! Station because it's good for fans who want to become interested in KSS and find their own favorite to root for, but I think having them have their own series focused on them will help a lot too. Like H!P KSS performances because we barely get footage of that anymore, members auditioning for roles in songs, behind the scenes of their practice and maybe an evaluation for each girl from the staff. I know we've had stuff like that for them in the past, but after GREEN ROOM ended it just seemed like seeing the KSS is damn near impossible now unless it's footage from the recitals. I think UFP should try to get them as much exposure as possible considering how many girls they have now, and so it won't be a problem for newer KSS to debut since people don't know them as much (ex: Yokoyama Reina, Yanagawa Nanami, Aikawa Maho, Kanazawa Tomoko, etc).

Also, H!P really needs to jump onto the Twitter/SHOWROOM bandwagon.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#2809 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:36 AM

Not so unpopular? Opinion: I think that the H!P KSS and Hokkaido KSS should just get their own Station series. Like yeah, keep the member introductions on Hello! Station because it's good for fans who want to become interested in KSS and find their own favorite to root for, but I think having them have their own series focused on them will help a lot too. Like H!P KSS performances because we barely get footage of that anymore, members auditioning for roles in songs, behind the scenes of their practice and maybe an evaluation for each girl from the staff. I know we've had stuff like that for them in the past, but after GREEN ROOM ended it just seemed like seeing the KSS is damn near impossible now unless it's footage from the recitals. I think UFP should try to get them as much exposure as possible considering how many girls they have now, and so it won't be a problem for newer KSS to debut since people don't know them as much (ex: Yokoyama Reina, Yanagawa Nanami, Aikawa Maho, Kanazawa Tomoko, etc).
Also, H!P really needs to jump onto the Twitter/SHOWROOM bandwagon.

KSS have a YT channel. They used to upload vids there. Thats how they actually introduced Maho and the rest.

They should really use it. But everyone knows they wont because it's actually a good idea. H!P dont have those

#2810 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:23 AM

The KSS channel itself gets updated like once a year, they don't even do new member introduction videos anymore. They should make use of it more.

I'm just so mad that H!P were using Line Live... when everyone was on the SHOWROOM bandwagon. I swear, UFP's trying desparately hard to prove that H!P can get attention without using tactics that other idol companies use and they should know by now that it's not working lol. Just conform until you come up with a brilliant promotion idea that lasts more than two weeks.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#2811 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:00 AM

Line is extremely popular. The only reason it doesn't work is because it's mainstream and the average idol isn't. One could argue that there's no reason to do Showroom since it's only something wota are going to watch (just like everything else which is what is always being complained about) and most fans are loyal to the point that they'll follow even without it. Maybe there's revenue potential in it but I wouldn't know.

#2812 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

There just needs to be a way to show off idols and shows are the best way to do that.

They don't have power on TV but I believe H!P can try with online shows.

An episode every week with a peek in what idols do and stuff would be good

#2813 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

UO: After watching the last Juice=Juice's PV's, I've realized I haven't enjoyed a J=J song in quite a while and that they've grown stale. I think it's time to think about something to shake up the group, including a 2nd gen and graduations.

#2814 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:51 AM

UO: After watching the last Juice=Juice's PV's, I've realized I haven't enjoyed a J=J song in quite a while and that they've grown stale. I think it's time to think about something to shake up the group, including a 2nd gen and graduations.

Dont think it's a case of being stale.

There's just less focus on them from the management

#2815 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:44 AM

Oh, why... i prefer that Yuka or Tomoko graduates when they really want to, not just to "shake up the group" lol

If they graduate someday i hope the group stay as 5 members.
But i wouldn't mind if they graduate like C-ute or Berryz or if they decide to be a non-idol group, i will support it.

#2816 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

Instead I'm enjoying J=J's song the most out of all H!P ..

#2817 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

I should not write this because I will only get hate from it...

UP1: I think the reason why people think J=J is boring, look down on them and say they have nothing going for them is because of the lack of a international appeal. J=J have less singles releases compared to other groups, lower budget PVs and the lack of subbed content in form of blogs, subbed important speeches, the lack of uploaded videos from birthday events/fc events, dvd magazine etc. What they do have are consistent tours wota can go to, half of the members have PBs released and they are a performance focused group. The international fandom can't normally go to concerts and I think their lack of international fans lead to more international fans. I don't think it has that much to do with how "boring" they are as a group, I just think it is hard for them to appeal to i-fans. I did not like Karin that much in the past but I saw what they hype was about when I saw her live and I now think her robot character is great for the group. (Yuka too, why people don't connect her as Sayumis's adorable adoptive sister is beyond me.) People call MM boing all the time, yet they are still very much into them and if you are "too much" like Maachan there will be a bunch of people on that hate bandwagon instead. With consistent sales even despite the Oricon rule, the Budokan drama and Budokan itself I think J=J are doing great, but international fans don't seem to care about those things.

UP2: For the reason above I am seriously worried about going to their international concerts. I am afraid that my experience there will not be as nice as the ones I can have in Japan. It is not that I don't want them to have an audience because I do and I also hope this can be an opportunity for people to get into J=J and for international HP fans and none-HP fans to like them and want to get to know them. At the same time I am worried that I won't feel happy while at the show. :( Right now it feels to me that everyone will go with a mentality that "gosh why J=J! I don't know the members, the last song I listened to of their was in 2014, they are my least favorite group, I will go just to support the cause" is the mentality I am worried about. J=J is my favorite group and for me any chance to see them live is a fantastic opportunity. I am scared that I am going to show up with my official light sticks, my Sayubee fangirl shirt being all happy and then only meet people who will bring my mood down. Personally I would never go to a CG/C-ute or Factory show in Europe because I just don’t have any interest in them. I am sure that have great songs like the other H!P groups and maybe I will like them one day, but for now I am not interested. I liked Hamachan and Rei when they opened for MM so I would consider going to a Kobushi show if they came to my country... but then I would go through a lot of their discography first and see if I would actually want to go or save up for Japan to see my favorite groups instead. I want to see all the European shows for J=J (doubt I can do all three) and I want those shows to give me good memories. I want to meet nice fans who are there because they want to go to the show because they like the group and they want to have a good time. It has gone so far that I am feeling negative about the J=J world tour just because I am now worried that my money will be wasted and I don’t want to feel that way. It is such a double edged sword for me and I hate it, in some ways I am even trying to not to think about it all because it makes me more sad.  :sob: Maybe it is just the way people are phrasing themselves online and I really hope so, for J=J's sake and mine.

#2818 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Dont worry Fluffis there are a lot of international fans that are excited for Juice=Juice's world tour. Just because Juice fans are usually quieter (unlike me) it doesnt mean there is low interest in them.

Juice=Juice are definitely THE BEST H!P group right now for me. I dont really follow Angerme, CG or Kobushi that much (except checking their releases, which have been a miss for me recently). And Im on a secondary following for MM and Tsubaki so once Juice eventually retires I will probably prioritize 48 over H!P, sadly. Momusu needs to shake me up again and I think the addition of Yokorei will help for that.

#2819 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

I should not write this because I will only get hate from it...
UP1: I think the reason why people think J=J is boring, look down on them and say they have nothing going for them is because of the lack of a international appeal. J=J have less singles releases compared to other groups, lower budget PVs and the lack of subbed content in form of blogs, subbed important speeches, the lack of uploaded videos from birthday events/fc events, dvd magazine etc. What they do have are consistent tours wota can go to, half of the members have PBs released and they are a performance focused group. The international fandom can't normally go to concerts and I think their lack of international fans lead to more international fans. I don't think it has that much to do with how "boring" they are as a group, I just think it is hard for them to appeal to i-fans. I did not like Karin that much in the past but I saw what they hype was about when I saw her live and I now think her robot character is great for the group. (Yuka too, why people don't connect her as Sayumis's adorable adoptive sister is beyond me.) People call MM boing all the time, yet they are still very much into them and if you are "too much" like Maachan there will be a bunch of people on that hate bandwagon instead. With consistent sales even despite the Oricon rule, the Budokan drama and Budokan itself I think J=J are doing great, but international fans don't seem to care about those things.

UP2: For the reason above I am seriously worried about going to their international concerts. I am afraid that my experience there will not be as nice as the ones I can have in Japan. It is not that I don't want them to have an audience because I do and I also hope this can be an opportunity for people to get into J=J and for international HP fans and none-HP fans to like them and want to get to know them. At the same time I am worried that I won't feel happy while at the show. :( Right now it feels to me that everyone will go with a mentality that "gosh why J=J! I don't know the members, the last song I listened to of their was in 2014, they are my least favorite group, I will go just to support the cause" is the mentality I am worried about. J=J is my favorite group and for me any chance to see them live is a fantastic opportunity. I am scared that I am going to show up with my official light sticks, my Sayubee fangirl shirt being all happy and then only meet people who will bring my mood down. Personally I would never go to a CG/C-ute or Factory show in Europe because I just don’t have any interest in them. I am sure that have great songs like the other H!P groups and maybe I will like them one day, but for now I am not interested. I liked Hamachan and Rei when they opened for MM so I would consider going to a Kobushi show if they came to my country... but then I would go through a lot of their discography first and see if I would actually want to go or save up for Japan to see my favorite groups instead. I want to see all the European shows for J=J (doubt I can do all three) and I want those shows to give me good memories. I want to meet nice fans who are there because they want to go to the show because they like the group and they want to have a good time. It has gone so far that I am feeling negative about the J=J world tour just because I am now worried that my money will be wasted and I don’t want to feel that way. It is such a double edged sword for me and I hate it, in some ways I am even trying to not to think about it all because it makes me more sad.  :sob: Maybe it is just the way people are phrasing themselves online and I really hope so, for J=J's sake and mine.

They have boring personalities and aren't visually interesting.

I'd attend the hell out of a Kobushi show if they came to the US.

#2820 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

Kobushi are so interesting! Ive always wanted to listen to teenage girls growling and grunting who also behave like they are on sugar rush 24/7.

The only ones who are visually appealing are Rena and Ayano in this group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users