Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#2361 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

I would disagree that the 3rd a-side is "always" worse but the latest ones definately have been. I'm still a little sad we don't get one this time but maybe it is for the best.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#2362 hazuky

hazuky

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

I mean, Maki only lasted in the group for like 2 years so I don't think she was any better. She wanted to go solo but it probably was because she either felt like being in MM didn't use all of her potential as a performer or that she was too stressed with being the ace member. Being the center member is stressful on anyone, just because a lot is put on teir shoulders by the company and by the media. Like in the SHOCK! era, Airi felt stressed that she got a whole solo song as a single with the other members just singing "Ah~ WOW~" in the background because she knew that it wasn't fair to the others and some members were feeling unwanted in the group by the company because of it (Mai was even considering graduating).

I know Maki didn't stay longer but was bc she wanted a solo, she was good with begin the center and have a tons of lines, not like riho who was in a hurry for leaving the group and the show business, she didn't even care about her fans and didn't give them time, she just left with less than 2 months like "f*ck up, I don't want to be here any longer*

In fact she give us such a bad imagine about the ace that now, when a girl is starting to get a push, a lot of fans get worry and say "I hope the manager doesn't push her to much, I don't want her to feel to much pressure and leave early"

#2363 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

I mean, Maki only lasted in the group for like 2 years so I don't think she was any better. She wanted to go solo but it probably was because she either felt like being in MM didn't use all of her potential as a performer or that she was too stressed with being the ace member. Being the center member is stressful on anyone, just because a lot is put on teir shoulders by the company and by the media. Like in the SHOCK! era, Airi felt stressed that she got a whole solo song as a single with the other members just singing "Ah~ WOW~" in the background because she knew that it wasn't fair to the others and some members were feeling unwanted in the group by the company because of it (Mai was even considering graduating).

I know Maki didn't stay longer but was bc she wanted a solo, she was good with begin the center and have a tons of lines, not like riho who was in a hurry for leaving the group and the show business, she didn't even care about her fans and didn't give them time, she just left with less than 2 months like "f*ck up, I don't want to be here any longer*

In fact she give us such a bad imagine about the ace that now, when a girl is starting to get a push, a lot of fans get worry and say "I hope the manager doesn't push her to much, I don't want her to feel to much pressure and leave early"

Wow, you're being really unfair. Everyone is different psychologically and everyone reacts differently to pressure and stuff. We don't know the girls' life outside from what they decide to share with the fans, so jumping to conclusions like that is being really unfair to Riho. She's my ultimate oshi, and when she decided to graduate so suddenly, never ONCE did I think "Man, she really doesn't care about us". She must've had a fricking good reason to do so and we'll never have any idea what actually goes on in their personal life. 

The "I'm afraid she'll leave because of the pressure" was already being said WAY before she decided to graduate. Putting the blame on her alone is stupid.

Also, isn't leaving to go solo selfish as well? I mean if we're talking about caring about the group and going by your reasoning, that was selfish of Maki to do so since she was ultra popular and stayed 2 years only. (FYI I don't think that way at all, just using your reasoning.) If Riho really didn't care, she would've left long ago.

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#2364 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

UO: riho wasn't a good ace. I have read a lot of comments like "manager puts to much weight on her shoulders", "they pressure her to much and forced her to leave", if she couldn't handle the pressure then she wasn't ace material after all, MM had have ace like nachi, maki and aichan who did even more than her and didn't see them running away like her. She just doesn't wanted to be an idol anymore and I guess she doesn't love MM as much as others members.

LOL we talk about this waay too much.

If she should'nt have not been ace, who would've been?

Even if she really isnt ace material, she was the best choice.

Reina, Gaki and Sayu have had their time at the spotlight so it wouldn't have been them.

Ikuta, Fuku or Zukki dont really have any good abilities.

Ishida is a good dancer but isnt really as cute as Riho, while Kubo, Maa and Duu are cute but dont have the abilities either.

MM also needed to push their new gens so they need someone from 9th or 10th.

Riho had a bit of hype already being from that Hiroshima school + great dancer and was cute.

Whether you like it or not, whether she was "ace material" or not, at the time she was the best choice.

LETS NOT TALK ABOUT HER SINGING BCOZ THAT WILL CAUSE ANOTHER THAT SPANS 2+ PAGES

#2365 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

ohh, just in time to defend my faves lol

Let's be honest, the comparisons to past MM aces is unfair, because the MM of each era had a different story to tell.

When Nachi was the ace, the group was rising in popularity and barely had any falters. They literally could only go up (and they did).

Maki was the ace when the group was nearing it's peak, and most members could sing/dance exceptionally well and had great variety skills + she went solo not long after MM hit their peak.

By the time Aichan was the ace of the group, MM's performances were exceptional but the group was irrelevant + she had Reina beside her throughout her time as ace.

Riho was the ace of the group at a time where management finally bothered to promote MM into relevancy again. It's like being appointed new leader of a company that has been going downhill for years, and if your team make any sort of mistake in one of your projects, you're the first target to blame, because you're the fave of the company. That's a lot of pressure to have, and the same sort of pressure was put onto a young girl who had not even been in the group for a whole year before she had to start centering songs alongside 8 year veteran MM member Reina, who left not long after, which left Riho pretty much solo-ing as the ace of the group. I'm sure the current members would have found it just as hard, if not worse, being in her position. Mentally, she was worn out, and when the time came, she did what was best for her after doing what was best for MM for 4 years. That's not selfish at all.

"and I guess she doesn't love MM as much as others members."

Other members never had to be in the center position for 4 years. What would have been selfish was if she continued on in the group halfheartedly, when another member could be in her position. Imagine if she stayed for another 4 years in the ace position with no passion, just to collect some coins. You would't want that, would you? You would rather she just left, right? Look at how 48G fans got mad at Kojiharu for "taking up space" in senbatsu when she clearly has no interest in being an idol anymore. Had Riho stayed in the group knowing she didn't enjoy being an idol anymore, I think that would show that she doesn't love MM enough to take it seriously. Her leaving when she did shows that she loved the group enough to let it move on without her. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2366 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:47 AM

^ I have a weird theory on Riho:

She always said that her goal while being in Morning Musume。 was to appear in Kouhaku. Then there are two cases:

- She felt that this was impossible in the near future, that the management didn't do enough to achieve that goal,

- She understood that this was impossible. Among many of my theories on that matter: Koukahu told them that they would never invite them again (I don't know, maybe they don't invite people back), Up-Front doesn't want to go to Kouhaku and is perfectly happy with their end-of-the-year show (that may seem silly, but remember that Up-Front likes pampering the fan club to the detriment of the general public, like for example why do they give 13th gen a web show only available to the fan club?). For now, I still think this hypothesis is silly, but to be honest, if Morning Musume。 doesn't appear on Kouhaku for the 20th anniversary, I would start taking it seriously.

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#2367 bloop7676

bloop7676

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:12 AM

UO: MM's new single is better than their last one.

I think that's actually a popular opinion  XD  Most people only seemed to really like Mukidashi from the last single.

#2368 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:03 AM

I actually don't really like this new single. BUT I REALLY don't like Jealousy Jealousy, and Brand new morning is only okay. 

HLxdmXb.png

#2369 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:53 AM

I would disagree that the 3rd a-side is "always" worse but the latest ones definately have been. I'm still a little sad we don't get one this time but maybe it is for the best.

I went and looked at all the third a-sides, and there was only one I felt was actually really better than the other two lol.

Also, in response to the 'who did or did not love MM' stuff... Maki's graduation was decided by someone else.

http://jinryuichi-hn...-or-tsunku.html

It's known that management starts dropping hints when girls should graduate, Yamazaki just took it one step further with her.

#2370 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:16 AM

It's still funny that people really thought Tsunku was in charge of everything, but he did a great job as the front man. By the time of that blog post they were already hiding the fact Tsunku didn't actually do most of the vocal recordings. XD

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#2371 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

UO: MM's new single is better than their last one.

I think that's actually a popular opinion  XD  Most people only seemed to really like Mukidashi from the last single.

I have seen the opposite, pepople loved Muki and Sexy Cat, it was only the 3rd A-side poeple disliked. But after Tokyo and OaO I kind of expect people to dislike the 3rd A-side lol.  With the last single it felt like most of the people loved it except for me. I still listen to it but I can only handle Mukidashi until the first chorus end, then I skip ahead to Akane's line. With Sou Janai I only listen to the sections I like of it.  ^^; Sexy Cat I just ignore altogether. 

#2372 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

UO: riho wasn't a good ace. I have read a lot of comments like "manager puts to much weight on her shoulders", "they pressure her to much and forced her to leave", if she couldn't handle the pressure then she wasn't ace material after all, MM had have ace like nachi, maki and aichan who did even more than her and didn't see them running away like her. She just doesn't wanted to be an idol anymore and I guess she doesn't love MM as much as others members.

Riho was the best from her generation. She could dance, she had a cute voice and the wota totally baited on her looks. She 100% deserved to be the ace. Sakura was the only member that outshined her upon addition (not counting OG).
Comparing her to Goto Maki who was given Love Machine to center and who left after only 2 years is stupid. Riho dedicated her youth to Morning Musume and has been pressured to catch up with Reina who was in the group for a decade. After 5 years of being pushed to her limits she just broke.
Saying she didnt care for Morning Musume and her fans is ignorant. I bet that in her place you wouldnt last even 2 years.

And if you are assuming she didnt care about the members and her fans because of her tenure, why didnt you include Zukki too? She left soon after her.

#2373 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

I always thought Riho left so suddenly because she decided last minute that she wanted to go to the USA to learn dance, and rushed her grad to arrive in time for application / school to start / whatever. It might be just my weird imagination / memory though, and I don't even know what she's doing right now. XD

Other members never had to be in the center position for 4 years. What would have been selfish was if she continued on in the group halfheartedly, when another member could be in her position. Imagine if she stayed for another 4 years in the ace position with no passion, just to collect some coins. You would't want that, would you? You would rather she just left, right? Look at how 48G fans got mad at Kojiharu for "taking up space" in senbatsu when she clearly has no interest in being an idol anymore. Had Riho stayed in the group knowing she didn't enjoy being an idol anymore, I think that would show that she doesn't love MM enough to take it seriously. Her leaving when she did shows that she loved the group enough to let it move on without her. 

That's how I felt about Reina in her last years. But more than "not liking" the group, I simply felt like she was way too comfortable in her position, not having ambitions, just staying as long as she can, and when she's kicked out for being too old, she'll do whatever... I'm not gonna make assumptions, that she didn't like MM or something, as it's true that we can't see into their minds or their personal life, but everytime an idol doesn't behave in a way she's supposed to (for example, showing their unintrested attitude so much) I can't help but think it's really unprofessional. I just kinda can forgive Riho, or even Zukki during her depressed days a lot easier than Reina, because Reina was a 20+ adult with 10+ years of experience when this happened, not a young, sensitive teenager. It's okay to get tired of your job, but especially as an experienced entertainer, one should know when to stop, or try working hard again. Then again, I'm also forgiving Reina, because it probably wasn't her decision only. There's a chance, that management pressured her to stay, to teach girls / milk the wotas / whatever.

#2374 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

Reina knew she was better than the other girls and didn't really hide it very well. She straight dissed 9th and 10th gen when Sakura joined.

I think she stayed so long because she didn't really have anything else she wanted to do. She was just gonna go back home before they came up with Lovendor.

#2375 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

^^ Yeah IA. So far I'd say reactions are pretty similar regarding this single and the last one, this one might be hyped in part because of the new faces and Miki having lines. Mukidashi is the best song of the two singles imo. Sexy Cat has a great PV, it was only with the rip that people were not as happy but after the full thing and the Live it got the okay. I've yer to see JJ but so far people either love it or hate it.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#2376 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Riho was the best from her generation. She could dance, she had a cute voice and the wota totally baited on her looks. She 100% deserved to be the ace. Sakura was the only member that outshined her upon addition (not counting OG).
Comparing her to Goto Maki who was given Love Machine to center and who left after only 2 years is stupid. Riho dedicated her youth to Morning Musume and has been pressured to catch up with Reina who was in the group for a decade. After 5 years of being pushed to her limits she just broke.
Saying she didnt care for Morning Musume and her fans is ignorant. I bet that in her place you wouldnt last even 2 years.

And if you are assuming she didnt care about the members and her fans because of her tenure, why didnt you include Zukki too? She left soon after her.

I was waiting for someone to bring up Zukki, I was sipping on my tea this whole convo but now I have to speak.

Zukki got treated the worst out of the 9th gen for a long period of time and the wota gouged her out because of her weight. I would leave too if I did my best and I was very underappreciated. I'm sure she loved MM very much and the fans understood why so it really isn't comparable to Riho.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#2377 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

^^ Yeah IA. So far I'd say reactions are pretty similar regarding this single and the last one, this one might be hyped in part because of the new faces and Miki having lines. Mukidashi is the best song of the two singles imo. Sexy Cat has a great PV, it was only with the rip that people were not as happy but after the full thing and the Live it got the okay. I've yer to see JJ but so far people either love it or hate it.

Jealousyx2 is a competent MV. It's not mind-blowing or anything. Made it super clear that Tsunku learned everything he knows about rapping from cheesy 90s songs though.

#2378 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Reina knew she was better than the other girls and didn't really hide it very well. She straight dissed 9th and 10th gen when Sakura joined.
I think she stayed so long because she didn't really have anything else she wanted to do. She was just gonna go back home before they came up with Lovendor.

IA, By the time 123 came out, Reina seemed to not know what to do with herself. She still liked performing, but she was definitely tired of being an idol. I think it was a mix of her not knowing how her future looked, wanting to lead the group alongside sayu, and management encouraging that, that lead to her staying. Her cutting her hair was like the white flag leading up to her graduation. Had Reina not been given the chance to have her own band and continue performing, I think she would have just became a fashion model in shibuya lol 

In any case, I think she chose the right time to leave. I think 2012 would have been too soon due to Gaki and Aika's graduations, and I can't imagine her staying in the group past 2013. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2379 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

^^^ I dont assume Zukki doesnt love her fans. Im just trying to find the logic behind why Riho doesnt love her fans. The tea you been "sipping" might have made your glasses cloudy.

#2380 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

IA, By the time 123 came out, Reina seemed to not know what to do with herself. She still liked performing, but she was definitely tired of being an idol. I think it was a mix of her not knowing how her future looked, wanting to lead the group alongside sayu, and management encouraging that, that lead to her staying. Her cutting her hair was like the white flag leading up to her graduation. Had Reina not been given the chance to have her own band and continue performing, I think she would have just became a fashion model in shibuya lol 

In any case, I think she chose the right time to leave. I think 2012 would have been too soon due to Gaki and Aika's graduations, and I can't imagine her staying in the group past 2013. 

Not even. I think she would have went back to Fukuoka and we would have never heard from her ever again unless they dug her up for an anniversary performance lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users