Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#2021 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:28 AM

@Kaeseki I'm curious which is your favorite group MM or Berryz?

Now for my Unpopular opinion, the group I dislike the most in H!P right now is J=J they are just so boring!

I would have to say Musume but primarily because they're still pumping out new stuff.

As a Kpop and Japanese idols fan, I just don't consider both to be on equal footing.

What I mean is that I watch idols mostly for the visuals and happiness they give. They're cute and joyful and they make me happy haha. When I watch kpop idols, it's for the cool factor, the WOW and the quality of the of the whole thing. I just can't compare them and I don't think they should be. In my opinion, they have different purposes.

I do about the same.  I watch/listen to K-Pop when I want to be dazzled.  J-pop is for fun!

Aitai Lonely Chrismas is legit!

Indeed, it's very idol-ish!  It's also interesting from a cultural perspective since outside of some symbolism it seems to have so little to do with Christmas as I understand it.

#MAGA

#2022 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Idk HOW unpopular this is, but I know everyone is talking about KSS debuting in new groups and as much I want more KSS to debut, I don't want anymore new groups in H!P right now. I feel like it'll get even more oversaturated, and we'll end up with more "background" groups that don't get a good push anyway. 

#2023 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

^ Same. I feel we have enough groups as it is.. Even though I want the girls to have opportunities to debut, just throwing more groups together isn't the way to go imo.

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#2024 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Same here.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#2025 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

^

^

and

^

Yes.  I have trouble keeping track of these new units.

Another unpopular opinion;  I'm generally supportive of the "no dating/boyfriend" rule.  Oh, I'd rather it not be there but if it's necessary for idols in Japan to be viable from a marketing standpoint, so be it.  It's not like if The Rule was done away with, a Western audience would suddenly appear and pick up the slack.

#MAGA

#2026 Ribon

Ribon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

Even though I'm rooting for several KSS,

I think it's a bad idea for UFP to constantly pick KSS over outside girls.

243euza.gif

CG: Manaka 

KSS: Ayano, T. Kurumi

#2027 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

They should just stop holding auditions and promote the trainees they want to debut to existing groups. If they do make any new groups they should definitely be 8 members in size to minimize the amount of new groups. Realistically speaking I doubt they have more than 16 trainees they're comfortable debuting right now. Country Girls will need new members soon enough to revitalize interest in them and there's always ANGERME and MM. If they go with 5nin+ for any new groups we'll probably only end up with just one new group between June 2017 and December 2018.

#2028 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

Idk HOW unpopular this is, but I know everyone is talking about KSS debuting in new groups and as much I want more KSS to debut, I don't want anymore new groups in H!P right now. I feel like it'll get even more oversaturated, and we'll end up with more "background" groups that don't get a good push anyway.

I don't think we're getting a new group soon. Tsubaki and their major debut are basically meant to be the new debuts imo. They've cleared out most of the kenshuusei who were ready and the majority are new girls who still have time left.

#2029 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

I'd say around 50/50. I'm not necessarily against other KSS debuting, but for now, Tsubaki's debut is the priority. I'd personally say (well, I've said it for a month already, but well...) that there shouldn't be such new group in 2017. But I don't believe there isn't any space for a 7th group in H!P.

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#2030 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

i personally dont want another 4-11 member group anymore lol. either go hard (15+) or go home (duo/trio) lol. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2031 cjkuma

cjkuma

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

More of a question rather than an opinion.

if the kss had frequent cd releases (doesnt even have to be a new single, just like a KSS cover cd of h!p songs once a year) would you guys be fine with that? it would allow the trainees to do more than be backup dancers and someone who is rooting for a particular girl will get to hear her more often

Morning MusumeKaga KaedeMorito ChisakiIikubo Haruna / ANGERME:  Katsuta Rina, Takeuchi Akari. Kawamura Ayano

Juice=Juice: Miyazaki YukaMiyamoto Karin, Kanazawa Tomoko / Tsubaki Factory: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, Ono Mizuho

Country Girls: Ozeki Mai / Kobushi Factory: Wada Sakurako, Hirose Ayaka / Other: Kiyono Momohime, Takase Kurumi

KSS: Ono Kotomi, Yonemura Kirara

#2032 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

YESSS, that would be awesome. I'd even be okay with one-shot shuffle/sub-units making a comeback and putting KSS in them. I feel like that is doubtful because those seemed to happen at the peak of H!P's popularity (or toward the end of that peak anyway). 

#2033 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

i've been suggesting that for literally everrrrrr lol. 

make the kss like a little akb team 4 or whatever, have them all sing in singles and rotate the center so everyone gets to shine. makes more normal girls want to get into H!P, and makes more kss fired up to debut because they've had a taste of stardom lol 

also another thing, it would be nice to see H!P singles lol. H!P concerts could be more interesting that way. That way we can have units that stay active through the H!P singles, rather than having them release 2 singles then fade into oblivion. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2034 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Unpopular opinion: Sakura's voice does nothing for me anymore. The way she sings sounds so unnatural and fake cutesy now. Not always ofc, but the majority of the time.

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#2035 amphy

amphy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

^ I liked her voice when I heard it in the audition and I don't think I've ever liked it since ^^;

She always seems like she's either shouting or singing cutely like you said.

Everyone goes on about how she's the best singer but I'd much rather listen to Mizuki's voice...

I don't really like anyone elses voice in morning musume at the moment (don't know about 13ki yet though)

I'm still following them though since the situation is bound to improve at some point and the last couple of singles have been an improvement ^^;

#2036 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:11 PM

More of a question rather than an opinion.

if the kss had frequent cd releases (doesnt even have to be a new single, just like a KSS cover cd of h!p songs once a year) would you guys be fine with that? it would allow the trainees to do more than be backup dancers and someone who is rooting for a particular girl will get to hear her more often

I would love it ! And at least, if a girl leave before debuting, she at least get the chance to be in an album or a single.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#2037 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:45 AM

i've been suggesting that for literally everrrrrr lol. 

make the kss like a little akb team 4 or whatever, have them all sing in singles and rotate the center so everyone gets to shine. makes more normal girls want to get into H!P, and makes more kss fired up to debut because they've had a taste of stardom lol 

also another thing, it would be nice to see H!P singles lol. H!P concerts could be more interesting that way. That way we can have units that stay active through the H!P singles, rather than having them release 2 singles then fade into oblivion.

H!P needs to do the Mobekimasu thing again tbh. Moanjukankotsu would be it I guess. I agree with the KSS idea.

Unpopular opinion: Sakura's voice does nothing for me anymore. The way she sings sounds so unnatural and fake cutesy now. Not always ofc, but the majority of the time.

Sakura still one of the best singers rn #fax

#2038 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:53 AM

^ She's objectively skilled and I agree that she's one of the best, but I just don't really like the sound of her voice anymore lol

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#2039 Yaminata

Yaminata

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:12 AM

Another unpopular opinion;  I'm generally supportive of the "no dating/boyfriend" rule.  Oh, I'd rather it not be there but if it's necessary for idols in Japan to be viable from a marketing standpoint, so be it.  It's not like if The Rule was done away with, a Western audience would suddenly appear and pick up the slack.

I agree. Plus, the "no dating rule" in H!P is more a "don't get caught" one, right ? So it's not like our girls were that pressured, they just have to be careful.

Idols are no Selena Gomez nor Taylor Swift. In other words, I want them to appear in magazines only for promotion purposes, not because they're dating someone...  (and if it's just a fling or a Rihanna/Drake situation .... :huh: this is gonna be bad for them)

Edit: Oh no, not H!P48 again lol. Mobekimasu's song was definitely not the best and only few girls had decent lines. If they do it, they'd better do something noteworthy

Edited by Yaminata, 18 January 2017 - 01:14 AM.

I can't live without Berryz!

Otomomochi & Team Mizukingdom
Berryz Koubou SNS Stalker Watcher

#2040 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:19 AM

Yes.  I have trouble keeping track of these new units.

Join the club.

I feel they should be allowed to have a social life if they can truly handle it... honestly I don't see how they can with their schedules, but they should at least be 16 years old... plus I don't want to hear about it or see them together lol.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users