Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#1 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

Here in the H!O Hivemind, we must praise the goddesses or risk bashing by their worshipers.

This thread will allow you to express your unpopular opinion.

Keep in mind that Unpopular Opinion =/= Hate

Think it of it as H!P Confessions (does that still exist?) except without the shade and hate.

Here are mine:

tumblr_o1ic29CoZK1sxtgjvo3_400.gif

Tsubaki's singing is not even that bad except for Ami's. Only reason Kobushi's better is bcoz they're in sync and they have Hirose and Inoue

tumblr_o157eg9RCJ1sxtgjvo1_400.gif

Juice=Juice is arguably the best H!P group rn

tumblr_njvnjjQVz21rfy8nxo2_r5_500.gif

MAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nakajima Takui's cool and all but I honestly don't really like the songs he wrote

Well that's it for now. How bout yours?

#2 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

Seriously. The only real good singers in Kobushi are Hirose and Inoue, the others are just decent but there's always room for improvement. If they took away those unnecessary ass grunts, most people would see how 6/8 of the lineup aren't amazing. And I think Yumeno has a better voice than Hamachan tbh.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#3 AitorKamei

AitorKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5940 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

Oh, this is new xDDD I don't know if it's okay for me to express my unpopular opinions. 

From MM:

- I don't think Eripon is good at dancing at all. Most times her dancing looks lazy.

- I don't get what's so good and impressive aboy Chel. She's really a funny girl and I really like her, but I don't think her dancing and singing is that impressive and outstanding to think of her as a future ace and for the agency to push her like they're pushing it.

From C-ute:

- I don't really like their recent songs. Since Tsunku stopped writting that much for them, I find that their songs are lacking and a waste of their real potential. Last year I only like the Middle Management from their releases and it's a song composed by Tsunku... Tsunku should be the composer for C-ute as well... That's the best for them.

From ANGERME:

- Murotan is good, but I think that at the moment she's just a powerful voice. With training she'll get better, for sure, but I think she still needs to work on her voice.

- Maro was the best singer of ANGERME. I can't feel it more now that she's gone. She always was impressive tho and people had this image of her no caring, but when she gave her all, no one could surpass her level.

From Country Girls:

-Country Girls has turned into and amazing group now, but for me the real essence of Country Girls was when they were 5 with Momochi. Itooshikute Gomen Ne era was like a dream for me. I wish it would have lasted for more years.

-Manakan is good at dancing, yes, but she wouldn't stand a chance with Riho, Maimi and Ayumin.

From Kobushi and Tsubaki I don't have nothing to say in special... Uhm... Maybe that I need more Taguchi in singles XD I've always liked her voice.

32ziadw.jpg

MM: Sato Masaki, Ogata Haruna, Kudo Haruka, Oda Sakura ; ºC: Okai Chisato;

A: Sasaki Rikako,Wada Ayaka, Katsuta Rina ; J=J: Uemura Akari & Kanazawa Tomoko. CGs: Shimamura Uta; KF: Hirose Ayaka, Taguchi Natsumi; TF: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno

#4 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:41 PM

Joshi Kashi Monogatari is literally one of the worst Morning Musume songs ever. Ever. It's trash. Everytime they revive it I skip it in the concerts.

I think Uemura Akari is one of the most overrated girls in H!P right now in every way. Looks, singing, ect. You name it.

C-ute are a mind numbingly boring group and outside of Airi and Chisato aren't anymore talented than the people who've been around a third of the time they have.

#5 Zabieru

Zabieru

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

I like Karin and I can't really find anyone else who agrees with me, I have no idea why she gets so much hate. Also, Berryz was overrated.

2NsEwYR.png

#6 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

Even for idol standards Rikako comes off as very fake. I'm starting to wonder if she has felt a genuine emotion in her entire life.

Iikubo Haruna could vanish from the group and literally nobody would even notice for months. At least people would notice that the group average chest size has dropped hugely if Suzuki Kanon vanished.

Aichan still has no personality. I imagine being stuck in an elevator with her would be torture.

The whole reason it took a while for Meimi to get to show off her singing skills is because 2nd gen were forced to try to sing high pitched at first to match the original line up's style which was probably done so Yuuka doesn't seem so terrible at singing,

TEAM TAKECHAN

#7 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

Morning Musume

-ENDLESS SKY = greatest MM song since 2013.

-12 Smart = greatest MM album

- 9th gen >>>>>> 10th gen (evidently based on polls this is the less popular opinion lol). Besides maybe having more vibrant personalities 9th gen does everything better imo.

- Oharu and Akane still need to prove why they're MM material. Miki and Maria have already done that

C-ute

-can't think of anything rn.

ANGERME

-Akari's voice is grating on my ears

-Honestly I'm tired of them having song titles that are something a long the lines of "we flopped for 3 years but we're much stronger now" which is what LITERALLY every group a-side (Besides the Sally song) have been about it. As someone who experienced those 3 years it was a nice emotional experience for Taiki Bansei but man is it old now.

Juice=Juice

-Yuka and Akari still overrated vocally.

Country Girls

-Wakateiru no ni Gomen ne is easily their best song. 

- Uta gone allows for a way better group dynamic (I don't mean like how the girls are friends with each other obviously, just like more singing opportunities for the other girls)

Kobushi Factory

-Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin is their most forgettable song so far. Sakura Night Fever is much better and I'm sure their other song will be better because its Hoshibe Shou song.

-Taguchi feels like group filler rn. She was a pretty hyped kenshuusei and its sad to see her constantly being in the back. Hope to see that change soon.

Tsubaki Factory

- Not sure if anything negative I say about them is really a "unpopular opinion". They were announced way too soon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Berryz

-Their last 4 singles were all spectacular

-They didn't look bored

MizukiRina

Twitter

#8 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

°C-ute

- I don't like Chisato's voice. My throat hurts when I'm listening to her.

Morning Musume

- I hate everything about One Two Three. The outfits, the song, the MV, the dance, the 2-man-show.

- I actually like The Manpower and I don't know why everybody dislikes it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for bass lines.

- Aside from Sakura I wouldn't rank any of the current members as "good" singers, just "ok" singers with occasional good performances.

ANGERME/S/mileage

- 4nin was overrated, and Maeda was one of the most overrated idols ever in H!P.

Country Girls

- Aside from maybe Nanami and Funaki (not judging them yet) there are no great singers in the group. Even Momoko isn't that great. (It doesn't matter though because that's not what they're promoting, and their shaky singing makes them even cuter so it works.)

Tsubaki Factory

- They have improved. There, I said it. However, there's still something that keeps me from liking the group. I don't know, they're making me so unexcited it's crazy.

- I can't find anything special about Niinuma.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#9 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

You know.. it will be really funny if someone come in here and start arguing against every comment XD

#10 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

Ookina ai de motenashite are the BEST EVER H!P song ever had.

#11 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

Morning Musume:

I adored Aika, and still do. I want her to start her solo career ASAP.

I found Oh My Wish to be kind of a boring song. The only reason it stands out is because the line distribution is better and Zukki center, but like, as a song overall, I found it pretty forgettable. (Granted, Morning Musume as a whole would be greatly improved if they just took OMW's line distribution and actually used it in their other songs)

I only saw Haga Akane's resemblance to Sayu like once. But she isn't the Sayumi clone everyone makes her out to be.

I wouldn't care if Eripon graduated.

C-ute

A lot of their recent stuff I've found boring too. Although I did love Gamusha Life and their rockier-sounding songs (Exciting Fight and Iron Heart).

ANGERME

I don't really miss 4-nin that much. Although I do miss Kanon, but not the other two.

I don't see what the big deal is about Moe.

Juice=Juice

They're in the same boat as C-ute, I haven't found many of their recent songs to be that memorable.

Kobushi Factory

Good songs, but at the moment, none of the girls particularly stand out to me. Admittedly though, I haven't been following them or Tsubaki that closely.

Country Girls

I don't want Momoko to graduate. I don't care that she's older than anyone else, or she is annoying or whatever, she fits the style of the group, she's a good leader, as long as she's enjoying herself I want her to stay as long as possible.

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#12 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

I think we should establish a rule in here: any arguing is forbidden. Otherwise this thread wouldn't be any different from the rest of the forum  ^^;

That said, here's my unpopular opinion:

I don't think Morning Musume as a group is lacking anything right now. I like this new audition solely for the fact that I'm always excited for new girls, but they don't need it.

.... Oh here's another one:

I love 12ki, no disappointments at all for me.

6DYNteh.png

#13 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:06 PM

^And we obviously won't agree with many things, so it's a bit useless to discuss? Even if certain things we read are ridic to us.

-Except for 2nd gen Anju, Dawa, Murotan, and a few other members from the other groups, I can completely understand if somebody would say the H!P idols are boring. Their variety skills are so tame it hurts.

-I find Tsubaki Factory to have a lot less visual appeal than most people (I think the popular opinion is that they are all gorgeous? idk the thread gives me that idea). I'd probably ranked them last among all groups. Ami's beauty is especially overrated. (Not talking about their talents or personalities, I know that will improve and all)

-I think Murotan dances better than Rikako.

-I didn't feel Sayu was as good at making the group feel at ease, especially with Sakura and Riho.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#14 mashaki

mashaki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

H!P as a whole
I don't think H!P PVs are that bad. Sure, it's mostly closeups and dance shots, they do make them look cool and the girls themselves are well represented.

(I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not) I really dislike the idea of several members sharing a blog. Each girl has their own personality and I feel it would be maaaybe by just bit more expressed in their own blogs instead of a shared one.

H!P should stop doing tie-ins with commercials and anime (unless they decide to promote the girls better). For example, MM had a couple of nationwide projects (the cellphone thing and the juice thing) and they still can't even break 200k.

I miss MoBeKiMaSu, it was such a cute acronym!

C-ute

It feels weird somehow that they're still in H!P. They're so mature and their music is mature now, that compared to the rest of the groups, they feel uhh old (weird I'm saying this, I'm around their age XD). I think it's time they switched to being artists instead of idols.

Morning Musume

Kudo's overrated and I liked her much more with longer hair but I see her becoming the next Yoshizawa.

I hate Imasugu, I don't see why is it so hyped when there are better MM songs in that kind of song style.

Iikubo Haruna is the key to getting MM's nationwide popularity back if they put her in more variety shows without her holding her sharp tounge back and promote her a bit better.

Angerme

I'm ok with the new name and image but honestly, was it really that necessary?

Juice=Juice

As fun as that 220 concert challenge is, it's too much for the girls. They don't need to push so much

Country Girls

Momo, don't leave! :x

Kobushi Factory

I like the growling, it's a different twist to current H!P. It's not gonna last forever, at some point they will stop.

I don't see the appeal with Inoue Rei. She does have a good voice, and I'm really trying to see what everyone likes about her, but I really can't.

Tsubaki Factory

Kiki scares me when she smiles. This may offend her oshis a bit and I'm reeeeeaally sorry for this, but she reminds me of Bruce the Shark from Finding Nemo when she smiles with her mouth open. ^^'

~  Miki ☆ Kamiko ☆ Riai  Ami  Ichioka  Kirara  ~

MiyaChii fan forever [:

avy by: AmaSusE

#15 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1249 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:43 PM

I feel that besides a few girls (Taguchi for example, Rikako and Murota) all the new girls in Kobushi, Moe, all of Tsubaki, and all of CG, are severely lacking in the looks department. (Not to mention all of JJ)

I never really saw the incredible skills at singing of Riho. She managed to go through a concert, but her voice was in an eternal state of strain. I miss her and all, but I think I would have loved her more if she had been a background dancer mostly.

JJ went on a decline after their first single... and never recovered. 

I thought that Masaki always was good, and has been improving steadily. I never saw that awful singing many mention when talking about early Masaki lol

I think Zukki should be made the main singer in MM <3 :D

MRkgm6i.png

#16 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

My most unpopular opinion is probably that I don't care a single bit about how someone sings, as long as it doesn't hurt my ears, which means she's not tonedeaf (the girl in H!P who was the closest was Sayu, but even she learned singing in tune) and has a decent control (what Ami lacks atm, but it's something that improves rapidly... I know because I was in a choir in high school and there were many girls, who had a good ear, but sang horribly because of lack of experience in controlling their voice, but they all improved really quickly). It's a great plus if someone has a vibrato and stuff, but I don't even think idols need songs that require that much talent. Srsly If I want to listen to a good voice, I'd rather listen to Kokia or any solo artists...

Morning Musume:
- I also think Eripon is not a good dancer at all. She seems like one, because she makes up for it with her good flexibility, acrobatics, and her badass facial expressions, but at least half the group dances better than her.
- I don't get all the hate Akane and sometimes Haachin recieves, I don't see why Maria is Momusu material (although I like her), and I absolutely see nothing good in Miki other than her voice and her english skill. I actually find her unattractive tbh.
- Imasugu is totally my least favourite song from OMW single. It's not even close to the awesomeness of the other 2, and I don't get why it's so popular either.
- Instead of B-sides, I like triple A-sides, because 3 different genres and maybe linedistributions get an MV showcase. Althought I think they should release albums more often, and perform them in concerts instead of repeating the same songs over and over.
- I hope they retire 123 now that Riho is gone. I like the song, but it has become the Resonant Blue of the Colorful era.
- I love EDM XD

Angerme:
- I'm in the group that doesn't like 2nd gen at all, but loves 3rd and kinda like Moe too. I feel like once 2nd gen is gone I'm gonna like the group just as much, or even more than the 4-member lineup.

C-ute:
- I think they should graduate H!P, because they are clearly no longer idols, but they should stay together and continue as artists.
- Also, I love Chisato's voice, just like how I loved Risako's...

Country Girls:
- I think they are back on track with the 2 new girls, but I still miss Uta no matter how annoying it's getting to people who don't care much about her.
- They should use the pinkish-blueish outfits for Boogie imo. The ones they are using are nice, but I don't like the colors. Green, red and yellow? Why? How? Who came up with this idea?
- As I care a lot about looks, cuteness factor, and overall idol aura, I like them much more than any H!P groups right now except MM. They are not the best performers clearly, but they appeal to me a lot more than the others.

Juice=Juice:
- I want them to get back to releasing singles, and to start doing unique style songs again, like HadakaX3, Black Butterfly or Ijiwaru.
- I like Uemura but I also think she's overrated.
- Sayuki is unattractive (I really don't want to say ugly, since it would sound like I'm hating on her, but that's what I think sorry...)

Kobushi Factory:
- Sakura Night Fever is a loooooooooot better than Chotto.
- Single covers are really bad tho.
- Their debut single wasn't good either. Not enough variety, and I actually liked the Ramen song the best.
- I don't like Inoue that much either. And I think Ayaka sings better than her.
- I think Rena is more beutiful than Hama-chan. Hama-chan is more of a cute type girl, while Rena is model material.

Tsubaki Factory:
- The comparison to Kobushi's starting to get on my nerves. I mean Kobushi was made of veteran KSS, ofc they are a lot better. It's understandable that they are compared, since they are probably made to be rivals, but Tsubaki haven't even debuted yet and they are already getting hate for being unappealing, and bad performers as well.
- Despite all this, I think there could've been better choices for members. I'm fine with 4 of them, but I'd totally switch out Riko and Risa.
- I love their musical style, and I want them to keep doing it. I'm not sure if it's an unpopular opinion tho.

That's all I can think of right now. XD

Edit: I forgot the KSS.
Kenshuusei:
- I don't like Kaede. She's good, and hardworking and stuff, but so are the other girls, so other than her time in KSS, I don't see why she deserves to debut more than anyone else.
- Ruru is an outstanding singer, but I don't think she fits MM.
- Except 2 or 3 girls, I don't think the current KSS girls have good looks at all, some of them are even plain, ordinary, or ugly. I'm glad the new girls are better in that area, at least from what I've seen of them so far.
- Despite not being hyped about Momohime at all, I can understand why people love her so much, but she's too young to be but into any groups yet.

#17 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4355 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

Knowing the girls that were in the 12th gen training camp. Haruna, Miki, Uta, Mai, Ami, Kiki, Moe, Saori.

12th gen should have been 4 new girls.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#18 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

Buono are the most overrated thing that's ever happened in H!P and I wish they weren't coming back.

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#19 sillykitty

sillykitty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

C-ute and juice=juice without Tsunku make me sad...

I much preferred 6 member S/mileage to 4 member S/mileage.

I don't dislike her but I always completely forget Maria exists.

Also, 12th gen was too big. They're not being utilised and performance-wise are lagging behind the rest of the group.

Risa Niigaki is a ridiculously overrated singer.

Kedakaku Sakihokore is the best Factories song so far.

#20 Ribon

Ribon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

Juice=Juice:
Uemura Akari's singing voice irritates me. If we could go back to the days where she barely sang and stood on the sides that'd be great.
I was disappointed to see the roles in Budokan.. I think Budokan is a sneaky way to move JJ center position from Karin to Akari.

Country Girls:
I don't think Chisaki is center material. Maybe this is my bias speaking but Manaka seems better fit for the role (shes a great singer and dancer, and has a cute look/attitude that I think would pull people in)

Tsubaki Factory:
Kishimoto looks weird when she covers her ears.
Honestly I don't see Tsubaki Factory surviving as it is right now...I can see either absorption into Kobushi Factory or new members in the near future.

243euza.gif

CG: Manaka 

KSS: Ayano, T. Kurumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users