• Please log in to reply
35167 replies to this topic

#1 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:02 PM

Funnily enough being the topic starter i am kinda crazy abouit Kamei. Now that her segment along with Yuko and Sayumi has come to an end on Hello Morning i cant help but feel we will be seeing alot less of her crazy antics. It seems a strange choice to end a popular segment like that considering it was alos full of shameless adverts for there products which i openly admit has made me pause Hello Morning before to order the item in question. Eri KAmei has really grown up alot over the last year this can been seen physically in her two photobooks. Her first photobook is ok IMO but not great it was prehaps not her style almost as if she had not found herself or her place in Morning Musume at that point but the follow up is IMO one of the best photo books around (Hello Project or not) the transition from girl to woman is amazing although she is still only 16 shorltly she will be 17 its amazing what happened to her in just one year. I had grown very fond of her because of he segment on Hello Morning it was a great contrast of personalities that worked magically and all three should be credited for it.

Eri Kamei has always had one of the more mid range voices in the group by that i mean not quaility but vocal range as i think she has a great voice which itself has been demonstrated in some of the concerts this year. In particular her version of Natsumi Abes - Koi No Telephone Goal was excellent and suited her so well. I will go as far to say it was better by her than by Natsumi Abe not that theres anthing wrong with the original version. The point im making here is, its excepted that Natsumi Abe is a good preforma and she has certainly had alot of attention given to her. However Eri Kamei does not get a great deal in the records and now that she is no longer doing that segment on Hello Morning i kinda wonder will we get much more Eri Kamie or will she be demoted to join certain others as a bit part player in Morning Musume which would be bad thing as she is one of the more popular members who can act, sing and has a great personality.

So in conclusion i say give Eri Kamei the lead in an upcoming song or better still a joint lead.

So what do you like about her ?

#2 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:56 PM

This pic. :w00t!:

Posted Image

I hope she is put in another segment soon. She was just so silly in that segment with Yuuchan.

Posted Image

#3 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:19 AM

I always thought a bit of Joshi Kashi was being sung to her about which personality was she going to blossom to be. Whoa has Eri ever blossomed.

I love her Telephone Goal. (My boyfriend teases that it's because Eri's new haircut kind of makes her look like Nacchi 2.0 sometimes) I doubt that they won't have her do something that shows off her talent though.

After all, that's what the H!P is supposed to be about; finding what causes a girl to honestly blossom out (ie. Rika's Charmy, Mari's Sexy BEEEAM, Hitomi's tough girlness, etc) and letting them go at it. Frankly, Eri's one of the complete successes. I don't think she'll let herself fall to the background after she's shone so nicely.

#4 DillDoe

DillDoe

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:47 AM

Her work with Yuko was what really made me a fan of hers (the contrast was great, similar to Yuko and Rika)
I still prefered the longer haired Eri :)

#5 wankyler

wankyler

~氷姫リヂアのマニアック~

• Kouhai
  • 615 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:36 AM

I like her weirdness. And she's getting better infront of cams. No more choking. :)
Posted Image

#6 xmorfis

xmorfis

Egao!Yes!NOOB

• Uploader
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:27 AM

Sorry eri fans...I can say eri is my least fav. member...I dunno the reason...her short hair maybe...Man! I miss her lovely long hair...seems the boyish image can get my attention :huh .Somehow, she can handle the maido arii very well...and that really good!

#7 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:56 PM

No problem in saying that everyone has aleast fav member i guess when it comes down to it. The main thing is you were not bitchy about it as you stated your not all that sure hwy prehaps its the image change but even after all that you still managed to be positive about her. A well prased post IMO. As for her lovely long hair i kinda miss that she was so cute with bunches, boy im a sucka for bunches.

#8 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:56 PM

One thing I've noticed about Eri, is when she is in character during the HPN or in maido arii she was GREAT, very silly and energetic. But during the main parts of the show she is very quiet. I think thats kinda strange.

Does other ppl notice this or is it just me?

Posted Image

#9 Jens

Jens

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

One thing I've noticed about Eri, is when she is in character during the HPN or in maido arii she was GREAT, very silly and energetic. But during the main parts of the show she is very quiet. I think thats kinda strange.

Does other ppl notice this or is it just me?

Yeah, I've noticed it too. It's the same with Takahashi...then again she is always so quiet.
Maybe it's an order from the higher ups? She gets so much attention in the songs and videos so they might want her to step down and let the other members get most of the attention in H!M?
Anyway, it would be nice if both of them would be more silly, or at least take more place during most of the parts in H!M.
Posted Image

#10 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

Takahashi gets plenty of attention in the songs thats for sure but im not so sure she is as confident as many of the others when it comes down to interviews and the games sure prehaps she does not like to play or is as spontaneous as some of the others. Thats not ment as a put down its just that some are simply more likely to play up than others. Eri Kamei being one of them if she is given half the chance.

#11 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:27 PM

Maybe she feels she can be more outgoing when she's "alone" and when they're all together in the main segment, there might be the feeling of having to let the others go first/have more room.

I have a couple of friends who are like that, crazy and energetic when we're and rather quiet when we're a whole bunch of girls XD

And yes, btw, I adore Eri to death! She's definitely my favorte 6th gen and one of my favorites of the current line-up as well, among with Risa, Ai-chan and Konkon!!!
Posted Image
~ ikkaikiri no seishun ~ oh yeah! oh yeah! oh yeah! ~ dakara ii jan ~
Posted Image

#12 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

It seems that Eri Kameis last photobook was a very good seller compared to her last one so that should mean another one at some point. On the flipside tho there have been members with photobooks that are not as good sellers yet they still get more anyway. Thats not a bad thing as they are selling enough to be worthwhile it just you would think they would go abit more full out on the more popular ones. Problem is Eris last photobook will be a tough one to top so they really must get it right. Its abit early to do that now but prehaps by mid 2006 we can hope to see another.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#13 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:38 AM

is it just me or has eri been getting more lines lately? i must admit her voice isn't my favorite but it still is cute and she sounds like a pop star would. it's a cute voice. and it's getting smoother with each song XD

i, too, miss Eri's long hair. i do like her short 'do, but her long hair was very pretty. i was going to post a VERY pretty picture of eri with her long hair, but my photobucket doesn't seem to like me right now.
so i will post it later.
:rolleyes
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#14 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:06 AM

Eri's voice is suited for cutesy songs. Remember when she sang that Telephone Goal song by Nacchi? Man, that was so cute

Edited by Mugen, 07 December 2005 - 08:06 AM.

#15 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:18 PM

She has been getting more lines recentlt which is a good thing. But now that her seg has gone on Hello Morning im wondering if they will do much more i hope so i dont want her to blend into the background again.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#16 fungu_83

fungu_83

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:00 PM

I like to watch her in Eri Kamezou skits in Hello Morning. Funny duo with Yuko :lol:

#17 elasticgirl

elasticgirl

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:43 PM

I post! I post! :lol:

Eri did not start out as my favorite member back in late 2003 when I finally discovered MM, I thought she was weird looking. For my first impression of her she was really really....really quiet. The only thing she would say back then was something weird. But that's what made me like her because she was different than the rest of the members and I knew that one day her time to shine will come and I think it finally came. So maybe she's not the best singer but her personality makes up for it. This year she has finally opened up with a new look and brighter personality. At times I do miss the old weird Eri but the new her is great too. I feel the same as everyone else when Maido Arii came to an end. I thought it was sad when HPH ended but the end of Maido Arii was much worse. The segment really brought her out, but I feel that Eri's much more laid back than how she is on the show (like how you guys say she is on the main segments). But I don't think we'll lose interest in her now that Maido Arii's over. It's just up to HM to put her in a new segment or Tsunku giving her more lines, or better yet...a new unit! :c06: But this year has been a good year for Eri and I'm so happy to see how much she's grown over the years. XD

So with that said, I hope you guys are visiting my site (link on my sig) because it's the 2nd Annual Kamei Month! Praising Eri till her birthday on the 23rd. Also, I have a little request. Since you guys like Maido Arii so much I was hoping to find some people that will help translate them for me so I can time and encode them. I have a few done so far, so if you're interested please PM me.
*click* (seriously needs to update everything O_O LoLz)
Posted Image Elizabeth Kyamei forever! Posted ImageEric Kamezou forever! Posted Image

#18 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

You dont understand them but you still love them. Actually that i can relate to. Hmm anyway if you want some translations i guess i can have a go but be warned there are better people here than me for stuff like that all i can do is understand enough to realise what they are talking about. It might be worth mentiong in the request section or something i guess.

#19 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:11 AM

Takahashi gets plenty of attention in the songs thats for sure but im not so sure she is as confident as many of the others when it comes down to interviews and the games sure prehaps she does not like to play or is as spontaneous as some of the others. Thats not ment as a put down its just that some are simply more likely to play up than others. Eri Kamei being one of them if she is given half the chance.

I always figured Takahashi's quietness came from the fact that the moment her accent comes out people make a big deal about it, or the fact that she seems just naturally content to let the other girls do the talking thing and just agree or add a word here and there.

Awhile ago on HM there was the competition between 6th and 5th generation (or where there was Dragon Ai and Sailor Eri to help) take the stage and say something. Takahashi went up all of once and Eri went up a bit more but I agree they're both just not on the fly people.

#20 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:59 AM

So with that said, I hope you guys are visiting my site (link on my sig) because it's the 2nd Annual Kamei Month! Praising Eri till her birthday on the 23rd. Also, I have a little request. Since you guys like Maido Arii so much I was hoping to find some people that will help translate them for me so I can time and encode them. I have a few done so far, so if you're interested please PM me.

i did i did.. why the sad eri front page :lol:
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users