35167 replies to this topic

#35101 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

^

The guy is saying that he thought it was bold and cool how Rina avoided trading on her sister's name.  "I'm Kamei Rina, and I'm an actress, and it has nothing to do with my sister." (but in softer words)

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#35102 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:26 AM

Rina is a beautiful girl with her own career. We all know she is very proud of her sister and vice versa, but is good she wants to be acnowledge by her own work. :good:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#35103 animepoka

animepoka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 06:34 PM

Someone made an interesting video with a lot of texts! I sincerely hope something good happens! But probably it's just a daydream he's having.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yY0QWqbbGXc

#35104 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:49 AM

We are fans. Daydreaming is our way of life. :good:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#35105 animepoka

animepoka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:58 PM

We are fans. Daydreaming is our way of life. :good:

So true!

#35106 animepoka

animepoka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:48 PM

This post is not directly Eri related.

I was watching random talk show videos of the 2000-2010 MM, and don't know if it's just bias or something, the ones done with the Downtown duo seem to be the most enjoyable ones out there. There feels to be a connection of some sorts in the whole host-guest interaction. The girls seem to have the most fun and the conversation looks much less staged. Anyone else feel the same?

#35107 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 10:16 AM

Downtown are a great comedic duo in Japan. Specially in talk shows with guests Hamada Masatoshi has the more valuable asset in a host: He knows how to say the best in every moment to make the guest talk freely. That plus the sharp nonsenses from Matsumoto Hitoshi make the full experience a great memory for all.

From the first meeting with the First Generation...

https://www.dailymot...om/video/xu9f4m

To the most recent (I think)...

https://www.reddit.c...tion_dance_hey/

#35108 animepoka

animepoka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:16 AM

Downtown are a great comedic duo in Japan. Specially in talk shows with guests Hamada Masatoshi has the more valuable asset in a host: He knows how to say the best in every moment to make the guest talk freely. That plus the sharp nonsenses from Matsumoto Hitoshi make the full experience a great memory for all.

From the first meeting with the First Generation...

https://www.dailymot...om/video/xu9f4m

To the most recent (I think)...

https://www.reddit.c...tion_dance_hey/

Wow I have seen their heyheyhey debut on YT but not the buildup! Thanks for sharing the link! I think I should spend more time in DM instead of YT!

About Nakazawa...  throughout the last 10 years the feeling has gradually grown on me that her presence was what made MM awesome in the first place, from where all the other members could feel at ease to explore their funny and entertaining sides. She's long gone from the group. And right now it seems to me that a Nee-san rank such as her's should be brought back to the current group, and kept active though the next gens as a tradition. But it will probably be hard to find another Misoji as desperate as Nakazawa!

#35109 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:33 AM

He knows how to say the best in every moment to make the guest talk freely. That plus the sharp nonsenses from Matsumoto Hitoshi make the full experience a great memory for all.

That's why I miss the time when comedians were hosts of many important shows. The atmosphere was always a bit easier and sillier. Nowadays it's "Tell us something about your new song" and "Oh wow you're really good at your job"...

I know in the past they've went overboard a bit (to the points where girls cried), but bringing back a bit of teasing might actually make the girls shine more on TV.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#35110 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 04:57 PM

Also, the girls today are more... shy? polite? I miss some naughty girls like Aibon, Nono or Mikitty. Or at least a little daring like Yossy or Yaguchi.

#35111 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 12:23 PM

It mainly has to do with management, not just the girls themselves. Imagine if they let Maa-chan speak her mind or just let the normal girls (Mizuki, Ayumi and Sakura) have more fun instead of being more "professional"

#35112 animepoka

animepoka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:13 PM

All the girls pre-2011 was "Sugoi Bijin" and all looked and acted differently from each other! I checked the latest members. They are all extremely polished, polite, articulate... but all look and sound kind of the same, and after a while, boring. I don't know if something went wrong as Tsunku-san and others who choose the girls are dimensions above me as judges. But as a viewer/fan, I seem to be unable to enjoy their quirks nearly as much. There was a sense of adventure, and a variety of surprises in the actions of the pre-2011 girls. After Sayumi left in 2014, something went sideways. Probably it's my age.

Probably everyone here already knows this. A light of hope regarding Eri, Niigaki Risa has opened a YT channel called RisanTube and Makoto Ogawa has already showed up in one of her recent videos. Risa also shared one where she got double ponytails and does her "Mayuge Beam" at the end of the video. This makes me think, is she planning on bringing more members from her times? Fingers crossed. I already posted a request in the comment section of one of her latest videos asking for calling Eri. Hope she saw that.

IF ERI SHOWS UP IN ONE OF HER FUTURE VIDEOS, I WILL UPLOAD A VIDEO DOING HER "Mimizu-no Taisou, ich ni san shi, ni ni san shi"! I do it better than her lol believe me! XD

#35113 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

^ It's a combination of your age and this age of Morning Musume. For one, whatever you fall in love with when you're younger will almost always be bigger in your mind than what you find when you're older, so there's always going to be some inherent nostalgia bias when it comes to comparing the older members you knew and loved to new members you don't know very well, which also isn't a great comparison to make.

As for the age of Morning Musume, something a lot of people forget is that generations 1-8 were all given a platform in variety shows. Even members who left before HaroMoni took off still made appearances on the likes of Utaban and had the benefit of showing off their personalities with the help of seasoned professionals who know exactly how to make people look interesting. Once HaroMoni got going, every single member gained some level of variety skill and equal parts exposure, because they were on a variety show. From generation 9 onward, they did not receive this variety training nor did they receive a real platform to show off their personality, since H!P decided to change their TV shows to more documentary-style series, then performance-based series. You could very easily figure out the personalities of the current members by watching some DVD magazines, but that still doesn't compare to idols who have been explicitly trained to be funny and expressive via variety shows.

There's also H!P's general rebranding as a high-skill idol company. AKB48 quickly scaled new heights of popularity when MM's popularity started sinking, and in large part they overtook the niche that MM had previously occupied. The Platinum Era of MM gave the group a reputation for being strong, reliable performers, and after a few less than successful attempts to change course when 9th and 10th gen entered the picture, they fully dove into the lane of their idols being skilled performers, which is not something most other idol groups or companies could claim. That's why they still don't do hardly any variety, because that's not what they're about anymore. I'm sure we'd all love it if they did more of that, but idol TV shows are disappearing fast and I'm sure H!P and UF would prefer to spend their budget on vocal and dance training at this point.

As far as Eri goes, I'm of the mind that she's perfectly content where she is, and while it would be nice to see her, and she made good on her word to fully retire from entertainment. She no longer wants to be seen as a public figure, and going on YouTube would bring her back into that sphere. I think it's highly unlikely, although it is interesting to note that almost all of 5th gen is no longer under UF. Not sure how that happened. 

DDOhydd.gif

#35114 animepoka

animepoka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:41 PM

It's good not to take other's opinions to heart. I admit, I should have been less um... "abstract" in the last message! :D

Considering the state of popularity of the current MM, the comparison is valid regardless of the old MM having nostalgic values. The idea that the previous generation reached all-times highs would automatically mean the next gen can never touch that, is bogus. The latter gen should always trump the last gen in popularity. But that requires serious business to be done by people who are serious about the business. H!P/UF gave up the one thing that made MM popular in the first place, and it's not the members' on-stage performance, it's their exposure in other fronts hosted by massively popular people. Wrong move! And nobody's blaming the girls for that, coz that's not their fault. They have a serious fault, elsewhere.

The current generation girls just look plain, like the girl next door, the overall disposition being definitely not idol material. Talented? 100%! That's not gonna make them popular. As I mentioned previously, something seems to have gone sideways during the selection process. They can fake the girls into looking "enigmatic and mysterious" by uploading 1 hour videos of them drawing manga characters on youtube, that is not gonna sell. Their expressions just lack character, simple as that. Again, it's not the girls' fault. They are in the wrong industry.

I don't get what you meant by "idol TV shows are disappearing fast". To me it seems nowhere near disappearing, rather the opposite (not counting the pandemic season). If H!P/UF too think that idol TV shows are disappearing, then well, a couple fans are probably running the company lol! Tsunku has gotten older. I wonder if he made some wrong decisions either unknowingly or under pressure. Who knows?

No doubt Eri is not coming back to entertainment. That said, it's always likely that she suddenly appears on Risa's channel or elsewhere one day (probably soon). To think that that would mean her comeback to entertainment is a bit too easy. I think if she appeared, she'd do for the fun of it and not for ad-revenue. Not sure about Risa though. She's full-on mayuge-beam mode!

^-^

#35115 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:46 AM

I agree with Lurkette in missing Utaban, Asayan, Hey Hey Hey and other variety shows. About HaroMoni, the company could made an Online version to see the girls. With English subtitles for international fans. Good entertainment at low cost.

#35116 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:56 PM

I don't think Tsunku has had much input in the last few generations selection, however that isn't really on topic for Eri's thread.

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#35117 animepoka

animepoka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:45 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=tiUYl51n0FU

Gaki-san mentions Eri thrice while answering fan questions. All I could get from the auto captions is that she is not connected to her actively and would be happy to meet her again. Hope something good happens soon!

If there is someone here who understands Nihongo please let us know what else she said about Eri in the answers.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: She mentions Eri again at the end of the video. Also there will be two more QA videos following this one.

#35118 ShikyoxYaiba

ShikyoxYaiba

Loves the Atomic Warhead of Foolishness. :]

• Senpai
  • 3118 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:37 AM

I don't think I've logged into this account for...at least 5-7 years now. And to think I logged back in just for GakiKame crumbs. I decided to check out this thread for nostalgia only to find that Gaki-san has a yt channel and mentioned Kame?! So although it's belated, I will loosely translate what she said. (My Japanese isn't perfect, but I try.)

There were two questions in the first half of the video asking if Gaki-san has been in contact with Eri recently. She said no, not recently, and that she hopes Kame is doing well. (And it'd be nice if Kame is watching her YT channel/video lol.)

3rd mention (~13:30). It's hard to hear the question since the person is far from the mic. But it sounds like there were a lot of requests/comments about GakiKame and whether or not they'd be doing anything together... Gaki-san's response to this was actually quite long and a little scattered. Something along the lines of: GakiKame know they're loved, [and Kame also knows people still love her a lot, and she's happy]. (Part in brackets I'm slightly less sure about.) Gaki-san also thinks it'd be really fun to get together with Kame again, but she thinks it'd be really difficult to do. Because Kame has retired from the entertainment industry. If she sad to say, sorry, but it probably won't happen. Gaki-san thinks it's better to let Kame continue living happily as she has been. Though Gaki-san thinks getting together for something like GakiKame again would be fun, she thinks it's more important to let Kame live her life and continue enjoying it as she wants. She won't say that the chance is zero, but if she had to say right now, it won't happen. Sorry.

Honestly, it's enough for me to know that 1) people still think about GakiKame and 2) Gaki-san respects Kame enough to say all that for everyone to know. I feel like the respect and friendship is still there, even if they're not really in touch that much.

The very last question was asking for: a memory of GakiKame? Gaki-san said she has a ton of memories, but the one that she remembers most is the haunted house. (I think it's this.) Even now she thinks about it lol.

idk if there are mentions in part 2/3, but I'll listen to them some other time.

--

Edit: One more fun thing. Someone asked what Platinum Era duo Eri-pon and Fuku-chan resemble in Gaki-san's opinion. The pairs Gaki-san named were AiGaki, GakiKame, and SayuEri, but said they're like none of them lol.

#35119 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:48 AM

It's good to know that Kame feels she is loved a lot because that is we want for her. After all, Doesn't all the people love Eri Kamei? ^_^

Also I enjoy the haunted house. :omg:

#35120 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 10:36 AM

Even between beautiful, funny and cute girls, Eri shines. <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users