• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#41 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

^^ Whoa? That was quick for a hiatus. SorryI'm missing out on a lot because of my troublesome internet connection. I have a feeling that Rie will be burned out being all new in the industry but wouldn't that be problematic now that Ladybaby's in an upturn these days?

#42 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:17 AM

Damn, i didn't even know about it :/ 

I thought so too, I feel like they were doing so much wayy too quickly. Like, one single and suddenly they're performing in other countries. It was all very fast pace. Sometimes I forget that the girls are young and it's hard to deal with tight schedules like that. It's a shame really, i hope they'll be back soon and not disband like a ton of other groups do when they announce "hiatus".

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#43 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

Looks like Rie's going to have her image BD/DVD to be released this June 23:

BD: http://sp.dmm.com/mo...d/n_641enbd5019

DVD: http://sp.dmm.com/mo...d/n_641enfd5725

In Tokyo Lily:
https://tokyolily.jp...f7bc4&name=金子理江

So even if Ladybaby's in hiatus, we can still get a glimpse of Rie.

#44 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:38 PM

^ And Ladybeard is still doing stuff too:

#45 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:18 PM

^^ And Rie is doing more gravure. This is too risque:

#46 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

More magazine appearances of Kaneko Rie from various sources. Sorry, can't post what publications they came out from because of the lack of an internet connection:

Spoiler

And finally! someone has posted a youtube video of her appearance in

Work Please!

#47 TVTanaka

TVTanaka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

^ at around 15:16 in the video shes says "i'm Britney Spears!" in a funny voice, curious as to why she said that, but it's hilarious either way. 

#48 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

She did that as punishment for losing the challenge. It's common to have a "batsu game" if you lose in a competition and hers was "monomane" (impression). 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#49 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:40 PM

Going back to this topic about the hiatus, I'd say, isn't it a bit too soon for them to have one? Anyway, some talk about it can be found here  and here.

Anyway, a best-of album at this height of their career? I mean, a burnout can be possible but then when you get this kind of announcement you kind of see that it's a bit ridiculous (even S/Mileage had to have a good 2 years before they went off with a best of and even then I think that was inappropriate) and what can you do with 6 commercially released songs?

Somehow I'd hate that feeling that LADYBABY had that one-trick pony aspect in it but I hope that the resting period would be used to furthering the craft. Right now, Rie gets to appear in more shows and magazine appearances but I hope she could put that into good use (the way I see it, she really needs to be more comfy with the cameras and avoid putting off that dumb beauty stereotype.)

Any idea what Rei would do during this period? I hate that weird feeling that her junior idol past can become a hindrance because I find her really cool.

#50 TVTanaka

TVTanaka

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:11 AM

How do you do a best-of album before you have even done your 1st full regular album? Yea that is strange. 

She did that as punishment for losing the challenge. It's common to have a "batsu game" if you lose in a competition and hers was "monomane" (impression). 

Good to know, thanks. 

#51 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:43 AM

isn't it a bit too soon for them to have one?

Any idea what Rei would do during this period? I hate that weird feeling that her junior idol past can become a hindrance because I find her really cool.

It was also a bit soon for them to have shows abroad, they did everything a lot quicker than what you would normally do. Instead of a healthy fanbase growth they decided to just ride the hype train and that's it (at least for now) no matter what consequences it has on them. It's possible the best-of album is meant ironic but based on their prior management I doubt that. Even if it is ironic, they still do it so it kind of loses it's statement-value anyways.

As for Rei, she's still doing gravure (she pumped out so many releases lately, like never before) and seems quite happy with it. She also never stopped doing it and I doubt it would be a hindrance of any kind for potential jobs. Overseas people always react like she committed some crime or is in some super illegal activities...it's really just gravure, no big deal. Anyways there is also BRATS of course. That's quite enough for her to do if you ask me, she still has to go to school.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#52 eRDe7

eRDe7

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

A little bit older (160515), but it seems it wasn't posted.

(Rei should stay away from drugs, haha.)

and 160529

#53 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:22 AM

Didn't know LadyBaby was on hiatus.
I didn't come across any news about it especially from Natalie or Tokyo Girls Update.

Speaking of TGU, they actually released this video yesterday which was done back in 2015.

TGU After Talk with LadyBaby.

Rie's speaking voice is really nice.
Rei doesn't talk much, is that how she is normally?

Just wondering, how well is LadyBaby recieved in Japan?
When they appeared on Idol Otakarakuji, they were voted out on their first appearance.
I expected them to last atleast 1 or 2 rounds as they only had so much songs, also because they were supposedly a high profile group, with all the promotion they had in 2015.
So my conclusion was that the wotas didn't like LadyBeard ^^;

Now that I learn that they are on hiatus, it does look like LadyBeard is not for Japan.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#54 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

That remains to be seen. Right now there's not much news on LADYBABY at this point but looking at Rie's career, she's all over the place. If LADYBABY will suffer a silent death at this point with the hiatus just as good as letting it die out, it only goes to show that it was just as what I mentioned awhile back, a "one trick pony."

I don't see any hate for LADYBEARD though.

(I'd reiterate this again but Rie needs to change her baka image. It can be bad in the long run.)

#55 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

Their purpose always just seemed to be to ride the BM hype train for a bit to make some cash without any real intention to grow an actual fanbase. In that sense it doesn't surprise me they didn't make it far and weren't well received. For Rie it seemed to have been a stepping stone into variety and gravure. Stuff around Rei got very silent. It looks like she indeed quit modelling for now (or got kicked out) and is not doing any jobs at the moment as far as I can see. All she really does is make depressing tweets, occasionally sharing a photo of her self-harm (several lines of cuts on her forearms) and talking about how she doesn't want to live anymore. 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#56 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

^
^Not hate, more along the lines of not buyng into his gimmick.

What are the odds of some American children rights group are the ones behind LadyBaby shutting down after they saw LadyBeard with the 2 girls in New York.

I hope someone can help Rei out.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#57 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

^^ As what I've known, Rei and Rie are hosting this idol show (I forgot the name but it's been announced in the Ladybaby FB Fanpage.) Somehow, I could see that being a temporary respite while the group is in a hiatus.

While I could see no problems right now about Rie getting gigs because she's all over the place (a gravure BD/DVD, constant magazine appearances, constant TV appearances) I'd felt that this had kind of left Rei set aside. Not sure what Rick Magarey A.K.A. Ladybeard's plans will be after this gig but I'm sure his Ladybaby stint would open more opportunities for him.

I personally think and worry (and please don't bash me for this) that somehow, Rei's Child Idol gigs could have some impact on her chances on being marketable. It can't be swept under the rug that she had made quite a considerable number of titles and relating this to @Zam's comments about their overseas gig, they might run against legal problems with authorities overseas because of that.

I was kind of thinking why Rei didn't change her name from the name she used in her child idol gigs. Sakurako Iida from TPD was known as Sakurako Maki the child idol, but then, there could be reasons.

About her posting questionable things in Twitter, it's been a topic quite some time ago and somehow Rei deleted it once it became 2ch fodder. It's also kind of weird that Rie follows Rei but Rei doesn't return the favor. Not that I'm telling anything or it's just Rei's schtick.

Rie's timing couldn't be any better than now; she entered the entertainment industry at the right age, the right time, right moment, with the oh-so right body. The agency might be banking her off of that while they still can, but I hope that what I'm thinking about Ladybaby being Rie's star vehicle is wrong.

#58 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

I personally think and worry (and please don't bash me for this) that somehow, Rei's Child Idol gigs could have some impact on her chances on being marketable. It can't be swept under the rug that she had made quite a considerable number of titles and relating this to @Zam's comments about their overseas gig, they might run against legal problems with authorities overseas because of that.

There is no reason they'd run into any problems at all, no legal ground for anything like that. They aren't breaking any laws and it's nothing to be ashamed of too. No promoter will care or even put that much research into it when booking them. Momo Shiina is a prime example that having done gravure as a young girl isn't some kind of burden, she's doing perfectly fine and had some really good TV and even movie jobs. I thought that topic was settled a long time ago. People are always so paranoid about gravure, it's sad.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#59 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:02 PM

I'm not sure why people seem to think Reis gravure is anything to worry about, Kyary did at least as much at an even younger age and look at her now

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#60 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

There is no reason they'd run into any problems at all, no legal ground for anything like that. They aren't breaking any laws and it's nothing to be ashamed of too. No promoter will care or even put that much research into it when booking them. Momo Shiina is a prime example that having done gravure as a young girl isn't some kind of burden, she's doing perfectly fine and had some really good TV and even movie jobs. I thought that topic was settled a long time ago. People are always so paranoid about gravure, it's sad.

The difference is that Momo has never been to US and she isn't in the spotlight.
I can see those fanatic "human" rights group would pick on LadyBaby for the reason that the girls are/were junior idols.
They won't have any problems at home in Japan, its just US thats worrisome.

Rei is quite popular from just looking at the number of DVD under her name.
I think she is as popular as Momo once.
I am not sure currently as I don't notice her much recently.
Has Rei retired like Momo?
What is strange is that I have not noticed Rie Kaneko before in the junior idol circuit before ^^;

The only reason I can think of when they have to change their names is becoz of copyright issues.
Some models that I notice would change names when they change agency.
This is what I also noticed, when a model decides to go into more mature gravure stuff ( not talking about AV just more risque ), they would change their name in order not to be associated with their previous released titles.
My guess is that the copyrights owners of the casual gravure titles do not want to be associated with those more risque productions.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users