• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#21 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

^^ The intense to cute progression of Renge Chance reminds me of Maximum the Hormone but this is kind of acquired taste for me.

But C'est Si Bon Kibun is an earworm on the first listen.

EDIT: I was able to catch this Q&A with Kaneko Rie for today's Shuupure news and there was a tiny bit of information about our Kaneko Rie in H!P:

http://www.excite.co...0315_62408.html

Some translations:

Ahahaha. At the time when you were in 2nd year high school when you applied for Miss ID, was there a chance for you to be invited by the singer Oomori Seiko?

Yeah. Originally, we were just acquaintances; Oomori followed me by chance in my Twitter account. Seiko-san was a H!P-fan and there was a Kenshuusei Member called "Kaneko Rie." Because this girl just started her twitter account, if you try googling it, my account will be the one popping out!

-Great! but it's the wrong Kaneko Rie.

#22 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

Two new Ladybaby music videos. 

They definitely stick to their theme, good songs. Like the second one more since it has more kawaii in it but the comedy aspect of the first shouldn't be underrated either.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#23 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

This is a bit late but some videos I found:

One of her Young Jump interview:

An idol show with Kuromiya Rei:

#24 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:16 AM

Rie was a guest last night at Shabekuri007. She made a slight appearance at the very end of the show and somehow, revealed a surprising part of her life.

She mentioned she lived once in a One Box Car because she had no money and her mother was going out somewhere, "making boyfriends" which I think is really patchy at best. I mean, she showed her mother in twitter account. Why'd make that kind of statement?

I mean, is it still possible to make a happy face still despite all of this?

The mystery that is Kaneko Rie:

#25 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

Rie's motivation for that is up for interpretation. Her idea might be to just take the bull by the horns (that's the translation I found for my local idiom I wanted to use). Don't hide it, just flat out say it and let honesty work for her. We know there are many sad things about her, most recent thing the passing of her dad, so she might turn that into positive energy of being an idol. I personally feel like you can see in her eyes that she's quite tired and "fed up" so to speak but that's just me.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#26 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:11 AM

The truth is, it gave me the impression that she kind of glossed over some things and clocking at 2 minutes, it's something that brings about so many questions. Not that I don't believe her story but, like what Arita Teppei asked her if it's the truth, it's a kind of story that makes you ask that question.
Like, what's her mother's relationship with her father? Especially when he died? Were they divorced already?
Somehow I could see her being sincere enough.
Anyway, she appears in the latest issue of Young Champion and tomorrow is her appearance at a show about work.

#27 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

Speaking of the Young Champion scans, here they are!

Whoever is comparing her to Ikoma Rina and Kago Ai, I can somehow see the semblance except she's about 100x hotter.

Spoiler

#28 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:39 AM

Ladybaby interviews in English!

Other parts to be provided in their blog. :D

#29 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

Rie Kaneko and her appearance in Hama-chan.

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x414ql5

Unfortunately I couldn't find any episodes of Work Please being saved so I'll just save the episodes to be in the TV Asahi webpage.

#30 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:03 AM

Rie had an appearance in the show Harahori a few days ago. Today, she made an appearance in TRICK HUNTER:

http://www.dailymoti...死の謎-part1-2_fun

http://www.dailymoti...死の謎-part2-2_fun

Episodes of Work Please can be seen here. Check it out while they haven't updated it yet:

http://www.tv-asahi....ga/work_please/

Also, some appearances in the latest issue of FLASH:

Spoiler

#31 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

LADYBABY's first ever one-man live in Japan on April 15th will be streamed live via Niconico Live!

#32 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:23 PM

I would just like to suggest for any fans of LADYBABY to please check out BRATS. This is Rei Kuromiya's band with her sister Aya and friend Hiyori. Rei is lead singer for the band, Aya plays bass, and Hiyori plays guitar. Their music is sort of like punk rock and Rei really gives off this punk rock vibe. They have only released two singles so far 「MISERY」 on April 10, 2015, which was sold in CD format at their live shows only, and 「十四歳病」 also known as "Juu Yon Sai Byou", which was released on November 21, 2015 on YouTube as their first official music video.

I met Rei in Shibuya after her BRATS performance in November at the Bakuonsai music festival. She's an awesome girl. Very polite, respectful and attentive to the conversation. I talked to her briefly during the cheki and then when I was outside smoking a cigarette she walked out by herself and stopped by to thank me again and we talked for a little bit. It was so cool and quite interesting since my Japanese is limited and her English is very limited so she was intently trying to translate what she wanted to say to me using her phone and then showing me the translated text on her phone. It was awesome. Aya and Hiyori are really nice as well and the girls are amazing live. If anybody gets the chance to see them perform I highly recommend them.

Official 「十四歳病」 Music Video

(Lyrics written by Matsunaga Temma of URBANGARDE and video directed by Azuma Kanae, director of LADYBABY's music video for 「セシボン・キブン/C'est si bon Kibun」 and the film 「Heavy Shabby Girl」)

BRATS performing 「MISERY」at Club Crawl in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan for the tkmk爆女祭vol 1~渋谷編~ Bakuonsai music festival on November 24, 2015

BRATS performing 「十四歳病」(Juu Yon Sai Byou) [English: 14 Years Old Disease] at Club Crawl in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan for the tkmk爆女祭vol 1~渋谷編~ Bakuonsai music festival on November 24, 2015

BRATS performing 「ツナグ」 (Tsunagu) [English: Connect] at Shibuya Cross-FM in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan on December 26, 2015

https://www.youtube....h?v=7QZdRzddweY

BRATS Live 2015/06/06

https://www.youtube....h?v=6ygkSPt070k

My favorite song of all three is "MISERY". It's such an awesome song with a great hook and I really think it deserves more recognition and success, "Juu Yon Sai Byou" is a really catchy song and the video is so cool. I love how they slow things down on "Tsunagu". It almost has a country music sound to it and Rei's vocals are beautiful on it. Also check out the BRATS official website at http://brats.tk/ and their Ameba page at http://ameblo.jp/brats-jp/

DzUS7nJ.jpg

MkZOohF.jpg

And just for fun here is my cheki with Rei :)

LZ5SZf9h.jpg

#33 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:30 PM

I met Rei in Shibuya after her BRATS performance in November at the Bakuonsai music festival. She's an awesome girl. Very polite, respectful and attentive to the conversation. I talked to her briefly during the cheki and then when I was outside smoking a cigarette she walked out by herself and stopped by to thank me again and we talked for a little bit. It was so cool and quite interesting since my Japanese is limited and her English is very limited so she was intently trying to translate what she wanted to say to me using her phone and then showing me the translated text on her phone. It was awesome. Aya and Hiyori are really nice as well and the girls are amazing live. If anybody gets the chance to see them perform I highly recommend them.

She was probably hoping you'd offer her a cigarette too. ^^; Jokes aside, I'm really happy you had this great experience and that BRATS is actually still a thing. I find it a bit sad she apparently gave up on guitar and that Maria isn't doing drums anymore but it's still better than have the unit drop completely.

You know with the image Rei portrays, from this distance, she always made me worry a bit. But she seems to genuinely enjoy what she does, your conversation with her proves it. It seems like such an awesome and memorable encounter as well. Treasure it man, and I'm sure the next time you'll see her she'll even remember you.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#34 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:50 PM

^^ Yup, makes me worry as well, but it looks like she's having fun. There's something about Rie and Rei that makes them both look like "out of the conventional."

Also, Rei has a very well balanced voice. Thanks for the information @VizMajor and please populate this one with more Rei news (since I'm a Rie oshi :D)

#35 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

She was probably hoping you'd offer her a cigarette too. ^^; Jokes aside, I'm really happy you had this great experience and that BRATS is actually still a thing. I find it a bit sad she apparently gave up on guitar and that Maria isn't doing drums anymore but it's still better than have the unit drop completely. You know with the image Rei portrays, from this distance, she always made me worry a bit. But she seems to genuinely enjoy what she does, your conversation with her proves it. It seems like such an awesome and memorable encounter as well. Treasure it man, and I'm sure the next time you'll see her she'll even remember you.

I actually thought she was at first haha. Considering she loves to use the smoking emoji in her tweets. It would be cool if she brought the guitar back in her performances but maybe she just wants to concentrate on singing and having both hands free while performing. Maybe she still practices and will bring it back later on hopefully. It would be awesome if they get a drummer then they would be a complete band. They really need to be pushed more but who knows what plans management has for them. Yeah that moment was definitely one of the best I've had with idols and she's one of my favorite idols so it was so surreal.

^^ Yup, makes me worry as well, but it looks like she's having fun. There's something about Rie and Rei that makes them both look like "out of the conventional."

Also, Rei has a very well balanced voice. Thanks for the information @VizMajor and please populate this one with more Rei news (since I'm a Rie oshi :D)

Her voice is really great. It works well in both rock and slow songs.

No problem. LOL you make it pretty clear you really love Rie. Thank you for all the updates on her as well. I never knew she is part Filipino and knows Tagalog. That's pretty cool to me since I'm mixed with Filipino myself. And yeah Rei is one of my favorite idols so I try to find as much info as I can on her.

#36 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

「蓮華チャンス!/Renge Chance !」 Live 名古屋 (Mini-Live At Nagoya PARCO 20160410)

「ニッポン饅頭 / Nippon Manju」Live 名古屋 (Mini-Live At Nagoya PARCO 20160410)

#37 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

@VizMajor Actually there was a Twitter post Rie made before, a screenshot where she spoke to her mother using "po" which is a word used in a sentence to denote respect to elders, which means that she is at least familiar with the Filipino language. Unfortunately, it was deleted. She also has a best friend by the name of Kathryn, who is featured prominently at times in her Twitter account, whom I reckon is also half-Filipino.

#38 eRDe7

eRDe7

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

#39 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:53 AM

So, I was watching a few videos online and went to see if one of the youtubers i'm subscribed too has anything new. She (abipop) didn't, but i found something pretty amazing and i'm kinda sad that i never found it sooner lmao. I figured a lot of people might not have seen this so here you are! 

Here we have LADYBABY (Minus Rie) tasting jelly beans lmao. Because it was held during Hyper Japan last year, it's in english so Rei doesn't talk much, but her reactions are adorable and Ladybeard was hilarious ^^; 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#40 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

Nobody mentioned yet they announced going on hiatus? Well, they'll go on hiatus. They said it during their one-man live. Honestly, I'm not surprised they (especially Rie) need a break. I called it from the very beginning, they were just doing too much too quick without any proper managing from staff. Especially Rie who has no experience whatsoever was doomed to crumble under the pressure and sudden tight schedule eventually, personal tragedies too to make things worse. Hopefully staff learns their lesson from this. But they probably won't like soooo many other groups before them.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users