Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:13 AM

Going~

#22 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

Heard about this earlier today and I am totally still in denial, :gitaa: I need to look up more information and figure out costs and transportation but would love to do it.

On a note I'm okay with Q&A and concert but most groups that performs at cons have autograph session/ handshake so maybe they will announce other stuff too.

Berryz did a Q&A and then a concert, with an autograph session afterwards. They were also two different days. I think they'll be doing the same thing here. I mean Morning Musume did a handshake meeting after NYC, so I'm positive they'll be doing something after one of the events.

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#23 Ines

Ines

RxR

• Senpai
  • 845 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

Going!!! Especially after missing MM when they came to L.A. during the platinum era and last year in N.Y. So glad Houston is only 4 hours away o_o

Posted Image

#24 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

I'm happy for US fans that MM will be coming again, but why did they have to choose anime matsuri?! The owner has been very nasty to some of the guests. I really don't want it to happen to MM as well.

http://egl.livejourn...m/19950994.html

http://www.boycottam...why-boycott-am/

#25 ayumini

ayumini

4th gen member

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:28 PM

It's my impression that UFA has been notified about this btw ^ picked it up from Facebook

#26 Friday

Friday

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

I kinda hope they don't cancel, as the flight and badges are non refundable :x

Other than that, as long as I meet MM again, I don't care how the con goes.

#27 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:06 PM

Info and stories about John Leigh, the creepy director of AM who likes to perve on girls and scam guests  :c03:

https://lolcow.farm/b/res/47439.html (sorry for linking a chan site but it has lots of screencaps and links)

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#28 Friday

Friday

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:03 PM

Well, booked my trip and gonna book my ticket soon too~

I honestly hope they have a handshake event so I can tell them how awesome they are~

#29 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:13 AM

I'm really sorry because I'm not usually one to stir up trouble but...

You don't care how the con goes? You don't care about the girls going in contact with a pervert who has been known to sexually harass underage girls, neglect guests and doesn't pay the performers? 

Honestly, that's kind of selfish. If they have a bad experience, they won't go back to any USA cons for a long time.

I'm all for them performing at cons, and want them to go back to the USA but Anime Matsuri is bad news.

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#30 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:40 AM

I don't care how the con goes.

I know what you mean, but you really, really should care. The NYC concert was honestly kind of an organizational mess. Based on Anime Matsuri's track record, it seems like it will be even worse in Houston. As much as you love the group, the frustration of missed opportunities, confusion, and lack of control based on ignorant staff not having their s*** together, time problems, communication issues, and other logistical mishaps will affect your experience and negatively affect the pleasant memory of meeting/watching the girls in at least some way. I don't really see it running smoothly, and that makes me sad, seeing as the foreign fans really deserve to have a pleasant, worry-free, idol-tastic time.

Posted Image

#31 xingwa

xingwa

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:52 AM

I can see both sides of argument on this issue. For one, people should not support trash like John Leigh. But fans naturally want to see their fav and being an oversea fan, our chances are very slim. We shouldn't blame anyone from "wanting" to see MM16 if they have a chance. I'm put all blame on the management this time around. It is up to UPF to look after the welfare of the girls and this includes who they partner with. I'm willing to spent that crazy VIP price if MM16 is doing a standalone concert like in NY because I know I won't be supporting a convention ran by this John Leigh person. 

#32 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:11 AM

Pretty sure UF* won't do anything about the concert especially because people already booked flights and bought tickets and refund is difficult or impossible.

I do hope everything will go well for the girls. I do believe that they won't experience the worst, since they're completely surounded by staff, but I worry about UF*'s money lol.

But yeah, of all the conventions, Anime Matsuri. I guess UF* didn't really read up about it when they were invited.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#33 Friday

Friday

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

See

I'm really sorry because I'm not usually one to stir up trouble but...

You don't care how the con goes? You don't care about the girls going in contact with a pervert who has been known to sexually harass underage girls, neglect guests and doesn't pay the performers? 

Honestly, that's kind of selfish. If they have a bad experience, they won't go back to any USA cons for a long time.

I'm all for them performing at cons, and want them to go back to the USA but Anime Matsuri is bad news.

See that's the thing: I don't WANT them to have a bad experience, I don't want anything bad to happen, but I REALLY want to support them in a concert seeing that I'm not able to go overseas. I want to boost THEIR sales (merchandise, maybe autographs if they charge, CDs, t-shirts) I'm really just going for them. Of course I'm worried about every other underage girl at the concert including the girls themselves, but there's got to be another way other than not seeing them in concert because of one guy. Especially a guy who can be easily Chris Hansen'd to jail. And I'm not about to let unorganization stop me from seeing MM in concert.

Plus I can't blame management for not knowing these things about a anime convention in Texas. I had to google Anime Matsuri just to know where it is.

#34 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:16 AM

Can't go :sob:

If I had the funds, and I wasn't a nursing student and actually had the time to go, then yeah. I would.

Hope those who go have fun ^_^

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#35 meidoraburabu

meidoraburabu

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

I know I personally plan to spend a ton at the merch booth. Hopefully, even if the event pulls something shady the fan support will show UPF it's not the US that's the issue its the shady conchair.

#36 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

I didn't know there were so much drama from AM. This is my first time I am going to an HUGE convention.  Recently, my city started having anime/comic con/geek conventions.

Anyways, Do anyone knows what time is the Q&A starts? My classes end at 11am. I would love to see them up close and take pictures. lol Also, I thought about leaving Saturday just for the concert.

#37 ayumins

ayumins

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

I plan on going and was going to buy a SuperPass on Monday but dang, it sold out. >> I'm hoping that a miracle happens and they sale more SuperPasses but if not, I'll settle for an event pass. 

"Always smile." - 石田亜佑美

#38 meidoraburabu

meidoraburabu

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

I plan on going and was going to buy a SuperPass on Monday but dang, it sold out. >> I'm hoping that a miracle happens and they sale more SuperPasses but if not, I'll settle for an event pass. 

the site said they were only doing 300 superpasses which sucks i wonder if any were even really left by the time of the MM '16 announcement.

#39 Momomochi

Momomochi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1106 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:09 PM

I want to confirm that I'm going too and will be decked out in Sea Blue.

uxQTqcJ.png

<3 Favorite Idols: Yume Kudo Ruli Hiromoto  - Yume Aoyagi  <3

#40 sanos

sanos

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:40 PM

So, anyone interested in sharing hotel to get expenses down? I'l just be going the 27th for the concert and coming back to Mexico on the 28th :arrow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users