235 replies to this topic

#221 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:45 PM

Great accounts, arigatou minna!

Ines, With your line to Mizuki about her smile weren't you tempted to say, "egao no kimi ga tayousa"? ;)

Watching the concert video, I'm in disbelief at seeing Miki perform in a wheelchair! ( It's cute but...Japanese attitude towards work is x_x ). I lol-ed at Eripon's solicitation of "ichiban suki" from the crowd XD  I'm enjoying them all trying to appeal to the large chunk of new fans, there's a fresh feeling in the air. That's cool to hear that there are so many anime/Japanese-culture-fans that are uninitiated into Momusu - e~xcellent.

#222 scopefun

scopefun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

^ It seems Miki was offered to decline to come to Houston. She wanted to come. And wanted to perform.

You can totally see that she wouldn't have missed this event, and really loves MM, if you see how she stood up in the MC concert when Mizuki did the MM shout in circle.

Mizuki herself had to tell her to sit down.

It's not about work anymore, it is about passion and dreams.

And I think a lot of people would have to go to work before completely recovering, even with a broken foot.

It's not just about Japan or idols.

#223 DD7

DD7

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

Ok so I'll try to keep this as short as possible but here is how my autograph session went: 

First up with Mizuki I was so nervous that I could barely get out any words but I did manage a thank you and the same pretty much with Eripon. I knew I had to say something good to Zukki so until I got to her I really couldn't concentrate on anything else. I don't speak Japanese but I figured out a few phrases I could use. I told Zukki that I loved her the most in Japanese and she responded in english that she loved me too  <3 ! My mom was also at the concert with me and didn't win the raffle so in broken japanese I explained that my mom was standing right right by that autograph booth and loved her too. I pointed my mom out and Zukki waved to her. It really made my mom's trip! Zukki is so pretty in person. Like others have said photos don't do her justice. We both said our goodbyes and I moved to the next girl. With Haruna I mentioned that the New Pokemon games had just been announced and we both said that we were going to get them. I told Ayumi her dancing was cool and she said thank you. For Maachan she's always been one of my least favorite members but lately i've really grown to like her. Even so,I didn't know what to say to her other than hello and thanks for coming to America. She giggled and thanked me for coming to see them. I told Haruka that I was happy she and Zukki got be centers in Oh My Wish! and got more solo lines. At first she just shook her head in agreement then it like like something clicked and she understood what I was saying and she was really happy and agreed. I told sakura that her voice was beautiful (in japanese) and she said thank you but she seemed really modest about it. I tried to tell Haachin that her figure skating was cool but she didn't seem to understand so I did her figure skating pose and she mimicked it and said thank you. Miki started speaking to me in English but I don't really remember what we said to each other. I do remember that it was funny to me though because we were both speaking in a really formal way and I usually don't talk like that but I just followed her lead lol! Next I was really surprised because Maria greeted me in english my saying "hello how are you?". I responded that I was really good and asked her the same. She said she was excited to be in America. I told her that I liked Sayumi and she said in english "me too!" I was really impressed my Maria. Not just her english but how engaged she was in our conversation. She really looked into my eyes and listened to what I was saying as oppsed to Miki who despite speaking english fluently seem to more talk at me rather than with me. (I still like Miki though but It feels like sometimes she concentrates too hard on getting her english right that she doesn't actually listen when you talk to her beacuse she thinking of how to say the next thing in english). Last was Akane. I was so shocked that I had an english convo with Maria that i kinda drew a blank with Akane but she smiles and waved goodbye to me and i did the same. Them I looked up and Aika was there waving at me with camera so I waved at Aika and that was it. I was very happy with the whole thing. For me just seeing the girls one more time before Zukki graduates would have been good enough but to actually meet them was a dream come true. After this weekend I feel a lot more at peace about Zukki's graduation. At first I wasn't sure if I'd stay in the fandom after Zukki left but after meeting them I'll definitely continue to support MM! 

Edit- Sorry that ended up being too long lol!

Current: (MM) Kaede Miki Sakura (A) Moe Shion (JJ) Ruru Rei Ichika (TF) Yumeno (BYD): Momohime Kokoro Reina (Ocha): Kanami Kirara Natsume Kss: Ayana Karin Yulia Graduated: Zukki Riho 48 Groups: Cuca

#224 japangirlcmw

japangirlcmw

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

It was the best, you guys!

Since I speak Japanese, I was glad to be able to converse with everyone! I told Kanon that she was my favorite, and that I'm glad that she can pursue her dream of social work. She seemed really touched...I joked around with Duu, and told Masaki that her introduction at the concert was perfect--there was much excitement and squealing from her. :-) I told the new girls that their dancing was amazing, and Miki and and I spoke some English about Texas, since it was my first time there. 

Basically, dreams came true. I got to be front row at the concert and actually got to speak to my idols...I don't know what to do now, my dream has been accomplished!

Here is my treasure. Ahhhh guys...

789963af3ae7340466cfeceabc5ab97a76776100

明日を指差し夢を抱いて
輝く未来を築きあげよう

#225 Da-manta-ray

Da-manta-ray

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1306 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

Since everyone's posting their fan accounts, I thought I'd at least share mine here for those who are curious: http://da-manta-ray....hake-experience

My Favourites!

MM OGs: Suzuki Kanon, Yoshizawa Hitomi ~ Current MM: Iikubo Haruna, Makino Maria

Berryz: Tsugunaga Momoko ~ ANGERME: Meimi ~ Country Girls: Ozeki Mai ~ Kobushi Factory: Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako

#226 Ines

Ines

RxR

• Senpai
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

@chisafan: Haha good one!! Maybe I can use that next time. I was so caught off guard when Mizuki and her handler noticed my notes that I couldn't even think on my feet. XD

Next time, I'd like to harmonize just one line from a OdaSaya duet with Odachan.
(=_=)+

Posted Image

#227 meidoraburabu

meidoraburabu

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:57 AM

miki- she asked if there were crabs on my scarf and explained to ogata and miki what my scarf represented. 

Oh! I met you at the Q&A! Haha, you looked super excited at the autograph session.

#228 hollowmoon

hollowmoon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

I got there early Friday afternoon and after checking in and getting our badges (my sister and her boyfriend were with me) we searched the dealer's room for the merch table. I wasn't exactly sure where it was, and NONE of the STAFF could point us in the right direction either! Finally I saw another girl with the shirt and towel so I asked her to direct me, we finally got there and I got ticket #374 after purchasing the stuff. 

We went down to line up shortly after 6 on Saturday. I have a walker due to an nasty accident I had and an injury with my leg, so I was put in the disabled line. (I was dressed as Nico from Love Live! if you saw me). They let us in first, but then immediately let in everyone else so it was a crush to get to the stage. My sister actually had to yell at a couple people who were trying to push in front of me and the other disabled people! We got settled though and I was pushed right up against the barrier at the front left of the stage. I'm not sure if she's on here but I recognized another girl who was at the NYC concert, she was interviewed on the DVD and was shown a couple times in the audience at that show. Anyway the concert was great! I managed to rock out even while sitting down, and I found myself in the later released group photo. We found out about the raffle after the concert, but the numbers hadn't been drawn yet so we went back to our room. 

I woke up at 7:15 Sunday morning and thought, oh man, I can sleep for a little longer then I'll take a shower and head down. I woke up again and looked at the clock and it was 10:15! I jumped out of bed and quickly got ready. I wasn't sure if I was in on the autographs or not but I had gotten the magical first 400 ticket so I was let in line. I chatted with the girl in front of me a little bit, she was very nice and had come in from Austin. We were both super nervous! The line moved pretty quick though and the girls were interacting with the fans who couldn't get in, posing and such for pictures when there was a lull. At one point I heard the staff say that Momusu's manager had told them not to let anyone else in line if they came late (I later learned the auto session started late too!). They said it was a good thing he didn't speak English and some people who came late were let in line. I'm not sure when they cut it off.

I got up to Mizuki and was totally star struck! I meant to take pictures and completely forgot! I thanked them for coming (I had the towel signed). They were all very sweet. Ayumi told me she liked my earrings, Haruka noticed my NYC concert shirt and asked me if I had been there, I said yes and she gave me a thumbs up and said, "Cool." Maa-chan was probably the sweetest, she was so visibly happy to be there! She posed for my picture. When I finally got to Miki I had recovered a bit from my shock and I knew I had to say something because I was never going to get the opportunity to again, I suffer from anxiety and depression, sometimes very bad depression, and Momusu has picked me up so many times when I couldn't do it alone. Miki signed my towel and I said something along the lines of, "I wanted to say something to you all but I didn't have the words. I just wanted you to know that when I am hurting (at this point I started crying) that Momusu has always been there to cheer me up. And I wanted to thank you for that." Miki said, "Oh!" and teared up, then told me "I'll tell them that for you." I can't even remember who was after her (I was crying pretty good at this point, sorry guys!) I walked away from the table crying, my heart was just totally full of emotion. It was an absolute dream come true and I really wouldn't trade it for anything! 

I forgot to mention, Aika was one of my best girls and I was so jazzed to get to say Hello to her!

#229 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

I love reading everyones' repports!  :lol:

#230 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for sharing  :)

#231 olorosooso

olorosooso

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

I just wrote a (super long) breakdown of each day in Houston. Includes close up pictures of the banner we gave the girls with everyone's messages and pics from the other events.  Hoping I met some of you there. :)

http://gachipop.com/...e-matsuri-2016/

#232 rodrommel

rodrommel

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the write up dude! I was waiting for it, and it came out really nice. It's nice to reminisce about the entire experience. I was doing a write up detailing the entire concert line tickets mess. I don't know if I'm gonna post it later since it's long and convoluted.

#233 phoenix00

phoenix00

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:15 AM

I was doing a write up detailing the entire concert line tickets mess. I don't know if I'm gonna post it later since it's long and convoluted.

I would like to see this even if the ticket system was scrapped, so the organizers made the right move.  Better than Anime Expo 2009 where I personally wasted a day just in lineups and the staff did nothing except mouth me off.  Not going to that event ever again for any reason.

Regardless I'm very pleased to see all had a good time including the girls.  I seriously regret not being able to make it.  Props to everyone who posted, second-best to being there!

Current Hitlist of Abduction Targets (or CHAT, updated regularly): C: Yajima, Nakajima, Suzuki, Hagiwara
MM: Fukumura, Ikuta, Iikubo, Ishida, Kudo, Masaki, Oda, Nonaka, Makino, Haga
A: Nakanishi, Murota, Sasaki, Aikawa, Kamikokuryo / J=J: Kanazawa, Takagi, Miyamoto, Uemura
CG: Yamaki, Morito, Funaki, Yanagawa / KF: Fujii, Hirose, Hamamura, Inoue / TF: Akiyama

#234 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:31 PM

For anyone who is interested Aika uploaded a video of the girls during their first day in Houston when they were visiting Discovery Green :)

https://www.facebook...32499610142289/

#235 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

Opening ceremony

https://www.facebook...32910700101180/

#236 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:23 PM

Thanks to everyone who went and gave reports. Just about every girl has moved away from MM'16Houston talk on their blogs. But if you want to relive the magic (and read my thanks for you doing so) you can check out http://nantonaku.mittsi.net/?cat=34for just about all the blogs about it. Nonaka and Oda are still on topic, so those might continue but just about everyone else is done so there you go.

Enjoy reading their blogs (translated in English) if you haven't already, and otherwise I hope you had fun~.

bbDfxqh.jpg
*It's complete but I still haven't taken pictures yet.... the slothhhhhh!" "Life needs more Sayu"
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika, Fukuchan, Iikubo Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader - -~LDK Random Subs~--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users