• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:39 PM

They're under different companies, but their friendship remains in tact.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#42 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

So, they're not really separated at all?

Like CandyApple said, they are still friends since Tokyo and Osaka worked together for quite some time and after all they pretty much do the same thing. They all call their fans Party People for example. Osaka, now Edge Dub Monkeyz, are a bit more conservative in terms of shows so I guess that's part of the reasons why the parted ways. Fun fact, a website for Stereo Osaka does exist and it has the same design as the Tokyo site so I guess sooner or later Osaka might be revived. http://www.st-osaka.com/

To be honest I think that'd be hella weird in a way, especially because they'd be direct competition for Edge Dub Monkeyz.

Speaking of them, their second single "Survive" came out July 27th, b-side is called "Walk". You can listen to both songs here

And also, nice music video from Stereo Fukuoka

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#43 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

That's good. Since their management dispute sounded very stupid back then.

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#44 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

^ I don't think that ever got cleared up anyways. But yeah seeing how different the shows tend to be nowadays it's clear that this was part of the conflict. I don't think there is any bad blood at all, at least not between the girls.

Today's live. Another great one, the little girl is in the audience again too (I feel like she gets younger every time lol). Highlights this time: Misa actually doing some funny live edits to the songs, as well as Ayaka just deciding to leave the venue for a bit. ^^; Venue staff seems to find it hilarious as well.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#45 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

Today's show was...different? ^^; First of all I didn't expect it to even be allowed to have shows at temples. The volume was a bit lower I think and in general the party people seemed a bit calmer so that might have been part of the deal, or it was simply too hot to freak out like always. XD It definitely gave Buddhist Bounce a nice little touch though.

Poor Misa, yesterday went so well and today again some major issues with the music. I felt bad for her how she looked for help, both Nanako and staff. But she handled it well in the end I think by doing some little MC talk while staff fixed the problems that even Nanako couldn't fix apparently. They used the time well to spray the audience with water, and overall they really seemed to enjoy themselves. Especially Chihana stood out to me this time. It's also the first time I realized she's doing the whole yami-kawaii thing, looks good on her. 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#46 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

Damn it looked hot, the water break was probably nice for the fans aha. The tech problems are a shame but watching them be pros about it was pretty cool :)

On the temple note I've seen other idols perform at temples before, I assume they just need to be respectful(akb48 have definitely done temple shows before but I can't think of the others right now)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#47 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

^
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it's quite a good place to have a show in terms of getting new fans. And yeah I'm not sure if it was really just tech issues or Misa messing things up. She had problems in at least one other show I remember, but not as severely as this. In the other one there was like no cross-fading happening, don't know if she just didn't press the right buttons at the right time or if the deck was lagging. She made a long blog entry about it actually.

Tweet about today's problems: https://twitter.com/...815648539103233

Blog entry from the other show I mentioned (look at the title too): http://ameblo.jp/sai...2186725497.html

Meanwhile, I did check up on the recent Edge Dub Monkeyz lives and one really stood out to me. It's unfortunately not just one continuous video (they don't film their shows, only fans do) but definitely should be watched by you guys, it's hilarious and a great show.

The embedding limit for videos is three so I can't post all videos, I'll just post the ones that are highlights for me and you can find the full playlist is here (you should really watch it all): https://www.youtube....Ok-jNSOPS_mf45N

General highlights:

- Makoto's mic has issues, she has to get it fixed twice and almost doesn't notice staff at first

- Shie keeps laughing about things basically the whole time, and her fans make sure to get her to laugh as well (I don't mind, it's adorable)

- Natsumi is full of energy as always, and has some fun with a cardboard standup and an inflatible Pokéball

- during the whole show Makoto's shoelaces keep getting more and more lose, which will make the show incredibly awesome later...

SAPE ON:

- Shie manages to hit herself in the chin with her mic

- a lady is looking for a CD and apparently doesn't care about the performance and almost pushes Makoto out of the way lol

EDM DOLL: 

- not actually part of that song, but rather the intro for WALK, at the final jump one of Makoto's shoes goes flying and lands in the middle of the "stage" (remember how I mentioned her shoelaces got more and more lose? ^^;)

WALK:

- fans and more and more other girls notice the shoe, Makoto makes the most adorable face trying not to laugh

- Shie walks to her position, sees the shoe and loses her shit ^^; Natsumi is a pro and moves the shoe out of the way

- Makoto decides to just get rid of the other shoe as well (what else can she do at this point lol) and kicks it behind the DJ set

- Shie looks back at Makoto again to see she's now performing in socks, barely can contain her laughter

- for the end MC Shie brings Makoto her shoes, a few more laughs are exchanged

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#48 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:35 PM

I thought I'd watch a few clips but I ended up watching the whole thing, pretty fun :D Loved how Shie(?) just looked at the shoe and laughed, not doing anything to help XD

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#49 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

Yes that's Shie, she's the best and actually the reason I found out about all of those groups.

Some older videos that are worth watching:

Kurumi's graduation :sob:

A super fun live, involving them running off to random places several times to the point you can barely still hear the music. Also Nanako getting "forced" by Ayaka to join the dancing, only to have a fan take over the DJ set and then get cheered on by Nanako later. ^^;

edit: never mind that was a different live but the same venue

Super old video from when they still were Stereo Osaka.

aaaaaaand lastly, for those wondering about the outcome of the whole Stereo Tokyo vs. Stereo Fukuoka thing...Fukuoka won, reactions are priceless XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTzkkI4czwA

btw, don't remember who it was but someone asked about the whole rotating DJ thing and I said that Chihana didn't do it before but that was wrong, I totally forgot she did take over the job of DJ for a few shows back in February.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#50 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

Oh my god I'm dying laughing, this live is beyond epic. I could write an essay about this, but just watch. There are many great moments but I think the real highlight happens after about half an hour. What happens before is awesome enough that it shouldn't be skipped though. But damn...this party boat show beats pretty much everything I saw of them before. I pretty much lost it when the fans had shots. ^^; Also, new song is dope af

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#51 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:23 PM

Today was awesome too. Started with morning calisthenics. ^^; Ayaka went through the crowd to motivate a few more of them to participate, with moderate success. Little girl was there having fun again, she's so cute. Not sure if Yurina was injured but she worse two different shoes and seemed a bit reluctant at first? My guess is maybe she somehow injured herself on the boat yesterday because when she came down from the top deck she just went next to Misa. But later during the show she seemed to go full force so it's probably nothing. Anyways, played the new song again today...god it's sooooo good. :wub: I'm so freaking in love with this song it's just so well done. <3 Especially the second time they played it was magical. The fan with the cap who you mostly recognize for his trademark epic Ayaka chants in the beginning of Anthem first has some cute interactions with the little girl only to later manage to dance with Yurina. I got the impression they both really felt that moment, it was just great and pure joy to watch them. Was soooo good when she did that spin which looked like giving someone a slap across the face, only to have him to do the spin shortly after so it actually looked like she hit him, awesome. It was especially great because (I assume) this was only the 3rd time of him seeing and hearing the song too and already learning so much of it. Also at some point Ayaka apparently lost her headband thingy or got rid of it on purpose, probably the latter as Yurina did the same later. Ayaka also turned a seating area into her own little dancing platform, kicking away some cushions that were in the way. ^^; On the topic of cushions...Yurina jokingly tried to kick a dude but I think he did something before too and I saw him get kicked by other fans at other shows (jokingly) so...yeah. Just me as a gaijin and weaboo trash making random observations lol. One of the best parts for sure, during RUN Yurina goes to get the fan (with the yellow shirt, I think she went to get him a few times during the show too actually but he just kept going away after a bit? XD ) who is famous for his dance during the breakdown, she even does the dance with him lol. It's so addicting how happy they all are together and just have fun.

As you can tell by me writing so much about them every single video...they are simply awesome and I love them to death. ^^; One of the best things to ever happen to the world of idols. 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#52 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:58 AM

The new Stereo Tokyo EP "SUMMER" was released today on OTOTOY and iTunes

00013828.1472135471.1264_320.jpg

#53 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

Great release, although I don't like the amount of bass in the mix. Don't get me wrong, never too much bass hahaha but it seems to drown out everything else a bit. As if bass is clipping and the limiter tried to keep it together or something. It's still enjoyable to listen to, and I freaking love "With You" it's such a great track. Also great to finally have a proper recorded version of Another Dancing know, song goes so hard. <3

Dunno if this is a permanent thing but they use Twitcast now? http://twitcasting.t...okyo_japan/show

I managed to catch the latest of the three lives by accident, haven't watched the other two yet. So far no YouTube upload either, I hope it doesn't replace YouTube although the live stream idea is great.

In the live I saw, they this time rotated DJs several times, even Yurina did DJ now (and managed to crash the deck or something, they went a capella for a while lol). There was also a cute scene where Yurina went up some stairs to bring a fan down to the crowd, just like she did last time too when he was hiding or something, maybe they have some kind of hide and seek game going? ^^; I'd love to know what's going on. It's kinda weird how you recognize so many of the fans from live videos but don't really know any of them or have an actual clue what's going on with some of the fan interactions. The disadvantages of just being some kind of weeb trash...

Here is a nice video from a fan showing them (half way through the video) just chilling after or before a show, playing cards (Ayaka is so cute in her own way lol) or dancing together. Just like a big family.

One last thing, it's really fun to rewatch their very first lives and see how everything went along. Fans were so calm too, they really worked hard for where they are now. I particularly like this one because a) Kurumi <3 and b ) the pre-recorded MC at the end and nobody cares at all, just wiping off sweat or checking phones, and Nanako acting like she's heavily DJing the MC  XD True Stereo Tokyo style

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#54 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

Misa blog: http://ameblo.jp/sai...2195244673.html

If I get this right she was DJ-ing for a while because there was something in her foot and couldn't dance / needed to have surgery (?) They didn't want to worry anyone so they kept silent until now that everything's over and she's back to dancing (?) At least she did dance again the last lives.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#55 katiekattat

katiekattat

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:40 PM

i really like watching their shows

#56 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

Today there was an announcement made on Twitter by staff of Rikimisa Matsuri: http://rikimasa.com/matsuri2016/

Lurkette kindly translated it for me / us:

"Announcement of appearance changes and apology

We are updating you regarding the removal of Stereo Tokyo and EdgeDubMonkeyz from the upcoming Rikimasa Matsuri. 
Please review the story to follow.

Particular Details:

• We did not consider the significance of EdgeDubMonkeyz performing in relation to Stereo Tokyo, and we announced their appearance on our official page without confirming the situation.
  • Stereo Tokyo first learned of the above appearance of EdgeDubMonkeyz through social media, and after informing us that it was unacceptable for the two to appear together, they gave notice of their refusal to appear.
  • Moreover, as the promoters, we have decided that because Stereo Tokyo's appearance was decided upon first, and advance tickets were already applied for, in spite of EdgeDubMonkeyz agreement to perform regardless, the change in situation called for discussions regarding their exit from the show.
  • In light of the cancellation announcement, we have received separate demands from both Stereo Tokyo and EdgeDubMonkeyz.
  • Based on the above events, we have had correspondence regarding the ideas for resolution from both management companies because of the unsatisfactory outcome and our great shortcoming, but we have decided that resolution is impossible, and we have come up with the below decision.

Results:

We are exceedingly sorry to all of the fans who support these individual groups, but taking into account Stereo Tokyo's initial cancellation, our decision is such that neither Stereo Tokyo nor EdgeDubMonkeyz will be appearing, as we are announcing now. 

We lacked judgment in receiving requests for bookings, and we offer our deepest apologies to the fans who supported us, the individual performers, and the staff members to whom we caused a severe amount of trouble. We solemnly swear never to allow this to happen again, and we will continue to endeavor to create an event for people to enjoy.

I am truly sorry for this.

Organization Rikimasa"

Stereo Tokyo girls retweeted the announcement and apologized, EDM didn't comment on it at all unless I missed it.

Honestly, I'm shocked. The girls took photos at TIF together and both appeared there but somehow this Rikimisa Matsuri is impossible now? What on earth happened between management that they'd go this far? Or is it just another troll publicity stunt to get both of them some attention? This really sucks. EDM apparently weren't even against appearing together yet for Stereo Tokyo's manager(s) it's unacceptable. This makes it look like they didn't just part ways but actually Stereo Osaka got "fired" back then. So much drama around two so gifted groups...sad.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#57 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:12 AM

probably just a publicity stunt.

ok, next!

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#58 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:41 AM

Now I understand why EDM left Management. The publicity stunts are just too much and always end bad. This is going to start a war between the fans, if there isn't one already. If this is whatthey wanted, they got their wish.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#59 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:52 AM

If it really is a publicity stunt, there's some very deep (and not in a good way) silliniess going on.  If it isn't a publicity stunt, it's more like a bottomless pit of out-and-out bad silliness.

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#60 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

The publicity stunts are just too much and always end bad. This is going to start a war between the fans, if there isn't one already.

That's not true at all. Nothing ended badly, and it always was a success / fun for everyone involved. Making a few very conservative people mad is just a normal part of the equation and part of the deal. When I was talking about it possibly being a publicity stunt I was just thinking loud, I don't actually believe that it is one. There also isn't going to be bad blood between fans. First of all because a good chunk of them are the same people (lol) but also because they just aren't these kinds of people who would go all K-Pop on each other. You gotta check the kind of stuff Party People are tweeting, all just easy going people who just wanna have fun. They are chill enough that the girls can just hang out with them before / after gigs, talk a bit, take selfies together. Or they'll even go have BBQ and picnics.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users