94 replies to this topic

#1 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

2uFKkDs.jpg

STEREO JAPAN are a EDM style group that was formed in 2015. They are known for having very intense shows and very dedicated fans referred to as "Party People". Each of the sub-groups has one girl who is considered the DJ of the group, being in charge of playing the background music, switching the songs or playing samples. There other girls are referred to as MCs. It's not uncommon for the members to leave the stage and perform in the middle of the fans. Fun and "trolling" (if you want to call it that) are the most important parts of the group's activities. Whether it's fake idol-style introductions to make fun of common idols or fake disbandment challenges like having to run a whole marathon or having to sell LESS than 10k copies of their single, creativity is something their managers do not lack at all. STEREO JAPAN (currently) consists of the main act Stereo Tokyo and Stereo Fukuoka, the latter having started their activities beginning of 2016.

Originally, when STEREO JAPAN was formed they consisted of Stereo Tokyo and Stereo Osaka. Due to creative differences between managements Osaka split up end of 2015 and from then on continued under their new name Edge Dub Monkeyz and are no longer associated with the STEREO JAPAN franchise. The three youngest members of Edge Dub Monkeyz formed a sub-unit in the middle of 2016 called Asobino Jikan.

STEREO JAPAN YouTube (still has the very old header): https://www.youtube....e1PGLkjC-rmRbdg

A more detailed look on the groups:

Stereo Tokyo

dg50hF3.jpg

Members from left to right, including member colors: MC Ayaka (green), MC Chihana (white), DJ Nanako (purple), MC Yurina (blue), MC Misa (yellow)
Former members: Kurumi (red) - graduated end of 2015 to focus on school.

Website (includes link to their Twitter accounts): http://www.st-tokyo.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube....zz1BDjRcK800kjA

Stereo Fukuoka

xtEI3F7.jpg

Members from left to right, including member colors: MC Mana (yellow), MC Haruka (purple), DJ Ray (white), MC Sora (red), MC Miyu (blue), MC Mei (green)

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/st_fuk_japan
YouTube: https://www.youtube....VawIz16tGi9m9vA

Edge Dub Monkeyz

VvNBA7v.jpg

Members from left to right, including member colors: DJ/MC Shie (green), MC Makoto (red), MC Yjuri (yellow), MC Sayumi (pink), MC Yuka (white), MC Natsumi (blue)
Former members: Anna (purple), Yuki (orange)

Official Website: http://edgedubmonkeyz.asia/

Asobino Jikan

tv10Frj.jpg

Members from left to right: Makoto, Shie, Yjuri

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/asobino_jikan03
YouTube: https://www.youtube....J0bKQXUOkpj-vOA

And lastly a big reunion photo from just a few days ago at TIF2016 <3

pNMFdr3.jpg

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2 olorosooso

olorosooso

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:30 AM

Big fan of Stereo Tokyo!

Wondering now that Stereo Osaka split off to become Edge Dub Monkeys, if they are going to stay as Stereo Tokyo or take over the Stereo Japan moniker?  I guess we'll wait and see.  

#3 olorosooso

olorosooso

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

New MV for 2016, Buddhist Bounce!

#4 loser-ish

loser-ish

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:59 PM

I have a short concentration span so I don't rarely finish watching a video but I've watched the first one from the beginning to end. WOW !!!!! They need to release more music definitely !

What's the girl's name with the blue headphones? She reminds me a bit Goto Rara from SKE48

#5 katiekattat

katiekattat

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:36 AM

http://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/59607

#6 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

I have a short concentration span so I don't rarely finish watching a video but I've watched the first one from the beginning to end. WOW !!!!! They need to release more music definitely !

What's the girl's name with the blue headphones? She reminds me a bit Goto Rara from SKE48

Her name is Kawamura Yurina (@@st_tokyo_yurina)

She's super energetic and seems to be the most hyper one out of the crew.

They're an awesome group; great vocals and dance moves. I recommend to anyone to check out their YouTube channel. They stay up to date with all live performances and are really quick with uploading the most recent ones. Also the STEREO JAPAN YouTube  which has all their music videos.

#7 loser-ish

loser-ish

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

on the first video I don't know if you've noticed but when the girls were leaving Yurina started to dance again before she left the stage ! I've found that funny. The whole performance she looked sweaty and tired, but still gave her best even at the end she still wanted to dance ! I think I might be in love lol

but thank you for both of the links. It's so hard to find something about them. 

I wonder if there's a posibility or their's a website that sells their music. I've only found amazon JP and going through Buyee would be expensive for me. 

I don't really like EDM but they have something in them, that I can't stop listening to them <3

#8 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:09 AM

Not a problem. Yeah I saw that when she started to dance again haha! She is quite a character. She was my favorite when I first discovered the group when they (Stereo Tokyo & Edge Dub Monkeyz) were all together as STEREO JAPAN. Then it was Kurumi (so kawaii!) up until she graduated. Then I got hooked on Saionji cuz of her awesome dance moves. Now I can't take my focus off Nanako whenever I see her. LOL they're all so good!!

Their whole discography is on OTOTOY in all file formats and iTunes has both the -IBIZA- EP and the "PARTY PEOPLE/PARTY GOES ON" single. Amazon JP seems to have them for cheaper prices than Tower JP if you want the physical copy of the releases.

I think their music has a certain level of quality and composition to it that makes it so much better and different than a lot of the generic EDM that's out there. Not to mention that all of the girls have great voices. Their interaction with the audience at their lives also sets them apart from the rest. The entire vibe and energy I've seen at their shows is phenomenal.

#9 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

New single from STEREO JAPAN (Stereo Tokyo & Stereo Fukuoka) "Dancing Again" will be available on OTOTOY on May 4

HERE is the OTOTOY feature article

#10 loser-ish

loser-ish

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:11 PM

thank you for your help ! You need a third party company to send you stuff when buying from Amazon JP right? 

I would love to buy everything from Stereo Japan but I'm refusing to pay so much to Buyee or Tenso for shipping it to me :(

Oh And I've read, that if their new MV doesn't get I think 20 000 views, they will be forced to disband? Is that true?

I don't really like EDM, but there's something with Stereo Japan, that has me hooked. I like the whole concept, with one girl behind the turntable (is it a turntable?) and others dancing around fans? It's refreshing to see

the new single seems to be more pop than EDM, even though there is a EDM part there.

#11 PPCC

PPCC

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

Does anyone have a recap of all the drama that happened with the marathon yesterday? i was looking on twitter and seeing alot of anti fans ripping shreds into the stereo tokyo twitter 

#12 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:57 AM

Today I learned what a "Pinchike" is. Thanks, internet! 

I think I would prefer shows like these to more mainstream idol events, tbh. There's a punk-rock element to going out onto the floor to perform with the audience that appeals to me. This is a great group.

#13 vincenzogrubb

vincenzogrubb

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

thank you for your help ! You need a third party company to send you stuff when buying from Amazon JP right? 

No, Amazon JP ships worldwide (and pretty cheap too).

Does anyone have a recap of all the drama that happened with the marathon yesterday? i was looking on twitter and seeing alot of anti fans ripping shreds into the stereo tokyo twitter 

You should definitely read this TGU article about their latest announcements first. It seems that the marathon was a parody of real punishment challenges like the one Saki of POP did. They are claiming they'll disband if they DO sell over 10,000 copies of their next single. They claimed they'll disband if member Nanako Miura can't complete a marathon, but what ended up happening is she ran like 50 meters and handed the sash off to fans who ran most of the way on her behalf. They had a system where fans would have the privilege of running 1 km for every 5 copies they bought of their upcoming single. It seems the story made its way to 2ch where people apparently thought it was outrageous. My Japanese isn't great so I could be completely wrong about the things people were mad about but it seems some thought it was disrespectful to do a publicity stunt like this so soon after the Kumamoto earthquakes when the proceeds aren't going to charity. Some people didn't understand the satire and got mad that the member wasn't actually running or thought the running fans were stupid for letting themselves be so exploited. As the marathon went on, their twitter emphasized showing the girls all sitting comfy in a warm van while the fans were running out in the rain. They were always referred to as otaku instead of fans which some people thought was rude. Whoever was tweeting the progress was trying to drum up as much outrage as possible, claiming to get messages of support from people like Yasushi Akimoto, Tsunku, and Obama. Anyway that's my interpretation of what happened but it's hard to say how many people were actually angry and how many were just having fun being assholes on the internet.

tl;dr Stereo Tokyo's manager is a next-level troll.

#14 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

Kind of makes me understand why Stereo Osaka (now EdgeMon) parted ways with them. I really only follow them out of the whole (former) Stereo Japan group because I like a few of the girls (Shie <3) but I never really understood why they went a different path. Now that sheds some more light on it.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#15 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:33 AM

Management-by-trolling is such a time-honored tradition in the music industry  --  Malcolm McLaren, among others, and of course these days, WACK.  XD

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#16 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

Can someone tell me which song this is https://twitter.com/...901105394966529

I saw it in a few of their videos actually.

It also seems like the three girls of EdgeMon (ex Stereo Osaka) who caught my attention form some kind of spin-off unit called Asobino Jikan? https://twitter.com/...152303113007105

Edit: Actually checked out some more Stereo Tokyo videos now thanks to that tweet, daaaaamn they are crazy (in a good way). I always admire when people can have so much fun. It also sheds more light on the whole marathon controversy for me, I totally get it now. Does indeed look bad at first if you don't know anything but when you see what they are about and all you kind of see it's just fun. I wonder, what happened with the girl who used to have red color? I guess she left the group at some point? Would be great if someone has some backstory or at least a name. Saw it now, too bad about Kurumi but at least she had a nice last concert.

Anyways hope someone can name that song.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#17 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Found out by now the song is RUN ^^;

They gave a long interview (and it has some really funny photos): http://ototoy.jp/feature/2016050207

I know I'm asking for much, but I'd reaaaaally like a translation of the interview.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#18 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

Kurumi was my favorite for a while up until she graduated. She's so tiny and kawaii and has such a great voice for her age. Her graduation concert was amazing.

#19 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

It truly was awesome, but so many of their concerts are. At lot has happened since the last times I posted lol. I'm super addicted to them now.

I feel like the lives from the last few days are quite calm tho, I wonder why? Hope they didn't get in trouble or anything. Nanako is gone right now due to some stageplay or something I think, but at least Ayaka is recovering well from her injury. And there are a few kids showing up at their gigs now frequently too, so adorable.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#20 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

Yeah I got addicted to them the very second I came across their music. Not only are their productions amazing but their vocals are good too. Ayaka has a really nice voice. I hope they never get forced to make their lives less crazy because the energy and insanity of it all is what makes them one of the better live performances. And yeah the kids love it. The music is catchy, easy to dance to, and just all around fun.

This is a Remix Album released on 2016.04.28 available for download on their official SoundCloud.

https://soundcloud.c...yo-remixes-vol1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users