• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#121 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:19 AM

It was requested that I translate an OTOTOY interview with Terashima Yuuka, so I did.

DDOhydd.gif

#122 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

GANG PARADE Full Live
『(68th Sapporo Snow Festival) mole Presents Music LIVE』 
2017年02月06日

#123 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

New video

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#124 jimmcbim

jimmcbim

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

really like that new song, hopefully this lineup finds some stability and grows from here

#125 buttazone

buttazone

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

really like that new song, hopefully this lineup finds some stability and grows from here

Since you posted that, of course the Wack Bootcamp happened and now Saki's out :P Or not yet, but apparently she's going to trade places with Aya from BiS until September. This is brutal because Gang Parade is kicking ass right now. Look at any of their live videos on Youtube since FOUL came out, they're absolutely on fire.

I hope this publicity stunt/meddling doesn't slow GP's pace down, but how can it not?

#126 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

A friend commented that "FOUL" sounds similar to a 30 Seconds to Mars song when he heard it.

I think Yua has done quite well for herself during the audition. She seemed a bit cold to me when I would meet her but, I was really impressed with her hard work. While it's unfair that GP loses Saki again for about 4 months, I think with Yua and Miki being the hard workers they are, the group will manage. I saw Aya practicing the choreo at the back of WWW when GP was on stage on Tuesday night.  

Saki should bring some experience as BiS goes about whipping the new members into shape.

I just wonder if either group will release something between May and September.

#127 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

Saki shaved her hair?? She looks so badass omg, this girl literally can't ever go wrong. I don't know how I'm feeling about the BiS x GANG crossover but I think that Yua and Miki will do a good job leading the group without Saki's presence since they've been in this kind of situation before haha.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#128 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

First live of the new system trade with Aya Eight Prince from BiS!! I know some fans were waiting to see this.

#129 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Basically the only reason I saw them, but they were good in general.

#130 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

Basically the only reason I saw them, but they were good in general.

Saw them tonight at Loft. They were okay...an improvement over when they were POP. I wonder if the so-called temporary member switch might become permanent? Aya could even be the 'face' of the group, and maybe Saki would feel more settled back with BiS?

#131 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Was there as well, the fat old guy I assume you were the hipster ;)

Repeating what I tweeted, "BiS/BiSH/Gang Parade in their current incarnations are pretty much the same aside from some outlier songs."

The songs are similar, the choreography is not just similar it's basically the same for all groups.

Even though I didn't really care for Gang Parade up until now they are probably the group with the most good singers at the moment of the three. (without a doubt Aina is the best though or at least most prolific)

And although BiS is among my favorite groups I would say at this point I hope the swap is permanent, Gang Parade really has nothing much in common with p2m at all anymore so I feel Saki fits better with BiS and Aya with GP.

#132 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

Was there as well, the fat old guy I assume you were the hipster ;)

Repeating what I tweeted, "BiS/BiSH/Gang Parade in their current incarnations are pretty much the same aside from some outlier songs."

The songs are similar, the choreography is not just similar it's basically the same for all groups.

Even though I didn't really care for Gang Parade up until now they are probably the group with the most good singers at the moment of the three. (without a doubt Aina is the best though or at least most prolific)

And although BiS is among my favorite groups I would say at this point I hope the swap is permanent, Gang Parade really has nothing much in common with p2m at all anymore so I feel Saki fits better with BiS and Aya with GP.

Except that song is still their standout number. But yeah, I actually agree pretty much with everything you say here. Though I'm guessing you probably don't agree that Avandoned are not very good live as a duo and that Oyasumi Hologram were easily the highlight of the evening?! :lol:

Hey, I'm no hipster! (Unusual to see at least 3 other Western guys in the audience)

#133 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Avandoned are as good as they ever were, I personally thought they were fine - remember their name basically means "idols rejected by everyone", it's entertainment.

Oyasumi Hologram, no.. I like their rock songs but since they started with dancy songs I went to buppan and missed a couple of songs.

Yanakoto Sotto Mute were my favorites by far.

#134 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Avandoned are as good as they ever were, I personally thought they were fine - remember their name basically means "idols rejected by everyone", it's entertainment.

Oyasumi Hologram, no.. I like their rock songs but since they started with dancy songs I went to buppan and missed a couple of songs.

Yanakoto Sotto Mute were my favorites by far.

I find Avandoned's vocals really weak with only 2 members. I don't know if it's just the numbers or if the other members that made up the previous line-up were actually better singers? And the performance was livelier back when I saw the old Avandoned.

As you might expect I love Oyasumi Hologram's dance numbers - that was the first time I've heard them do "Emerald" without HAND! though I do think it's better with the fuller live sound generated by the band - and they're now probably my favourite idol group, which is a huge surprise to me as I thought they were pretty terrible when they started out. I'm tempted to go see them again Loft on Saturday even though I don't much care for VMO and there's other shows the same night (such as Ninjas at Lush) that I'm interested in attending.

I don't really like Yanakoto Sotto Mute's sound - if that was an indie band playing that stuff I would certainly be critical of them - but I found them pretty easy listening; indeed, I thought overall it was a pretty enjoyable evening.

#135 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

^ hipster confirmed!

#136 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:20 AM

If the swap doesn't revert after September, I'd feel sorry for Aya since she won the audition only to be moved into GANG PARADE with the "rejects" Yuka, Coco, and Dokuson.

Since Saki went to BiS, I haven't had much reason to see GP. Still trying to decide who takes her place as my favorite in the group while she is gone. During the time she was gone in 2015, Ao and Maaya were there but they're both gone now. I should definitely make plans to go see and meet the current lineup soon.

#137 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

Video for "Beyond The Mountain". I don't really care for the black and white "artsy" scenes but I guess it's part of that angel/demon black/white swan theme they have going?

GANG PARADE can finally afford outfits with 2 pants legs!

Went to CHEKiGANG in Shibuya on Sunday and sweated about 1-2L and ran into Miki. Almost caught Aya but then like 10-20 other fans rushed in and staff was like, "it's all gonna be group cheki" so I left. Probably also because BiSH was doing an in-store at Tower Records and a performance at NHK, everywhere I looked I saw IDOL shirts.

#138 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:07 AM

^I like song. It kinda reminds me of BiSH's Promise the star tbh. 

#139 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

BiS, BiSH and GANG PARADE sounds increasingly similar, but it's not too strange since it's the same guy writing most of the songs (and producing as well).

I will say that Aya is the second most impactful of this WACK-era, she's great all around.

#140 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

GANG PARADE
THE DUEL live at Ebisu LIQUIDROOM
2017年07月07日

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users