• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 buttazone

buttazone

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:15 AM

It's frustrating to read about how POP keeps playing at these "rebel idol" shows that get publicized for their rowdy fans, meanwhile Saki is suspended and their management forbids crowd surfing. It's as if they can't make up their mind what kind of group they want POP to be. If Saki hasn't quit already, I don't suppose she will any time soon. I bet we'll never know the specific politics of it all...

#22 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:20 AM

They played that one show TGU posted about then 48 hours later banned crowd surfing, moshing, lifting, etc. Talk about having an identity crisis.

#23 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

I just got back from seeing them at Loft. At one point one member seemed to fear the crowd were going to get 'rowdy' and she motioned for them to calm down. After Oyasumi Hologram played they returned to perform "Plastic 2 Mercy" - by far their strongest song, but it's not as good as when Pla2me did it - for a second time, and the 2 girls from OH were crowd surfing and the audience were much more active. I rarely see people taking photos at idol shows but at this gig it seemed half the people there were snapping away. The guy who took the shot on POP's official Twitter must have been standing right next to me...I snapped this during the 'encore'.
I thought POP were okay, while Oyasumi Hologram sang about as poorly as last time I saw them and they didn't even perform "Emerald" - do they only sing it with Have A Nice Day!? I did pick up the photobook/DVD though. 

POPxOH_zpss4bc00tj.jpg

#24 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

You were there too? I thought Oyasumi Hologram was taking the piss out of them until they introduced them as "new members". POP was a little underwhelming tonight but as soon as they did "Plastic 2 mercy" as "new members of Oyasumi Hologram", it all made sense. Miki waving for the fans not to lift each other was hilarious! Meanwhile, Yua just smiled when she was lifted. 

#25 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

Well, I'm glad to have seen POP and at least the audience was about the right size...enough to give some atmosphere, but plenty of space to breath. I'm going to pass on tomorrow's show, which will no doubt be packed (as it's free) plus I don't particularly want to see OH or go to Loft again so soon. Will probably go see BRGH at Marz.

#26 olorosooso

olorosooso

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

#27 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

It looks like Saki has an ultimatum. Run a 100km marathon in 24 hours before POP's live on 12/5 or retire from the group. She looked as fit as ever the last time I saw her (10/23) so I think she will pull it off. I have already made plans to be there that day. If I was more fit, I would attempt to run with her but that's not going to happen.

#28 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

They must be pretty confident that she can do it, otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't be risking losing their biggest draw like this.

#29 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

I hope she can do it. 100km is a lot, either way this'll be giving the group more attention.

#30 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

More details about Saki's 100km run.

#31 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

They're going to gimmick this somehow so she can't fail. There's no way they're just going to kick her out if she doesn't finish in time.

#32 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:29 AM

I was poking around POP's soundcloud page and I found the lyrics to the songs. I could probably give translating a shot, but it'd take a while and if they're anything like the BiSH ones, it'll probably be hard.

#33 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:09 AM

POP's 1st single's title has been revealed. Its called Happy Lucky Kirakira Lucky. It's set to release on December 8th. And I have no idea if Saki is going to be in it. Presumably not, since I think she's still gone.

#34 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

#35 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Well that was a fun MV. The new members are much more prominent in this, and its good to finally be able to put names to faces.

#36 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

The song is very Dempagumi's style. I love it. 

#37 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:15 AM

I'm really liking the song too. Interesting that Saki is actually in the PV for starters and not only is she in it, she's very much up front and center for the majority. They must be confident she's going to knock this 100km marathon out like it's nothing.

#38 ajeossi76

ajeossi76

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:51 AM

They must be confident she's going to knock this 100km marathon out like it's nothing.

Of course! She won't have a slightest problem, like walk in the park :)

Yeah, I got their album about month ago. I really like it! Strong sounds and songs full of energy. Really pleased I bought it!  :good:

#39 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

I might be confused but wasn't Saki the member that got injured when BiS did that run thing? I'm hoping she succeeds, but I can't help but be worried for her.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#40 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:48 AM

I believe that that was Wakisaka Yurika.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users