• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:57 AM

Just putting this up for now. Will add more info and pictures later. 

Pla2me was formed by ex-BiS member Kamiya Saki and Mizuta Mari who had previously been active as the solo "cat idol" Izukoneko. The group was announced at the end of BiS' breakup live at Yokohama Arena on July 8, 2014.

lzDrNYR.jpg

Pla2me released their first single "Plastic 2 Mercy" on September 30, 2014. There was originally a live video released for the song from their performance at Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 but, it was later removed. Maybe it was because Saki and Mari ran into the audience at Smile Garden during the middle of the song? 

E5enKOl.jpg

Their second single "UNIT" was released on January 6, 2015

Saki and Mari are good friends but, it wasn't enough to keep them together. Mari announced her intentions to leave the group on April 1, 2015 and had her final live with Pla2me on May 31st. 

Shortly after Mari's last live, Pla2me changed their name to POP (read as "P-O-P"), which is short for Period of Plastic 2 Mercy and introduced their 4 new members in a way very similar to how the members of BiSH had been introduced. Although POP kept and rearranged several of the songs previously done by Pla2me to fit the new 5 person lineup, their look was very different! They would perform in sauna suits and track suits, which was pretty crazy considering that the new formation began performing just as summer was starting.

KWSTFxq.jpg

POP released their first album "P.O.P" on August 4, 2015 which included rerecorded versions of "Plastic 2 Mercy" and "UNIT" and the lead track was "pretty pretty good", which features some choreography that looks a lot like the one from the BiS classic song "nerve".

They released their 1st single as POP "Happy Lucky Kirakira Lucky" on December 8, 2015. This was days after Kamiya Saki returned to the group after completing a 100km marathon from Fuji-Q Highland to Shimokitazawa Shelter in less than 24 hours. She got to the venue around 9 in the morning and the live started around 11:30am. She and the rest of POP then did release events for the single from December 6th until December 13th as well as appearing at BILLIE IDLE® presents Brand-new Idle Society on December 12th with the other groups that the 6 final members of BiS are currently in.

After spending the summer and autumn wearing sauna suits and tracksuits, POP switched to a more idol-like new costume.

3zkVDFS.jpg

POP website: http://www.pop2m.com/

POP Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.c...dofplastc2mercy

Members

Kamiya Saki (ex-BiS)

Inukai Maaya

Shigusawa Ao

Yamamachi Miki

Yumeno Yua

Former Member

Mizuta Mari (ex-Izukoneko)

#2 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for creating the thread. I haven't listened to many of their songs, but I love what I've heard so far.

#3 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:08 AM

Wait, so Saki was suspended? What did she do?

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#4 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

I've seen POP since Saki was suspended and while it's sad to see her in "civilian clothes" working as a sort of assistant manager taking chekis and stuff, at least fans can still see her at events.  

I wonder if Saki really wants to be in an 'idol' act? Her stage diving and running into the crowd perhaps suggests she's happier without that barrier between performer and audience, as traditionally dictated by the idol template; with BiS there was (supposed to be) less of that division between performer and fan so it would kind-of make sense if she does think that way.

#5 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:14 AM

Honestly, she'd probably be a better fit in BiSH. They're not going to do that though for obvious reasons.

#6 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:36 AM

This is one of my favorite Pla2me songs that may never be performed by POP. The lyrics for "Toraresou" were written by Saki and the choreography seems difficult to rework for 4-5 members.

Mari and the fans surprising Saki for her birthday in 2014 during a release event for "Plastic 2 Mercy". 

For more recent stuff, the 4 members of POP were in a mini drama promoting an event which was held in a wrestling ring on October 3, 2015. You can see the other episodes on the YouTube channel. Compared to Pla2me, it's almost impossible to find any fan-filmed POP lives. 

Not sure if this can be viewed outside of Japan but, POP at Tokyo Idol Festival 2015.

http://youtu.be/_Kljcf96Nrc

#7 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

Can confirm that the last link is viewable outside of Japan. Well, it's viewable in the UK at least. Your mileage may vary.

#8 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

Thank you for making the thread! I haven't heard much of their material but really liked Pretty Pretty Good. :)

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#9 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Watanabe tweeted about Kamiya Saki's return but, concrete details have yet to be announced (as far as I know)!!!!!

BILLIE IDLE® presents Brand-new Idle Society on December 12th featuring
BILLIE IDLE®, POP, Lui Frontic Akabane Japan, Tentenko, and Maison book girl!! It's the 6 members of BiS reunited! No word on others like Rinahamu, Terashima Yufu, or Nakayama Yukiko (Morphine Tokyo) though. 

#10 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

Yukiko got pretty sick for a while there so Morphine Tokyo have been on hiatus. As for Yufu, I dunno if this sort of thing would help or hinder her current career path. Just a couple of theories as to why they aren't currently on the bill at least.

#11 ajeossi76

ajeossi76

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

Love them! Actually, I ordered POP CD yesterday from cdjapan. Almost all of their songs are available to listen at SoundCloud https://soundcloud.c...dofplastc2mercy, so you should check them out if interested :good: I'm/was little worried about Saki Kamiya's suspension, but same time I think it's more kinda PR thing.

#12 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:34 AM

It's sort of well known that Yuffie didn't get along with the others (mainly Pour Lui) when she was in BiS.

Although Rinahamu is doing her own thing solo and with BPM15Q, I am not too clear on how well she gets along with the others as she left before things started getting weird/crazy with BiS. 

There were other people thinking that getting kicked out of TIF 2015 was a ploy to get attention for the album which came out the week after it.

#13 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:40 AM

Yukiko didn't get along very well with Pour while she was in BiS either. They're on good terms now though I believe.

#14 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

An interesting article regarding POP. http://pureidolheart...s-total-combat/

I really hope they let Kamiya Saki come back, I don't need this group to die.

#15 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

Sounds like they read a report about the same event that was upped several hours earlier on a different site and summarized it with less details and less "Japanese English".

http://tokyogirlsupd...0151061197.html

#16 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

Talk about mixed messages, they suspend Saki then perform on this kind of show.

#17 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

POP is apparently going to release a single on December 8th. The title is currently undecided. The weird part is, I can only access this page when I'm on my phone. Here's hoping Saki will be in this.

#18 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:56 PM

I feel like bringing Saki back for this would be good from a marketing standpoint if nothing else.

#19 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

I don't want Saki in this single. After reading that pure idol heart article, I really want to see how the new members stand on their own. Releasing a single featuring only them and not Saki could give them a good amount of experience just in case Saki really decides to exit the building.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#20 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:16 AM

I kind of have mixed feelings. Part of me wants this to be a single for the new members to really prove themselves and stand out more. They were good in "pretty pretty good" but it was hard to tell who was who and what not. It'd be cool to actually get to know them better as performers. The other part of me wants Saki to come back since it doesn't feel completely fair that she was suspended in the first time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users