• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

Concerning the twitter accounts, maybe their agency could have reserved those names/accounts so other people could not own it.
I know that UF does this with UPUPGIRLS.
The members don't use those twitter accounts, excpet for 2 members ( Sekki and Konatsu ) and that are only active on special occasions.
It is not just twitter, UF reserved those same account names on other popular social media sites too.

I know its off-topic but I thought this would be informative ^_^

--

Natalie reports on the 6MIC7SOUL liveshow: http://natalie.mu/music/news/163063

So actually this time 6MIC7SOUL was a 3-man show: UUG + Idol Renaissance + Lyrical School.
I got so confused ^^;
Natalie posted lots of nice pics :good:

Wow Mori Saki looks really nice in an Idol Renaissance outfit ^^; http://natalie.mu/mu...image_id/466376

She must really love them. I guess she was super happy to perform with them. I'm sure zam has a video of that for us?

(still can't believe UUG are all grown up now...guess I'll never stop seeing them as little Eggs)

That thing about UF holding onto those accounts is indeed some interesting insight, it might be possible the staff of Idol Renaissance had something similar in mind. I guess unless we know someone who speaks Japanese who can dig into the topic a lot deeper we'll never know. Until now I haven't really encountered Maina with a lemon or talking about lemons, so I'm not even sure how accurate that Twitter name would be.

Ah Rio I didn't even know about those blogs. They probably thought it was too much work to handle 6-7 accounts instead of just one.

So those videos are indeed audition tapes, I wasn't sure. I gotta say, if they know how to do one thing it's web promotion. Their YouTube account is a goldmine. Too bad all their videos are blocked (preemptively I guess) in Germany and I need a proxy. Should probably binge up on some Riko soon too so my Maina addiction doesn't seem as creepy / annoying to others. ^^;

Now I wonder what their plans for the rest of the year are.

edit: Another new blog entry that is just too cute for me to handle :wub: http://ameblo.jp/ido...2085016451.html

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#22 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

I tried my best with the tracker, but I can't figure it out. So here is Idol Renaissance in PROTO STAR. (I went through hell and back for this haha)

Here's some preview pictures

tumblr_nwboqfIOh01uapgtco2_400.pngtumblr_nwboqfIOh01uapgtco3_400.png

tumblr_nwboqfIOh01uapgtco4_400.pngtumblr_nwboqfIOh01uapgtco1_400.png

Link:

https://www.mediafir...dol_Renaissance

It;s weird that they ban Germany. Usually U.S. is banned. If you want, I can pack them together for you or just upload them on a blog so you don't have to use the VPN. Don't worry about the Maina thing, I think it is actually really cute! Riko looks really good in this photoshoot her legs are very pretty. Marin on the other hand... her legs are really, really, really pale. Almost translucent haha.

Mori looks so cute in that uniform! I wonder the same, in just a year they have accomplished so much. I'm really excited for their future.

Maina looks so cute! Especially the one on the stairs!

#23 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:41 AM

^Its not they ban Germany, its German media censorship that bans/blocks foreign media from playing on German IPs or something like that.

They looks so cute in those pics you posted.

---

@iwabo: if you see an account ayano152 that is highly likely UF's account for Ayanon. The ones I know are on twitter and instagram. The twitter one is not active but the instagram one is officially used by Ayanon.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#24 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:00 PM

^Its not they ban Germany, its German media censorship that bans/blocks foreign media from playing on German IPs or something like that.

No that's not correct at all, we're not China. It has to do with digital rights management. Click here for more information.

It's a common problem here with music videos, it's just strange all the off-shot videos and so on are blocked too. For example HaroSta works flawlessly here, while individual music videos that get uploaded by H!P do not work without a proxy. I guess it was just a lot easier for the Idol Renaissance staff to block out the country in general instead of doing it for each individual video. 

Thanks a lot for uploading Proto Star, glad it worked out. Some really cute photos in there. I like the theme too.

*faints* http://ameblo.jp/ido...2085367837.html  :wub: I wonder who keeps taking her photos. Does she have siblings?

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#25 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

I think she has 4? 2 brothers and 2 sisters.

Oldest sister, Maina, brother, brother, sister.

Man these girls really know how to blog! She looks adorable!

I saw one yesterday with Marin and she had a messy ponytail, it was so cute.

I was just reading through their profiles and noticed their desired part-time jobs

Noa: A soft-serve ice cream server

Marin: A cashier

Koyoi: The people that sell fresh juice (a juicebar I guess)

Riko: A family restaurant! Hospitality!

Maina: Black cat cafe 

Nanako: McDonald's! Starbucks!

Look at the cuties!

This is also very cool. I didn't actually think of how this MV was made.

#26 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

Wow that's one big family. But I guess that really shows in her personality. Wonder if her sisters hit the genetic jackpot like her too. ^^; Had no idea their profiles are this long and detailed too. If only I'd be learning Japanese much faster...

Those are some interesting choices for part time jobs. Riko's choice seems oddly difficult / stressful. 

They definitely know how to blog. All their entries are always really long and have many photos. I don't know how they do it. Today there are many gems in Maina's entry again :wub: http://ameblo.jp/ido...2085729043.html

You really learn something new about them every day. Just yesterday I was checking out some of the videos I didn't watch yet, I had no idea they react to their own music videos as well as their older off-shot videos. Quite cute how embarrassed they get. In one of them (can't find it anymore though) Maina even "punches" the camera away. XD

It also seems Koyoi is always the one who gets to see their outfits first and models them for everyone else? I wonder how that came about.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#27 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

Definitely, thought she can be rowdy, she seems to step back when the volume gets too high, which seems like something you do when you grow up with a lot of people. I thought the same! It seems like something that would be really hard to do part-time especially at her age, but she does seem like the nurturing big sister type. I was actually surprised when I started looking through, almost every question you could think of is answered in their profiles, even love, confessions, childhood names, messages to fans ect.

They put a lot of effort into it. I'm used to just one picture and a short message every few days from most idols, so I love it.

I actually saw one I know you will love, 

http://ameblo.jp/ido...2075792169.html

It might be this one,

She actually breaks out into tears during 17sai.

Noa and Koyoi always give weird faces at their solos haha. I agree, it feels like it's an endless well of information and funny moments. Their group dynamic is also so good that it never gets awkward. I love their songs (Hatsukoi and 17sai in particular) but their personalities are definitely their greatest asset, and they use it very wisely.

From what I've seen Riko and Koyoi are actually model's so I guess it has something to do with shape or maybe it has to do with age? However, for Hatsukoi I have to say Nanako looked the best in her uniform.

So 2 girls have braces (Noa and Koyoi, though Noa seems to have gotten them about 2 weeks ago) and one has a retainer (Nanako).

#28 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

No that's not correct at all, we're not China. It has to do with digital rights management. Click here for more information.
It's a common problem here with music videos, it's just strange all the off-shot videos and so on are blocked too. For example HaroSta works flawlessly here, while individual music videos that get uploaded by H!P do not work without a proxy. I guess it was just a lot easier for the Idol Renaissance staff to block out the country in general instead of doing it for each individual video.

That what I tried to explain but failed ^^;
Thank you for giving a better explaination :good:

---

OK THAT WAS TOO CUTE!!! XD XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#29 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

Tokyo Idol Project featured Idol Renaissance's 1st 1-man show.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#30 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

^

How big was the show? Was it sold out? Would like to know the scale of their first solo show. 

I'm glad Idol Renaissance take care of their teeth like that. I know Japan has the whole "it's part of the personality" thing but for some of them it looked reeeeally bad to the point where it made me wonder if it wasn't an actual problem for eating. ^^; So I'm glad they're getting it fixed. 

The video I meant was an off-shot video reaction, not MV reaction. It started focused mainly on another girl (I think Koyoi, maybe Riko, really don't remember) who was covering her eyes and whatnot, other girls had to almost pin her down so she watches. ^^; It was only for the end of the video that it focused on Maina's video. She was hugging another girl while watching too, before she got too embarrassed, punches the camera and the video ended. ^^; The video she reacted to was this one:

If you don't mind, it would be great if you could translate more of those profiles for us. Especially the love and confessions part sounds interesting. ^^;

edit: 

The girls discovering a 7inch version of 17sai, they deal with the record player better than expected for girls their age, but it's still a bit sad. ^^;

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#31 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:25 PM

(I just typed a whole response and it all went "poof")

That looks like a great show!

Same! I have overbite and chewing is unbearable sometimes. Noa especially needed them for her overlapping front teeth. The only sad thing is that she doesn't smile in her blogs anymore.

I found it! Haha!

I've always seen Marin as a Nyon type of girl, I never expected to see her embarrassed haha.

I reaaaalllly want that vinyl, but I have no idea how to get it and I feel like Idol!Swap wouldn't work out. It's interesting! That is probably the first time they have ever seen a vinyl and probably one of the few times in their lives they will actually get to play it!

Sure! From now on I can just put them on each of my posts :) (The ones with (x) I didn't feel confident in translating)

What would you say to confess?

Marin: I love ____

Koyoi: I really like how you are, and I want to be together forever.

Riko: ...

Maina: I can't take "feeling your absence"?

Nanako: Something simple lol "I like you" //laughs

Noa: I like you. Please date me. (After that we get to say a place we like)

Your reaction if he confesses?

Marin: Probably "OMG!"

Koyoi: I'm so in love with you. I think of you all the time, please date me!

Riko: ,,,

Maina: It's too simple but... "I really like you, please date me!"

Nanako: A big "OMG!!!"

Noa: I like ____ about you, ____ is a surprisingly good person.

Percentage of your femininity?

Marin: 7.5%

Koyoi: 60%

Riko: 0%

Maina: About 30%

Nanako: 7.5%

Noa: 10% since I can cook now ¥ (o) / ¥ (o) /

What are the perks gained from being a woman?

Marin: Being fashionable.

Koyoi: Wearing a lot of clothes.

Riko: Being reliable!

Maina: (x)

Nanako: I can be fashionable~♪

Noa: Skirts! (*> Ω <) ♪

Would you rather be born a man or woman?

Marin: A man!

Koyoi: Woman!

Riko: Woman!

Maina: Of course, a woman.

Nanako: Woman ♡

Noa: A man!

Would you go for the older brother type or younger brother type?

Marin: Big brother type.

Koyoi: Big brother type.

Riko: Big brother type!

Maina: Big brother type.

Nanako: Biii~g br~o.

Noa: Older brother!!!

Scenarios you would like to replicate from a drama?

Marin: Kabaedon \ (// ∇ //) \

Koyoi: Kabaedon!

Riko: A scene with a nice view, confessing on the seaside.

Maina: Since long distance love is lonely, I would take anything other than that.

Nanako: Enjoying the sea at the Summer Festival♥Warming up at the winter festival♥Watching the blossoms in Spring

Noa: After all?!?! Kabaedon!!!! Lol, by the way the members are constantly doing it to each other (^ ∇ ^)!

Painful unrequited love! How do you respond?

Marin: Be~gone!

Koyoi: I want to, if you want to.

Riko: Just confessing is the healthy thing to do. You give up if it seems like a useless effort. In particular, people who give up before even giving it a shot make me sad (tear).

Maina: Confessing to a "pipe dream" seems unpleasant.

Nanako: You can't!

Noa: Nope. (^ ∇ ^)

Who would you want to marry if they were a man?

Marin: Rikopon

Koyoi: Pon (I think that's Riko)

Riko: As it is, I know the girls' feelings toward me.

Maina: Marin ♡

Nanako: Everyone, but if I have to choose: Marin (*'³` *) ♡

Noa: Marin (^ ∇ ^)

Who would you marry if you were a man?

Marin: Nanako

Koyoi: Everyone! (It's clear she's pretty DD, she has everyone for her favorite member too haha)

Riko: By those terms, Kana (graduated member) is a riot! It would be fun everyday!

Maina: Marin is ♡

Nanako: (x) 

Noa: Marin (^ ∇ ^)

All I could think of while typing this was Very Beauty.

It's not perfect, so take it with a grain of salt!

#32 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

Kana's last graduation videos are so heartbreaking. Especially when she went to see her flowers. But over all this, I was surprised the others barely shed a tear. I know it doesn't mean they don't care about her, but the seven of them seemed to be extremely close, so it must've been atleast a little hard to lose their leader. They probably cried when the cameras were off though lol

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#33 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

If I remember correctly, she is actually going to pursue a career with her trumpet, so maybe the girls were more happy than sad? Since a lot of what they do is recorded, the staff probably wanted to give them that personal moment, so you're probably right!

#34 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

The girls definitely seemed happy for her, but they could've cried due to not being able to see their friend anymore. Also losing their leader must've kinda freaked them out a little, but nowadays they seem perfectly fine.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#35 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

Would be great if you could link directly to those graduation videos. Half the time not even all videos show up due to the whole proxy thing I need to do, and even then it's difficult to figure out which videos contain which stuff. 

To be honest, I haven't really noticed her missing yet. I tend to be so focused on tiny details that I miss super obvious things I guess. 

Ah yeah, that's the one. So it was Marin. I noticed her and Maina to be really close. In another video when Koyoi presented new outfits to them I think Marin was carrying Maina too. Seeing the stuff you translated (thank you so much!) confirms that they have this connection. They got the whole HM² thing too which were really funny videos. And then there is of course this :wub:

Can't you get it using Tenso or something? They got a purchase link on the video http://tower.jp/item...tem/4016042/17才

Also noticed, this seem to be their official shop on their site but they don't have much http://www.rocket-ex...ite=R&cd=298227

Maina: Since long distance love is lonely, I would take anything other than that.

Maina: Confessing to a "pipe dream" seems unpleasant.

Crushing my dreams ^^;

Some really great content again today: http://ameblo.jp/ido...2086124026.html

Was nearly dead after the second photo, third one officially pulled the trigger. ^^; For some reason I like it when girls wear big hoodies like that with the sleeves covering part of their hands, it's so adorable. Just one of many things she does / has I really like.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#36 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:51 PM

It was beautiful! She is amazing at the trumpet. 

She doesn't stick out much, and because of her trumpet playing there seemed to be a lot of pressure on her, even on top of being leader. 

Definitely! They made a very cute duo too!

That video is so cute!!!

Thanks so much for the link!

Speaking of Marin and Maina's relationship

(group relationship, (x) are things I am not confident in translating)

Spoiler

I love that too, it makes them look so small and delicate.

#37 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

That was her last live? Surprising how there seemed like no sadness in the air. I remember in the Halloween stuff she was dying to get a superman costume so I guess it was like a favorite of hers. Seeing all girls wearing a superman shirt for rehearsal was a really nice subtle touch that the Japanese seem to be veterans at. It's something I mostly only see in anime, j-doramas or videos like this and not so much stuff from the west. It's the kind of stuff that's so beautiful but subtle it can really touch you and cause a tear or two if it catches you off guard. But yeah I remember in the studio footage when they recorded that she was playing. It's certainly a rare skill to have and I'm glad she can actually profit from it and get a career out of it. Who knows in how many more releases she'll be a session musician for them.

I like how in the relationship translations a lot of them say the same thing or it matches (like Koyoi getting called most spoiled and considering herself that too).

Damn Riko really has low self esteem it seems. It shows in her performances, her skill is incredible. Only someone who thinks low of oneself would be able to practice this hard and surpass everyone else.

The message to the fans has a really nice touch. Maina pointing out that their career only exists because of fans (and actually wording it like that), Marin mentioning people should at least see them once or Koyoi actually mentioning Budokan as a goal.

You should make a fansite for them. ^^; Even if you are not confident with translating some things, you can still translate a lot. If it wasn't for your thread here and sharing much about them I wouldn't have become a fan.

Well I guess you might just as well edit your first post with all those translated information so it doesn't get lost instead...but I feel like your dedication could gather people? I'm just thinking publicly here lol

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#38 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:39 AM

Absolutely! I think she went out nicely, and they showed their appreciation for her. I am used to idols musical talent being like Ozeki playing violin, but she is actually a fantastic performer and very skilled. It seems like more than anything she grew out of it, so I feel like we'll see her around eventually. 

At first I thought it was a part of Riko's persona, but she seems to genuinely have low self-esteem haha. I agree, it seems like her bar for success is much higher than other people, so she feels like she does less but she is doing tremendously more. Her voice is magic, and she properly trained so its very smooth to the ear. Yes! With a lot of artists it seems like they only care for their fans for commercialism, but they seem to value more than anything the journey and being able to perform on stage. When they walking through Thailand they were so nice to the fans, walking slowly to wave at each of them, I think Riko even stepped back a few times.

Eh? Really? Thank you so much! I'm glad you became a fan! You're really nice! 

I'll be sure to tomorrow! 

(I'll add a translation later, I'm sleepy hahaha)

The Halloween theme is announced! "Girl's Fashion╳Timetravel Renaissance". 

1940 (A farmer?): Maina (she didn't look too happy about it hahaha)

1975 Sukeban (Delinquent): Riko

1980: Koyoi

1990 Pop: Noa

1995 Kogal (Gyaru): Marin

1995 Student: Nanako

I really want Marin's gyouza charm.

#39 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

For some reason in that video they all seemed reeeeally pretty. Especially Marin but also Riko and Koyoi. I don't know, maybe something about their hair and / or clothes.
Definitely an interesting approach for this year's theme, great reactions from them too. Can't wait to see them in those outfits, some of them seem hilarious.

Favorite moment was when Marin realizes in shock she'll be the kogal, meanwhile Riko freaks out  XD

I really want Marin's gyouza charm.

I don't really know what you mean by that. ^^;

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#40 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Very true! Koyoi's hair to the side really suits her.  At 2:20 she has a dumpling charm on her back pack! I really like food simulations haha

I'm so excited for Marin and Riko! Riko especially. She's going to look so cool and pretty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users