• 146 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

(I didn't see this anywhere)

tumblr_nvyv4rQYva1uapgtco7_540.jpg

Idol Renaissance (アイドルネッサンス)

Years active : 2014 – present

Label : T-Palette Records

Agency : Sony Music Artists

Created under Sony Music Arts in 2014 to celebrate their 40th anniversary. They debuted with a cover of the popular BaseBallBear song “17sai”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWT2MHwDg8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXqYu_gOVU

Members:

tumblr_nvyv4rQYva1uapgtco5_400.jpg

新井乃亜|Arai Noa

January 17, 1999

Zodiac: Capricorn

Blood type: A

Height: 158cm

Origin: Saitama prefecture

Hobby: Fashion, candy making

Special skill: Jazz dance

Personality: Bright, calm

Advantage: Will do my best until the very end.

Shortcomings: ??

tumblr_nvyv4rQYva1uapgtco6_400.jpg

比嘉奈菜子|Higa Nanako

February 26, 2000

Zodiac: Pisces

Height: 153cm (still growing)

Origin: Okinawa

Hobby: Hip-hop dance, Kachashi (Okinawa folk dance). sanshin, graffiti

Special skill: Hip-hop dancing, Eisa,

Personality: Energetic

Advantage: A sore loser

Shortcomings: Cries immediately, dark skin

tumblr_nvyv4rQYva1uapgtco2_400.jpg

宮本茉凜|Miyamoto Marin

April 23, 2001

Zodiac: Taurus

Blood Type: AB

Height: 158cm (still growing)

Nee: Saitama Prefacture

Hobby: Browsing through idol content

Special skill: Hair arrangement, making her nostrils flutter quickly, memorizing things, doesn’t scream no matter how scary something is.

Personality: Selfish, genki, mischievous

Advantage: Heathly and hearty eater.

Shortcomings: KY, slow reflexes.

tumblr_nvyv4rQYva1uapgtco1_400.jpg

南端まいな|Minamibata Maina

February 21, 2000

Zodiac: Pisces

Blood type: O

Height: 152cm (still growing)

Origin: Tokyo

Hobby: Playing with her cat

Sepcial skill: Shorinji Kenpo

Personality: Own pace, cry baby

Advantage: Immune system

Shortcomings: Own pace, slow in action, can’t sleep immediately, shy

tumblr_nvyv4rQYva1uapgtco3_400.jpg

百岡古宵|Momo-Oka Koyoi

April 30, 2001

Zodiac: Taurus

Bloog type: A

Height: 158cm (still growing)

Origin: Iwate Prefacture

Hobby: Collecting stationery, fashion, making sound effects

Special skill: Dancing, quick sleeping (falls asleep in 3 seconds)

Personality: Clumsy

Advantage: Positive

Shortcomings: Faint laughter, shallow

tumblr_nvyv4rQYva1uapgtco4_400.jpg

石野理子|Ishino Riko

October 29, 2000

Zodiac: Scorpio

Height: 155cm

Origin: Hiroshima

Hobby: Listening to western music

Special skill: None

Personality: Heart on sleeve

Advantage: Courageous, loves a challenge

Shortcomings: Negative, has little confidence

Past member: Hashimoto Kana, graduated September 30, 2015.

On their Youtube channel, videos are posted almost daily of the background on-goings, such as concerts, trips, recording sessions, reactions to their own videos, blog pictures or just everyday activities.
The group shares a blog, and posts pictures frequently. 

Idol Renaissance Love Q&A:
Spoiler

Idol Renaissance Group Relationship Q&A:

Spoiler

#2 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

I saw them as part of the jamboree at TIF2015 and they seem to have some really dedicated fans. Their song didn't exactly stick out that much to me but I'll definitely be occasionally checking in on them.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#3 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

A month ago the girls did a yukata special greeting series. Marin and Noa's are especially cute!

Noa:

Maina: 

Riko:

Nanako:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhsb5K6oM10

Kana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Qbbnn3EtM

Koyoi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rONesLVRYm8

Marin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtqVoh9KfXI

#4 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

Can you edit the links so it says the name of each girl in front? I have like zero knowledge about them so it would be nice to know who is who. ^^; I also don't think you need to hide the member info in a spoiler tag in your first post. ;)

That said, Maina is super adorable. I like this type of video that give us the chance to "go on a date" with a girl. Is that all there is or did they release something full length from this?

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#5 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:19 PM

Sorry! And thank you!!

I think that is all, with each video there was a making of with another member, and each girl had a set of cards, so it seems like a one shot thing.

and their reaction to it

#6 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

A nice opening post for Idol Renaissance Rioqutte :good:
Thank you.

They have a soft spot for UPUPGIRLS :lol:

( Note: this is Idol Renaissance's video )

@1:52 Maina's reaction for having Manna hold her towel was so adorable XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#7 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

So cute! I love to see idol with open admiration!

I'm wondering if it is just me, or Marin looks like a cross between Sayashi and Nonaka from Morning Musume?

Maina, Nanako, Marin and Noa were on Showroom!

I haven't seen stars that crooked in a while hahaha. It also seems that Noa has braces! I think they are cute! 

By the way Iwabo, Maina used to practice english! This one is really adorable.

and apparently Marin eating in Thailand was a thing. I watched this like 4 times.

Edited by Rioquette, 12 October 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#8 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

I was browsing, and apparently they did a Valentine's special also! It seems to be a theme for pretty much any theme. I hope they do one for Halloween..

And the Christmas Special

And Noa re-choreographed Hatsukoi hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=865xtZKZfNg

#9 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

I'm wondering if it is just me, or Marin looks like a cross between Sayashi and Nonaka from Morning Musume?

Hmm yeah I can see it a little bit, especially the Miki part.

Talking about similarities, to me Maina reminds me a lot on Megumi from Sakura Gakuin. It's probably the smile and the hair (she sometimes wears it's in a similar style with an Alice-band that has a ribbon attached to out, super cute)

Yeah I was watching their showroom appearance earlier. I came in a bit late but they really had a good chemistry. I'll see if I can find the TIF2015 performance I saw again.

All those videos you shared, she seems to be really a hilarious character, I had no idea. Considering her profile in the first post says she is shy that's really surprising. I saw another video that was just footage of her during a meeting almost falling asleep. She was really tired. ^^; Those Valentine's specials are awesome. They really seem to love these kind of roleplays. I definitely hope they'll do more of those. Guess which one I'll watch over and over again.

(I also like how it already seems to have established around here that I like Maina a lot XD)

So how did the come about using Renaissance as part of their name? That seems very specific and I'd expect it to show in their style (their theme) but somehow I don't see it yet.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#10 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

Was it this one?

(Man, Riko can sing...)

I can see Megumi! Not necessarily features but their look is very similar. They're both so cute! 

Their dynamic is really nice, I noticed it during Natsu no Kesshin, when they were doing activities. They seemed to genuinely have fun, instead of just smile for the camera. They remind me KIDS.

I thought the same! She and Koyoi seem like the trouble makers of the group haha. Maybe coming into the group broke her out of her shell? I had the same feelings about Noa, at first she seemed like the serious type of girl, but every video of her is her screeching and doing weird dances. 

I love the roleplays too. Its fun to see all of their approaches. Hahaha, Maina is unbearably cute and funny, so I don't blame you :P

I'm not sure honestly. I kind of see it since, similar to country girls, they kind of bringing back that old idol style and they are doing a lot of covers? Otherwise... I'm not too sure. I think in time they will say it. I know recently they declared a Renaissance and said something about making this year their year, around the time they released the vinyl for 17sai.

#11 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

It was this one, I remember now I found it because I was looking for the tsuribit performances of TIF2015. 

The song is really nice, such a cute catchy chorus. 

btw, new blog entry http://ameblo.jp/ido...2083953670.html

she's killing me :wub:

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#12 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

btw, new blog entry http://ameblo.jp/ido...2083953670.html
she's killing me :wub:

Ahh sooo cute XD
She kinda reminds me of a girl from Death Rabbits.
She is wearing the silver outfit in this MV.
Spoiler

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#13 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

Ahh sooo cute XD

She kinda reminds me of a girl from Death Rabbits.
She is wearing the silver outfit in this MV.
Spoiler

Really? I don't think she does look anything like Emi besides that both their cuteness levels are off the charts. Their personalities seems rather different too. But you have to be onto something here, there has to be reason that I like both these girls to very unhealthy amounts (remember my Emi-essay) ^^;

I finally discovered that each girl has her own playlist on their YouTube. If only other units would focus that much on displaying the individual personalities. My favorite out of Maina's playlist is probably that one extra video from their travel. Although the compilation they have in there comes close too.

I have no idea what kind of character she is playing at around 0:51 seconds (and also later on the balcony) but it's hilarious. I really have trouble believing she's supposed to be a shy girl. XD

Overall the travel videos are really great. They really had an awesome hotel room in Thailand (I wonder why so many idols go there at early times in their careers, tsuribit did it too) and I don't blame Maina for not wanting to get out of bed at all. ^^;

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#14 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

I forgot to mention that, sorry! Haha

Idols often go to Thailand because Thai travel to Japan has increased tenfold. Right now Thailand is to Japan, as the Philippines is to South Korea.

I think she's mimicking Koyoi or Noa, they make fun of them a lot for making a crying sound when they coo over things.

I think she also made fun of it in a recent video.

Theres a playlist of the entire trip (though you've probably seen it already) and the shopping is really cute!

#15 dcpoor

dcpoor

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

eh eh eh eh eeeeh eeeeeeeh?

koyoi has the best reactions. <3

#16 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:09 AM

Definitely! She was the ref for their arm wrestling, and she was so funny!

(I love how in this one Noa manhandles Riko, then pats her own cheeks like a rabbit haha, Maina's hair also looks so cute.)

I think I've developed an obsession with watching Marin eat, and it doesn't help that there are so many videos of it.

Edit:

It looks like deciding on a snack is the key to the holy grail for Nanako hahaha

Spoiler

By the time she decides Koyoi is almost done with hers  XD

She's also really good at lip-syncing

Spoiler

(btw Maina has a really sweet voice, and Riko is *u*)

And Noa has a special song for Iwabo

#17 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:55 AM

Found out that Koyoi and Sengoku share the same birthdate.
They are 10 years apart ^_^

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#18 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

^

Morisaki really got into their performance, that was really cute. ^^;

And Noa has a special song for Iwabo

Spoiler

Hahaha it's fun how they always make up stuff regarding her last name. I guess it has a special meaning? All I noticed is that it seems rather long (and also confusing that it includes "Minami" which is a first name in itself).
Gotta say, I'm really jealous of Marin in that video. :whistle:

In the TIF video with tsuribit, so the first time I saw them, it was Riko who instantly caught my attention. It makes me happy to know she is actually an incredible singer. I didn't notice Maina before I actively started looking for girls I might like (if that makes sense). The thing is, I think when I was younger I knew a girl just like her so maybe that's were a part of the feels is coming from? ^^;

I also found this Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Maina_Lemon

I'm confused as to whether it's legit. The description mentions her as a member of Idol Renaissance and something along the lines of please follow and talk to me. They don't seem to have individual accounts officially so maybe it's an impostor? There aren't many follows too...maybe they wanted to start individual accounts at first but then didn't and that account just wasn't deleted? Maybe she uses it in private?

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#19 Rioquette

Rioquette

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

It's probably be false since I saw one for Kana too, but back in the audition period (which btw is a playlist too) a lot of the girls had blogs that they never used once they debuted. I think before they were announced they all had separate accounts.

#20 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:07 AM

Concerning the twitter accounts, maybe their agency could have reserved those names/accounts so other people could not own it.
I know that UF does this with UPUPGIRLS.
The members don't use those twitter accounts, excpet for 2 members ( Sekki and Konatsu ) and that are only active on special occasions.
It is not just twitter, UF reserved those same account names on other popular social media sites too.

I know its off-topic but I thought this would be informative ^_^

--

Natalie reports on the 6MIC7SOUL liveshow: http://natalie.mu/music/news/163063

So actually this time 6MIC7SOUL was a 3-man show: UUG + Idol Renaissance + Lyrical School.
I got so confused ^^;
Natalie posted lots of nice pics :good:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users