• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

Jun Togawa (戸川純 Togawa Jun, born 31 March 1961), Japanese singer, songwriter and actress. She was mostly active during the 80s and early 90s, and has been credited for helping to popularize the ero-guro subculture in Japan. She's dabbled in pretty much every music genre but most of her well-known songs seem to be avant-garde new wave or folk style.

rockinonjapan_1988oct_2-ecb77.jpg

While she is primarily a soloist, she has been the frontwoman for two bands, Guernica, which usually stuck to retro 1920s/30s cabaret, and Yapoos, a psychedelic rock band, as well as being a guest vocalist for Halmens.

Her most famous song is probably "Suki Suki Daisuki", which was most recently covered by idol group BiS.

As of late she's been fairly quiet, working with other artists and doing the occasional concert. However, she recently collaborated with Vampillia on the song "Lilac", for their album, "The Divine Move", which is out later this year

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#2 momo9

momo9

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

I'm surprised that there is a Jun Togawa thread on H!O..  I hope that more people will get to know how awesome she is  ^_^

#3 Telepathy/Overdrive

Telepathy/Overdrive

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:46 AM

I love Jun Togawa! I wish I knew more fans of hers, my friends aren't into her music unfortunately. Also I heard she and Hijokaidan are collaborating on an album this year (this month?), should be good if their other pop collabs are anything to go by

#4 paulbenson

paulbenson

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

I saw her with Hijokaidan last May. She looked rather unwell. I'll be in Tokyo for this year's birthday show, so I'll be attending that, hopefully.

#5 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:44 AM

Happy Birthday Jun! (She turns 55 today)

I really like the design for this year's birthday event t-shirt:

Ce1RuZ5VIAAq-Kh.jpg

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users