• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#81 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

Hehe, I get how you feel about Uika - I find her intimidating as well.

#82 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

Uika is my favorite member with Momo second. Even though I know her glaring is all an act, she's so good at it! Bonus points for her scouring Twitter to like tweets about BILLIE IDLE though. 

#83 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:04 PM

The girls have recorded with hit music producer Pharrell Williams

Twitter: https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

Instagram: https://www.instagra.../p/BMF5SK7Bz85/

PqqWarVl.jpg

#84 buttazone

buttazone

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:35 AM

Despite the rain, the Yoyogi Park live was amazing! Got a spot right near the front of the stage, which was a little intimidating when Uika was glaring at the crowd during "anarchy in the music scene". 

It was mostly new songs from the album and there's a strong '80's glam rock element to it as well as more punk/rockabilly. I had no idea Uika could play the harmonica either! 

That's awesome! Is it her playing harmonica on the album too? I finally got to check out the new album last night, it's a journey. The song with the harmonica might be one of my favorite jpop songs of the whole year.

#85 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

Bringing this thread back from the dead with news.

First, new cover song and PV cover of Uchouten's Bye-Bye, which is available on their new best-of album, BILLIed IDLE. The iTunes version also includes a special version of by, previously Yasui Yuuhi's solo song newly recorded by the remaining members of the group. 

Original, for reference.

Spoiler

They're simultaneously releasing a live album entitled LAUNCHING OUT today. They'll also be going on a short tour to support the releases.

ZpIo55K.jpg

DDOhydd.gif

#86 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

Bringing this thread back from the dead with news.

First, new cover song and PV cover of Uchouten's Bye-Bye, which is available on their new best-of album, BILLIed IDLE. 

A 'Best of...' album?! I guess they have a few fans, and that EP was surprisingly good, but...

Could "Bye-Bye" be a hint that they're calling it a day and these releases are the final attempts to make a few more Yen from the enterprise? I see they're playing at Loft when I'm in Tokyo on May 8th so may finally have the opportunity to experience them live and see for myself how good/bad their show is.

#87 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:29 AM

The best-of is selections from their 3 albums with Yasui Yuuhi's parts re-recorded by Akira; only 3 of the 18 songs are from bi bi bi bi bi, the rest are songs originally recorded with Yuuhi and new covers. It's not an uncommon practice in groups such as this where member lineups have changed. 

DDOhydd.gif

#88 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:34 AM

I really love this group so I'm happy there's some activity from them again. I'm pretty curious about how the songs will sound with Akira instead of Yuuhi. I'd hate to see them break up, so I'm hoping it's not the fact. (And I'm also skeptical that they are, so)

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#89 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:43 AM

Well, she's doing her best Yuuhi impression in Anarchy in the Music Scene, but other than that the songs are kind of neutered compared to the originals. Akira is a competent singer, but Yuuhi's voice was very distinctive and replacing it was going to be a challenge regardless of whom they replaced her with, and she's just a little too middle of the road to do some of the more powerful lines justice. 

DDOhydd.gif

#90 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

It might be different lately but when I saw them in December, Akira was definitely trying her best to sound like Yuuhi. If you buy the live CD you can take a listen of what that day was like. Will check back after seeing them at some point next month.

Either 5/8 when they perform with GANG PARADE and a bunch of other idol groups in the tiny Shinjuku Loft or maybe on 5/13 in Omotesando when they're with Osaka SSFW?

#91 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Well, I finally saw Billie Idle this evening, and actually they weren't as bad as I was fearing. I think they're lacking personality, but for half-an-hour they were entertaining enough, and much better than their recorded stuff (that EP aside) led me to expect.

#92 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

LOL, I don't think I ever agreed with anything you posted - they were great, the EP was their worst work (basically not Billie Idle material).

Please stop having terrible opinions.

#93 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

Akira now has an Instagram account, although she has yet to post anything as of now.
@akira_billieidle
DDOhydd.gif

#94 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

New MV for "MY WAY"

#95 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

^ Single to be released 8/23.

DDOhydd.gif

#96 tpx

tpx

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Finally got a chance to see them last night with Tentenko and Avandonded. They were awesome. Momo is the bomb dot com

#97 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

You were there too? I went for it and reserved 5 copies of the single so I could get 2-shots with all of them and a group shot.

Glad to see they're opening up to cheki since before it was just autographs for an album and for the 3rd album they added handshakes. A 2-3,000 yen album/EP for group handshake only is not really worth it. At least with autographs, there's something that lasts longer but still. 

Also happy that they're appearing at more events including TIF 2017 and @JAM EXPO again. Idol? Not Idol? Doesn't matter. At least they didn't have to eat their words like TGS after they made their "artist declaration" and make a video explaining why they were coming back to TIF this year?

I kind of blame Nigo for their shirts running extra small since they're Human Made shirts. Then again, T-shirt sizing is pretty inconsistent, even within the same brand.

#98 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

They also seem to be booking more idol events now, I mean the "Not idol" was from back in the previous incarnation of BiS and they were still idols so it made no sense they took it that literal, could this be a reason why Yuuhi left?

#99 tpx

tpx

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:14 AM

I was on the right, near the pillar. Didn't stick around afterwards though.

I prefer not to spend TIF running around after too many different groups since Odaiba somehow always seems about 10 degrees hotter than the rest of Tokyo to me. I had only really planned to watch Maison book girl, BiS, KOTO and sora tob sakana, but I'll go see them on the Friday and Saturday now.

#100 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

I might have seen you then since I was around that area too, snapping pics of Tentenko and Avandonded. I hope Beni and Kotao get more popular b/c every time I have seen them, they give it their all. 

MBG, BiS, sakana, and KOTO are good choices for sure but, I feel like there is bound to be a less painful event featuring them bound to happen anytime. Odaiba is such a hassle to get to, there's no shade, and so much concrete/asphalt just emanating heat in the summer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users