• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

God that's unfortunate, well I'm glad she's somewhere now.
I realized a few days ago that I've never heard her speaking voice, but Uika recently posted a video of it.  
https://www.instagra...ken-by=f_s_uika

It's pleasant. As expected, Yasui is being a dork. 

#42 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:07 AM

To be fair, Momose does get to work with 2/6 girls she was originally going to work with, and she'll be on stage with all six of them and more on December 12 (the BiS reunion with all of their new units). So everything's working out for her after all.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#43 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:38 AM

#44 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:08 PM

That was excellent!

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#45 ajeossi76

ajeossi76

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

Great performance and always nice to see them! About that... there ain't much Billie Idle material (live videos etc.) floating around, I would gladly see more.

#46 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:25 AM

Tell me about it. Momose dyed her hair blonde recently and I think Uika has longer hair (or extensions). There's no footage of that at all, also I'm pretty sure BILLIE IDLE, POP, Pour Lui, maison book girl, Tentenko and some other groups performed together recently. I would LOVE to see that. Hoping more content pops up soon...

CWB9ytFUsAA97WG.jpg

#47 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:02 AM

BILLIE IDLE held a live titled "Brand-new Idle Society" on December 12th and it was all of the members who were in BiS when they disbanded and all their new groups. They didn't do any BiS songs though but, the members of BiSH (and probably a bunch of other idols) were there. I wish they made a DVD because I would buy it (unless they made it some ridiculously high BiS-like price).

They're taking the whole thing on a tour in 2016 ending at Hibiya Yaon outdoor amphitheater. 

Seems like they're starting to play more often but it's still not enough. Also, I wish their goods were a little more creative since Nigo is producing them. 3,000+ yen for a plain shirt that just has "NOT IDOL" on it seems a bit steep. The one with the 2nd album cover is pretty good but fits REALLY SMALL.

#48 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:30 AM

Billie Idle seems to be the least accessible of all of the post BiS projects. Half of the group still aren't on Twitter, which I think would go a long way to making it at least feel like there's more content out there for them. Maybe a Nico live here and there like BiSH do wouldn't go amiss either.

#49 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:43 AM

All the post groups are great but somehow I like Billie Idle the most (POP seems to have changed direction since Happy Lucky Kirakira Lucky and I'm not digging it so I hope the next single is good.), so it sucks at how hard it is to follow them. Yasui has Instagram but that doesn't really help, and Nonchan rarely tweets. I'm honestly praying for Billie Idle to do something on showroom-live.com. Or Twitcas...Nico would be good too as long as it's not a payed stream. 

They're taking the whole thing on a tour in 2016 ending at Hibiya Yaon outdoor amphitheater. 

Also, I wish their goods were a little more creative since Nigo is producing them. 3,000+ yen for a plain shirt that just has "NOT IDOL" on it seems a bit steep. The one with the 2nd album cover is pretty good but fits REALLY SMALL.

If that gets released on DVD I might die. And I agree, the shirts are cool and all but not something I'd buy for 3,000+. Plus shipping and all... That lil' red dude in "Kanata ni...". They should put him on some merch.

#50 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

Although their vocals sound kind of muffled, it's a good performance. 

#51 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

It's kinda sad how there's so little to talk about when it comes to this group. I want to be more invested in them but it's pretty much impossible right now.

#52 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:58 AM

I hope they release a new single soon. It's been a while since we've gotten anything new and its also a lot harder to follow them outside of Japan.

#53 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:18 AM

Uika is a goddess. 

#54 Telepathy/Overdrive

Telepathy/Overdrive

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:29 AM

It's SO difficult to follow them!!! Not to mention their name... "Did you mean Billy Idol?"

But I love them so much, I can't wait to hear some new music. I just wish I could have gotten one of those jackets (even if they were sold online there's no way they had my size haha)

Also that video is great, even if the sound quality isn't the best. I wonder if they could ever get enough of a following to tour overseas............. just a dream for now but I would love it

#55 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

I've seen them 3 times (April 2015, October 2015 and December 2015) and can confirm that they are even more awesome live. I went to a sign-kai they had for the 2nd album and I have the best memories about the few seconds I got to talk with Momo. I got caught up talking with Nozoshan and when I turned around Uika (my whole reason for liking the group) had already signed my CD and just said "thank you" but she is pretty good at liking tweets and Instagram posts if she finds them. 

They need to perform more or release more content online if they want to get some traction! Compared to POP and Maison book girl, they're pretty stagnant. I don't think I like them enough to pay the ridiculous price for fan club membership though. I think it's like $300 for a year! 

If they want to take the more "artist-y" route I'm fine with that since they write all the lyrics for their songs. Tokyo Girls' Style made a big fuss about being "artists" and nothing really came of that except hurt feelings and that boring song that Miyu wrote the lyrics for. POP also writes their own lyrics and they aren't above shaking some hands and taking some chekis. 

#56 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:06 PM

That sounds great! I really want to exchange a few words with Momo. Her not having any social media accounts makes her a total enigma to me. I think getting both Momo and Yuuhi on Twitter is a step in the right direction. I feel like we know very little about them. 

$300 a year for a fan club membership is ridiculous yeah, especially since they rarely do anything

#57 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

What do you even get from the fan club to make the $300 tag worth it?

#58 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:33 AM

I think there are special fan club only lives (possibly where the footage for be-bop tu-tu came from?), exclusive goods, advance releases of songs (on cassette! WTF?), and other stuff.

I just checked and on the site the price for 1 year is now 7,000 which is more reasonable. AKB48 fan club is like 500 yen a month and costs 1,000 just to join, so pretty much the same price.

#59 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:04 PM

Apparently a new EP will be released in April

It's going to be four songs, and each of those will be a solo performed by each member (so, one Uika solo, one Nozomi solo, one Momo solo, one Yuuhi solo).

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#60 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

That's pretty cool, usually groups just do solo versions of the main a-side. Interested to hear what they do with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users