120 replies to this topic

#1 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

tumblr_nu62vuSp3V1qbazr9o1_540.jpg

Self-proclaimed "Not Idol" group produced by former BiS manager Junnosuke Watanabe and Nigo in 2015. (A Bathing Ape, Teriyaki Boyz). The lineup consists of former BiS members First Summer Uika and Hirano Nozomi, along with Momose Momo and Yasui Yuuhi.

They released their first album, "IDLE GOSSIP" on April 1st 2015 (which is currently available on US iTunes) and their second album, "ROCK 'N' ROLL IDLE" is on the way. So far they have released three music videos, "Anarchy in the Music Scene", "Be My Boy" and "Be-Bop-Tu-Tu".

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#2 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

I think the other girls are just Momose Momo and Yasui Yuuhi, not sure where the "sta" in the OP came from.

Anyway, you can follow Uika on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/FirstSummerUika and Nozomi here: https://twitter.com/B_I_nozomi . The other two don't have Twitter for whatever reason, even though they probably should by now.

#3 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

Ah, thanks for the correction, changed the OP post. :D 

#4 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

Yay! I hear so much late-70s/80s New Wave/power pop in their music. I've been listening to their album a lot lately (along with BiSH), and it's really grown on me.
Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#5 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

I never knew my favorite BiS Member (Nozomi) moved on to another unit lol. I'll be watching this group closely from now on. I also like that Yuhi girl.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#6 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

As someone who has a bit of a thing for the whole retro 80s inspired throw-back music thing that some groups (Especia being a prime example) are doing these days, I'm really looking forward to hearing the new album. The first one had some good songs for sure, but I felt like they lead off on the best ones (Be My Boy, Anarchy in the Music Scene) and everything else felt a little lacking by comparison.

#7 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

I know what you mean, ever since I became a fan of Jun Togawa I've started to appreciate Japanese 80s New Wave style music, lol. Be My Boy is my favourite from the Idle Gossip album but Somewhere was a close second.

Here's the official store page btw, in case you want to get yourself some merchandise. (Granted I don't think it ships overseas but there are services for that).

#8 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for starting this thread weeaboowoman! I was thinking about starting it myself, but glad to see someone else likes them enough to start one too! (And we share the same favorites! I love Somewhere!) I'm eagerly awaiting their new album. I'm totally addicted.

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#9 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

Just a heads up, Amazon have 45 second previews of all the songs up if anyone wants to get an idea of what the new album sounds like.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B010ODP7SW/

#10 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Thank you, Mage!

Also, if you want to buy the album overseas, it's on CD Japan right now!

I'm gonna have to wait until I get paid sobsobsob

Also what appears to be an interview.

#11 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

The album isn't on iTunes yet, but all of Billie Idle's other releases are, so it'll probably be added eventually.

#12 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

Not sure what iTunes you're talking about but it usually goes up a day or two after release on US/UK.

#13 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:46 AM

Not sure what iTunes you're talking about but it usually goes up a day or two after release on US/UK.

I was talking about US iTunes. Rock 'n' Roll Idle hasn't appeared yet though. Hopefully it'll get added.

#14 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, not sure what's going on. It isn't up on the UK store yet either.

#15 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

It was the birthday live for Momose Momo: September 20 (22) and Yasui Yuuhi: June 29 (21) because they only had 5 official lives so far. Fans brought presents and banners big and small in celebration. At least, their birthdays and ages are known but, when are they going to start blogging or tweeting? Is this some kind of fan-club only info? Considering the rather steep price for membership (30,000 yen per year), this may be a possibility.

Also announced was BILLIE IDLE® presents Brand-new Idle Society on December 12th featuring BILLIE IDLE®, POP, Lui Frontic Akabane Japan, Tentenko, and Maison book girl! And Kamiya Saki will be back for that! It's the 6 members of BiS reunited! No word on others like Rinahamu, Terashima Yufu, or Nakayama Yukiko (Morphine Tokyo) though. 

#16 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

^This is so cool! A BiS reunion!

I saw Morphine Tokyo post on Twitter about the event. I can't trust Google Translate, but I think Yukiko was saying she wanted to take part or something?

#17 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if the fanclub got access to exclusive blogs or something like that. Absolutely zero reason for them not to be on Twitter though.

#18 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:59 AM

So that's how old the other two members are. This at least gives me more information to add to jpop wikia.

#19 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:34 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if the fanclub got access to exclusive blogs or something like that. Absolutely zero reason for them not to be on Twitter though.

Yuuhi is so hyper that I can't understand how she isn't on Twitter or Vine already.

Momo's a little more reserved but her voice cuts like a laser when she sings! Good pairing with her and Uika taking up most of the vocals but, I'm biased since I like them the best. 

#20 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:37 AM

You'd think they'd want to have all four of them promoting the group on social media, although having said that it's not like Uika and Nozomi do a ton of promotion right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users