1309 replies to this topic

#41 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:42 PM

^

She just rolled up for work then was like "Yeah btw I quit"? The wonderful world of idols lol

ーーWhat do you want BiSH to be?

Hug Me: I want to perform at Budokan, I want us to be a group that makes people think, "That's BiSH!" when we go on TV. I also want to do gravure!

Yay gravure!

TEAM TAKECHAN

#42 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Pretty much. According to the interviewer, he got a call from Watanabe about half an hour before the interview saying, "She just decided she's going to quit, so okay." 

DDOhydd.gif

#43 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

Twitter photos from these members...Can not stop laughing at this.Tenga is a company that makes sex toys.

Attached File  CNyyD3WUAAAs8AZ.jpg   43.36K   3 downloads

TEAM TAKECHAN

#44 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

Momokan's solo interview:

Translation

Original

DDOhydd.gif

#45 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

Was a somewhat heavier interview than expected some interesting things in there. I kind of thought it was cute how looking back on her brash comments on otaku and not liking handshakes she was suddenly a bit worried that people might not come and see her lol. I'm sure she'll be fine most Wota are M type.

The bullying stuff and things about hating school were kinda sad it reminded me a lot of my own experience. Didn't really make any friends and got picked on by some people who I thought were my friends so ended up hating it. Seems it worked out for her in the end though so it didn't get too depressing there.

And she's in college so she's older than she looks she's just a midget. I think if Lurkette never started this thread and wasn't doing these translations information would be harder to come by without being able to read Japanese well. Though even in Japanese I've not been able to find proper profiles for them like ages and heights etc. Maybe they have said ages on twiter but not been through so many posts on there I mostly just like looking at the photos. When it came to Momokan I was thinking she's about 16 but I guess visually there's not a great deal of difference between girls of 16 and girls of 18-19 in Japan they all seem to look 16 for years anyway. 

Still not quite sure I understand her motivation to become an idol she wants to be one but not like an idol but she really likes idols sort of maybe lol. I guess maybe you can translate it as the motivation for most girls which seems to be that it feels like the quick and easy way to get into the entertainment industry and get on TV.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#46 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

Her solo interview made me like her a little bit more, I'm really looking forward to finding more about them :3 I'm pretty hype for the rest of the interviews. Thank you so much for this lurkette, I was thinking I'd have to try and translate some BiSH stuff myself(and I'm very very awful so I'd not learn even vaguely nearly as much)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#47 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:53 AM

I think most of the fans can see the Momoko is just kind of weird and doesn't mean anyone any harm. I mean even if she did, she looks like a baby so it doesn't matter. There are no official profiles for them and their ages are kept secret (although we know that they're all probably 18 at the very least), so you wouldn't find much by looking it up. In any case, there is more bullying ahead in future interviews, so stay tuned for that.

Also some asked for Aina's previous work, and this page has a few videos of the music she did before: http://blog.livedoor...1026952503.html

And thank goodness she doesn't do her makeup like that anymore because it's not great. 

And here's Chicchi's, if anyone wanted it: http://blog.livedoor...1022792293.html

DDOhydd.gif

#48 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:45 AM

Both of BiSH's releases are available on iTunes (american at least). Some of BiS's stuff is there along with BILLIE IDLE in case anyone's interested.

#49 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:13 AM

Already ordered their releases from cdjapan along with a bunch of other stuff. I had a load of points to use on shipping for something so I thought screw it I really like the songs I heard so it's worth grabbing what they released so far.

I guess them all being 18+ makes sense though it's often hard to tell with Japanese when coming from the West since people from that part of the world are smaller and girls are obsessed with cuteness so they often act and try to make themselves look younger. And they have some sort of weird fountain of youth until they hit their 40's and suddenly look older than they are XD. Maybe a lot of these hardcore/rebel idols whatever you want to call them are around 18-20 with what they do they get a lot more physical with the audience stage diving,hitting them,spitting on them in some cases etc it'd maybe be bad for really young girls but I'm sure in Japan somewhere there are 12 year olds crowd surfing. I've seen some shows with these kind of groups where guys in the audience are just like picking them up in their arms to get them back up to crowd surf if people drop them. A lot of agencies staff would have a fit if that happened XD.

Oh Aina that make up...I don't even think I wore that much make up in my visual kei fan days and I was pretty bad lol. She has a really great voice though so we can just forget her over zealous make up applications.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#50 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:46 PM

OTNK was released today. They got #5 on the Oricon chart. (#3 got 19,348)

#51 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:37 AM

Well damn that's good. #5 for a debut single?? I don't remember BiS ranking like that until later in their career. Hopefully they'll be able to pass the 25k mark.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#52 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:52 AM

I guess they inherited a lot of that audience. This is good for them first day. Hopefully they have a good first week.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#53 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

Aina The End's interview.

Translation

Original

DDOhydd.gif

#54 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:58 AM

Thanks! Aina is a strange and wonderful person indeed! So far, I like everyone in BiSH, and I'm beginning to see some elements of character that they have in common, and which contribute to the unique character of the group.
Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#55 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:17 AM

The group is sort of a mish mash of bad childhood experiences and mental issues I'm sure one of them is relatively normal or had a normalish life but it seems they all had their issues. Aina comes off as this under appreciated genius I like how strong willed she seems doing all those things by herself just because she wanted to do it and after struggling she's finally getting heard.

It is an interesting dynamic when everyone seems to have their story and they have been bought together from different walks of life to create this group they are now all part of. With idols often giving off a cute and perfect image it's quite nice to find idols who seem very human and down to earth.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#56 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:13 AM

Yeah Moondoggie, I noticed that too. But it's a good thing, in a way. With sad pasts, they could use their memories of pain, depression and fear and put them into their song lyrics and performances. And it would be more effective and be able to touch people more because we all know what they've gone through. The pain that they suffered.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#57 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:16 AM

And I think it's a sign that they've all got unique personalities that may not fit very well into the standard mold. It sounds like Aina was completely beyond anything her classmates could understand. When you're young, just being different can make you the target for abuse from other kids (particularly in middle school). But it's those differences which can make you stand out in a very positive way when you get a little older, and I think we're seeing a lot of that in BiSH.
Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#58 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

BiSH got #29 on the daily charts. That's still fairly good considering how many people never chart on them. I'm impressed that they got #5 just from the pre sales for the single.

#59 Mage

Mage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for all of the translations so far. I was a fan of BiS from the early days and was pretty gutted when they called it quits. BiSH seem to be hitting on all of the stuff that made me love BiS (basically everything but the weird noise period at the end) so I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress.

#60 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Weirdly enough I never got into BiS I saw the videos and people going on about them but I thought they were a hype over anything else. It not even the music I enjoy lots of obscure loud things but they just seemed to be trying too hard to be controversial while moving away from what is good about idols. BiSH I think gets that balance right they are still going for different and a more hardcore idol approach but with more idolish pop hooks in the music and girls with more charm who are rough around the edges but cute. I can get behind that more than "rawr we are so different and weird!"

TEAM TAKECHAN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users