• Please log in to reply
1309 replies to this topic

#1 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

Advertised as one more round of BiS, the knockoff, the rebirth, etc., BiSH is the product of original BiS manager Watanabe Junnosuke and producer Matsukuma Kenta. The group was formed at the beginning of 2015 and has released two albums.

slide1.jpg

The group was originally founded with 5, but Yukako Love Deluxe quit the group early in its existence due to "overthinking." Her vocals remain on the recording of "Spark" for their first album, although it was re-recorded as Spark '16 for their second album. Two new members were added in August of the same year. They were described as sub-members pending full membership until they reached 5000 followers on Twitter, which they did. They made their music debut in the single OTNK, and their performance debut was at their Zepp Tokyo show on August 26, 2015 (attendance to the show was also free with a 2015 2-day wristband from Tokyo Idol Festival, from which BiSH were banned for overzealous fan behavior, although they were re-invited in 2016). 

They announced their major debut under avex trax January 19, 2016. Hug Me, a founding member, graduated from the group in June, 2016. Auditions were held to replace her, leading to the admission of new member Ayuni D.

As was the case with BiS, the members contribute heavily to their lyrics and are responsible for their own choreography. From the album, "Is this call??" was written by Aina, "SCHOOL GIRLS, BANG BANG" and "Story Brighter" were written by Chicchi, "HUG ME" was written by Hug Me, and "DA DANCE!!" and "Pira Piro" were written by Momoko. "MONSTERS," "TOUMIN SHOUJO," and "Lonely Girl" were written Yukako. 

Official HP: http://www.bish.tokyo/

Official twitter: https://twitter.com/BiSHidol

Watanabe Junnosuke's twitter: https://twitter.com/JxSxK

Official YouTube (less active since debut with avex)

avex YouTube channel

Releases:

Album - Brand-new Idol Shit, 2015.05.27

Single - OTNK, 2015.09.02  *abbreviation for "ochinko," meaning, "penis."

----------------------------Major debut with avex trax------------------------------------

Album - FAKE METAL JACKET, 2016.01.20

Single - DEADMAN, 2016.05.04

Album - KiLLER BiSH, 2016.10.05

Members:

member_1001130.jpg

Centochihiro Chicchi

Nickname: Chittiii

https://twitter.com/Chittiii_BiSH

http://ototoy.jp/feature/2015042805

Former member of Tsuyogari Sensation under the name Aoi Chihiro

From her twitter description: "BiSH's garbage captain, Sentochihiro Chicchi. Music and blue and anime and games. A taste for bananas and the grotesque. She will favorite your tweets."

member_1001128.jpg

Momoko Gumi Company
Nickname: Momokan

https://twitter.com/GUMi_BiSH

http://ototoy.jp/feature/2015041505

From her twitter description: "BiSH's tiny person with a short haircut. Usually being frivolous."

member_1001127.jpg

Aina The End

Nickname: Aina

https://twitter.com/aina_BiSH

http://ototoy.jp/feature/2015042205

Former back-up dancer for the group parallel under the name Iitani Aina

Loves Oomori Seiko

From her twitter description: "BiSH's Aina The End. Long black hair, blunt bangs, and a husky voice. Does most of the choreography. Loves singing. Who here is a Biliken?"

member_1001131.jpg

Hashiyatsume Atsuko

https://twitter.com/atsuko84_BiSH

Always wearing glasses.

member_1001132.jpg

LingLing

https://twitter.com/liNGliNG_BiSH

Youngest. Taciturn. Takes her name from former Morning Musume member LinLin.

member_1001366.jpg

Ayuni D

https://twitter.com/AYUNiD_BiSH

Former members:

Spoiler

Lyric translations (translations by me, compilations by poleosis):

Self-titled album
Fake Metal Jacket

KiLLER BiSH (WIP)
Subtitled videos

I also translated the interview conducted with Watanabe upon his decision to "do BiS again," to give some insight into what brought about the group.

Translation

Original

DDOhydd.gif

#2 olorosooso

olorosooso

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for the translation!

After seeing their performance from TIF I had that song (they played 3 times in a row) stuck in my head for a week. :D Aina's voice is amazing.

#3 eyeless

eyeless

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:16 AM

Thank you for creating this thread. These bad girls of idols are one of my favorite group :)

#4 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

I'm kind of addicted to this group ;-;
I didn't really like BiS so I'm not really coming from that angle. I really like their music and their performance. They'really also pretty cute.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#5 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

My favorites from the group right now are Atsuko (even though she's new) and Momoko Gumi Company. 

I, like a lot of people, got into them after the whole TIF2015 incident. I really like Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni, it's good both live and audio (even though the backtrack from TIF was really distracting me from the girl's vocals).But, watching one of their lives, I like MONSTERS way more. I'm also kind of liking OTNK a bit more after a few listens.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#6 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

I have to admit  --  i'm thoroughly hooked on them!  XD

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#7 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

I'm glad someone finally created a topic for them. Other than Pure Idol Heart and occasionally another thread, there isn't much english information out there about them, and I can't read much Japanese.

#8 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

YOOOOO THIS GROUP IS EPIC !!!!

Their cute too and their music is sick!

I might actually follow them

#9 jimmcbim

jimmcbim

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

thanks for translating that interview

wasn't that impressed when I first heard the BiSH album but it's grown into one of my favs of the year, Kenta really knows how to write a hook

oh and Aina has an amazing voice!

#10 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

Some live videos for those who haven't seen them:

First one-man live "THIS IS FOR BiS"

TIF performance

Current tour "FLASH BACK ZOMBiES TOUR AGAiN"

The backtrack is loud, but Aina easily sings over it by this point. 

DDOhydd.gif

#11 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

Translated the members' first group interview:

Translation

Original

DDOhydd.gif

#12 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

So when will Atsuko and LingLing be participating in live performances? At the Zepp Tokyo event, or much later than that? I'm really anticipating seeing those two live, they'll probably be just as good as the other 4.

Unfortunately for me, I seem to have a thing for liking the backgirls/underdogs. It doesn't seem like Momoko Gumi Company gets many lines in most songs.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#13 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for the translations :)
It's great to hear more about the group. I really like Chicchi and I love Ainas voice (really impressed with her doing most of the choreography too). Hug me is kind of adorable. I don't really have any feelings with Momoko.
I hope we can find out about the new 2 soon and about how the first 4 feel about it now they've been out for a bit.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#14 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

So when will Atsuko and LingLing be participating in live performances? At the Zepp Tokyo event, or much later than that? I'm really anticipating seeing those two live, they'll probably be just as good as the other 4.

Unfortunately for me, I seem to have a thing for liking the backgirls/underdogs. It doesn't seem like Momoko Gumi Company gets many lines in most songs.

They will be at Zepp Tokyo. I don't know how involved they will be, since they only sing on the one song, but it was confirmed on twitter that they would be there.

DDOhydd.gif

#15 eyeless

eyeless

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:52 AM

Momoko is very blunt, interesting ..

especially her comment about handshake :)

Momoko: You really can't stand on your own if you're dependent on idols, right? That's why. I hate people who say they love underground idols.
All: Scary!
Momoko: For handshakes and stuff, I think, do you really not have any other girls to talk to?!

And thank you Lurkette for translating this

#16 pyokokun

pyokokun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

The best part is definitely that these girls seem more... ready to actually be idols? Like they actually know about idol shit and so they can parody and mock it better.

That was certainly lacking with BiS, so I'm hoping that it's more apparent here. 

D8rMZZU.jpg?1

#17 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for the translation!!!

ーーWhat were all of your parents' reactions?

Aina: They told me, "If you're going to get naked, do it with flair." They said I should do it artistically.

I like Aina, I like her parents, I like everybody in he group!  XD

And I like Momoko's attitude  --  her bluntness is not only refreshing  --  it's also necessary.  The idol industry needs people who are willing to clear the air and nudge it over towards contact with the real world.

And I'm glad to see that they really do seem to be nice to each other, and to like each other!
Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#18 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

Part 2 of the group interview.

Translation

Original

DDOhydd.gif

#19 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

Momoko: You really can't stand on your own if you're dependent on idols, right? That's why. I hate people who say they love underground idols.
All: Scary!
Momoko: For handshakes and stuff, I think, do you really not have any other girls to talk to?!
Watanabe: We'll have handshake events, though.
Momoko: I'll be okay with just a handshake.

Lol I think idols talking down to fans just somehow makes them liked more. No idea what sort of name Momoko Gumi Company is supposed to be it makes her sound like a Yakuza XD. I kind of like this attitude though when it comes to idols I have simple tastes so I would have liked her the most anyway. Short hair? Check. Small? Check. What is her actual height? Not been able to find any stats for that anywhere.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#20 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

^ She hasn't confirmed it, and apparently she lied about it on her original audition application, so I'm not sure I'd trust her to tell you her actual height. LingLing just confirmed on twitter that she's 157.1 cm (and I trust her the most out of everyone to tell the truth), so you might try comparing from there. One fan estimates her to be around 143. 

Their Zepp Tokyo show is over, the new members debuted their one song but did not participate in the rest of the show. However, this seems to mark them moving forward as a 6-member group, not just 4+2.

DDOhydd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users