Photo

H!P Release Speculation/Discussion Thread

c-ute morning musume angerme juice=juice country girls kobushi factory tsubaki factory KSS

• Please log in to reply
1079 replies to this topic

#1021 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:19 AM

On April 2, it was announced that Karin Miyamoto's original song "Mirai no Filament", written by Kodama Ameko and composed by michitomo, would be used as the theme song for the TBS TV show, Furusato no Mirai

From the H!P Wikia

#1022 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

Also probably should add BEYOOOOONDS' "Vitamin ME" to the list since it hasn't had any digital/physical release yet.

#1023 Kimagure Princess

Kimagure Princess

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:32 PM

Are there some news about new MM single? :( I am so curious if the black-turquoise dresses are for a new song.

#1024 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

I think they're "just" for their concert tour... :( I also think Up Front might want to give Beyooooonds a single first.

Then again I was surprised to see the new Tsubaki single... maybe we're lucky and MM releases another one sometime in fall/winter...

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1025 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:49 AM

Unreleased Songs Update
Morning Musume
[2019] Hey! unfair Baby - Lyrics & Composition: Tsunku | Arrangement: Suzuki Shunsuke

Juice=Juice
[2019] Platonic Planet (プラトニック・プラネット) - Lyrics: Kodama Ameko | Composition and Arrangement: Sumikama Tomohiro

[2020] Ganbare nai yo (がんばれないよ)

BEYOOOOONDS

[2020] Vitamin ME (ビタミンME) - Lyrics: Kodama Ameko | Composition: Hoshibe Sho | Arrangement: Itagaki Yusuke

Hello Pro Kenshuusei
[2019] Warui Hito (悪いヒト) - Lyrics: Ohashi Riko | Arrangement: Takahashi Shuhei
[2019] Jounetsu Sparkle (情熱スパークル) - Lyrics: Izutsu Himi
[2019] Zettai Idol Sengen (絶対アイドル宣言) - Lyrics: Fukuda Kanon | Composition: Hoshibe Sho
[2020] Omotesando A5 (表参道A5) - Lyrics & Composition: Tsunku
[2020] Mistake (ミステイク) - Lyrics: Yamazaki Aoi | Composition: Nakajima Takui

Kanazawa Tomoko
[2020] Romantic Tabun Comedy (RomanticたぶんComedy) - Written / composed by Oomori Seiko
[2020] Chippoke na Jibun (ちっぽけな自分) - Written / composed by Yamazaki Aoi
[2020] Anata wo Omou Kaerimichi (あなたを思う帰り道) - Composed by Nakajima Takui
[2020] Kono Mama Otona ni Nacchau no ka na (このまま大人になっちゃうのかな)

Hirai Miyo

[2020] AM4 (エーエムフォー) - Written / Composed by Hirai

#1026 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:03 AM

i hope vitamin me gets an official release soon bc my ears do Not like idol songs ripped from yt lmao

#1027 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:31 AM

Added the Momusu song to the list.

#1028 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:54 PM

Wasn’t sure where to discuss this but I figured it’d might make most sense here (and I apologize if there’s elsewhere on the site better for it but, i think this area gets more traffic and so more people will be able to join this discussion)

H!P’s always been pretty innovative or at least ahead Of the game when it comes to online presence. They had YT channels that uploaded their content in full (even close ups and Dance shots for years until around 2014/15) when many j-artists only did short versions (and many still do), they hopped on iTunes pretty early when most J-pop acts were still hesitant, and they reached out to their overseas fanbase a lot more than most idol acts in Japan do. So it surprises me that they’re still not on Spotify, despite the fact that most UF acts are, as are most idol groups these days. Momusu is up on global Spotify but it’s just the A gunna / Are you Happy? single and that’s it. As a side note, Airi is on Spotify but not outside of Japan, and PINK CRES isn’t on there either as far as I know. So I’m not saying all acts under UF are available there, but the majority of them are, and given H!P’s history I’m genuinely surprised they don’t have them up there for global streaming, especially considering the current state of the world and how it’s affecting physical sales.

I think it’s an inevitable thing though, so I’m wondering when they’ll do it? Next year maybe?

#1029 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 03:05 PM

it's so weird to me that they haven't done it yet. i'm hoping since 48g finally bit the bullet and threw everything on streaming h!p will do the same since they're basically the only major idol agency to not have done it yet, but idk. considering they were probably the first to reach out to international fans and put their pvs on youtube, even with english subs, it's strange. maybe it's a distribution issue? idk. hopefully they'll do it soon, maybe they're looking at how 48g and other companies are doing on streaming

#1030 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 04:15 PM

It's because this kind of platform just don't pay the artist... I think it's very smart to avoid that kind of streaming website. They literally kill the music, artist and innovation and depreciate the global value. Not sure to understand why people support that to be honest. Maybe they don't know hiw the share of revenue works with that kind of contract. Same with apple music which is the big big shame of the industry.

#1031 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

at the same time, the damage has already been done to the industry; streaming is the most common method of listening to music these days, and staying off of it in defiance won't gain you any supporters except from dedicated fans. if they want to bring in new people, the type that are casual listeners, they have to put their discography on streaming. though that does raise the question of IF they want to appeal to the general market, or if they want to keep it in the fanbase. sounds dumb to me since why wouldn't u want more money but whatever lol

#1032 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 04:59 PM

Don't get me wrong, Spotify and Apple Music really pay the artists (or rather, the record labels) very little. But "they literally kill the music" is way over the top.

If anything gets "killed" it's the music industry. However, Netflix for example didn't kill movies. Not even pirating killed the movie or music industry (and not the gaming industry either).

Idol music won't die, because people will still buy physical copies for the rewards (handshake or photoshoot tickets, trading cards, whatever).

And, of course, to support their group. Because dedicated wota care less about the music and more about the members.

Maybe the industries have to think over what they're actually doing. They're flooting the market with - mostly cheaply produced - tracks and expect the consumer to buy all of that. No offense, but maybe sometimes "killing" some construct like that isn't too bad.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1033 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:37 PM

The thing is, Spotify actually had to do a ton of courting with individual labels and artists in Japan to get any of them on the platform. When they first tried to launch there, they couldn't get off the ground because the domestic agencies saw what they were paying and gave a hard pass, since Japan is still largely a physical music market. Spotify had to adjust what they were willing to pay and promote to get big Japanese acts on the platform. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they had offered 48G a significant deal. H!P may very well be waiting to see if Spotify sends them an offer rather than jumping onto the train for next to nothing. 

Plus, it's not as though they've shunned all streaming. They put their MVs in full on YouTube and most of their catalog is on Apple Music. Still, H!P is sort of notorious for not really caring if they appeal to the public. As long as they have a devoted, core fanbase, they don't really seem to care about growing.

DDOhydd.gif

#1034 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:14 AM

why wouldn't u want more money but whatever lol

Hey, the sea, sky and mountains are crying, crying !

You, you don't listen carefully the messages across all HP songs lol
Maybe we don't need so many things ?

Koko kara dashite, Koko kara dashite, Lonelinesssssssssss lol

#1035 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:21 AM

that's fair lmao i never read lyrics

#1036 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:48 AM

Idol companies make more money off merch and concert ticket sales than they do music releases and it’s been that way long before streaming became mainstream.

Idol releases are front loaded, so they often make the majority of their sale within the first week of release. The numbers dwindle after that and after a few weeks, the single is selling maybe 100 copies a week. The single will eventually stop selling, and then no more money (or very, very little) is being made off those CDs. At least with streaming, that same single will be played again and again and again for years. They might be making less from streaming but in the long run, it will continue to be profitable with streaming. It won’t in a physical format.

Not to mention streaming reaches waaay more people. These days it’s mostly fans who buy CDs, but with streaming the average person can listen to that song and enjoy it (or not), but it’ll count as a stream and they’ll make money off it. If someone listens to the song as a sample in a music store and decides not to buy the album, they don’t make money at all.

#1037 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:23 AM

Took off "Junjou Evidence" and added "SHAKA SHAKA TO LOVE" on the unreleased list.

#1038 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:36 PM

On April 2, it was announced that Karin Miyamoto's original song "Mirai no Filament", written by Kodama Ameko and composed by michitomo, would be used as the theme song for the TBS TV show, Furusato no Mirai

From the H!P Wikia

Digital release set for 12/10 and added another Karin song to the list and a new Juice=Juice track.

#1039 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 07:59 AM

Updated to take off "SHAKA SHAKA TO LOVE" as it is being released digitally on 12/24

#1040 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 09:19 PM

Took out Karin's stuff as she's not H!P anymore and added a Miyo Hirai song to the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users