Photo

H!P Release Speculation/Discussion Thread

c-ute morning musume angerme juice=juice country girls kobushi factory tsubaki factory KSS

• Please log in to reply
1079 replies to this topic

#961 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

Would that make 2019 the first year in which only one single was released? Other than 1997, but well that was indies era. Rather disappointing to say the least, I don’t think it does them any good to have such huge breaks between releases, but I guess it’s not the longest one they’ve had. Either way, I feel quite bad for 15ki.

I8dtEOy.gif

#962 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

Well that's just plain stupid, for a multitude of reasons. Can someone seriously sit down management and show them it is possible to promote multiple groups at once on the regular, not just their newest toy?

I know I can't be the only person who was getting bored with the group and had renewed interest with 15th gen's introduction. Now the "new" release will have a song at least 2.5 months old? And the only footage we've gotten is shaky and barely focused on the two completely new girls? They could've at least shown us Suki na Senpai so we can see how they're growing.

#963 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

^That's what makes me feel bummed as well. K&K is a nice song, but it doesn't feature 15ki much. Them not mentioning Hey! Unfair Baby makes it sound like it's not part of the single which makes me hope for a 15ki centric song.

I think they might release Hey! Unfair Baby as a digital single.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#964 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1856 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:16 PM

I can't believe they left MM fandom die for this year with only a best of album and one single! :( And 15ki hyped everything up again!!! <3  They should strike the iron while it is hot!

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#965 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:20 PM

I miss the days when each group had 3 or 4 releases in a year. They managed it quite well back then.

I like how the groups do other activities, like plays and stuff, but since Momusu didn't have one this year, I had a glimmer of hope that there would be 3 single releases this year because of its absence.

I was really wrong and then some, I guess :c11:

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#966 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:46 PM

^
To be fair even though it is disappointing that the 68th Single isn’t going to be released until next year it also means that there’s a chance they might release 2 more singles after it, especially since anytime they’ve released a CD single in January they’ve released 2 more singles the same year. Hopefully we’ll get more news about it soon

#967 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:14 PM

^I do hope so. It'd been great if they released an album before announcing this "break" like when in 2013 the best album came out. I know there are more groups with more activities now. But I don't think it can be that hard to promote them without not focusing in the older groups. Also with more groups they should reach for a wider audience. But if they debut new groups for the same audience then I can't help thinking that they're planning to focus more on the new groups while the old ones will be getting less and less until they disband. I hope i'my wrong with this last statement.

Morning Musume'19

#968 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

To be honest they could easily promote a new single right now. But they don't, we're in a total H!P slop again and only get graduation announcements :/

VKnn8U2.png

#969 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:55 PM

^

x2

Good point :) I hope we can hear sometime soon...

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#970 MaaDuu

MaaDuu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:26 PM

I know I can't be the only person who was getting bored with the group and had renewed interest with 15th gen's introduction. Now the "new" release will have a song at least 2.5 months old? And the only footage we've gotten is shaky and barely focused on the two completely new girls? They could've at least shown us Suki na Senpai so we can see how they're growing.

Pretty much this. It feels like the more groups H!P has the less they focus on Morning Musume, as if they know MM will sell so they put the group on the back burner. As much as I love MM, 2019 was boring aside from the announcement of 15ki. Even then we haven't seen much from them and probably aren't going to until 2020 it seems.

I miss the days when each group had 3 or 4 releases in a year. They managed it quite well back then.

Or at least triple song singles.

From 2013 - 2015 they had 3 single releases a year.

2016 - 2018 had 2 single releases a year.

This year we've only had 1 single released so far.

#971 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:23 AM

^

Another good point.

The promotion for the next single should be pretty amazing since people might forget the 15th gen hasn't had a single debut yet.

And here I thought they would also do a special 20th anniversary remake for Love Machine :arrow: unless they do it digital single route.

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

#972 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:13 PM

^Lol, I just figured out that the one to do a "remake" of LOVE Machine wasn't Morning Musume '19 but Kobushi Factory.
I was wondering why they opted to cover that one... but wasn't able to put 2+2 together to realise it's been 20 years since its release.

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#973 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1231 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

It seems there will be an announcement for TF in this week H!S. Probably a new single...hope so...

https://www.instagra.../p/B3W1L70gsfx/

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#974 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:49 PM

Just one double-A side song for MM in a year (and not even a real album) is disgraceful.  I am so incredibly frustrated by how my favorite group is being ignored/left to rot by the company. Shame on them, seriously.

They add these great new members, and then don't even bothering giving them a debut song that features them, and wait forever to actually release a song. Their musical quality has completely stagnated in recent years as well. It's so sad because I love the girls so much, but it's been a loooong time since they released a song I was excited about. 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#975 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:20 AM

^
To be honest I don’t think it’s disgraceful at all. Sure it’s not really how any of us wanted this year to go for Morning Musume, but you have to remember that one of their members was injured and had to go on hiatus for over a month. Sakura has even mentioned that she still feels some pain around the area of her injury especially when she’s performing which is fairly normal since of the symptoms of her injury can last up to 6 months after a patient with that type of injury has recovered. If you take into account that Sakura had to go on hiatus back in July and that the 68th Single is being released in January next year that’s about 6 months difference, so it’s possible UpFront are waiting until they can be sure that Sakura is fully recovered and not in any risk of her injury relapsing, especially during promotions for the 68th Single.

That’s not to say though that they can’t also use the extra time to work on a 3rd A-side for the single that features 15ki as the main centers or record some B-side songs to include as well :good: Again it sucks that Morning Musume hardly got any decent promotion this year, but having the extra time before they release their next single might work in their favour if UpFront don’t waste the extra time they have before releasing it and promote the group as well as the individual members (especially 15ki) as much as possible before the end of 2019

#976 MaaDuu

MaaDuu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:39 AM

^

Even when Masaki was on hiatus for 2 months they released a single without her.

#977 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:33 PM

^
Even when Masaki was on hiatus for 2 months they released a single without her.

Putting my reply to this in a spoiler since I didn’t realise exactly how much I’d written until after I posted it

Spoiler

#978 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

It seems there will be an announcement for TF in this week H!S. Probably a new single...hope so...

https://www.instagra.../p/B3W1L70gsfx/

It is a new single, but like MM's, it will be released in January... (1/15). At least Kiki is back!

VKnn8U2.png

#979 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:57 PM

Hmmm? Did a chunk of conversation get deleted??

#980 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

Sakura is doing the fall concert tour. That is a lot more strenous than releasing a single. I just can't believe that is the reason they aren't releasing a single. 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users