• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Afya'15

Afya'15

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 884 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

First I'm sorry for bringing such negativity here.

Since Sayu left.....I rarely check MM info anymore. The remaining girls are still all cute especially Maria but I've lost the urge to check them everyday or even every week. tbh the new EDM are not my cup of tea but Sayu probably kept me there.

I still bought a few copies of the latest single to support the group but the CD package has been sitting next to me for a few days now and I haven't open it yet. I didn't put the songs on loop like I did previously.

I feel bad for having less interest. Did anyone feel the same about any idol before? How do you go through it?

#2 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

I did. After Yossy's graduation and Miki's sudden departure I lost interest in the group even though Gaki, another favourite of mine, was still there. Like you now I had no interest in the musical direction back then, and somehow it wasn't that fun to follow them because you could feel that the budget got cut more and more.

I took a break, coming back around the time Maji Desu ka SKA has been released. Before, I still looked up some newer songs every now and then, but they bored me. With Kimagure Princess I had the feeling that I never wanted to follow them again and was sure that they'd disband soon.

Well, what drew me back into the group was their new style I think. Maji Desu ka SKA was like the little brother of Koko ni Iruzee. Only You, again, threw me off a bit, especially since they were forcing Riho's vocals through it (back then i was not a fan of Riho lol). But Kono Chikyuu, even PPU, Renai Hunter (!) kept me there. I'm not a big fan of the current music either, but fortunately I found a new bunch of girls to follow.

So, the only advice I could give you is to take a break. It doesn't have to be a long one like mine, but maybe for only the next one or two releases.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#3 TIMMII

TIMMII

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

MM is a long running group. I personally think it is usual thing for the fan to be on and off. I stopped checking on them after a couple release after Nanchatte Renai, one of my favorite release in PE. They were becoming dull in general. I just comeback on Pyoco Ultra to check the 9th gen and 10th gen altogether. My suggestion is the same to previous comment, just take your time.

#4 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:40 AM

take your time, you'll love all the new girls soon!

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#5 Afya'15

Afya'15

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 884 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'm glad people understand. I will loosely follow them still. Maybe when I come back, Eripon will have become center :)

In terms of direction, I like where C-ute is going, maybe I can start following them.

#6 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

I am the same way.  Even before Sayu left I had "graduation fatigue". 

I started out with °C-ute over five years ago.  Many people told me to check out the "mother ship" of H!P, which was MM.  So, I delved into MM on YouTube.  Great stuff, but most of it was history.  I loved it!!  It was a bitter sweet experience, though.  I was getting attached to idols who had already come and gone.

The last MM single I really got into was "What is Love?".  I listened to it again yesterday.  It is great.  Great dance, great lines, I like the "What do you want?!" shoutout and "Is it necessary?" reply.  Super cute! 

Haruna is my favorite, and I hope she does really well, I am just not that interested in watching wave after wave of 13 y.o.'s right now.

I am concentrating on °C-ute.  I can barely keep up with them.   

#7 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

I'm the same way honestly. I haven't liked anything from MM since Toki wo Koe. Everything is sounding the same now, and I'm tired of H!P's crap that they pull in any single. The MVs are always cheap (its expected with H!P), but they don't try to hide that fact. They have the members that can actually sing hidden in the back. The songs haven't been that great either. The thing is though, I like all the members, I just don't like what management does. I'm tired of pretending to like the stuff so people don't attack me on here.

At this point, I've pretty much stayed with C-ute and ANGERME. They haven't disappointed me yet. I've migrated to other Japanese music. I've delved into Avex (although I don't track their members much), Little Glee Monster, BeForU, TERRA, The Epic of Zektbach,and indies groups that appear on Okay! Musume Time and Pure Idol Heart. I've also paid more attention to stuff under Up-Front Create such as Nakajima Takui, UUG, Bitter&Sweet, The Possible. 

#8 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

You can just focus on the other groups for now. Until you find the new MM's appeal. After Reina graduated I had no favorite members left so I just started paying more attention to Juice=Juice. Now Juice=Juice is my favorite group in H!P, but I still listen to MM a lot and I found MM girls to support from now on.

#9 Mikaeri Bijin

Mikaeri Bijin

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

It's normal you can sometimes lose interest in a group, don't worry. ^^; But keep on listening to their next releases maybe you'll end up to love them again.

#10 DuuItNow

DuuItNow

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

This has also happened to me. I used to be a huge fan of J-rock groups (mostly groups in Visual Kei). When I got into Hello! Project everything else was put on the back burner.  :c18:

I still enjoy those groups but listening to them now I don't get the same feeling I did when I was extremely into them. I'm also not really up-to-date with any of them other than the GazettE.

Kaede Momona • Riko • Kurumi

Kanon  Yurina • Chisato • Meimi Maho  Risa • Sakurako  • Aya

#11 Chisa no Mark

Chisa no Mark

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

Although I call Sayu my "forever oshi" and such, I haven't lost interest in MM.

In fact, I'm now rediscovering how ultra-intrigued I was by the possibility of

an entirely post-PE Momusu back when the 9th gen first joined. What bugs me

is how much others have already lost interest. Especially considering that

for "1-2-3", "Ai no Joku", and others Sayu was not, much as I love her, the

singing powerhouse. Yes, I'm aware that in the Idol World charisma/magnetism

often count for more than singing ability but still...

#12 dramaflake

dramaflake

8th gen member

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

It is completely understandable to lose interest in Morning Musume.

Okay, let me lay this out for people to read. Before I begin this criticism I want to make it very clear that when I say "Morning Musume" here, I am not talking so much about the 11 girls in front of the camera (I will refer to them as "the members") but rather the people managing, booking, marketing and generally running the actual group.

They don't actually DO anything any more. Sure, they have their traveling show schedule, but...

Their own variety show?

Maybe a travel or tourism show of various locations in Japan?

Stage plays?

Comedic shorts?
Trips to Hawaii or Hong Kong involving doing games and challenges or showing off special sites?
Dramas involving the members?

You know, as much as it may be hard to believe, there was a time when they actually did all those things. When there would be at least an hour of video a week of Morning Musume-- and not sitting at a desk just talking or backstage footage of shows, but actual entertaining programing! There was actually a reason to understand, know and support the individual members.

Making cell phone games that feature actual members? (Okay, they discontinued the one based on the Math school and they have a slightly newer one that uses anime pictures where half the H!P members aren't remotely recognizable)

They have a YouTube channel. Take a look at what all the 48 sister groups do with them and how many shows each of them puts out each week.
There is no excuse. They could easily change all of this in a flash if they had any motivation and decided to put any actual effort in any more. There are people making more money than Morning Musume just playing video games and making obnoxious comments and reactions on YouTube.

How about fan interactions? Making handshake events and selling the tickets in the CDs. How about having fans vote for their favorite members by buying CDs and rewarding them with solo songs?

How about buying a building somewhere off the main road in Harajuku, opening a Hello! Project cafe and stage show where stage costumes can be put on display, CDs and goods can be sold every day and each Hello! Project group does a stage show there a couple times a month.

You don't have to do EVERYTHING the 48 groups do, but considering how much the 48 groups ripped off from what Morning Musume used to do and just stopped doing due to laziness... stealing some ideas from them would only be fair.

Or how about having the members stop acting like total elitist snobs? Does it really appeal to anyone when they pretend to not know any idols outside their own company and have no idea what anyone else is doing because everyone else is below them? Seriously-- the 48 group members mention Hello! Project members in positive light all the time. They cite former members as their heroes-- listed Tsugunaga Momoko, Michishige Sayumi and Suzuki Airi as three of their most favorite idols on THEIR TV show using THEIR TV time.

And how does Hello! Project return the favor? It refuses to show up at the Tokyo Idol shows, claiming to be too busy and saying they are below them. Because they are oh so busy... doing... nothing. Maybe doing a summer show for the same exact dwindling audience they have for the past decade? Their sales figures have been in the garbage for years. I am pretty sure Passpo and babyraids might be outselling them at this point (particularly Hello! Project groups like Angerme and Juice=Juice which have never been famous nor ever put out a real hit song.) There is no justification for the snobbery any more-- if HKT, Idoling, Nogizaka, Sakura Gakuin, etc. invite them to stand on the same stage, they should be happy to accept the offer. Not slap the hand away and spit on them. In fact, at this point if AKB invites Morning Musume to stand in their shadows slightly off-stage, Morning Musume should come crawling on its hands and knees to accept that offer.

The company is so paranoid about members jumping over to the 48 groups and never coming back that they absolutely forbid members from saying things like: "I heard Takahashi Minami is graduating at the end of this year! Seeing how she led her company really makes me want to be a better leader too." or "My favorite member of NMB is Yamamoto Sayaka! I've been trying to learn to play the guitar too! Maybe I'll do that in a future song." or "oh! I heard that Nakamoto Himeka became center in Nogizaka under members. She's been my friend since I was 6 years old! I am happy for her." or "This is my cousin. She is in NMB! We went to an amusement park together. Check out these pictures."

But the reverse? Happens all the time. ALL the time. But, no.

Chances are that if Morning Musume wanted to turn things around, they would be able to do a joint project with HKT pretty easily-- Sashihara is the boss of HKT and loves Hello! Project and has arranged several previous meetings. its the whole reason Yasuda Kei gets to be on Utage. Maybe a joint charity concert or just a TV program where they compete against each other. But... no. Because Morning Musume won't let go of the fact that they are the older group and refuses to give any other company fair due, it can't happen.

Morning Musume's latest video was really cool. Not the ones the Juice=Juice girl was in-- those were as dull as watching a glacial melt like way too much of the shlock Hello! Project has been churning out for years and worse than almost any Morning Musume video for years. But the one with the actual director and effort? That one was really cool.

But it doesn't make up for having done absolutely nothing worthwhile since the math school drama other than the two times they were pranked. It doesn't even make sense to introduce the 4 new members as something special when all the rest of the current members still feel very much undeveloped. They haven't given the audience any chance to know them or see what they can really do. And they have made 0 attempt to reach new audiences.

So... why SHOULD anyone care about Morning Musume any more?

Because they happen to be carrying the name of a group that used to mean something?

Because there are a couple talented members who could have been something were they in a group that actually cared about making them stars?

Are those really good reasons?

Someone counter my argument, please! While I really do feel this harshly, there is part of me that still wants to be wrong.

#13 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:09 AM

^While you do make some valid points, it's overshadowed by how many facts you got wrong. Please do research before trying to make an argument!

But back to the topic, It's perfectly fine to lose interest in an idol group. I have lost interest in so many groups (AKB48, Sakura Gakuin, SUPER GiRLS, iRis, etc)

I think when you lose interest though, check up on the group's releases once in a while. Maybe they might spark your interest again?  Also, follow indie groups. They always need more fans and attention.

H!P fans that hate on other people for not liking H!P groups suck though But then again, it feels like kpop fandoms are even worse... that is coming from a kpop fan 

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#14 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

Good post, dramaflake. I really enjoyed reading it.

Though to be honest for a lot of things there needs to be a demand. Even better known groups get unattractive TV timeslots. Dramas can only take a certain amount of members (and I think Airi is in some from time to time), also again with the timeslot (their Math School drama was aired after midnight, too). They also do stage plays, especially quite serious ones (Jeanne, Lilium, Triangle), as well as trips to Hawaii (I think Hong Kong is not attractive to them anymore for some reason).

However, I agree on mainly one thing: Aside from single releases, concert tours and stage plays they don't really give you much to follow, and as a fan living outside of Japan you can only listen to their songs and buy DVDs.

The agency does a lot of safe-play, they don't risk much. That's good for the company but quite boring.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#15 Ganbacchae! It's Alright!

Ganbacchae! It's Alright!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

Whenever I get bored with H!P I take an AKBreak from it. There are so many other wonderful idols out there who need the support of fans, don't count them out! I was almost distraught when Berryz announced their hiatus seeing as Miya is my number one favorite idol forever, but I know that many other wonderful girls seek to bring us happiness and cash those checks as well. MM has gotten pretty boring for me despite the fact that the girls are lovable, though I did like their most recent release. 

Posted Image
siggie by moi! ^_^

#16 Sanalui

Sanalui

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

on the contrary, i'm became more interested in H!P (as a whole) after all these big change happened in H!P 9a bunch of new group, new kenshuusei member, mass graduate/hiatus).

as H!P fan since about 10 years ago, i'm always feels so sad when my fav member graduate from H!P but that's fact never makes me stop from adoring H!P and it's uniqueness... i don't know why, maybe u dont feels like that.. 

it's okay if you just became a casual fan, that's your choice, never tried too hard to liking something u're not like anymore :) no one will blaming u for that :good:  

mYJHMOa.png

~ SATO MASAKI :arrow: HAMAURA AYANO  :arrow: ALL H!P MEMBERS  :arrow:  LOVE THEM ALL    :chuu: ~

#17 fukuhimespider

fukuhimespider

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 770 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:06 AM

Hi!

I experienced what you're currently experiencing but it was waaaay back in 2003/2004 after GoMaki graduated. Back then, the internet connection wasn't reliable and there weren't much info about Morning Musume available that I got the info about GoMaki's graduation pretty late.

I tried to stick to the fandom and got to the point when they made 2 groups (sakura gumi and otome gumi) but it just wasn't the same (for me). That and I started to listen to more J-rock than J-pop.

I stopped following them fully before 2007, IIRC. I have not listened nor have I checked out any info about Morning Musume for the past 7-8 years. I didn't even check out the PVs where they 1st featured the 7th and 8th gen. lol.

How did I get over it? I guess in my case, it took quite a bit of time and a fraction of a facebook post of a fellow MM fan to get me back. Since I just started getting back into the fandom around 5 days ago. I think my friend only mentioned "Sou Da!!! We're alive" in passing and that was where it started for me again. The good thing for me is that I don't know any of the members right now so it's basically a fresh start for me. And the funny thing is my enthusiasm is on a higher level now than it was before. Sure, it takes some getting used to the current style they're using for their songs (too much EDM at times, imho), but all in due time I guess.

Right now, I've taken quite a liking to Fukuhime (and when I say quite a liking, I mean it, LOL). And while I'm not really sure if that's a smart thing for me (based what I experienced when during GoMaki's time), I sure hope she stays longer in the group. I hope she can go beyond the tenure of the 6th gen.

Anyway, sorry for the long reply, I hope everything works out for you.

I JUST GOT BACK AND I AUTOMATICALLY JOINED THE MIZUKINGDOM~

#18 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:47 AM

I agree with some of your points as well dramaflake. I feel like H!P has been playing it safe for the past several years when they weren't popular/when the 48s were rising to power. There's also been health problems with Tsunku who's been pretty much the driving force behind MM and H!P in general. With Tsunku pretty much gone (sorta), I think H!P is trying to figure out where its trying to go.

The problem in the group doesn't seem to be with the girls, but with the staff. They encourage the members to act certain ways (Ogata mentioned not being allowed to make weird faces at the fans at first, and Masaki isn't allowed to talk on TV). It's more of the staff don't want the members to tarnish a group that is gone.

Even if the members in the 48gs are cool with MM, it doesn't really mean that they'll get to do concerts and mention them. Its decisions that the 48s staff have to make too. And I don't think they'd want them to perform with MM in general. I don't really hear about other idol groups performing with each other unless they are under the same company or label.

MM actually goes to Hawaii. They release alo-hello DVDs and photobooks anually and hold some FC events (I think).

Honestly, I haven't really cared for the group in the past year, but I like the members. I'll wait for the music style to change again before I fully make up my mind. I have Alice Project in the meantime.

#19 lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 486 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

It totally happens. I first listened to Morning Musume around 2001, became a big fan in 2007 and started losing interest in after Kimagure Princess and completely lost it when Aichan graduated. I think the slow rate at which they release new stuff is part of it, like you end up having to listen to the same songs for months waiting for them to release something new. I just don't enjoy them anymore so I moved on. Nogizaka46 is great btw :)

10rquf9.jpg

#20 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

*Edit*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users