• Please log in to reply
14355 replies to this topic

#1 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

:D Now that Kohara has been in Morning Musume for a few months how do you feel about her. I liked her from the start. She has a good voice but we must remember she is still a child which often shows through. At first she seemed very self conscience and didt seem to be fitting in very well with them. Thats to be expected i suppose considering she was also the only 7th gen member so its not like she came in with a couple of others she was all alone. She latched onto Sayumi early on which i think has helped her no end beacause Sayumi is so friendly and certainly does not suffer from shyness. So i think shes proving to be agreat addition to Morning Musume and things are looking bright for her.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#2 SataAndagi

SataAndagi

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

Sure, she's young and she's new but, I still don't like her. Then again, Tsunku has yet to be wrong... I think she tries to hard and it shows. She's not being natural. If she would act more natural then I'd be more accepting of her. She needs to stop trying to follow the lead of everyone else. It's so obvious that she's playing a role. What's worse than that is that she is not a good actor and people can see through her.

Maybe I'm being to hard on a 12 yr old... heh. I'm sure in time though, she'll learn who she really is and will become more natural. Until then though, she's definately not on my list. Although, I will admit though, she has had her moments of cuteness. Those moments are far limited though.

#3 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

Arhhh dont be mean, actaully thats your opinion so thats cool. I agree she tries to hard but i think thats cute and recently shes been vey cute and im a sucka for that. One day maybe she will be entre th cuteness leagues of Sayumi and KonKon :c16: (probably not) but the potential is there.

#4 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:10 PM

I think koharu is a great addition to Momusu and she starting to get better with her singing, she sang really well in chokkan 2 and I think one day she will have the cuteness like sayumi and konkon!! :c16:

#5 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

I just kinda think that there should have been more than one person in the 7th generation.
Koharu is in a lonely generation.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#6 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

Its true to say being the only one in a generation does not help here but on the same note look at Maki Goto she did ok. I have confidence in Koharu tho.

#7 Freya86

Freya86

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:10 PM

Sure, she's young and she's new but, I still don't like her. Then again, Tsunku has yet to be wrong... I think she tries to hard and it shows. She's not being natural. If she would act more natural then I'd be more accepting of her. She needs to stop trying to follow the lead of everyone else. It's so obvious that she's playing a role. What's worse than that is that she is not a good actor and people can see through her.

I have to agree, though, as cute as she might have been recently (and yes, even I've sen it *g*).
Thinking back on the other who were just as young when they joined (Aibon, Nono, Gocchin was 13), they all did much better in creating an individuality for themselves.

Koharu always seem to watch what the others are doing before deciding how she should react. An example was Haromoni's Magic Restauarnt on the 20th, when she and Yossi finally got to eat the food. She was always watching Yossi, seeing what she does.

I hope she changes that soon, because she does have a good voice (probably better than Nono did when she joined), so there is definitely some potential to her. After all, Tsunku has never been wrong yet when choosing new members :D
Posted Image
~ ikkaikiri no seishun ~ oh yeah! oh yeah! oh yeah! ~ dakara ii jan ~
Posted Image

#8 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

I think giving having her own segment with Reina will really help her "define" an image. Unless they swap members for the segment but I hope they keep it with just those two.

Posted Image

#9 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:35 PM

Ive thought for a while that Kohara may suffer from alittle hero worship with respect to Sayumi but i think thats sweet and she will grow out of it. It could of been alot worse who she latched onto at least its someone more compatible with her than say Miki or Takahashi.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#10 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

Actually thinking about it thats what i like about Koharu Kusumi, the fact that she seems to try to hard. Prehaps that is part of her and she will never grow out of it. I think that would be kinda cool (no make that Kewl) if she was still doing this when she was say 17+

#11 Jacke

Jacke

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

Koharu.
0.1 posts per day :P

#12 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

Koharu.

twas thinking the same thing myself.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#13 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

I kind of wonder who the Reina/Koharu section was more for. Reina seems to be getting more and more talkative, and with someone who needs to be pushed along, is standing more in the fore front.

Remember how hard Niigaki tried when she first came, and how people didn't like her for it? I've some faith that Kusumi will calm into her own role in the end. It's worked for almost everyone. And besides, she likes being in front of the camera and talking--that's a big plus.

#14 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:17 AM

Its alittle of the weird side some of those lyrics in that section then again i guess that must be expected in a palindrome rap battle. What will they think of next ?

#15 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:25 AM

I just kinda think that there should have been more than one person in the 7th generation.
Koharu is in a lonely generation.

i already had trouble getting used to just Koharu. i joined the Momusu fanbase right after Nacchi graduated, so Koharu's my first new generation. i probably would be kind of upset if there were more girls to 7th gen... i'm already upset that there are no more original members in the group. :lol: no more original Love Machine either!! wah.

but i think Koharu-chan's cute. i'm still getting used to her, but she's cute and she does her best. she's new, so i'm trying to cut her some slack. it's probably a big change, going from just a junior high student to working with girls up to.. what, 9 years older? than she is, in front of a camera, in front of crowds, in front of Japan.

at least Koharu has bangs. poor Risa...
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#16 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:25 PM

She was the only one that was good enough i dont think they have a limit to how many they will take on. Pity there was only one new addition. Maybe there will be more than one if/when they have an 8th gen.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#17 mekurat

mekurat

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:08 AM

I think Koharu will do just fine, she needs some time to open up though. While Maki did great when she joined as the only new member, she was a year older and her personality was very different, more outgoing.

#18 DillDoe

DillDoe

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:29 AM

she seems to be trying too hard to be outgoing/cute/likeable.
watching her in Dokyu, I found her to be kinda annoying.
Think with a little time, she'll act more natural. She got some potentials :lol:

#19 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:10 PM

I still think that alot of pressure is being put on her and that she is coping very well.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#20 Jens

Jens

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:34 PM

She is still just a child but I sometimes get the impression that she rides the short bus to school...

She's not the brightest crayon in the H!P box...
I'm not even gonna mention her behavior in the newest Musume DOKYU...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users