Photo

Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)

tsubaki factory kishimoto yumeno niimura kisora yamagishi riko tanimoto ami asakura kiki ogata risa

• Please log in to reply
2444 replies to this topic

#1221 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

In a mini press conference, °C-ute mentioned Tsubaki : http://www.japanlife...esse-des-c-ute/

The article is in French but here's a translation of the part talking about the Factories.

In your opinion, which other Hello! Project group is most likely to follow in your steps, or shares the same spirit as you?

°C-ute : Tsubaki Factory (also known as Camellia Factory), who debuted recently, are a lot like us. Just like us, who debuted shortly after Berryz Kôbô back then, Tsubaki Factory are a bit like us, and Kobushi Factory (also known as Magnolia Factory) are a bit like Berryz Kôbô. We hope that despite their hurdles, they will keep on fighting because they are strong.

The way I understand this, it confirms what I've been thinking for a long time: Tsubaki are unofficially °C-ute's successors, while Kobushi are Berryz's successors. The last sentence is vague - could it mean that °C-ute see Tsubaki's prolonged time in KSS as similar to their own time as "the remaining Kids"? I'm curious as to whether people agree with me, or if it's just my confirmation bias speaking. =)

#1222 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:36 AM

^
C-ute themselves agree with you, so why you still think it's only your own opinion :D

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#1223 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

In a mini press conference, °C-ute mentioned Tsubaki : http://www.japanlife...esse-des-c-ute/

The article is in French but here's a translation of the part talking about the Factories.

In your opinion, which other Hello! Project group is most likely to follow in your steps, or shares the same spirit as you?

°C-ute : Tsubaki Factory (also known as Camellia Factory), who debuted recently, are a lot like us. Just like us, who debuted shortly after Berryz Kôbô back then, Tsubaki Factory are a bit like us, and Kobushi Factory (also known as Magnolia Factory) are a bit like Berryz Kôbô. We hope that despite their hurdles, they will keep on fighting because they are strong.

The way I understand this, it confirms what I've been thinking for a long time: Tsubaki are unofficially °C-ute's successors, while Kobushi are Berryz's successors. The last sentence is vague - could it mean that °C-ute see Tsubaki's prolonged time in KSS as similar to their own time as "the remaining Kids"? I'm curious as to whether people agree with me, or if it's just my confirmation bias speaking. =)

i guess this clears up the whole "who will be c-ute's successor?" debate since they said it themselves lol

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#1224 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:17 AM

Okay then the purpose of having "Factory" in their name is completely defeated lol.
I think it's more like UFP doesn't wanna put out a new group before C-ute disbands, so they're kind of now trying to pass of Tsubaki as their successor....when originally they were a Berryz successor (and were promoted as such all the way up till major debut).
Kind of annoying lol.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#1225 MusubuDantotsu

MusubuDantotsu

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 530 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

^ The official version is still the same. In group introductions they still say, that they inherited Berryz's spirit and they perform sometimes Berryz covers (and no C-ute covers at all).

The thing is, that in H!P idols are "allowed" to have their own opinion, especially in established groups like C-ute. When the C-ute members see Tsubaki Factory as their successor, then this is in no way automatically the opinion from the company.

In the end the "successor" thing is only marketing and every fan can have his/her own opinion for what group Tsubaki Factory is a successor.

#1226 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

^ That's true.

I still see them as a Berryz successor lol.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#1227 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

I don't remember the last time they were promoted as berryz successor and at this point it makes no sense since they disband several years ago plus kobushi factory fit that label better. I see them as C-ute's successor and the image works better for them. It doesn't really matter though since its just a promotional tool that will eventually fade away anyway.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#1228 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:11 AM

I feel like they were always supposed to be a C-ute successor group, but it's awkward to promote as such when C-ute hadn't announced their disbandment yet. I mean, Berryz was supposed to be rotational, so I felt like saying "Berryz successor" was more of a nod at the whole of H!P Kids. Also a successor group isn't gonna be exact anyway, as said it's just for marketing, so it doesn't really matter in the end...

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#1229 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

But ºC-ute anounnced their disbandment already for the day June 12 of this year. :c11:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#1230 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

To be a C-ute successor they need an "Airi" in the group to begin with

#1231 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

Any successor label is just a lazy tag for the media and complete casuals anyway. To me they are Tsubaki Factory.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#1232 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:17 AM

I mean I guess you could say Kiki is their Airi, just without the strong vocals.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#1233 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

The "Berry successor" is the one who get access to all the Berryz wardrobe XD
Anyone can sing a cover of Berryz's song but inheriting their outfits is another thing.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#1234 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

But Tsubaki have someone better than an "Airi", they have an "Ai-chan"

0005a114.jpg

#1235 MusubuDantotsu

MusubuDantotsu

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

Any successor label is just a lazy tag for the media and complete casuals anyway. To me they are Tsubaki Factory.

^ This :)

Hopefully some more news about the new single becomes available soon.

#1236 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

But ºC-ute anounnced their disbandment already for the day June 12 of this year. :c11:

I meant when Tsubaki had been formed. They couldn't say C-ute successor back then, and they can't really retcon it now.

I agree though, I don't really like the strict idea of being a "successor group." It's just a flimsy title.

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#1237 Hana~hime

Hana~hime

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:12 AM

Hmm maybe the competition between both Factory groups does seem like BK and C-ute 2.0 because with how they debuted right after the other.

Like BK having major debut, Kobushi had instant success like almost immediately. Then C-ute took the indie route, same as how it took more that a year for Tsubaki to get it together.

But I've always thought that both were BK's successors.

Kuboshi got the 'random' members who made it work like BK did.

They also remind me of BK's quirky and rock/ energetic side.

Tsubaki who's made up of mostly gentler and feminine members reminds me of the sweeter side of BK~

Other than the fact that they are seen as the group who's 'catching up' to Kobushi, I can't really see Tsubaki as C-ute's successors.

Also IMHO even after gaining awesome new members who added the energy that was lacking for me in their group, performance-wise Kobushi's energetic vibe and strong members are closer to C-ute's. They are a more aggressive group on stage. Tsubaki is more sweeter. Kobushi is a combination of both groups while Tsubaki is unique in their own way~ 

But talking about C-ute's successor group, I hope they debut the oldest KSS in a group like this year?

I can feel those girls would be so much ready to take that on since they've been training for a looooong time and watching their feature in H!Station, I think they're sooo ready for that debut!

#1238 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

I meant when Tsubaki had been formed. They couldn't say C-ute successor back then, and they can't really retcon it now.

I agree though, I don't really like the strict idea of being a "successor group." It's just a flimsy title.

Oh, I see, excuse my clumsiness. :blush:

Probably that idea of "succesor group" goes up after the good work of the Factories, and not before.

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#1239 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

But I've always thought that both were BK's successors.

Same here.

"Since the indefinite suspension of Berryz Kobo, and after Saki Shimizu became Hello! Project Advisor, she took part of the decision of the members and of the group's name.
Like Kobushi Factory, "Factory" has also been associated in order to inherit Berryz Kobo spirit.
From now on, please support Tsubaki Factory as well as Hello! Project."

UP-FRONT PROMOTION Co., Ltd.

IMO C-ute already has a successor(without the cover songs), it's J=J

Now let's get back to more important issues, like how great they all look in this pic.

Hello_Project-706835.jpg

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#1240 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

Dance lesson. @ 17:56